AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-02-05, 12:53   Link #581
Miraploy

Somebody should compile a post with all the translations, or at least as much as there is.
Miraploy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 13:32   Link #582
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraploy View Post
Somebody should compile a post with all the translations, or at least as much as there is.
I'm afraid that it's against the forum rules to post translations or links to translations of licenced material, and I'm pretty sure the drama CDs are licenced.
Old 2009-02-05, 13:41   Link #583
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
I'm afraid that it's against the forum rules to post translations or links to translations of licenced material, and I'm pretty sure the drama CDs are licenced.
At least the ones for the first season are clearly licensed and were actually released along with the DVD box sets.

The others...who knows if Bandai Entertainment will bother to include them, since they're mostly comedy and overall less interesting, when Code Geass R2 starts to be released. Same thing goes for this "new" special drama CD.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 23:21   Link #584
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Want to ask, did Bandai already release all the Drama CDs from Season 1 yet?

Was away for a while now.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 01:14   Link #585
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Want to ask, did Bandai already release all the Drama CDs from Season 1 yet?

Was away for a while now.
I don't think they've released them all, but I'm pretty sure they're all licenced already (at least season 1).
Old 2009-02-06, 01:26   Link #586
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Right. Thanks.

Wasn't sure if Bandai did release all of them for the NA version at least.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-02-08, 00:39   Link #587
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonae View Post
I bring news straight from the LJ community! The user being the one who owns {Words of Song} (I can't remember their name but they are a user here)

There will be a new sound drama titled Code Geass : Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 Sound Variety R18

It will have a song by Tianzi, a song by Ougi/Orange/Viletta, and the voices of the characters talking.

The release date is March 25th.

-hopes she remember the information right-
Thanks for the infos . I am curious to hear the Ougi/Orange/Viletta song
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 23:10   Link #588
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
They've released 2 drama CD's in English but they release 6 tracks at a time so technically it's equivalent to 4 Sound Episodes. 1 more to go for season 1.

Anyways.... Sunrise, the show's over... quit milking it. It just makes things worse....
Old 2009-02-12, 02:55   Link #589
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Can't wait to hear them soon...

Old 2009-02-12, 18:10   Link #590
ginran
~Smile~

wait, so there will be 2 new songs on the new Sound Drama? one by Tianzi and one by Ougi/Villeta/Orange?

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 23:06   Link #591
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Ougi, Viletta, and Orange...

And still no Suzaku?

D:

Tianzi's should be cute, though.
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 14:24   Link #592
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
3... once again you guys are forgetting Tamaki.
Old 2009-03-31, 16:24   Link #593
CC
♥ 無情この世はすべて
*Fansubber

R2 Sound Variety 18 was pretty much just total crack, but Villetta/Jeremiah/Ougi love triangle song + Tianzi's song were awesome. I loved Tianzi's, especially when she sings "wo ai ni~". Villetta + Orange > Villetta + Ougi. Anyone have the lyrics or other information from this release? (Japanese is fine)

You can find the translation for the love triangle song [here].

Last edited by CC; 2009-03-31 at 16:40.
CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 19:01   Link #594
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC View Post
R2 Sound Variety 18 was pretty much just total crack, but Villetta/Jeremiah/Ougi love triangle song + Tianzi's song were awesome. I loved Tianzi's, especially when she sings "wo ai ni~". Villetta + Orange > Villetta + Ougi. Anyone have the lyrics or other information from this release? (Japanese is fine)

You can find the translation for the love triangle song [here].
VillettaXOrange is crap XD. She turns him down

Anyway, here the others infos about the SV18.

Translation by Natsuki Hyuga, so give + rep to Nat-chan, no to me. She just gave me the infos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga
至高のキャラクターソング…
※「天子的憲法四条」歌:天子〔松元環季〕 作詩:黒石ひとみ 作曲・編曲:中野定博
※「ロンリーロード 玉城!」歌:玉城内務省掃拭賛助官 黄金兄弟岩石回転楽団
(田中一成 っていうか道頓堀ダイバーズ) 作詩:谷口悟朗 作曲:田中一成 編曲:WACHA
※「ままならぬ愛のトリアージュ」歌:ヴィレッタ&扇&ジェレミア
(渡辺明乃&真殿光昭&成田剣) 作詩:桑原永江 作曲・編曲:中川幸太郎  ムード歌謡です !!
●「シャルル・ジ・ブリタニアの人生相談」   出演 シャルル(皇帝):若本規夫
●パロディショートドラマ「土の味 R18」  出演:扇(真殿光昭)、玉城(田中一成) 脚本:谷口悟朗
●キャスト居酒屋座談会
玉城の店に集ったメンバーたちによるコードギアス座談会。みなさんお酒もはいっていい気分。
果たしてその内容はいかに…。説明できません…。

From Top to bottom (* is character song, ^ is short drama CD):

* Emperor-like constitution... (Not sure about this part-more like I have yet to encounter kanji like this. Although I'm sure one of them is "four" and the otehr... I have yet to know

* Lonely Road Tamaki!

* Triage of Love Beyond Control

^ Charles Vi Brittania (or whatever they spell his name )'s Counseling Service. In Nat's word: CRACK

^ Parody Short Drama 「土の味 R18」 <- Part that I'm not sure of. R18 is easy enough (), but I guess the kanjis part are a name of a person? Because if not it becomes "Taste of Earth". But yeah, this track is the R18 track one, with conversation between Ougi and Tamaki. Haven't decided to hear it at the moment-all non yaoi R-18 would have to wait first

^ Cast's Bar Symposium (or Table Talk/Discussion for easier understanding). Paraphrasing the details: The casts goes to drink in Tamaki's bar. Of course, bar would mean drunk scenario happening. And it does happen
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 19:06   Link #595
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Remember: Sakurai had stopped singing character songs, so don't expect Suzaku to get a song of his own.
Old 2009-03-31, 19:40   Link #596
CC
♥ 無情この世はすべて
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
VillettaXOrange is crap XD. She turns him down

Anyway, here the others infos about the SV18.

Translation by Natsuki Hyuga, so give + rep to Nat-chan, no to me. She just gave me the infos
Thanks to you for posting it and thanks to Hyuga and Nat for sharing~

I just don't like Ougi, at all. He really annoys me and I think a lot of what he did was unfounded. I think Villetta x Ougi is sweet / romantic but I really love Jeremiah and prefer them since it's kind of dark and sultry.

Old 2009-04-01, 02:03   Link #597
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Some correction- the first song translation is totally wrong. It's a kind of a mixture between kanjis and Chinese in the meaning, in which I failed to grasp until now when I finally heard her song for the first time today.

Yes, the 1st one is Tianzi's song that I do not know how to translate. The meaning in RAW unedited Japanese skill of mine would be "Emperor-like Constitution Four Paragraph/Sentence" which doesn't make sense at all (and this translation is easily made if you haven't heard the song and doesn't know Tianzi's name kanji and a bit of different pronounciation/meaning between kanji-Chinese.) Anyone is welcome to take a shot at the first song translation while I decidedly being lazy and finish off my Danna Catalogue and BL game Drama CDs nao :'D

And alas... Katakana fails me in Tamaki's Character Song. It would have to be : Lonely Lord Tamaki. But what~e~va~ I'm not paying attention to Tamaki's song anyway since his CV doesn't impress me at all.

FAST EDIT BECAUSE MY JAPANESE WAS FAILING ME AND I WAS NOT LISTENING TO DRAMA CD WHEN I POSTED THE INFO TO NARONA-CHAN :'D:

For those who have seen track listings in Play-Asia, they will notice that there are 5 more tracks. These tracks are basically the "talk" tracks, where the seiyuu often talk/voice act to give depth into the characters they voiced. There is nothing special in these five tracks though.

[Tamaki's Bar Opening] (which for reason known my source was giving me the info as "Cast Bar" Symposium-it's the unedited version of the details back then when it was announced) is one of the most cracky of all, I can guarantee, with the seiyuus are... Crazy-talking in their characters respectively

FYI, this is the track's title when I checked the booklet of SVR-18: 座談会~「玉城バー開店」.

And the Short Parody R-18 is taken from Episode 17 (thanks to Random person pointing that out for me~), with Ougi taking Suzaku's side and Tamaki taking Lulu's side (or something like that... This person has not seen CG R2 Episode 15~END for God's sake, so the parody is kind of lost at me D: ). Tamaki fans should be careful though-he is the pet peeve of this track

As for Charles' Counseling Service... Pretty much the title is giving you the idea what crack is awaiting you in this track, no? :'D

(Tianzi, your song title still fails me. What is the translation of your song's title OMFG! )

Hope these info would help you all a bit

Real Track Listing from the booklet:

Quote:
01. 天子的憲法四条 (RAW Japanese makes no sense at all rofl)
02. 土の味 R18
03. 座談会 玉城バー開店
04. 座談会
05. 座談会
06. 座談会
07. 座談会 果てしないクロストーク
08. ロンリーロード 玉城!
09. 皇帝の人生相談
10. 座談会 玉城バー閉店
11. ままならぬ愛のトリアージュ
As for the lyrics, I can't type that now since my source doesn't include the scan of lyrics page (if there is any though). I'll try to find another booklet scan of R-18 if i can and not lazy.

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2009-04-01 at 03:50.
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 08:48   Link #598
CC
♥ 無情この世はすべて
*Fansubber

I'll post the romanji tomorrow after I get some sleep.

Spoiler for Tianzi's Song:

Spoiler for Out of Control Love Triangle:

@ Natsuki Hyuga: The title for the first song is Chinese, not Japanese, which is probably why you had problems. 天子 = Tianzi, which is a Chinese Emperor. 的憲法四条 = Fourth Constitution? Not sure. I'll translate it better when I get some rest, been up almost 24 hours now and it's killing me. ;_;

Old 2009-04-01, 20:24   Link #599
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC View Post
@ Natsuki Hyuga: The title for the first song is Chinese, not Japanese, which is probably why you had problems. 天子 = Tianzi, which is a Chinese Emperor. 的憲法四条 = Fourth Constitution? Not sure. I'll translate it better when I get some rest, been up almost 24 hours now and it's killing me. ;_;
Yesh, that is what I have already thought after I see "的" and Tianzi's kanji (which should be read in Chinese). Since I couldn't read Chinese, I must give up in trying to translate that. (Though i get a feeling if we tried to translate it into Chinese, the meaning would be very funny for Chinese expert~ Trust me in this-Japanese's Chinese can make you LOL ). 憲法四条 = Fourth Constitution is what it means if you tried to read it in Japanese. The Chinese would have a different meaning if I remember my failed Chinese good

Brings me back memories when I tried to figure out Nyan-Nyan CM song from Macross

And thank you for posting the lyrics (even if it's in Japanese). I agree with you though with how Tianzi's song is very cute. It makes me feel "awwww" when I heard how she "misspelled" (for the lack of better word) quite a lot of words... ^ ^

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 22:31   Link #600
ChildrenOfTheMind

Is there a dubbed version of this CD?
ChildrenOfTheMind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama cd