Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-02-21, 10:13   Link #101
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
But I like to make aware of some of the good but obscure ones from other media such as Hathaway's death at his father's hand but neither party knew about it.
It's still heartbreaking everytime i hear about this. Apart of me is glad that we'll never see it visually.
Old 2010-01-09, 10:58   Link #102
s07025

1. Odelo Herik's death in Victory GUndam episode 51: Totally unexpected and sadest one ever.
2. Death of Bernie Wiseman on 0080 War in a Pocket: Tragic ending
3. Death of Jinn Gehenamann and the old guys on the reinforce junior on Victory GUndam episode 50: Kamikaze attack. Simplay brutal.
4. Death of Uso's mother on Victory GUndam: Her head was sliced clean off lol
5. Possible Death of Amuro and Char in Char's Counterattack
s07025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 01:11   Link #103
Traece
:cool:

You know, Gundam has a plethora of amazing death scenes. I honestly never thought about it until now. I think time really helped though, since in full honesty I thought Gundam 00 had the best death scenes out of them all.

First I'm going to point out some characters we may have forgotten. =D

Spoiler for Garma Zabi & Dozle Zabi:

Spoiler for Andrew Waltfeld (SEED) + Wife & Ramba Ral:

Now to be honest, I think Nicole's death might have been one of the more memorable ones. Out of all of them his was definitely one of the most tragic. You knew he was going to die because out of all of them he was the nicest guy. Too bad for him.

Lockon Stratos was definitely up there as well as being one of the sad ones. As well as Chris and Lichty.
Old 2010-01-11, 01:57   Link #104
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Arba Lindt's "~IYAAAAAAAA!!!~"
the most epic death scene in S2?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 04:54   Link #105
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
You know, Gundam has a plethora of amazing death scenes. I honestly never thought about it until now. I think time really helped though, since in full honesty I thought Gundam 00 had the best death scenes out of them all.

Now to be honest, I think Nicole's death might have been one of the more memorable ones. Out of all of them his was definitely one of the most tragic. You knew he was going to die because out of all of them he was the nicest guy. Too bad for him.

Lockon Stratos was definitely up there as well as being one of the sad ones. As well as Chris and Lichty.
I agree with you, but Andrew Waltfeld didn't die.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 07:42   Link #106
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
Arba Lindt's "~IYAAAAAAAA!!!~"
the most epic death scene in S2?
Goodman's death was similarly epic. After all, a guy who boasts about overwhelming the enemies with numbers and had the audacity to carry out atrocities at the expense of innocent lives (he could have done otherwise though orders were given by the top achelons, like Kati) should not run wild before his inevitable death.

Seriously, death is not enough for this guy.

At least Arba Lindt didn't run. Oops, sorry, he didn't even have the opportunity to run.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 13:58   Link #107
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
Quote:

I completely forgot about Dozle and Garma. They did go out spectacularly. Kycillia had a pretty awesome finish as well. You could say it... blew her mind! Yeah... I apologize, it's been a while since I've used a really bad pun...

I will say, hands down, that the most memorable death for me was Paptimus Scirocco's. Never in my Gundam-crazed life have I seen such an asshole of a character (though the Frost brothers are definitely close), and watching his end literally made my jaw drop. I won't spoil it for those woh haven't seen it, but my god, MY GOD, is it the most awesome moment in Gundam (for me) ever.

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 23:37   Link #108
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
I agree with you, but Andrew Waltfeld didn't die.
Wait... He survived that? My memory must be fuzzy then.

Attention Animesuki: Andrew Waltfeld is now HONORARILY dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
I completely forgot about Dozle and Garma. They did go out spectacularly. Kycillia had a pretty awesome finish as well. You could say it... blew her mind! Yeah... I apologize, it's been a while since I've used a really bad pun...

I will say, hands down, that the most memorable death for me was Paptimus Scirocco's. Never in my Gundam-crazed life have I seen such an asshole of a character (though the Frost brothers are definitely close), and watching his end literally made my jaw drop. I won't spoil it for those woh haven't seen it, but my god, MY GOD, is it the most awesome moment in Gundam (for me) ever.
Kycilia's death was ok. There's definitely better deaths. As far as Scirocco goes his death was definitely interesting. I never got far enough in Zeta to see him die, but I saw how it happens when I found this thread. Somebody posted a picture of it a couple pages back as well.

You know who had a really memorable death? Flay Allstar.
Ding Dong the Witch is dead. RIP Slut Slut.
Old 2010-01-11, 23:49   Link #109
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Wait... He survived that? My memory must be fuzzy then.

Attention Animesuki: Andrew Waltfeld is now HONORARILY dead.

Kycilia's death was ok. There's definitely better deaths. As far as Scirocco goes his death was definitely interesting. I never got far enough in Zeta to see him die, but I saw how it happens when I found this thread. Somebody posted a picture of it a couple pages back as well.

You know who had a really memorable death? Flay Allstar.
Ding Dong the Witch is dead. RIP Slut Slut.
Yeah, Waltfeld survived. Lost a good bit of himself but he did survive the battle. Aisha didn't.

You lose points for bashing Flay though. =X
Old 2010-01-11, 23:59   Link #110
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
For me , it will be rau le creuset's death in seed and bring stability in 00
Old 2010-01-12, 01:24   Link #111
Rawinder

Saddest deaths are Bernie in 0080 and Kyoji in G Gundam.

Most epic deaths are Glemmy in ZZ and Chronicle in Victory. Honorable mention to the redshirt in F91 that Zabine shot in the face.
Rawinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 02:27   Link #112
Akuma_Blade
Last "Real Robot" Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Akuma_Blade
-Bernie Wiseman (0080)
-Neil Dylandy (Gundam 00)
-Anavel Gato (0083)

totally heroic deaths...
Akuma_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 02:41   Link #113
Scorch

Bernie - 0080. Reason should be obvious to anyone who saw 0080.

Norris Packard - he had an epic fight against a vastly superior force, and succeeded in his mission while allowing himself to be killed at the same time. I'm pretty sure he could have killed the whole 08th MS Team if he had actually wanted to.

Kate - V Gundam. She held a collapsing structure with her MS after it was damaged. She had absolutely no way to fight back, and the enemy pilot talked with her a bit before pulling out a beam saber and impaling her.
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 03:30   Link #114
jonli
JONLIの憂'

I guess I don't have to mention Bernie since he's like in everyone's post.

There actually isn't really a death of a character in any Gundam series that was spectacularly memorable for me. Something close would be Sochie wearing Gavane's wedding dress for her, but it wasn't the death that made it memorable for me, it was Sochie.

However there are A LOT of violent deaths in Gundam that SCARRED me for life. An example would be that insane bikini woman that got vaporized by Usso in the Angel Halo, that scene was burnt into my mind. It was so cruel, she made a small "urp" and then just turned into atoms. No trace of existence .
Another one of those would be the bridge bunnies in Seed in the Earth Alliance Lunar base, who all inflated and burst into bubbles of blood. That was brutal, and very unexpected...
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 07:14   Link #115
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
I guess I don't have to mention Bernie since he's like in everyone's post.

There actually isn't really a death of a character in any Gundam series that was spectacularly memorable for me. Something close would be Sochie wearing Gavane's wedding dress for her, but it wasn't the death that made it memorable for me, it was Sochie.

However there are A LOT of violent deaths in Gundam that SCARRED me for life. An example would be that insane bikini woman that got vaporized by Usso in the Angel Halo, that scene was burnt into my mind. It was so cruel, she made a small "urp" and then just turned into atoms. No trace of existence .
Another one of those would be the bridge bunnies in Seed in the Earth Alliance Lunar base, who all inflated and burst into bubbles of blood. That was brutal, and very unexpected...
Yeah, that was particularly disgusting.

I've hope that among people in this forum that someone will be cultivated to be a leader that is worthy of ending war once and for all. Perhaps even realize the "Gundam" dream.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 12:46   Link #116
AaKkisa

I will say it, for me my most memorable death was Anew. It wasn't even when the Gaddess blew up, it was when "Trust You" by Yuna Ito started to play slowly. This 23-yr old eye's welled up instantly.

With a PhD in Horribleness.
AaKkisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 05:33   Link #117
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

A Gundam series is not worth of its name without tragic deaths :P
Among the many the ones that moved me more were Nicol's and Mwu's deaths in Gundam SEED. The first was expected, but not less tragic, while the second truly surprised me. I really thought (hoped?) he was going to make it XD
Then, the fact that they both died in a truly painfully way to protect people they cared only add to the awesomeness of the moments.
Yeah... a pity it was decided to bring Mwu back...
Atlantis_Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 17:31   Link #118
toru_toru

Definitely Flay Allster's death from Gundam seed. She died just as I began to like her. Flay Allster definitely contradicted from the cliched Gundam character. She showed qualities that were more admirable and in the end, she accepted the reality of war. She only acted like a bitch because she was insecure, I don't think thats something to bring her down on.
toru_toru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 12:57   Link #119
SoranGTR
SIEG HARUHI!!!

Send a message via MSN to SoranGTR
Tragic
- Nicol from Gundam Seed. While some found his last line "Mother...my piano" rather lame, to me it suited him perfectly. He was a reluctant soldier, and a very young one as that. He should have been like any carefree teen, pursuing his love for the piano. Instead he ends up on the battlefield, and dies on it. Such is the tragedy of total war

-Anew from 00. This one is a tear-jerker, especially when Lyle and Anew were so close to being united with each other. The only consolation was that 00 Gundam's happy dust allowed them to say goodbye to each other. Lyle bashing Setsuna like a punching bag in frustration and rage was the icing on the cake

-Sergei. A career soldier who knew to do what was right, whose only flaw was not connecting with his son who had closed off his heart to him. He deserved much better than to be killed by his own flesh and blood.
Nothing shall stand between me and my destiny.
Amen
SoranGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 23:54   Link #120
KimmyS

I cried for good 10 minutes for Lockon Stratos
KimmyS is offline   Reply With Quote