AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-02, 14:35   Link #21
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
In this case though, I don't think they're actually gonna die. Well most of them anyway...
Yeah. I considered that possibility. And truthfully, if that's the way it goes, then I won't have a problem with it anymore.
Old 2011-11-02, 14:37   Link #22
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
anyway, I still can't see how everything is going on.... would the fullbringers join Ichigo's side or not?? (since they are actually a good people)
the only two that seemed to have any good qualities were Yukio and Jackie...and Jackie is dead.

Giriko murdered his wife
Riruka kidnapped a person and held him against his will
Old 2011-11-02, 14:46   Link #23
AdventSleeper

Don't care about their backstories... why? They're gonna be dead soon anyways, just like all those Arrancar.
Old 2011-11-02, 14:52   Link #24
AvalonCode

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmIaNeRd View Post
Don't care about their backstories... why? They're gonna be dead soon anyways, just like all those Arrancar.
Exactly!! We have seen this all before. We got all hyped bout seeing all three top Espada being Vastro Lords and they turn into fodder. Enough of this already and lets move on to Isshen.

What did U say?! I didn't think so
Old 2011-11-02, 15:08   Link #25
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
Yeah but she was just a kid that didn't understand. I think she feels guilty about it now (despite doing the same thing when she was helping Ichigo train) or at least felt guilty about until Ginjo duped her into thinking it was justifiable.

I'm just guessing all this though...
Old 2011-11-02, 15:18   Link #26
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I know I'm trying to use a bit too much logic for Bleach...but it's still kidnapping and false imprisonment, it's easy enough to recognize fear, which she ignored for a long time and caused severe psychological damage.

She may have been repenting for it before she met Mr. Rapeface, but that's still something pretty major to be overlooked.
Old 2011-11-02, 15:53   Link #27
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
These cliffhangers are really annoying especially when every shounen manga deploys them every chapter.
Old 2011-11-02, 15:58   Link #28
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Even a 7 year old child understands something is wrong when they lock someone up and they tell them they want to get out. I highly doubt the guy would have been locked up and wouldn't tell her to let him out almost immediately...God knows how long the guy was in there...
I rather liked Riruka (enough to make her be the only one of the FB I didn't want gone) but now...don't really care what happens to her...actually I'm pissed Rukia didn't end it when she could >_>
Old 2011-11-02, 17:28   Link #29
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Seriously?

That chapter was like reading disconnected plot concepts from a kid with ADHD.
HAY!!!
do not insult peole with ADHD!!! people with it can write much better than what kubo came out with today. I'll have you know i won (and still win) alot of awards in school for writing even though i have it. (i dont have ADHD as much as what i had a couple of years ago though )

good artwork,
=_=' "really kubo, really?" < what i thought with the story telling.

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2011-11-02, 17:32   Link #30
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well at least we got a semi-decent amount of content this chapter.
Old 2011-11-02, 19:28   Link #31
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
In this case though, I don't think they're actually gonna die. Well most of them anyway...
I agree and I don't if they survive it will be much like in Yu Yu Hakusho way in which after thought being killed they all turn out to have survived in the end
Old 2011-11-02, 20:37   Link #32
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

blah blah blah a backstory of characters that are already halfway killed off. Kenpachi needs to just break into everyones fighting room and cut everyone in half.
Old 2011-11-02, 22:53   Link #33
Simon_Lord

Send a message via MSN to Simon_Lord
seems like fullbringers all relate to a close one who died and an object that reflects it, like Orihime with her hair pins and her brother's death. Chad with his necklace and his grandfather's death. makes a whole lot of sense to me now! really interesting chapter, wouldve liked to see a little bit of fighting but ill save that pleasure for next week
Old 2011-11-03, 01:42   Link #34
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisai Kuma View Post
HAY!!!
do not insult peole with ADHD!!! people with it can write much better than what kubo came out with today. I'll have you know i won (and still win) alot of awards in school for writing even though i have it. (i dont have ADHD as much as what i had a couple of years ago though )

good artwork,
=_=' "really kubo, really?" < what i thought with the story telling.
My sister has ADHD so trust me when I say that I know exactly what I meant when I wrote that. It wasn't an insult. People with ADD or ADHD, their minds skip all over the place almost chaotically, from one idea to the next - which is exactly how this chapter read to me.

(Just for the record, ADHD isn't something that just gets better with time unless you are on mediation. At least, that certainly was never the case for my sister or anyone else I know who has it).
Old 2011-11-03, 05:05   Link #35
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
What anime or cartoon is that avatar from? Who is the guy in your signature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Enjoy. Maybe now that we've gotten some details on the fullbringers backgrounds, you'll start to feel bad for them and care for them more--especially for the ones who've already lost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Enough people have already stated what was primarily on my mind regarding the chapter. So I'm gonna try not to beat that dead horse much further. About the only thing I will say regarding the issue is that I could've done without the backstories period. I hate it when Kubo devotes time into fleshing out characters who ultimately end up dead--especially when he does so immediately before they die. But now he's trying to develop them after they die!? I didn't care much about them then, and I certainly don't care about them now that they're gone. But who knows? Maybe...just maybe, the fullbringers who lost will actually come back somehow. So maybe that's why Kubo decided to shed some light onto their pasts now of all times.
Well we all know it's not like she's in any real danger of getting killed. So that pretty much takes all the suspense out of it right there IMO. lol
I really don't think that was his intention, since the only one that truly had a tragic past was Jackie. Giriko killed his wife just to see if he could. His only saving grace was he regretted it after he did the deed. Not that it helped much... It also explained what he meant when he said that his powers come with a time limit and specific conditions had to be met or Ichigo would perish and not even he could stop them. He wanted to kill his wife with a "glance". That was the contract---he reneged in the end and so he lost an eye

Yuki was an antisocial, sociopath with a huge ego, and now it's easy to understand why he had no compunction killing and unfazed by watching his friends die.
Riruka though I love her, kidnapped a dude and held him hostage simply because she loved him---
Since this part addresses RD's post I am slipping it in here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Even a 7 year old child understands something is wrong when they lock someone up and they tell them they want to get out. I highly doubt the guy would have been locked up and wouldn't tell her to let him out almost immediately...God knows how long the guy was in there...
I rather liked Riruka (enough to make her be the only one of the FB I didn't want gone) but now...don't really care what happens to her...actually I'm pissed Rukia didn't end it when she could >_>
It is because she was a child that she didn't know that it was "wrong". She was about 5 or 6 when she activated her fullbring. She was only 7 at the time. One person was nice to her and so she wanted to make sure he never left her and she wanted him to LOVE her. It's also goes to show why children are the creepiest, little fucking, psychos ever. Because they don't really understand the concept of life, death, right or wrong. Nor do they understand what "free will" really means since they don't have any-- unless their parents are negligent, and uncaring.

They are told when to eat, sleep, wash, what wear, when to go to school and when they must "stay inside" by their parents. The people who do this because they "love" them.

They don't think about consequence of their actions.(That's what separates them from adults. If they could grasp shit like that. Then their little asses could get a job,move out , get their own place, and be self-supporting at a young age) They live in the "now" and their only thoughts are of their own happiness at that moment. Even if it means, imprisoning the object of their affections. Even if means destroying whatever, or killing whomever they have to in order to achieve that happiness.
She was a child and it's clear that she didn't do it to be mean. She did it out of love.
  • "My fullbring is Dollhouse. If I think something is cool or awesome. I can insert and remove it or people and insert into whatever I like"
  • "Fullbring is an ability of LOVE"
  • I like lots of things and I'm gonna keep on looking for even more! I wanna spend my whole life collecting things I like and be smothered to death by them!"

She thought that she could make him love her by bringing him "sweets". (does that really sound like she knew the difference between right and wrong to you? ) When she learned the exact opposite occurred and instead of loving her, he feared her. She let him go. So she's not all bad because she never thought about killing him and the thought made her unhappy. Riruka and Jackie are the only ones out of the entire group that are actually redeemable.

Personally..I don't think that the sole purpose of these flashbacks is for their character development alone. I don't believe Kubo wants you to feel empathy for them either. He wants you to understand what makes them tick--yes. Feel sorry for them-NO. However I do not believe that is the sole purpose for giving us insight into their characters. I don't think that he did this just to make you see why they would want to be rid of their powers--. Since nothing good came out of them until they met Ginjou. (Or at least it seems that way) that's part of the reason- yes.(Reminds me of what he said about Mayuri and Noi. Even that bad parts is what makes them the characters they are. So he wants to show their twisted sides as well) I just do not believe that Kubo show us their pasts just because --
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Kubo thought up some interesting stuff about their pasts and made it one chapter
It would seem that Kubo is developing Fullbring, the ability. Kubo is using Xcution to do so, at least that's how it seems to me. Because Ichigo now has that ability and he's a new jack, so Kubo can't use his POV to explain things. Because he doesn't know jack shit about Fullbring.

Ichigo's powers like Aizen powers, and plans primarily comes from the development of other characters. In flashbacks during the battles and character deaths...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I mean each of it could've been a good manga in its own damn right (not for Bleach). But I guess we'll see where he's going with it...

You will probably never meet another soul that loves Kubo and Bleach more than I do and even I wouldn't go that far... One chapter....is all their stories are good for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
My sister has ADHD so trust me when I say that I know exactly what I meant when I wrote that. It wasn't an insult. People with ADD or ADHD, their minds skip all over the place almost chaotically, from one idea to the next - which is exactly how this chapter read to me.

(Just for the record, ADHD isn't something that just gets better with time unless you are on mediation. At least, that certainly was never the case for my sister or anyone else I know who has it).
I actually thought that was cool of him to show all their pasts in retrospect, simultaneously. . It was better than one random flashback per fight--that would have dragged things out unnecessarily. The we would sit through a lot of pointless dialog and he would have to come up with some asspull reason to do so, so we can have the flash back in every chapter. This way we cover everyone in one conversation and then move on because while these guys are necessary, they're also clearly fodder. So I think he handled that well. Especially since their pasts were directly responsible for their connection to Ginjou.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
The problem here is that there is no way to know how much of this is "correct" because of Tsukishima's hax powers. What they remember is distorted by his ability to insert himself into their past, so there's no telling what he's manipulated. So while it's all fun and interesting, it's ultimately meaningless and hard to find empathy for because there's so much uncertainty airing over these fights.

I'm not quite sure what is going on at the end of the chapter though. Is Riruka activating some kind of self destruct? I can't be arsed to read back to earlier chapters if it's been shown before.
While there is a possibility that Tsukishima could have tampered with them--I doubt it. Because the fullbringers seem to have a "gang mentality"

Most gang-bangers come from broken in homes and most are starved for love. Sure they rob and steal, sell drugs, and kill people too. But most of them do so because they want to "belong" to a group. Being in a gang gives them a sense of family Recruiters look for that in a youth and then use it to exploit them. Ginjou clearly took advantage of their feelings of isolation and used that to manipulate them. They all had separation issues because of an ability that was feared and could be used to harm others. Because they're weren't like other humans. For the first time in their lives they were able to forge a camaraderie.

The thing I find interesting---Tsukishima's past wasn't shown in retrospect. So I wonder if he's a Shinigami too. What's his role besides mind raping everyone? He's so bad ass, I don't think that he's fodder just yet. I could be wrong, but I dunno....there is more to him than what we've already seen. I feel it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Really? It made perfect sense to me. Riruka is basically monologing about their past and how Ginjo appeared at their worst moments and gave them something to live for. All of them felt isolated and ended up with powers they didn't really understand.

It's basically a twisted mirror version of Ichigo's and his human friends/family. They're all strong together, rely and depend on each other, have strong abilities, etc.
Agreed.

Last edited by Lord of Pandemonium; 2011-11-03 at 05:38. Reason: grammar before I got too lazy to correct it all. I don't get paid for this and I added a few things.
Old 2011-11-03, 09:26   Link #36
Aqua Knight

Typical Kubo character introduction:
1) New character(NC) appears
2) NC fights: win/lose
3) NC fights again
4) NC flashback
5) NC wins/dies/joins Ichigo/uncertain status like Nel, GJ

But mixing everybody's past together wasn't a good idea ,as at first I thought that a time guy was Riruka's father
Old 2011-11-03, 12:08   Link #37
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
this chapter should have been when itchigo was introduced to them and introduced their powers. then we might have cared for them. But hell, two of them are already dead, so who cares about their lives as they wont return(but they will) why tells us this now, tell it earlier to make us understand them and try to care for them.
Old 2011-11-03, 13:08   Link #38
AvalonCode

Well Im sorry bro^ but, I never really cared for them in the first place. I mean i like Riruka and Tsukishima a lot more than the others but, lets face it; this arc is FAIL. Come on man for real? Fullbring? Lame much? Really though I am interested in Tsuki's FB since the fight with Byakuya started but, the meat and potatoes of this arc should have been around Isshen and Gin. Gin's FB seems kinda lame but, Im more interested in his past as a Shinigami Rep, why he defected and why they want him dead.

What did U say?! I didn't think so
Old 2011-11-03, 16:34   Link #39
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvalonCode View Post
Well Im sorry bro^ but, I never really cared for them in the first place. I mean i like Riruka and Tsukishima a lot more than the others but, lets face it; this arc is FAIL. Come on man for real? Fullbring? Lame much? Really though I am interested in Tsuki's FB since the fight with Byakuya started but, the meat and potatoes of this arc should have been around Isshen and Gin. Gin's FB seems kinda lame but, Im more interested in his past as a Shinigami Rep, why he defected and why they want him dead.
cant argue with you there....the arc started out pretty good, i even fought for it as i said i liked it. But its chapters like this that make it really hard to enjoy the manga, the pace is off the charts slow, the characters are not likeable and 2 are dead with a 3rd on the way.

sometimes you got to know when to take the L and this arc...im taking the L on defending it as it has become undefendable.
Old 2011-11-03, 17:39   Link #40
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
the only two that seemed to have any good qualities were Yukio and Jackie...and Jackie is dead.

Giriko murdered his wife
Have you forgotten that yukio stole his parents money, ruined their business and was clearly overjoyed when he found out that it drove them to suicide? in fact this latest chapter suggests that his parents were not really all that neglectful.