AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-11-20, 15:50   Link #141
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
We might see a bit of a sales increase once the Titus and Sparrow later appear, though.
new kits wont make the old ones sell any better though
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 15:51   Link #142
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Guys, not to intrude, but could you take this models and sales discussion to the models thread.
Old 2011-11-25, 01:57   Link #143
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

A nice official view of the Zedas' flight mode.

http://i.imgur.com/9jjz4.jpg
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 04:23   Link #144
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post

It's a Union Flag! Graham's offsprings are piloting those
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 05:49   Link #145
casval cehack

Quote:

And an even more interesting description for the UE carrier, now begging for translation. Assuming the "1000m" is the length, that's one freaking big carrier. It's between Zeta's Gwadan class battleship(~500m) and Jupitris class freighters (2000m).

Any estimates for Diva's length?

Last edited by casval cehack; 2011-11-25 at 05:52. Reason: comparison pic
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 10:08   Link #146
brightman
Ancient Member

Doesn't set anything in stone, but it says its "dozens of times" bigger than the EF's ships and is "more than 1000 meters". Also can carry "a high number of MS's", which I guess we already know...
Old 2011-11-25, 19:54   Link #147
PzIVf3

Quote:

There is another one here.

Its very strange that Zedas has a beam saber but a sword tail. An Anti-ship sword?
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 07:12   Link #148
bio9205
Reborn

Well, we haven't seen it in action yet.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 18:27   Link #149
PzIVf3

It will look better without the ventilation mask.

Its seem that factory has full of amazing technology from the past that could mean the UE is not from the future.
Old 2011-11-28, 19:25   Link #150
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Its seem that factory has full of amazing technology from the past that could mean the UE is not from the future.
Yark Dole has technology from the past - we're not sure about where the Madorners get their tech from, possibly from Yark himself too, since he's one of their customers (though since Madorner's wife doesn't know him, seems to be not that big of a customer...)

As for the time travel rumor - I think that's been proven wrong a few times already, don't know why people still cling to it.
Old 2011-11-29, 03:59   Link #151
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Yark Dole has technology from the past - we're not sure about where the Madorners get their tech from, possibly from Yark himself too, since he's one of their customers (though since Madorner's wife doesn't know him, seems to be not that big of a customer...)

As for the time travel rumor - I think that's been proven wrong a few times already, don't know why people still cling to it.
Something new and exciting?

Then again, the UE could be time travelling too, just not from the future which most of us assumed, the plot thickens?

no, as i said in the episode 8 discussion i belive this dark merchant has connections with people still clinging to the past, Remnants from the colony wars still holding a grudge that didnt abandon their technology.

it would make sense if the UE = Zeon-remnants ripoff
Old 2011-11-29, 06:05   Link #152
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post

It will look better without the ventilation mask.

I've noticed that the G-EXES was not carrying any DODS-like rifle during its introduction in episode 8. Perhaps the Age-Builder will build Woolf one?
Old 2011-11-29, 07:21   Link #153
bio9205
Reborn

A possibility is that the AGE-1 never reverts back to its Normal mode and stays as Titus, and the Dods Rifle is given to the G-Exes instead. Just a suggestion; it would explain the G-Exes' lack of a rifle in this episode, and its model kit rifle being identical to the Dods Rifle. Also, it wouldn't make sense for the Feds not to reproduce the Dods Rifle for its Genoaces if that workshop reproduced one for the G-Exes. After all, it's the only current weapon that is effective against the UE. (Aside from beam sabers and the Titus, which no Fed unit has.)
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 07:45   Link #154
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
A possibility is that the AGE-1 never reverts back to its Normal mode and stays as Titus, and the Dods Rifle is given to the G-Exes instead. Just a suggestion; it would explain the G-Exes' lack of a rifle in this episode, and its model kit rifle being identical to the Dods Rifle. Also, it wouldn't make sense for the Feds not to reproduce the Dods Rifle for its Genoaces if that workshop reproduced one for the G-Exes. After all, it's the only current weapon that is effective against the UE. (Aside from beam sabers and the Titus, which no Fed unit has.)
I just looked at the rifle on the G-Exes model-kit. It certainly resembles it, but seems longer than the AGE-1's Dots Rifle. Could the G-Exes gets a new one or the Dots Rifle gets modified.

I actually doubt it, though. The "Transformation" of the Gundam does not look it can't be reversed or anything. I think, we haven't seen the last of the AGE-1 Normal
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 07:54   Link #155
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

While the G-Exes' weapon does resembled the Dods Rifle, it currently doesn't look identical to it, and thus until proven otherwise can't be considered the same weapon. Also, the Titus as a weapon system was developed to counter a specific combat situation: close quarters battle against a heavily-armored opponent immune to long-range beam weapons while reducing collateral damage, and most of the AGE-1's battles in space so far has relied on it using long-range beam rifle attacks. Considering that the Titus doesn't seem to have ranged weapons designed for it, it's far more likely to be a interchangeable weapons package like the Strike's Striker and Impulse's Silhouette packs, use only when the situation demands its use.

I can imagine them suddenly having the AGE Builder develop a ranged delivery system to allow the Gundam AGE to swap arm and leg parts on the field instead of having to return to the Diva, like how the Strike later got the Skygrasper and the Impulse has its Silhouette Flyer.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 08:39   Link #156
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
While the G-Exes' weapon does resembled the Dods Rifle, it currently doesn't look identical to it, and thus until proven otherwise can't be considered the same weapon. Also, the Titus as a weapon system was developed to counter a specific combat situation: close quarters battle against a heavily-armored opponent immune to long-range beam weapons while reducing collateral damage, and most of the AGE-1's battles in space so far has relied on it using long-range beam rifle attacks. Considering that the Titus doesn't seem to have ranged weapons designed for it, it's far more likely to be a interchangeable weapons package like the Strike's Striker and Impulse's Silhouette packs, use only when the situation demands its use.

I can imagine them suddenly having the AGE Builder develop a ranged delivery system to allow the Gundam AGE to swap arm and leg parts on the field instead of having to return to the Diva, like how the Strike later got the Skygrasper and the Impulse has its Silhouette Flyer.
part-switching similar to the Impulse? wouldn't be too bad, if they do it right and use it in space only
Old 2011-11-29, 11:46   Link #157
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
part-switching similar to the Impulse? wouldn't be too bad, if they do it right and use it in space only
Why space only?
Old 2011-11-29, 12:39   Link #158
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Some nicely detailed lineart.

http://www.gunjap.net/site/wp-conten...11/11/1405.jpg

http://www.gunjap.net/site/wp-conten...11/11/2262.jpg
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 04:38   Link #159
PzIVf3

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
I've noticed that the G-EXES was not carrying any DODS-like rifle during its introduction in episode 8. Perhaps the Age-Builder will build Woolf one?
I hope the age-system recognizable to any m.s if it doesn't the builder is incompatible to build mass-produced. Then the Builder is useless after roll out the Sparrow.

Last edited by PzIVf3; 2011-12-01 at 04:50.
Old 2011-12-01, 11:58   Link #160
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The AGE System encompasses the Gundam AGE and the AGE Builder. I really, really doubt that the AGE Builder will be able to make things for other mobile suits; it was built to receive data from the Gundam AGE and no one else. Any tech based off of the Gundam AGE's armaments will very likely be created the old-fashioned way and not through the AGE Builder.

That said, the AGE Builder will hardly lose its use after the Sparrow is introduced--it still has to create the Gundam AGE-2, Gundam AGE-3, and all their extra forms and armaments.