AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-10-18, 12:03   Link #1381
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
Spoiler:

Anyway my favorite gif for this ep.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 12:22   Link #1382
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I love the way Dekomori says "death", but I couldn't stop thinking of The Producers.

So... Sorry... I had to.

ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 12:59   Link #1383
kimpleng
Lurker

So discussing background eh?
What about they created manually using photo as reference then improved in post-production.
If they using photo as reference, still considered as copy - paste?

Oh boy look at that amount of paint. This looks like a tedious work than using few click filter to turn photo into background art.
kimpleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 13:10   Link #1384
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Lol, Shinka joining was just a great move. Great episode overall, I will watch this for the rest of the season.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 15:12   Link #1385
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
That would be true if the background was dynamic, but they this in static or short panning shots (mostly), so perspective, scale are not an issue. As for the pallet adjustment, it's not that hard. Now considering all the work it saves, and how good it looks, it's a viable and cheap alternative to creating an original background that detailed.
I am also sure that they are using some specialized software to make their work easier than blur->sharpen->ink->color adjust
Except that it isn't the way they do things. You make it sound like they just take a picture, put a layer on it, and retrace it, despite that's absolutely not the case. I really don't get your weird assumption that KyoAni (or any other studio) would use "photoshop" (or any software that makes a rendition of a picture), as the pictures are obviously more akin to reference alone. Heck, even Mangaka like Akamatsu has to recreate 3D models of the RL places he draw: he just didn't go there, took a photo and retrace (to which would hardly happen anyway, even in our days promoting digitalized methods).
Also, photography and ambiant effects definitely cannot use what you got from RL sceneries: you have to deal with a very different approach for the anime format, and matches as well the color pattern, presentation etc (bloom effect and so forth). So no, it isn't a simple "hue tweeking" either.

Even the lowest budget studios wouldn't use that: CGI is one thing, but picture insertion (except done on purpose, like Bakemonogatari) is absolutely a no go, regardless of the series genre, "pedigree" and whatnot.
Quote:
True, but I was not referring to the majority of studios that have hardly a budget for model consistency, but the minority where their background art is both original and inspiring... unfortunately those two attributes are allergic to mass production.
Inspiring is not only quite subjective, but highly dependant to the premise and said series. Expecting sophisticated backgrounds in a high school series is just ridiculous: it would be too distracting and a complete waste, save few series that involve more than just High School.

Anyway, that's all there is to say, as it is more of behind the scene discussion (which is not only KA oriented, so I really don't want to yet again have to cut again with that kind of trend) than anything chu2koi related.

Back to the topic: is there any clear indication in the LN when Yuuta start calling Rikka by her first name? It felt a bit "bizarre" he did so in this episode.
Meanwhile, Lite 4 is available
Spoiler for lite 4:

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-10-18 at 15:55.
Klashikari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 16:21   Link #1386
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimpleng View Post

Never thought they make backgrounds like this and some of us do are just complain not realizing the efforts in making them... darn,,,
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 16:38   Link #1387
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
http://i.imgur.com/5CYz8.gif
Having started watching Ebiten today, I got more Sailor Moon than I expected.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 16:53   Link #1388
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Yuuta should teach Yumeha not to hang around Rikka too much. She could easily be influenced by Rikka's delusions, and I don't think they want a chibi-chuuni among their ranks.

So now, all main girls are in one club. Ten to one Yuuta will now join as well, if it were only to either keep Rikka company, try and flirt with Shinka, or both.
Old 2012-10-18, 17:55   Link #1389
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Yuuta should teach Yumeha not to hang around Rikka too much. She could easily be influenced by Rikka's delusions, and I don't think they want a chibi-chuuni among their ranks.

So now, all main girls are in one club. Ten to one Yuuta will now join as well, if it were only to either keep Rikka company, try and flirt with Shinka, or both.
Yea i agree but i felt a little bad when Rikka got sad because of him not joining... Anime cuties are better with a smile
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 18:01   Link #1390
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
Yea i agree but i felt a little bad when Rikka got sad because of him not joining... Anime cuties are better with a smile
Hmmm... That is... Debatable... >.>
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 20:58   Link #1391
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimpleng View Post
So discussing background eh?
What about they created manually using photo as reference then improved in post-production.
If they using photo as reference, still considered as copy - paste?

Oh boy look at that amount of paint. This looks like a tedious work than using few click filter to turn photo into background art.
This is gonna be off topic so I'll post my reply there.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 22:05   Link #1392
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So they made the far east magic nap club
Old 2012-10-18, 22:11   Link #1393
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
I had a Magic Nap once... It was wonderful..... I'm looking foward to how Yuuta gets into the club, I bet he still tries to resist.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 22:30   Link #1394
Insane
Banned

When Makoto said he was joining the Light Music Club, and said “you don’t need to like music”. The first thing I pictured was tea and cakes … lol
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 22:33   Link #1395
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
... of summer!! Following the name of that famous witch Forest Summer.

Make me wondering if Rikka already knew Shinka identity
Old 2012-10-18, 22:36   Link #1396
Insane
Banned

I think Nibutani being a former chuunibyou would be kinda boring. It dilutes the chuunibyou thing by having so many, whether former or current.
Old 2012-10-18, 22:43   Link #1397
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
I think Nibutani being a former chuunibyou would be kinda boring. It dilutes the chuunibyou thing by having so many, whether former or current.
A show about Chunni-byou... And you expect less Chunni-byou? At least now it will be balanced with two former and two current, and one in the middle.

Actually, I remember an early synopsis (not spoiler) already identifying Nibutani as a former Chunni-byou like Yuuta... Or at least, I think they were referring to her... Scratch that, it wasn't Nibutani, but how in the Hell did the synopsis changed so much ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 22:49   Link #1398
Insane
Banned

By former, you mean Kumin-senpai is a former Chuu-2 as well? I somehow think that Kumin’-senpai's past Chuunibyou status has neither been denied nor confirmed, although she is definitely a quirky enough type of gal to fit in.
Old 2012-10-18, 22:53   Link #1399
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Part of the answer is that Yuuta sees too much of his recent 'former' self in Rikka, and as such cannot possibly be at peace with Rikka's antics as he isn't at peace with himself. His own mental self-berate would be no less than his revulsion towards Rikka. Such as human nature. Yuuta after all is only adolescent...

Rikka does find Yuuta amusing, and Yuuta is ever more so amusing by each passing moment. Although who really knows what she's looking for from Yuuta?
I think it's clear she's pretty attached to him, and is already exhibiting signs of jealousy.

I think you're right that Yuuta's view of Rikka is colored by his embarrassment at his previous self, and he's just a teenager, so we shouldn't be too hard on him, BUT I do wish he'd be nicer to Rikka. I wouldn't call him or a jerk, or even say his character is unlikable, but I do prefer a more mature and empathetic male lead. He plays the straight man well, thinks quickly on his feet (I remember the early scene of him grabbing Rikka's legs), and takes a positive interest in Rikka in a tsundere-ish sort of way (him going to her eating lunch by herself), but I wish he wouldn't so blatantly ignore Rikka's feelings. Some of this is normal male obliviousness, combined with the comic demands of the plot (especially the slapstick), but I think the series would be better if he was more likeable--i.e. something more akin to Kyon.
Aquifina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 23:04   Link #1400
Insane
Banned

^I understand why he does so – he said it himself that he wishes he could hit himself when he
was doing the same back then. So in a way, he’s treating her the same way he believes he should have been treated, IMO.

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen