AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-06-25, 00:21   Link #1
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Several VS opinions

Ok..lately, I have been seeing a lot of VS. threads pertaining from one universe against another universe.

As many people here know, it's not really possible to truly compare the 2 given how they are so different, so I decided to try to come up with a few VS questions myself and would like to hear other opinions about them. Some of them are from same Century, but different time period while others are from different universes all together, but (at least I hope they are) more balanced out so they are easier to compare. Anyways....

1. Simple one

MS-06F Zaku II vs. OZ06-MS Leo

The basic "06's" of both centuries. Both basic, versatile MS that always seem to get outclassed by the big, bad Gundams of the series.(As well as more advanced MS) Of course, while the Leo is basically nothing more than cannon fodder no matter how it is armed or variated, the Zaku II has, at the very least, been well-known.

2. MS-14JG Gelgoog Jager vs. AMS-119 Gear Doga

This one, IMO, is rather tricky to decide. Gear Doga has an advantage of reactor output and lighter weight while Jager has higher G speed. Both constructed with titanium/ceramic composite (Jager on a Semi-monocoque frame while Doga is on movable frame, hence, it's lighter weight) and both use beam machineguns as "primary" hand weaponry. I can't seem to decide between the 2 (though, personally, the Gelgoog Jager has always been my favorite Gelgoog and among one of my top favorite MS overall)

3. AMX-002/AMA-02 Neue Ziel vs. NZ-333 Alpha Azieru

Another tricky one for me...both of them being huge, powerful Mobile Armor (and similar appearances as well.) Of course, the differences being that the Alpha Azieru is faster, an actual psycommu system and (I believe) higher-powered weaponry while the Neue Ziel has an I-Field, more weaponry overall (and a little more versatile with its missile launchers I suppose) and a stronger reactor.

4. RGM-79 GM vs. GAT-01 Strike Dagger

The basic, mass-production MS for the "good guys" (eehh) of the 2 universes. Both pretty simplistic from their prototype "brothers", both versatile and able to be equipped for various missions.

EDIT: Just thought up more

5. XXXG-01H2 Gundam Heavyarms Kai (OVA version) vs. GT-9600-D Gundam Leopard Destroy.

Both heavy-weapons Gundams not really suited too much else besides artillery. Both have A LOT of guns/missiles on them and, well, both are red and white!! lol

6. AMX-004 Qubeley vs. RMSN-008 Bertigo

Both are Newtype units, both use bits/funnels, both have pretty standard weaponry otherwise (beam cannons/sabers) and both of them are, overall, white. Not to mention that both of them were more than formidable opponents for the "main" Gundams of the series they were in as well.

These are just a few I've been thinking up (since I've been trying to be as fair as possible with these matchups. Feel free to express your opinions here and try to keep flaming to an absolute minimum

Last edited by RX-78GP04G Gerbera; 2006-06-25 at 00:34.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 00:54   Link #2
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

Ill make it brief then...

1. Zaku wins. Leo explodes more magically.

2. Jaeger looks better on paper, but you cant beat Doga's newer tech.

3. Alpha Azieru---see #2

4. GM wins---see #1

5. OVA version is the blue one... anyways, the one who blows stuff faster wins. pretty much a draw to me. no clear winner rly

6. Thinking Bertigo takes it, its a much smaller/lighter MS than qubee, but not sure

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND NOW, FOR MY OWN :P

Although these 2 dont need answers, I just find them evenly matched. (well, sort of, its heated fo sho)

Double X vs Wing Zero.

Both pack a wallop. TSC is longer charging than TBR, but more powerful.... Its Luna Titanium alloy is shown to be nearly as strong as Gundanium. Both experienced in their own ways. Garrod has dealt with more variety of weapons than Heero, but Heero has the Zero System thet he may not even need to match Garrod's experience.

Strike Freedom vs Nu Gundam

Good. Lawd. No. Im not even gonna say anything here, on the mahq forums, this topic had 250 posts of arguements that either were discussed before, or just stupid.
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 01:27   Link #3
yamikage

For Gerbera's:
1) MS-06F Zaku II vs. OZ06-MS Leo
Zaku II wins for the fact that Leo is made of cardboard and hydrogen. Okay, I'm kidding. I'm going with the Leo since Zechs was able to make good use of an uncustomized Leo while no pilot has ever used an MS-06F enough to impress me.
2) MS-14JG Gelgoog Jager vs. AMS-119 Gear Doga
Moveable frame wins. It's all about the technology and versatility. I'm a also bit biased against the Jager because its stats are too much for an MP suit (ie Jagers G speed>Nu's. WTF?)
3) AMX-002/AMA-02 Neue Ziel vs. NZ-333 Alpha Azieru
Like SNT1, it's all about the technology. It's quite unfair, since NZ-333 is a Newtype MA.
4) RGM-79 GM vs. GAT-01 Strike Dagger
Strike Dagger because Beam Rifle>Beam Spray Gun.
5) XXXG-01H2 Gundam Heavyarms Kai (OVA version) vs. GT-9600-D Gundam Leopard Destroy
Wow, tough. I'm a bit biased toward H-arms but I'll have to say their near identical so there'll be no clear winner. The one with the better pilot wins.
6) AMX-004 Qubeley vs. RMSN-008 Bertigo
I'll go for the Bertigo since it's better armed than the Qubeley, it seems much more agile, has a flight mode and is smaller.
For SNT1's:
1) Double X vs Wing Zero
Wing Zero wins, if the pilot can handle the ZERO System. The Wing Zero iirc is the most agile suit of AC and I'm pretty sure it will be hard to hit it with the TSC. Plus, the Wing Zero has the option of using low-grade shots instead of wasting ammo on slow high-grade shots.
2) Strike Freedom vs Nu Gundam
Not counting pilot experience, I'm going with Strike Freedom because it's better armed and it can hit multiple targets, so hitting dummies and funnels won't be that hard. But if you factor in Amuro and Kira, you'll be dividing by zero.

Okay, now for mine:
Blitz vs Deathscythe (preferably in space)
I've always wondered how this would work out. They'll probably be waiting for hours until they see each other.
Tallgeese vs Char's Gelgoog
I think it's all fair. The two suits are both on the same level.
The-O vs. Epyon (in melee)
I was tempted by I-Justice but it was so overarmed. Four saber vs. one big saber and a heat rod. Epyon is more agile but The-O has tougher armor.

I'll have another set later.
yamikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 03:21   Link #4
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Neue Ziel II vs Alpha Azieru might be a better much since both are NT-MAs.

#1: After watching MS igloo I am going with the 06F on this one. It is better armed with all the zeonic toys and the Zaku bazooka is actually capable of lauching nukes...

#2: Gear Doga takes this one because of techology.

#3: It might end in a draw since both MAs rely on beam weapons and both are equiped with I-Field. Neue Ziel has the saber from its claws and Alpha Azieru has funnels....

#4: No clue....it will be worth watching though..

Here is one that I came up with...

Crossbone Gundam X3 vs. I-Justice
JackRydden224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 04:44   Link #5
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Zaku II vs Leo: Zaku II. From what they've showed of the Zaku IIs and the Leos in their respective series, the Zaku II has more maneuverability for one thing.

Gelgoog J vs Geara Doga: Geara Doga. No reasons new to mention. Newer suit, meaning better technologies, better specs (generally so, anyway), etc.

Neue Ziel vs Alpha Aziel: Alpha Aziel. Same reasoning as Gelgoog J vs Geara Doga, plus as said, Alpha Aziel is and actual Newtype MA.

GM vs Strike Dagger: Tough one.

Gundam Heavyarms Kai vs Gundam Leopard Destroy: Leopard Destroy. Far better maneuverability and speed.

Qubeley vs Bertigo: Another tough one.

Double X vs Wing Zero: Another toughie. But y'know, the Double X isn't helpless if it can't make the TSC hit....it has a beam rifle, beam swords, and several machine guns. Wing Zero's shots may be stronger, but don't mean anything if they don't hit. Double X has plenty of maneuverability to dodge those shots.

S-F vs Nu: Nu. Psychoframe, I-Field, and better-view cockpit just to round it off.

Blitz vs Deathscythe: Hmm, yet another toughie.

Tallgeese vs Char's Gelgoog: Depends on the environment. Tallgeese can fly, but this doesn't make much difference in a space colony or in space. On earth though, Tallgeese would have the flight advantage.

The-O vs Epyon (melee): A toughie again. I think The-O though, Epyon has only one beam weapon, and the heat rod will have a hard time against the The-O's thick armor. Plus, The-O has hidden beam saber arms.

Crossbone X-3 vs I-J: X-3. I-J tries to use its beam sabers, X-3 uses the its hand I-Fields to grab the beam sabers and push them back into the I-J.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2006-06-25 at 05:05.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 04:44   Link #6
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Stupid lag and double post. >.> Please delete.
Old 2006-06-25, 10:29   Link #7
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

SF beats all suits, hands down. As evidenced by the CE universe, it simply cannot be scratched.

WZ vs. DX: If Heero goes all out in fighting (read: not half-assing like vs. wufei), WZ wins by a landslide. Most agile AC gundam (along with Epyon), and one of the fastest means you're going to have a close-range fight which tests pilots' reactions and whatnot, and that's where ZERO system=WIN.
Old 2006-06-25, 12:51   Link #8
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

With the Blitz vs. Deathscythe, I'd have to go with Deathscythe overall. He could just wait for the Blitz's battery to die XD.

Anyways, some other ones. (continued from top)

7. MRX-011 Mass Production Type Psyco Gundam vs. AMX-014 Doven Wolf

Both wield plenty of powerful weaponry, incoms and quasi-psycommu system technology and movable frame.

8. NZ-000 Quin Mantha vs. NZ-333 Alpha Azieru

Both newtype units. Both huge (though Azieru is bigger). Both use plenty of beam weaponry and funnels. Though Quin Mantha has its Mega Particle Deflection System, 30 funnels (in comparison to Azieru's 9). But the Azieru has much better speed. Both are piloted by kids too XD. I'd have a hard time deciding.
Old 2006-06-25, 13:29   Link #9
NeonZ

Quote:
MS-06F Zaku II vs. OZ06-MS Leo
With standard equipment, the Zaku II wins. However, if the Leo gets a flying pack and beam weapons, it would win.

Quote:
4. RGM-79 GM vs. GAT-01 Strike Dagger
The GM couldn't use real Beam Rifles, unlike the Dagger. The Dagger also has a range advantage. Dagger wins.

Quote:
5. XXXG-01H2 Gundam Heavyarms Kai (OVA version) vs. GT-9600-D Gundam Leopard Destroy.
The Leopard Destroy can (and has) ran while attacking. It also has close range weapons. Leopard wins.

Quote:
6. AMX-004 Qubeley vs. RMSN-008 Bertigo
The Bertigo outclasses the Qubeley in almost every way. It has greater speed, armor and weapons (Bits- no recharge vs Funnels- need recharge).

Quote:
Double X vs Wing Zero.
If the Wing Zero can hit a fully charged shot of the TBR, and that is unlikely, it wins, otherwise, the DX takes it. The DX has taken direct hits of beam sabers without any real damage, and its basic frame was still around, though damaged, after an explosion created by two Satellite Cannons. The Wing Zero won't go through the armor with its beam saber and vulcans quickly. The DX wins.

Quote:
Strike Freedom vs Nu Gundam
Strike Freedom is a better all around mobile suit, the Nu Gundam only has one real advantage, the Beam Shield created by the Fin Funnels. It does have better control, with the 360 screen and psychoframe, but that isn't enough to make up for SF's Beam Shields and weapons.

Considering pilots, Amuro's NT powers, Funnel Beam Shield and the Psychoframe could pull a victory, but it'd be in spite of the MS, not because of it.

Quote:
Hm... Long range combat wouldn't happen because of the cloacking of both MS. The Deathscythe also seems to have Better armor against beam weapons, however, the Blitz has a more practical close range weapon than a scythe... If it's using the cloaking, even Deathscythe's vulcans could damage it.

Considering the pilots, I'll give the victory to the Deathscythe because Nicol never used the cloacking correctly when there was no one actually ordering him around (just look at his own death)...

Quote:
I think it's all fair. The two suits are both on the same level.
You must be kidding... On Earth, the Talgeese takes it, easily. Flying ability + better weapons + armor that can take hits from beam weapons = victory.

If it's space, the Talgeese will lack a proper long range weapon comparable to a beam rifle, but still will outperform the Gelgoog in every other category. Char isn't that great. He will lose.

Quote:
Wouldn't the Epyon's whip be too light to do any significant damage?

It'll end up a close range match, and considering Zech's battles in this thing, The-O probably will win. Let's not forget that it has thrusters spread all around its structure, it definitely has more agility than the Epyon, considering 3d movement.
NeonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 13:50   Link #10
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

Quote:
lack of melee weapons means blitz=lose, not to mention a crapilot.

Quote:
Geese wins, just too fast for Goog, and at this point, the pilots are rather even

Quote:
Epyon is too light and small for theO, but theO has vernier placement and a NT in its side. Tough one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my turn!

Sazabi vs Akatsuki

remote weapons battle! Akatsuki has the beam turret barrier though, an advantage, and nulls most of Saz's weaponry, but Char has 14 years in his belt at this point. Mwu in akatsuki isn't a slouch either, as he has 'some' NT skill. Leaning on Ak to win, though I wont be surprised for people to post valid reasons on Char's behalf.

Serpent vs Dom

Doms got the speed, Serpents got the weaponry. Its like a mini-heavyarms and a beam cannon to top it off.

Orchis vs Meteor(SF)

I counted Orchis' missile pods, and it has 16, and its missile totalcome around to 1700 plus, and it has an I-field and bazookas. It has 6 huge engines to help it do some hit and runs very well. God save Meteor.

im liking this :P
Old 2006-06-25, 14:01   Link #11
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Gah! People are pirating my thread!! << >> lol =P

Anyways...

For Sazabi vs. Akatsuki, in terms of overall equipment, the Akatsuki wins. With its beam reflecting armor, the Sazabi would have a hard time actually damaging it. The Sazabi's big advantage being its Psycoframe and Char being a much more experienced MS pilot (while Mwu was pretty much "magically" made awesome within a few episodes, lol).

Orchis vs. METEOR...The METEOR also has much more weaponry if you were to put the Freedom/Strike Freedom in it (in addition to its tons of missile launchers which could get by the I-Field and the beam sabers of the METEOR are much more flexible.

Of course, the mega beam cannon of the Orchis would deal a pretty critical blow to the METEOR if it were to hit (hell, even if it were to be CLOSE, it'd pretty much melt away the armor and such). As pro-UC that I am, I would have to give this match to the METEOR though (overall).

Serpent vs. Dom...tricky one here...I would have to go with the Dom though. The Dom still has pretty powerful weaponry and is still heavily armored, but its speed is what gives it a pretty solid edge over the Serpent. Hover around while moving in and then cut it with its heat saber (while the Serpent would be helpless since it doesn't have any melee weaponry). And the Dom could blind the pilot with its scattering beam gun as well =)
Old 2006-06-25, 14:09   Link #12
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

sorry for starting the threadjack >.<... I think its a good thread though, honestly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amuro vs Kira... fistfight bwahahahah
Old 2006-06-25, 14:30   Link #13
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Amuro would win. He doesn't really have any quarrels with punching people when necessary XD.

Anyways, more matchups

9. OMSM-07RF RF Z'Gok vs. UMF-4A GOOhN or UMF-5 ZnO

10. MSN-02 Zeong/Perfect Zeong vs. MAN-002 Febral

11. LM314V21 Victory 2 Gundam vs. ZMT-S37S Zanspine (I would LOVE to see these 2 fight it out)

12. XMA-01 Raffelsia vs. MAN-003 Patulia

13. AMX-014 Doven Wolf vs. AMX-015 Geymark

14. AMX-117L Gazu-L vs. AMX-117R Gazu-R (lol)

15. RX-78GP02A Gundam Physalis vs. AMX-017 Gigantic

Enjoy! =) Yeah, I just wanted to try to come up with more comparable VS matches between MS.
Old 2006-06-25, 14:35   Link #14
monster

To the post above: neither does Kira. Although he's managed so far to overpower his opponents without having to pull a single punch.

Anyways, I've always wondered about these:
OZ-06MS Leo vs DT-6800A Daughtress
OZ-08MMS Cancer vs DTM-7000 Daughseat
MS-06J Zaku II vs TMF/A-802 BuCUE
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 14:41   Link #15
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
To the post above: neither does Kira. Although he's managed so far to overpower his opponents without having to pull a single punch.

Anyways, I've always wondered about these:
OZ-08MMS Cancer vs DTM-7000 Daughseat
1.) Daughtress would win...Leos just blow up, lol

2.) Daughseat would win...like Leos, Cancers tend to just blow up, lol.

3.) BuCUE, no question. Speed, beam sabers, plenty of missiles
Old 2006-06-25, 14:49   Link #16
monster

Really? What if we switch the Zaku with a standard Dom (not the variants)?
Old 2006-06-25, 14:55   Link #17
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

On the whole Strike Freedom VS Nu Gundam thingy;

On Earth, Strike Freedom hands down.

In Space, more even.

Now Hi-Nu on the other hand...
Old 2006-06-25, 14:59   Link #18
NeonZ

Quote:
Sazabi vs Akatsuki
Akatsuki wins, assuming it's mirror coating works against UC Beam weapons. If it doesn't, Mwu probably won't even have enough time to notice the problem before getting killed by one beam...

Quote:
Serpent vs Dom
If the pilots are named Aces, the guys who can actually move around, dodge and shoot at the same time= Dom. The Serpent probably won't be able to dodge the Dom's attacks, even with a good pilot.

If the pilots are grunts- Serpent. No one will have great dodging anyway. The Serpent has advantage just because of the number of weapons, though the Dom has Beam weapons...

If it's a long range match, the Dom wins in either situation. At that range, even decent pilots should be able to take advantage of its mobility, and the Serpent's pilot won't be able to aim properly while running around to dodge the Dom's attacks.

Quote:
10. MSN-02 Zeong/Perfect Zeong vs. MAN-002 Febral
The Febral has Bits.

Quote:
Standard equipment and pilots, Daughtress win. They usually carry around shields, and their pilots also have some notion of tatics, even if they are rather limited.

Best equipment and good pilots, it could go either way. The durability of the Daughtress' shields was never really shown. If those things can block beam weapons, the Daughtress are better. However, if they can't, both are about the same thing (unless you're including Daughtress weapon and other minor variations, in that case, Daughtress wins).

Quote:
The Zaku wins in space combat... Otherwise, the BuCUE takes it. The BuCUE just has more agility, speed and better weapons. It also isn't as tall as the Zaku...

It might have extra problems moving in terrains like a closed forest, but those wouldn't be good for the Zaku either.

Quote:
On Earth, Strike Freedom hands down.

In Space, more even.
Hm... not really. Considering that the Qubeley MkII showed that UC funnels work on Earth, unlike CE's Dragoons, it'd be a fair match in both situations, though the Strike Freedom is still better, either way.
NeonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 15:07   Link #19
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonZ
Hm... not really. Considering that the Qubeley MkII showed that UC funnels work on Earth, unlike CE's Dragoons, it'd be a fair match in both situations, though the Strike Freedom is still better, either way.
I'm talking more about air superiority here.

Last I heard, Nu/Hi-Nu can't fly in the atmosphere :P
Old 2006-06-25, 15:08   Link #20
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonZ
The Zaku wins in space combat...
Wouldn't they both be "drowning" in space?