sola 23 14.20%
Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann 50 30.86%
Touka Gettan 6 3.70%
Toward the Terra 12 7.41%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-14, 01:17   Link #21
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

I had to vote for Ef - A Tale of Memories because it had some of Tenmon's greatest works I've seen thus far. I had decided on a second vote, and it was between Sola and 5 Centimeters per Second; though I have loved the soundtrack enough to learn a song by ear, Sola took it for nostalgia and for Kasuka na Hikari, and the fact that I had already voted for one of Tenmon's works probably gave it some bias. It was a difficult choise, as 5 Centimeters per Second's teaser trailer piano is one of my personal favourites (it was one of the songs I learned by ear due to the fact that all available sheets were mediocre at best.), and I can still hardly walk past a piano without playing it.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 15:12   Link #22
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin

Kalafina's OST for Kara no Kyoukai captures my heart - it should be up there. Then again, it'd probably qualify as an '08.
Old 2008-02-16, 12:05   Link #23
patnam

i go for ef - A Tale of Memories...
even its game's soundtrack is also nice...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 13:19   Link #24
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Voted for Ef - A Tale of Memories, without hesitation.
Old 2008-02-25, 22:43   Link #25
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Im surprised that EF is only tied for 1st place and not winning by a wide margin.

Just goes to show that people's taste in music differs a lot.
w00tness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 00:01   Link #26
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
EF deserves it, hands down. It's the first soundtrack that I'm actually buying, it was that good.
LOL. Well said.

Actually, I thought (to people's surprise assumably) that Gurren Lagann would gap win it. I love Tenmon's works, and I do appreciate Byousoku and Ef very much for their music (Waiting to purchase Byousoku when it comes out in Region 1). However, Lagann, which is another series I'm waiting to purchase, had the "Best Sound" soundtrack, and it lived up to its name IMO. It's really hard to determine between the two though, I mean Ef doesn't have exciting heavy songs in the show (OP/ED seem to have more *sound* than the soft melodic toss-ins during the series), whereas Gurren Lagann had it all (that's also IMO). Thus...

I voted Byousoku a long time ago when I saw the thread, but that's because it was one of the first ones I saw, and I didn't even realize how good Ef and Gurren's OSTs were. Of course, Byousoku is a pretty darn good OST itself...

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 00:10   Link #27
Meatrose
Antihero

Heroic Age had the, by far, best soundtrack of 2007 in my opinion, but since it's not on the list I decided to vote for TTGL.

I also expected Seirei no Moribito to be doing really well, but the amount of votes for ef really surprised me to be honest.
Old 2008-02-27, 18:47   Link #28
Moonbase

Seirei no Moribito was the most refreshing series I saw in 2007. It restored some of my faith in the belief that anime doesn't need moe girls and fan service to succeed. Musically, it was well-done and added a lot to many scenes. I like TTGL's soundtrack for different reasons so I only voted for Seirei no Moribito.
Moonbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 07:38   Link #29
ShikaShika
無罪

After having had a listen to the most popular scores I have to say Seirei no Moribito hands down. I haven't actually seen any of the anime, so I've no bias in that sense.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 09:04   Link #30
Ottocycle

And that makes it a triple tie between Iwasaki, Kawai and Tenmon!

That's a new way of looking at it though, not intending to hear how the score actually complements the series? Personally I can't enjoy the scores without doing so, but that could count as an unbiased view.

Anyone who's actually watched all of the above series?
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 11:00   Link #31
Dop
Mmmm....

Aargh! I voted without realising i could vote for more than one.
Had I realised that, I'd also have voted for ef, Touka Gettan (the music was one of the reasons I kept watching - yes, I do own a copy of the soundtrack), and 5 Centimeters per second

As it was, I voted for Gurren Lagann because the soundtrack matched the joyous over-the-top-ness of the series and because 'Libera Me' From Hell is something that shouldn't work but does - excellently.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 13:03   Link #32
Mitsu Aoi
Undine in the box T_T

Send a message via Yahoo to Mitsu Aoi
Sola and ef~ both OST and Soundtrack stuck in my head

Canned Tomato Soup and Avocado Flavored Noodles are her favorites.
Mitsu Aoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 16:07   Link #33
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Ive watched TTGL, Seirei no Moribito, ef ~ a tale of memories and byousoku 5cm.

I guess that my views are biased by the series. I say best anime score in the context of the anime, including the timing (when does the music come in, when it fades out), the mood the music sets etc. OSTs I enjoy the most always gets me thinking of the original anime, and I find I do not enjoy any OSTs of anime I have never watched, because I cannot relate the feelings and moods the music tries to set.
w00tness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 19:13   Link #34
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
It was 5 Centimeters per Second and Seirei no Moribito for me.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 23:16   Link #35
luckyfoshizzle

I'm gonna have to go with ef. Awesome all the way around.
luckyfoshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 16:26   Link #36
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Your poll choices are a bit limited, any result will hardly be conclusive about the "best" score.
Blizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 19:26   Link #37
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Well we had a round of initial nominations, a second round to choose among ties, and now this round with finalists. With perhaps 300 or so shows to choose from, narrowing down the choices is not an easy task. In any open method like this one, popularity will obviously play an important role.

We'll be working on some new methods for AS awards in 2008; maybe you can make a few suggestions then to improve the process.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 21:32   Link #38
Z3120

Seirei no Moribito.

I would have picked Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, but Iwasaki Taku's obsession with rap in some of his recent works have rubbed me the wrong way especially in Kekkaishi. The rap isn't bad as I did enjoy practically whatever was thrown in TTGL until "'Libera me' from hell" played, and then I was really disappointed where the composition went in favor of vocals I wasn't particularly falling for.

ef ~ a Tale of Memories wasn't something I was totally impressed with from Tenmon either. Love his work from Byousoku 5 Centimeter, but I'm wasn't overwhelmingly impressed except for a few tracks.

Preference in the end I suppose.
Z3120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 21:02   Link #39
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

5 Centimeters per Second preview
Ef - A Tale of Memories preview

For 5 Centimeters per Second and ef - A Tale of Memories, Tenmon already showed that the OSTs would be great before they were released. Seirei no Moribito and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann's previews didn't impress me as much music-wise, but I believe they all had great soundtracks (believe, seeing as I haven't watched all of Seirei yet.)

I also thought Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann's OST was good, but it was its placement in the series that made it so great, though the music itself was good as well. Ef had both the musical quality and placement that made its OST so great.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 21:43   Link #40
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I voted for 5 Centimeters per Second and Seirei no Moribito, but thinking back, I should've really voted for Manabi Straight! also. The Engrish from ef - a tale of memories scarred me and effectively lowered by rating of all other music of any kind from that series, so that's my rationale. Apparently I need to watch TTGL because it has excellent music from what I see.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote