AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-01-02, 16:53   Link #1701
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Sumire seems to be not all that clear on the details...Azusa and Jun are "super" curious about it all. Ui seems indifferent due to her "sisterly love" fixation. I guess she's going through withdrawls with Yui gone for the last three months. Sawako seems to have known...at least in part the entire time. Nao is monitoring....

Mugi might know about her family's relationship with Sumire's family more than Sumire does, but it might be from before her time as well. Or she might not actually care, considering how she acts most of the time seems to indicate she'd rather be "normal"...but has proven to be very knowledgable about historical things (such as when they went to Kyoto).

I wonder what Yui's group are going to do in the soon coming College chapter? Cause now they have a bar to match in storytelling.
Old 2012-01-02, 18:02   Link #1702
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

I'm thinking the next college chapter will be centred on the Gang of Girls again. It's all introductions at this point. I'm thinking it will be a Ayame / RItsu centred chapter.

also: (speculating) Mugi's mother could be German / Austrian / western european.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 18:06   Link #1703
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
also: (speculating) Mugi's mother could be German / Austrian / western european.
We've been thinking that she's actually Finnish for the longest time, as it would explain all the trips to Finland that's been mentioned in the manga (and anime) so far.
Old 2012-01-02, 18:18   Link #1704
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Austria kind of blindsided us. All we've heard about is Finland from Mugi's travels, so we assumed there was some reason to go there as often as she does.
Old 2012-01-02, 20:22   Link #1705
Procrastinator_CA
Laborus Tardis

Hmm, I just noticed that Mugi's governess looks an awful like Megumi. Perhaps there's a connection there, and Mrs. Sokabe convinced Mugi to join her daughter in Sakura High...and eventually to N. Women's University.

And I have the feeling that SuMIIre isn't the only one supplying Mugi with manga.
Procrastinator_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 04:13   Link #1706
all_flying

I bet Tainaka household only have three family members: Ritsu, Satoshi, and their single parent father. And Mio is the only child, with both of her parents still alive.

And it seems Azusa is also the only child too.
all_flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 04:46   Link #1707
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_flying View Post
I bet Tainaka household only have three family members: Ritsu, Satoshi, and their single parent father. And Mio is the only child, with both of her parents still alive.

And it seems Azusa is also the only child too.
(From the season 1 omake character cards)
Ritsu: Family of four. Both parents, Satoshi and herself.
Mio: Correct, family of three.
Azusa: Again, family of three.
Old 2012-01-03, 07:54   Link #1708
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Man, Sumire is like the next level of Mio-moe-moe-kyun-ness. I hereby declare myself fanclub member number 0000001.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 08:19   Link #1709
all_flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
(From the season 1 omake character cards)
Ritsu: Family of four. Both parents, Satoshi and herself.
Mio: Correct, family of three.
Azusa: Again, family of three.
OMG, I forgot about that.
all_flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 09:23   Link #1710
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Man, Sumire is like the next level of Mio-moe-moe-kyun-ness. I hereby declare myself fanclub member number 0000001.
I believe I was the Fan Zero, the fan before there was a fan club.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 09:51   Link #1711
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Austria kind of blindsided us. All we've heard about is Finland from Mugi's travels, so we assumed there was some reason to go there as often as she does.
I'm also curious as to why Kakifly pick Austria as Sumire's family origin. Compare to most EU countries, Austria seems pretty well off in terms of living standard and IT infrastructure despite being a small country if I'm not mistaken. I've never been there before, so I don't know for sure.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 09:56   Link #1712
Sumeragi
Banned

Here's my thought: The Saito family came to Japan in the 1920's, at the height of Japan's wealth before the bubble economy of the 1980's. There were plenty of high-class butlers/servants without work after the fall of Austria-Hungary, so it could be that the Kotobuki took the family to Japan with them.

I'm thinking the Barque elegance of Vienna was one reason Kakifly chose Austria.
Old 2012-01-03, 11:09   Link #1713
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I believe I was the Fan Zero, the fan before there was a fan club.

Yeah, but you don't have this: *holds up imaginary embossed plastic membership card*
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 14:04   Link #1714
kaitok
Inspired Musician

Quote:
I'm thinking the next college chapter will be centred on the Gang of Girls again. It's all introductions at this point. I'm thinking it will be a Ayame / RItsu centred chapter.
i'm getting worried about the whole Ayame/Ritsu part. Ayame's just like a Ritsu clone with curls and bangs down only. though she highly lacked on Ritsu's leadership. But gahhh pairing them up is... is.... NOOO!!! MIO COME BACK!!

The previous Gang of Girls chap was on Akira, so I'm guessing it's Ayame's turn since she's more outspoken than Sachi... Unless there's a hidden reason for her height too. another mixblood?!
Old 2012-01-03, 17:58   Link #1715
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitok View Post
i'm getting worried about the whole Ayame/Ritsu part. Ayame's just like a Ritsu clone with curls and bangs down only. though she highly lacked on Ritsu's leadership. But gahhh pairing them up is... is.... NOOO!!! MIO COME BACK!!

The previous Gang of Girls chap was on Akira, so I'm guessing it's Ayame's turn since she's more outspoken than Sachi... Unless there's a hidden reason for her height too. another mixblood?!
Lmao

I understand what you mean, no matter how similar they are, Mitsu needs to be prioritized. I can easily imagine Ritsu end up following Mio to work at the same place in the future despite later's initial protest.

As for next chapter, worry not, if my hunch is correct, Ayame/Ritsu already had their focus along with Sachi/Mio in the "fashion talk" chapter that's why author shift the focus to the two senpais in the latest college chapter. I'm speculating that next chapter will either focus on everyone and their summer activities similar to Azusa's gang Kyoto Trip or coming from the left field is Stalker-chan's centric chapter since two senpais just had their own chapter, so there is a good chance the author will go for her this time around. We shall see about that.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 21:44   Link #1716
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Back to Sumire and Mugi. It's a requirement of citizenship in Japan to have Japanese names. That's most likely the reason for their names.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 02:55   Link #1717
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Back to Sumire and Mugi. It's a requirement of citizenship in Japan to have Japanese names. That's most likely the reason for their names.
Depends. I'm not sure that was the rule back in the 1920's which is probably the time the Saito family came over to Japan.

And I'm pretty sure the mods already did something about those timeline links before..... Why people don't read.
Old 2012-01-05, 14:37   Link #1718
trenton_dawn
Silt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
And I'm pretty sure the mods already did something about those timeline links before..... Why people don't read.
Both posts were by CaptnAwesomee, maybe he just didn't notice the old one had been deleted or something.
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 18:38   Link #1719
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton_dawn View Post
Both posts were by CaptnAwesomee, maybe he just didn't notice the old one had been deleted or something.
I'm really sorry! yeah I totally forgot the first time I posted, it was really late at night so I had completely forgotten about it, and it didn't show up in posts made by. The timeline is okay with the rules, but I noticed that the site I linked it was a translator/scanlator site! ops goofed up! If some people still want too see it i can make it into a PNG picture and just post it that way.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 22:49   Link #1720
wtfisthisgame

So when is the next chapter coming out? o_o
wtfisthisgame is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life