AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-23, 10:37   Link #201
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldruined View Post
I imagine he gets typecasted a lot.
Then again, so does Mikuru's seiyuu. In fact, most of SHnY's seiyuus are typecast, I think.

I'm pretty excited about the movie coming out in less than 2 weeks time. Also, it seems the promotion of the movie is in full force, as can be seen at Minori's blog here. I used Google Translate and I have no idea what a 'platform generation tree' is. Anyone know what the picture on the board's about?
Old 2010-01-23, 12:09   Link #202
FlashFumo
Wait, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
She looked way too happy when she stabbed Kyon. At least try to look evil.
But that's the whole point of her character. She's an Ax Crazy Stepford Smiler, human or not.
Old 2010-01-23, 14:09   Link #203
ShadowAkumu
Graphic Lovers

so i read every post now and couldn't find this video so i will post it here

there are a lot of pictures from the movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r5HMEoFjJ4

I'm sorry for my bad english @.@
Old 2010-01-23, 15:10   Link #204
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldruined View Post
I imagine he gets typecasted a lot.
Surprisingly, Ono isn't. He can go from voicing hotblooded main heroes to insane badasses to Koizumi.

None of the Haruhi voice actors are really typecasted. I've seen all of them do a large variety of roles.

But yeah, Disappearance is going to have a depressing lack of Koizumi.
Old 2010-01-23, 15:52   Link #205
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Surprisingly, Ono isn't. He can go from voicing hotblooded main heroes to insane badasses to Koizumi.
Then I just happen to have picked those series in which Ono's characters are in perpetually smiling mode.

Koizumi (obviously), himself in Lucky Star, "Colonel Sanders" in Negima Ala Alba OVAs, Verossa in Nanoha StrikerS and Hagiyoshi in Saki.
Old 2010-01-23, 15:56   Link #206
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
Then I just happen to have picked those series in which Ono's characters are in perpetually smiling mode.

Koizumi (obviously), himself in Lucky Star, "Colonel Sanders" in Negima Ala Alba OVAs, Verossa in Nanoha StrikerS and Hagiyoshi in Saki.
Look for Umineko. He is badass there. Amazingly, there is an 'aways smiling' 'umbigously gay' character in Umineko as well. He is voiced Sugita. This make the series more funny for Haruhi's fans.

Actually, you shouldn't watch it. Do you like VN, the original Sound Novel is awesome, even if the anime is below avarage.
Old 2010-01-23, 16:39   Link #207
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Look for Umineko. He is badass there. Amazingly, there is an 'aways smiling' 'umbigously gay' character in Umineko as well. He is voiced Sugita. This make the series more funny for Haruhi's fans.
Would have been even more funny if they had acknowledged the unspoken "Your face is too close" Ono's character was obviously thinking when the two characters first met...
Old 2010-01-23, 16:50   Link #208
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Actually, you shouldn't watch it. Do you like VN, the original Sound Novel is awesome, even if the anime is below avarage.
I don't hate VNs, but I don't play them a lot. I haven't touched Kanon for months now and I have yet to finish a single route.
Old 2010-01-23, 18:59   Link #209
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
I'm not sure, is that why they got Ono to voice him, or is he why most of Ono's characters are perpetually smiling?
Because his voice is hot and sounds smiley.

Quote:
Umineko anime was awesome, I'm tired of people comparing it to the VN.

On topic, when are we gonna get subs, do you think?
Old 2010-01-23, 19:06   Link #210
Heatth

Quote:
Sorry, but it was poorly done. Even without comparing to the VN. There are things that are, indeed, very good. Voice acting, for exemple. And the music. It is somewhat pale comparing to the VN, but it is very good by it own. The general art and script, however, is just poor. Not realy bad, but it is not good either. Which is a shame considering the VN. That is why the DVD don't sell (I even heard they are probably not making a sequel because of that)

Quote:
Yeah, topic is important. The subs are just going to be out after the DVD release, which will take months. At most you will get poor done subs for poor done videos made by people filming inside the theater.
Old 2010-01-23, 19:08   Link #211
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Because his voice is hot and sounds smiley.

It really depends on when we get a raw of the movie. I have my doubts about a camcorder copy, but stranger things have happened. I imagine a release will happen about the month of August for the DVD/Blu-ray for a 6 month release. As soon as something's posted, we'll know. I'd imagine it would take about 5 days to a week for speedy subs and about 2-2.5 weeks for quality subtitles like afk. It's highly expected, so I'd imagine sub groups would be working quickly to get a release out.

In an convenient twist, the official Haruhi website seems to be down. I don't think it's supposed to be since I accessed it both yesterday and today, but it's rather humorous
Old 2010-01-23, 19:43   Link #212
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
In an convenient twist, the official Haruhi website seems to be down. I don't think it's supposed to be since I accessed it both yesterday and today, but it's rather humorous
Your 'today' is not the same as japanese 'today', you know. The japanese 'today' started 10 hours ago.

PP:
Btw, concratulations for the 100th post.
Old 2010-01-23, 19:47   Link #213
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Your 'today' is not the same as japanese 'today', you know. The japanese 'today' started 10 hours ago.
I was insinuating that it would be applicable for both time zones (my own and the Japanese time zone). Since I was not able to access the internet at all on Friday in Japan and the United States, I could not vouch for that time period. For my time zone, Japan is 14 hours ahead with no daylight savings time activated and I accessed it both times on the "next" day from which I was currently in.

Edit: Wow, I'm surprised that I've got 100 posts. I can feel my life slipping away into Haruhism as time flows. I not saying this in a harsh manner. I was just letting you know that I am aware of the time differences.

vvv It's very probable that the website is just down, I find it quite convenient that it's vanished two weeks before the movie comes out as well as ironic since they like to "vanish" it every December 18th.

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-01-23 at 20:01.
Old 2010-01-23, 19:58   Link #214
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

I don't think this date in an important date for Haruhistory, but...
Maybe It's just down in general?
Old 2010-01-23, 21:23   Link #215
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

The website is funny like that. The folks over there think they're really clever and all
Old 2010-01-24, 11:54   Link #216
s07195
However,

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
Then again, so does Mikuru's seiyuu. In fact, most of SHnY's seiyuus are typecast, I think.
Also, it seems the promotion of the movie is in full force, as can be seen at Minori's blog here. I used Google Translate and I have no idea what a 'platform generation tree' is. Anyone know what the picture on the board's about?
Taking a look at the original Japanese text, Imma pretty sure that 'platform generation tree' is a railway station. Plus the fact that JR stations have a LOT of advertising, like ads on the sides (literally) of escalators, on trains, everywhere.
The pic's probably an ad.

EDIT: Damn, that movie spoiler, I mean trailer, just got me even more hyped for the movie. Hope they get it in HK soon. Unfortunately I'll have to watch it with Chinese subs, but whatever.
Old 2010-01-26, 17:56   Link #217
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Just remembered something... I wonder how many anime-only watchers will remember the Disappearance parody from Nagato's dating sim in Haruhi-chan.

禁則事項です
Old 2010-01-26, 18:01   Link #218
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
Just remembered something... I wonder how many anime-only watchers will remember the Disappearance parody from Nagato's dating sim in Haruhi-chan.
Shoushitsu!
Old 2010-01-27, 21:05   Link #219
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
I remember that....The song was and still is very catchy.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
Old 2010-01-28, 00:03   Link #220
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

I don't remember that at all...
Closed Thread