Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-26, 18:31   Link #1
DDRMETROID17
Anime Lover

Send a message via AIM to DDRMETROID17
Question I don't know what anime to download, give me suggestions please!

I have a few episodes of Full Metal Alchemist and a couple episodes of Viewtiful Joe, but I don't know what to get. I love anime and need some good suggestions. Please give me the name of the anime you are suggesting and a brief summary. Thanx!
Old 2004-11-26, 18:49   Link #2
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
Wink

Oh god-where to begin? Tsukuyomi Moon Phase, a cute little show about a girl vampire, Denshin Mamotte Shugogetten, this is kinda like Oh My Goddess, True Love Story, basically shojo, First Kiss Story, again shojo. anything Dirty Pair-either flash or original. That should be enough to get you started, good luck!!
Old 2004-11-26, 19:14   Link #3
DDRMETROID17
Anime Lover

Thanks.

First of all, what is shojo and where can i find the anime you recommended?
Old 2004-11-26, 19:28   Link #4
Sokar

Suggestions forum my man, should be right above this one on the list.
Old 2004-11-27, 01:09   Link #5
Mr. Shabaz
Lazy Member

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shabaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDRMETROID17
I have a few episodes of Full Metal Alchemist and a couple episodes of Viewtiful Joe, but I don't know what to get. I love anime and need some good suggestions. Please give me the name of the anime you are suggesting and a brief summary. Thanx!
Just out of curiousity, what type of show are you looking for? Action, comedy, romance, ect? It's kind of hard to pin point something you'd like based off of what you said so far. The only thing I can recommend of the top of my head is that if you like FMA and Viewtiful Joe, give Bleach a try.
Old 2004-11-27, 21:16   Link #6
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Lightbulb

Shojo means for girls (or women), shonen means for boys (or men who are boys at heart). As for genres, les see-comedy (Dragon Half), shojo (Hana Yori Dago, Magic Knight Rayearth), Sci fi (Crest of the Stars), romantic comedy (Love Hina, Tenchi Muyo), fighting (Dragon Ball-which I hate), and 2 of my alltime favorites-Maison Ikkoku & Orange Road Kimagure. As for where-do a google search.
Old 2004-11-28, 16:45   Link #7
DDRMETROID17
Anime Lover

My taste is varied.

My taste is varied. I like Bleach and have watched it up to Ep. 8. I like stuff like that. Samurais, not really Naruto cuz thats kinda boring and really long. I like Supernatural, Sci-Fi, hentai, and action or comedy.
Old 2004-11-28, 17:34   Link #8
EV|RockLee
Rock Lee PWNz

Send a message via AIM to EV|RockLee Send a message via MSN to EV|RockLee
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrdb
Shojo means for girls (or women), shonen means for boys (or men who are boys at heart). As for genres, les see-comedy (Dragon Half), shojo (Hana Yori Dago, Magic Knight Rayearth), Sci fi (Crest of the Stars), romantic comedy (Love Hina, Tenchi Muyo), fighting (Dragon Ball-which I hate), and 2 of my alltime favorites-Maison Ikkoku & Orange Road Kimagure. As for where-do a google search.
But that's really a generalisation. Don't think that just because something is shoujo, guy can't ABSOLUTELY love it. my #1 favorite anime is a shoujo (FMoS), as are others (Princess Tutu, magic Knight Rayearth, Card Captor Sakura, Mermaide Melody Pichi Pichi Pitchi, Marmalade Boy, Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, Basara, Banana Fish, Rose of Versailles, Revolutionary Girl Utena) and i'm a guy.

Anyways, Check out Black Jack, Gakuen Alice and Ring ni Kakero! a few new shows i think own!
Old 2004-11-28, 22:30   Link #9
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Red face

I never said that shojo and shonen were absolute. I'm a guy too and I love shojo, probally more than any other genre except romantic comedy. I don't think that I wouild get any argument if I said that Hana Yori Dago was shojo, or Please Save My Earth , for that matter. I really liked Marmalade Boy, hated Magic Knight Rayearth (except the ova's), as mentioned before 2 of my all time favorites are Maison Ikkoku and Kimagure Orange Road, both of which are not shojo or shonen but appeal to both sexes. But please do try Maison Ikkoku, you'll be missing one of the greatest anime series if you don't.
Old 2004-11-28, 23:21   Link #10
EV|RockLee
Rock Lee PWNz

Send a message via AIM to EV|RockLee Send a message via MSN to EV|RockLee
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrdb
both of which are not shojo or shonen but appeal to both sexes.
actually, Kimagure Orange road is clearly shounen, and Maison Ikkoku is targetted at older males, being seinen.
Old 2004-11-29, 00:05   Link #11
Shinn
Orooo?

Samurais eh?

Kenshin
Samurai champloo
Samurai 7

Sci-fi

Gundams (All of them)
Evangelion

Comedy
Love hina (this is what got me into anime, other than doreamon)
Tenchi moyo
Old 2004-11-29, 17:09   Link #12
Mr. Shabaz
Lazy Member

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shabaz
Have you tried Full Metal Panic? It has comedy, action, little bit of sci-fi. I think it would be right up your alley.

Here is the animenfo page about the series
Old 2004-11-29, 21:51   Link #13
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Red face

Right now I'm watching You're Under Arrest, comedy, action, a little drama but just plain fun to watch!!
Old 2004-12-01, 15:58   Link #14
DDRMETROID17
Anime Lover

I still don't know...

I have seen Full Metal Panic, Evangelion, Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai X, Gundam Seed (all of them), Gundam Wing, Gundam X, Mobile Suit Gundam, Golden Boy, and Tenchi Muyo. I liked Full Metal Panic, Evangelion, Gundam Seed (all of them), Gundam Wing, Gundam X, Mobile Suit Gundam, Kenshin, Samurai X and Golden Boy, but hated Tenchi Muyo. So try to recommend something not listed above and not too overrated.
Old 2004-12-01, 17:46   Link #15
Sadaharu
The Greater Being

Send a message via AIM to Sadaharu Send a message via MSN to Sadaharu
i know it says to not just give lists without reason but im kinda busy right now.. so ill just be giving a list of my most recommended anime today :P
Licenced Animes: Trigun, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, .Hack//Sign, Rurouni Kenshin, Inuyasha, Berserk, Samurai Deeper Kyo
AnimeSuki Anime: **Naruto**, Hunter X Hunter, Bleach, Hikaru No Go, Airmaster
Thats about it for now.. if i have time ill post reasons that those are good later on..
Old 2004-12-01, 19:35   Link #16
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Wink

I disagree that Kimagure Orange Road is shonen, it's clearly aimed at both sexes, as for Maison Ikkoku, Rumiko Takahashi stated it was made for both male and female, allthough probally a little more female due to the underlying romantic theme.
Old 2004-12-08, 15:42   Link #17
DDRMETROID17
Anime Lover

What is Hikaru No Go about? (Just Curious...)
Old 2004-12-08, 18:00   Link #18
FireBorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animenfo
Shindoh Hikaru, a 6th grader, finds an old go table in the attic of his grandfather's house. He sees some blood stains on the go table, and tries to wipe it off... when a ghost dressed in Heian period clothes pops out, and takes over his body.

The ghost happens to be Fujiwara no Sai, a member of the court during the Heian period. Sai was one of the two men who was assigned as the go tutor to the emperor. The other tutor was envious of Sai, and challenged him to a go match -- whoever wins gets to stay as the court's go master. Sai's opponent cheats during the match, and before Sai could say anything about it, the opponent accused Sai of cheating. Sai was banished from the court, and because of regret and anger, he committed suicide. But as with all unrepented souls, Sai was unable to leave the material world... until he is able to master go, and get one step closer to "kami no itte," or god's hand.

As for suggestions...

Naruto
Hikaru no Go
Bleach
Hunter x Hunter (TV and OVA's, of course)

(All shounen, btw.. since you seem to like them.)
Old 2004-12-10, 00:16   Link #19
keisuke_san

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDRMETROID17
What is Hikaru No Go about? (Just Curious...)
well hikaru no is based on the japanese board game go... it kinda like a really complicated japanese wersion of chess..believe me ive tried to learn....if u want more info take a look at this....

http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,7...aru_no_go.html
Old 2004-12-20, 21:05   Link #20
DDRMETROID17
Anime Lover

An anime based on a board game??? Sounds like Yu-gi-Oh...
Closed Thread