AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-03, 16:23   Link #1481
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Now, that I watched ep 9. It didn't escalate my hate, nor did it decrease it. But hell yea, she deserves to be alone. Satou explained the reasons, she didn't like it? Rips up Oshiroi's magazine and knocks out Satou THREE times this ep. She doesnt get my pity AT all. With her attitude, no WONDER she's alone, she sexually attacks Oshiroi, and attacks people who are reasonable.

It's too bad that I was actually hoping that Oshiroi was actually seeing that Ume tore up her magazine so that she could give Ume a bitch slap and snap at her, saying that she doesn't understand her at all.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 16:42   Link #1482
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Now, that I watched ep 9. It didn't escalate my hate, nor did it decrease it. But hell yea, she deserves to be alone. Satou explained the reasons, she didn't like it? Rips up Oshiroi's magazine and knocks out Satou THREE times this ep. She doesnt get my pity AT all. With her attitude, no WONDER she's alone, she sexually attacks Oshiroi, and attacks people who are reasonable.

It's too bad that I was actually hoping that Oshiroi was actually seeing that Ume tore up her magazine so that she could give Ume a bitch slap and snap at her, saying that she doesn't understand her at all.
Haha, you really are mixing this up with a drama series, aren't you?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 17:47   Link #1483
glitch

Send a message via AIM to glitch
Just marathoned this series. It had me in stitches.
glitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 18:15   Link #1484
Key Board
Carbon

I've said this in another thread

Ume Shiraume is similar to Yozora from Haganai.

she's wrapped by this intense jealousy that makes do horrible (if amusing) things to other people. (Yozora towards Senna. Ume towards Sato)

She herself doesn't understand it. It's something that takes control over her.

I think makes her an intriguing character and with potential for growth.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 18:54   Link #1485
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

^--Hmm, yes. Many people will not realize something unless someone raises their voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Now, that I watched ep 9. It didn't escalate my hate, nor did it decrease it.
Oh see, your stance did remain the same. (you might want to spoiler tag that though.)

Not going to comment on the episode's key contents (seriously David Prod., you are reaching a global audience), but I was trolled yet again for my posts in this thread XD

Spoiler for fire in the hole!:

The music lol (especially Asebi's bento scene). LET'S GET IT.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 19:51   Link #1486
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Nope. Sen is most likely B cup, Uzu upper B/lower C, Ayame upper C/lower D, and Matsuba upper D.

Men really need to realize that they tend to measure one cup larger than reality
This estimation sounds about right to me - that's how I would put it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I've looked at the names of the girls who appeared in the anime so far, and all of them except one has a name related to flowers.

Yarizui Sen (槍水 仙): Daffodil (水仙)
Shaga Ayame (著莪 あやめ): Iris
Oshiroi Hana (白粉 花): Flower
Shiraume Ume (白梅 梅): Plum blossom
Inoue Asebi (井ノ上 あせび ): Pieris (Andromedas/Fetterbushes)
Matsuba Kiku (松葉菊): Chrysanthemum
Sawagi Kyo Elder (沢桔 梗): Japanese Elm
Sawagi Kyo Younger (沢桔 鏡): Mirror
It's quite common for Japanese girls to have flowers in their names (same with Chinese girls, too).
Old 2011-12-03, 19:57   Link #1487
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
It's quite common for Japanese girls to have flowers in their names (same with Chinese girls, too).
But not (almost) every single character in a series And I would know, since I was born in Japan

I haven't gone into research yet, but with the Japanaese wiki having almost every single character, I want to see if the trend continues.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 03:21   Link #1488
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Ep9 totally hilarious. Yuuki Aoi got to bring out her squishy grunt and several other unique sounds. Kayano Ai (photo at left, roles below) is terrific as Ume, absolutely level and yet expressive beneath it, to say nothing of having that sinuous sexiness in her voice, too. Just great, from the dead-faced slaps, to the (fairly much of a turn-on) yuri that seemed more like yaoi, to Ume's complete refusal to understand Oshiroi, and even to Oshiroi's happy acceptance of the bento, etc. Subtle unsubtlety. Oshiroi is yet another wonderfully ridiculous character.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2011-12-04 at 03:31.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 03:21   Link #1489
Dahak86
Classics never age

ep9

ah, what a great episode. much better than the previous one. I'm pretty sure a certain M-guy and S-girl have thoroughly enjoyed it too.
and...

tbh, I don't see how can you hate a girl like that, but... whatever.
Old 2011-12-04, 03:47   Link #1490
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Wow, so Myanimelist is already starting to blow up, as I'm sure you can guess, this was a love it or hate it episode. But I'm pretty much like blitz1/2 here, this episode didn't change my opinion of her what so ever, if anything, she's now a creepy psycho lesbian bitch. Saito bascially gave her the PERFECT nickname.....RABID DOG
(I literally laughed my ass off)

The beatings don't even get to me anymore, she's just a crazy girl who will forever be alone (good for her ass). Oshiroi is backing away from her, and steadily choosing Saitou over her, and its eating her up. Loved when Saitou stood up for himself. And she's clearly in denial where she can't even accept the truth. Sorry Midonin, she had her chance for pity, and she FAILED. And I'm being nice, the folks on MAL are in riot mode lol.

PS:

To the butthurt clown who loves blowing up my rep box cause I'm a "hater for no reason", send me another one, I love it...cause clearly you're just like the chubby guy in this episode, too much of a punk to speak your mind and enjoy your daily beatings.

Last edited by Tenchi Ryu; 2011-12-04 at 04:01.
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 03:51   Link #1491
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Ep9 totally hilarious. Yuuki Aoi got to bring out her squishy grunt and several other unique sounds. Kayano Ai (photo at left, roles below) is terrific as Ume, absolutely level and yet expressive beneath it, to say nothing of having that sinuous sexiness in her voice, too. Just great, from the dead-faced slaps, to the (fairly much of a turn-on) yuri that seemed more like yaoi, to Ume's complete refusal to understand Oshiroi, and even to Oshiroi's happy acceptance of the bento, etc. Subtle unsubtlety. Oshiroi is yet another wonderfully ridiculous character.
I have nothing against yuri when done well - far from it - but that felt more like attempted rape than yuri to me. Rather than sexy, I saw it as profoundly distasteful and sick. To each their own has never been more true than here, I guess.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 04:08   Link #1492
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

The worst episode of Ben-To so far and it's not surprising since it's about Ume : Horrible. Satou should really slap her Le'ts forget this episode and go back to the true Ben-To.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 04:48   Link #1493
Sumeragi
Banned

大和撫子. There is no other word to describe Ume.

It's just perfect in helping to understand the mind of Ume, along with the beautiful visuals in showing just how perfect she is. Really, in this modern day of flashiness, showiness, hedonism, and decadence, it's near impossible to see such a perfect specimen of a wildflower, having a subtle, but definitely present, touch of iron, as pale as pure silk yet as red as blood.

I had to drink Oppa's blood after I saw this episode. Too much blood loss in wanting to take the place of Hana and show Ume just what she is missing while chasing after a girl who would not and could not respect the pure delicate dignity of someone who loves her as completely as no one else can.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 05:42   Link #1494
EroKing

Best episode of the series so far. Ume has about 10 times more sex appeal than Shaga imo.
The fact that she is still calling her "Shiraume-sama" tells she has undoubtedly left some sexual yuri magical imprint on Shaga

Major props to Kayano Ai. This role has been far different from Hibino (Kamisama Dolls), Menma (Ano Hana) and Ayaka (Kamisama no Memo-chou) which were done just a while ago. Can't wait to see what kind of work she will be doing in the future

The last line of the episode from Sato pretty much confirms he likes playing the role of an M
Old 2011-12-04, 06:46   Link #1495
Sides

Hmm.. this is the first episode that I did not really enjoyed, probably because it came directly after last week's one, two weeks in a row with no action.
Story wise some development between the two schools and you got Ume and Oshiroi. Sometimes I wonder if Oshiroi is writing that yaoi stuff to mirror the fact that she is being abused by Ume herself, kind of transferring her experience kind of thing. Asebi's part was alright, but the second part kind of drag the episode down for me. It felt like I was watching another series.
Was still fun to watch and it had a killer bento in it.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 07:22   Link #1496
zero7090

For the first time i had to skip yuri scene in an anime. No prize for who can guess the reason.

p/s: bento jealous flag triggered?
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 08:10   Link #1497
prototype_sky

Ume character would've been awesome if she was tsundere towards saitou >_>.
But he's getting all of the abuse and 0 loving >_<
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 09:18   Link #1498
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Ume character would've been awesome if she was tsundere towards saitou >_>.
But he's getting all of the abuse and 0 loving >_<
Because that trope have overstayed its welcome a long time ago.

No, abusive behavior don't get a pass in my book because said abuser is a lesbian, thank you.

My favorite female character of the show: Shaga. Emiri Katou is just doing a fine job to convey the playfullness of hers.
Old 2011-12-04, 09:53   Link #1499
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

well that felt like a waste of an episode, sure there was some sexy bits but overall it was full of Ume being a bitch and just plain creepy
Old 2011-12-04, 10:09   Link #1500
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I have nothing against yuri when done well - far from it - but that felt more like attempted rape than yuri to me. Rather than sexy, I saw it as profoundly distasteful and sick. To each their own has never been more true than here, I guess....
As always, you are too straightforward for me, lol. This is a late-night comedy anime, not either real life or children's literature. That scene was like a playful and severely watered-down version of the more clearly rape-ish scenes in some yaoi anime, which are food for fujoshi like Oshiroi herself. For what it's worth, Yuuki Aoi's thread on 2channel is over the moon with the scene.

As for being "distasteful," how about all the popular anime full of maiming and killing? Are those okay? I'll take weird love over socially acceptable hatred and murder any time. Oshiroi was not harmed in any way, just weirded out and pleased.

And for those who hate Ume, too bad for you. I was feeling sorry for you, having this surprisingly Ume-centric episode thrown in your faces, but your simple-minded moralism and Enzo's attack have washed away any sympathy I had on that count.

@Sheba -- My own favorite character is Oshiroi, but I agree that Emirin is doing a wonderful job, as always, with Shaga. Emirin just turned 28 last week. Happy birthday, Katou-san!
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2011-12-04 at 10:49.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, light novel, shounen