AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-07-09, 05:30   Link #41
magnuskn

The show continues to be competently done and looks really pretty (tighs help, of course... ^^). Picked-up.
Old 2023-07-10, 09:07   Link #42
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 2:

THIGH / 10

another good episode. Some more ingredient finding lesson for novice alchemist Ryza. This shows the value of having helpful friends and family members. She was able to find the root by help of her dad, and the flower by Klaudia's help.

some tension with Lent's dad causing trouble. I know those two guys at the bridge are @ssholes, but they have a legit complaint this time.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-10, 09:26   Link #43
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
So y'all can guess the reason why I'm slightly interested in this series... yes, the PLOT (y'all know what I'm talking about)

In all seriousness though... what is the ACTUAL plot of this? Is it just slice of life with some adventure, but in a fantasy world? I don't think I saw any sort of actual summary in this thread.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-10, 09:29   Link #44
magnuskn

So far, it's a classical coming of age story for multiple characters, with Ryza's tighs as the MC.
Old 2023-07-11, 00:51   Link #45
fukarming

I have not played Atelier Ryza so I am not sure - but overall atelier series involves the MC going around using alchemist skills to help those around them, so I guess Lent, Tao Klaudia, and then some others. Since it is an anime they will probably pick something as a final quest that requires significant growth of Ryza to complete.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-11, 01:39   Link #46
zeross87

the game already have quests like that at the end don't orry about that
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-12, 17:13   Link #47
Alchemist007
*Author

Ryza is a good character, glad it's not all just the meme.
Old 2023-07-15, 20:40   Link #48
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well its off to find a flower that has a lite smell but last a long time for an old lady good thing Reisalin got help from a goat this time
Old 2023-07-16, 01:19   Link #49
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 3:

heartwarming episode. Ryza helps an old woman and an old man connect with their past, to have a bit of closure. Sad that the third friend already pass away.

oh, and the melody that Klaudia played with her flute is beautiful. I hope she plays again sometime.

hmm, so Empel just gave Ryza that alchemy mixing item for free? He's quite generous. Although I fear he might ask for something in return later.
Old 2023-07-16, 07:51   Link #50
zeross87

ahah today was side quest time. it's funny that all of the events of this episode are side quests in the game but it flow well in anime form.
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-16, 20:35   Link #51
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Cute little side quests. Nice for the old lady getting all that help this episode. Gets to see her old friend again. Plus that whole flower adventure was good. You can certainly read into that situation a little. She presumably married one part of their trouble making trio and the third member "forgot" to put his name on the letter congratulating them. That might be too much, but at the very least it's a bit sad that they hadn't seen each other in years.

The flute performance was nice. Getting some hints at what is going on with Klaudia. I'd presume it's something like her mother was a musician and passed away so he's tried to keep her away from music.

Lent seems to be getting a bit frustrated. Though it's obviously due to his personal situation stressing him out. The more...awful his father becomes and the more the village harasses him over it the more he wants to prove himself to be better. Probably not the right attitude to be taking and maybe why she's holding back on teaching him actual combat techniques.

Good episode.
Old 2023-07-18, 00:14   Link #52
Alchemist007
*Author

A sad but probably true line...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-07-21, 21:59   Link #53
Strahan

Nice show. A pleasant, relaxing air. Good art, especially as they focus on the hero of the story; her body lol. Though speaking of bodies, Lila's tits are a bit weird in several shots. Not just large, but oddly round. It's like they defy gravity, that or maybe her top is colored steel and it's holding them in that position lol

Like her design though, chest oddities aside. Heterochromia + white hair + dark outfit + Wolverine claws, can't go wrong there hehe.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-22, 19:30   Link #54
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I can't believe that girl was so hyped up about making that bomb that she couldn't resist throwing it around...inside a cave! Even with Lila there it could have been a total disaster.

Thankfully they did all make it out alive. And even without much express training in terms of actual swordsmanship Lent's skills did show some good results. I can agree with the need to build up his foundation though before he picks up skills that he could get carried away with.

Tao finally got to do something! Honestly he's kind of just been "there" during the story to this point. But his skills did come in handy when they needed it which was nice to see.
Old 2023-07-22, 20:38   Link #55
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Who know that making bombs is in a book for beginners to learn you think it would be in a more of an advance book

Lent really needs a new sword and Tao is really learning
Old 2023-07-22, 23:46   Link #56
Strahan

Given how much they were showing the sword in all its shoddy glory, I was expecting it to break against the rock monsters.

Empel was right to dress down Ryza. If you make something like a bomb, especially when you realize it's larger than you expected, why in God's name would you not test it first? She had no idea the blast radius, she could've inadvertently dismembered one of her friends. On the bright side, at least she has talent.

I had wondered if making an anime based on the game was a sales tactic, but then, this game is like four years old so dunno. If so, it worked on me; I like the show so I figured I'd buy the game. My newest console though is a PS3 so I will have to grab the Windows version. I watched a gameplay video on YouTube, the anime seems to be very faithful to the game. Also it looks like while the thighs may be what people talk about for this, in the game her breasts seem more detailed and full. She's like a pinup girl cum adventurer, heh.

Speaking of thighs, I get they like to tout them but I'm getting a little tired of crotch-framed shots, lol.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-23, 01:47   Link #57
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 4:

Empel is good at teaching. He acknowledged Ryza talent on synthesizing high quality material (make the student feel good). At the same time he told that she failed, because she did not think of things that would happen after the item is used. He lectured Ryza in a firm way like a responsible teacher, he is not gloating when he said she failed. Well, I guess what Ryza did is like throwing a grenade in an enclosed space.. good thing their eardrums were not destroyed. lol

Lila and Empel also came to rescue their students, so it ended well. Students learned some new things, and no one died or seriously hurt.

looking forward to more of Ryza and friends adventures!
Old 2023-07-25, 10:29   Link #58
Alchemist007
*Author

Favorite shot from this ep.

Old 2023-07-29, 20:45   Link #59
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well its off to the beach to unwind and relax plus add some training all they got to do is fine a way to win against Lila and take the fruit from her hand
Old 2023-07-30, 01:14   Link #60
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 5:

another enjoyable episode. Go to the beach to remove some stress. Klaudia is a food friend to Ryza. I think Empel and Lila can also already be considered their friends as well, although they have more of a teacher role.

did not expect Ryza to be afraid of swimming. Probably the trauma of almost drowning from those flashbacks.

swim, run around, play some games, and hug the waifu at end. What more to ask for? lol

looks like they plan to revive that ruined area. Looking forward to Ryza and friends making a secret base there. ^^

Tags
adaptation, atelier