AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator 2 - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 27 39.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 32.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 20.59%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.47%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.47%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-19, 15:59   Link #141
Irenesharda

AHHHHH....THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING! I REFUSE TO WATCH THE RAW BUT NOW I HAVE TO WAIT ALL DAY!!!!

I mean I usually did anyway because I had class until late at night, but now my finals are over and I wanted to watch this at regular time! But it's still late.....

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-19, 15:59   Link #142
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
He didn't dismantle or break apart Carmilla. He's stupid too.
Yeah, he lost points in my book for that. And now he's gonna do the job for Haruto next episode. -___-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Everyone is stupid when it's time for the other side to win.
Idiocy when the plot demands it!
Old 2013-12-19, 16:01   Link #143
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
It just now occurred to me that somehow the council of 101 never once planned for what would happen if some terrorist or deranged person tried to assassinate one of them in public. Even before the pilots showed up you would think they would realize that political figures are sometimes targets for assassination.
I think that also comes down to straight up arrogance. They've been pulling the strings from behind the scenes for so long that they've forgotten they're not infallible. They've pretty much had their hands in just about every pot they probably figured something like that wouldn't happen because they'd be one step ahead. Of course with some of their recent failures you'd think they rethink that.
Old 2013-12-19, 16:01   Link #144
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Idiocy when the plot demands it!
When have A-drei, L-Elf, H-neun or X-eins acted like idiots? The time they had oversights was due to info they weren't aware of or faced really bad odds. For instance, L-elf not taking into account their possible presence in Karlstein because they are stationed on space and their presence was violating this (they were chased off afterwards). He adapted into that situation fast.

Their emotional reactions were also realistically flawed.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2013-12-19, 16:02   Link #145
black_cat1

After this ep, I am afraid that Shouko and her followers will make it out alive, just like how Ookouchi let the Black Knight staffs live
Old 2013-12-19, 16:03   Link #146
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
When have A-drei, L-Elf, H-neun or X-eins act like idiots? The time they had oversights was due to info they weren't aware of or faced really bad odds.
I was referring to the bad guys. In particular the Council for not having a contingency plan in case their existence was ever revealed.

As for L-Elf well there was that time he had that knife fight when he could have just shot Q-Vier's ass
Old 2013-12-19, 16:04   Link #147
~BC~

Quote:
After this ep, I am afraid that Shouko and her followers will make it out alive, just like how Ookouchi let the Black Knight staffs live.
There was somone else like that in Guilty Crown that also survived wasn't there? Or was that just the psycho?

The Dorssia boys all had their moments of stupid when they used the same MO while knowing they were dealing with L-Elf. H-Neun bum rushing melee, X-Eins' predictable piloting, Q-Vier being Q-Vier, A-Drei thinking relying on Q-Vier in an attempt to capture was a good idea. It also doesn't help they've never displayed anywhere near the level of compatacency of L-Elf despite being from the same institute and trained under Cain (yes, I know L-Elf probably had the most extensive training).

Last edited by ~BC~; 2013-12-19 at 16:14.
Old 2013-12-19, 16:06   Link #148
Wandering Soul

Quote:
I was referring to the bad guys. In particular the Council for not having a contingency plan in case their existence was ever revealed.

As for L-Elf well there was that time he had that knife fight when he could have just shot Q-Vier's ass
I think in that situation he didn't have the time to pull out a gun. Also it is hinted that L-Elf does still cared about his former comrades and wants to avoid killing them if he could.
Old 2013-12-19, 16:06   Link #149
Thess

Quote:
It's been established since s1 that he does not try to use lethal force with his former team mates, it's a matter of coherency in his characterization and a flaw. Not plot induced stupidity, that's different

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2013-12-19, 16:13   Link #150
Wandering Soul

Quote:
There was somone else like that in Guilty Crown that also survived wasn't there? Or was that just the psycho?

The Dorssia boys all had their moments of stupid when they used the same MO while knowing they were dealing with L-Elf. H-Neun bum rushing melee, X-Eins' predictable piloting, Q-Vier being Q-Vier, A-Drei thinking relying on Q-Vier in an attempt to capture was a good idea. It also doesn't help they've never displayed anywhere near the level of compatacency of L-Elf despite being from the same institute and trained under Cain.
I think you are referring to Arisa the school president that fell in love with Gai and betrayed Shu and the others for him. She survived but there was no scene that showed us what to her after the final battle.
Old 2013-12-19, 16:15   Link #151
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
I think you are referring to Arisa the school president that fell in love with Gai and betrayed Shu and the others for him. She survived but there was no scene that showed us what to her after the final battle.
-goes to throw up- hate her

L-elf being reffered to as Cain's "greatest creation" has to have some merit right?
The reason L-elf was able to predict the actions of his comrades is likely the same reason that Cain was able to anticipate L-elf's actions.
Old 2013-12-19, 16:15   Link #152
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
It's been established since s1 that he does not try to use lethal force with his former team mates, it's a matter of coherency in his characterization and a flaw. Not plot induced stupidity, that's different
And it did bite him in the ass. If he would have killed Q-Vier then the rocket might not have been damaged and Lise wouldn't have had to use her Runes to save them. But that's all what if's Now back to the Council being idiots. I seriously can't believe the didn't have a plan in place just in case something like this happened. Not specifically the way it happened but in case their existence was revealed and could potentially lose their control over Humanity.
Old 2013-12-19, 16:20   Link #153
~BC~

L-Elf being able to go easy on his comrades doesn't speak much to their abilities either. But enough of that. At least we know why the bull is Shoko's mascot. It's not easy to deter her once she's made up her mind. I wouldn't even mind her keeping this stance if I thought they had time to explore it.
Old 2013-12-19, 16:27   Link #154
Thess

Quote:
The Dorssia boys all had their moments of stupid when they used the same MO while knowing they were dealing with L-Elf. H-Neun bum rushing melee, X-Eins' predictable piloting, Q-Vier being Q-Vier, A-Drei thinking relying on Q-Vier in an attempt to capture was a good idea. It also doesn't help they've never displayed anywhere near the level of compatacency of L-Elf despite being from the same institute and trained under Cain (yes, I know L-Elf probably had the most extensive training).
That's not plot-induced stupidity. That's going against L-Elf who knew how they work. A-drei's too naive as informed trait, so relying on Q-vier would be proof of it. L-Elf was personally trained by Cain apparently.

Quote:
And it did bite him in the ass. If he would have killed Q-Vier then the rocket might not have been damaged and Lise wouldn't have had to use her Runes to save them. But that's all what if's
Again, that's not plot induced stupidity. If he spared some grunt mook who ends up doing the deed, that would be plot induced stupidity. But sparing a team mate as he always does, it's part of his characterization. Did he make a mistake? Absolutely, but it was neither a stupid or jarring plot mistake. L-Elf looked after Q-vier when he was younger in a way (judging by their brief flashback scene). He doesn't consider killing Q-vier when he revised the scenario, for instance.

Old 2013-12-19, 16:34   Link #155
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Again, that's not plot induced stupidity. If he spared some grunt mook who ends up doing the deed, that would be plot induced stupidity. But sparing a team mate as he always does, it's part of his characterization. Did he make a mistake? Absolutely, but it was neither a stupid or jarring plot mistake. L-Elf looked after Q-vier when he was younger in a way (judging by their brief flashback scene). He doesn't consider killing Q-vier when he revised the scenario, for instance.
Again I was talking about the Council when I said plot-induced stupidity.

All I can say about how L-Elf handled the situation was that he made a mistake and it came back to bite him in the ass. We both understand that.

Yes, sentimentality came into play and yes, I can understand not wanting to kill a former squad-mate.

He booted up his sentimentality program and it caused an error in his system
Old 2013-12-19, 16:40   Link #156
~BC~

Quote:
That's not plot-induced stupidity. That's going against L-Elf who knew how they work. A-drei's too naive as informed trait, so relying on Q-vier would be proof of it. L-Elf was personally trained by Cain apparently.
L-elf knows them and they know him as shown by A-Drei figuring out what he was up to in episode 16. Yet this inherent knowledge was conveniently absent during the first season. I'm having a hard time believing L-Elf was the only one taught how to read their opponent.

Overall, if they're trying to make this an impressive victory they're failing by making the adversaries this incompetent, IMO.
Old 2013-12-19, 16:42   Link #157
shadow1296

i forget how many people has q-vier killed so far either directly or indirectly?
Old 2013-12-19, 16:44   Link #158
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Just Aina and Raizo so far.
Old 2013-12-19, 16:45   Link #159
~BC~

Thunder was so close, I really have a feeling Q-Vier's ass isn't dying at all.
Old 2013-12-19, 16:48   Link #160
Thess

Quote:
L-elf knows them and they know him as shown by A-Drei figuring out what he was up to in episode 16. Yet this inherent knowledge was conveniently absent during the first season. I'm having a hard time believing L-Elf was the only one taught how to read their opponent.

Overall, if they're trying to make this an impressive victory they're failing by making the adversaries this incompetent, IMO.
A-drei could only figure out what he was up to and outsmarted him in episode 16 when L-Elf wasn't aware of their presence there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Just Aina and Raizo so far.
And Lieselotte. Now if he could only shoot Shoko's rocket, everything will be forgiven.

Closed Thread