AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2019-03-01, 18:16   Link #21
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

you people are sounding like donald trump.
Old 2019-03-01, 18:17   Link #22
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post

Personally, I have always cheered for Bernie, but I must admit that I really like Tulsi Gabbard as a presidential candidate. It is my hope that these two candidates join forces in the upcoming elections.
I can't talk much about her domestic policy, but as far as foreing policy go, she have a stronger position for a progressive position. If she would get the coverage she need, she could had better chance than Warren.
Old 2019-03-02, 04:22   Link #23
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
you people are sounding like donald trump.
It's elections, gotta do what works
Old 2019-03-02, 09:04   Link #24
Toukairin
Banned

Where I have a serious problem with Tulsi Gabbard is that, while Trump is accepting whatever BS coming from the mouths of Kim and Putin, she did exactly the same with Assad in the aftermath of the chemical attacks. Seriously, she should have stayed at home and publicly asked for reports from the intelligence community; that would have been a more intelligent move rather than meeting Assad.

Even if I agree with people that the US should stop using its military at the first glance, Assad is a cunt who doesn't even deserve to be talked with. As for Gabbard, that bit will be highlighted in the debates by basically everybody else and then described as pure naiveté. I once supported her prospect for 2020; I really did. But once that comment about Syria and Assad came out, it was all over.

Last edited by Toukairin; 2019-03-02 at 09:26.
Old 2019-03-03, 14:06   Link #25
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Look at the treatment given to Bernie in the latest episode of the view:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The power that be really don't want any progressives gaining power, much less the white house.

In other news, here is another very interesting candidate: Andrew Yang. This candidate seems to be very intelligent. His angle is based in numbers, statistics and science. He brings forth very interesting ideas. He has proposed 76 specific policies to transform government. He doesn't seems like an anti-corporatist to me, which is why I don't really understand the media blackout.

Here is a list of policy proposals:
https://www.yang2020.com/policies/

Among his policies one that stands out the most is The freedom dividend, which would grant one thousand dollars a month to every American citizen over the age of 18.

YouTube

Here is a 30 min interview with this candidate for those interested:

YouTube

Last edited by Sugetsu; 2019-03-03 at 15:14.
Old 2019-03-03, 19:02   Link #26
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
If Bernie wins the nomination

I wonder what political realignments will happen. Who will show their true colors. And I ain't talking about red and blue
GANBARIMASU
Old 2019-03-04, 00:53   Link #27
Key Board
Carbon

The electorate has made their stance clear on economic issues

It's a matter of leaders listening to their voters
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2019-03-04, 10:26   Link #28
Jaden

Andrew "look at the numbers" Yang is unfortunately too high-brow for politics.
Old 2019-03-04, 20:56   Link #29
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

^ You may be right that many Americans look at intellectual people with contempt and usually prefer the "simplicity" of someone like Trump. However, I do believe this kind candidate could have great traction with millennials and progressives. I have even seen him getting traction with some Trump voters. He will be very interesting to watch in the debate stage.
Old 2019-03-05, 00:47   Link #30
Jaden

I don't think he would do great in debates even vs Trump.

Regardless of how good his ideas are, the whole platform can easily be framed as literally trying to buy votes with money. GG no re.
Old 2019-03-09, 07:19   Link #31
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

^ Well would you look at this article: Andrew Yang Wants to Run for President Promising Free Hand Outs

PS, while it is true that he seems like a non-combative person you would be wise to withhold your opinion until you have seen him in a debate stage.
Old 2019-03-09, 13:31   Link #32
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Only twice in nine elections has the eventual Democratic nominee not won one of Iowa or New Hampshire. Iowa remains fairly wide open, but Bernie Sanders may have the inside route in New Hampshire.

See my blog post: https://www.politicsbythenumbers.org...ly-or-go-home/
Old 2019-03-09, 15:40   Link #33
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Old footage of Bernie from 1981. Lets see how much his views have changed over the years:

YouTube

Here is a really good analysis of Tulsi's CNN Townhall:

YouTube

To summarize, it was a smear a job. They don't really want to talk about policy but instead frame the theme of the discussion based on non-substantive issues.

Last edited by Sugetsu; 2019-03-11 at 15:25.
Old 2019-03-14, 12:36   Link #34
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

In this clip a host of MSNBC has a rare moment of candor, in which he says what he really feels about progressive candidates like Bernie Sanders.

YouTube

In summary, ,main stream media is much happier with any republican candidate regardless of who he is, because GPO candidates will maintain corporations atop the food chain.

Main stream media is left leaning when comes to social issues, because they are aware that immigrants and peoples of different races and cultures are possible costumers too, but when it comes to fiscal issues the main stream will always be right leaning, obviously.

Don't expect candidates like Bernie, Tulsi or Yang to have an easy road ahead, all of these candidates are a direct threat to the values of and way of life of corporations after all. I except corporate democrat candidates, such as Beto, Kamala or Cory Booker to be given a bigger platform in the mainstream for obvious reason.
Old 2019-03-24, 21:05   Link #35
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

To double down in the last post I made, if the following report is true, then Bernie has no chance of ever becoming president:

YouTube

Summary: This report claims that there is documented evidence of election fraud, and it always helps corporate candidates.

What do you guys think about this? Could this country be THIS corrupt?
Old 2019-03-25, 14:33   Link #36
Jaden

Maybe...

I understand there is an ongoing effort by progressives (namely, the Justice Democrats camp) to usurp the party and vote out every corporate democrat. Last year, they took 7 seats but won't stop until they have half. After that, I guess they'll register as republicans and repeat the process there.

I'm always rooting for the ones peacefully fighting the power, and I'm glad they are finding success. And of course, they will always face resistance from the establishment. However, I don't believe in widespread election fraud in the US. This is most likely propaganda by the usurpers, intended to generate outrage against incumbent politicians.
Old 2019-03-25, 15:18   Link #37
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I don't believe in widespread election fraud in the US.
Me, neither. The extent of individual voter fraud, where Johnny Lopez votes, goes out to his car, changes his shirt, and votes again as Roberto Rodriguez is what attorneys call de minimis. If it does exist, it is at such a trivial level as to be ignored. It certainly doesn't deserve the hundreds of millions of dollars spent on finding no evidence of such fraud over and over again.

Absentee ballots are more subject to fraud than in-person voting. This year's notorious case of NC-09 is just one particularly egregious example. And, of course, expect the Senate Majority Leader to claim that somehow Democrats were to blame for the Republican campaign's manipulation of absentee ballots.

All this leaves aside the various measures Republicans have instituted to keep people from registering and voting. They aren't targeting the left; they're targeting black and brown people. That's a lot more effective strategy.
Old 2019-03-26, 12:32   Link #38
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

The election fraud mentioned in the video is of a totally different nature than what you guys are alluding to. I understand it is a 15 minute long video and I should have specified what kind of fraud is allegedly being committed here.

The report claims that the US has one of the least secure voting systems among the developed nations. The video mentions that many of the weaknesses are intentional so that programmers can alter the count at the request of politicians or corporations. It also claims that government officials have intentionally destroyed paper ballots in order to trow off the only evidence there is for voter fraud, but these officials are able to act with impunity without being prosecuted for their crimes.

I sincerely believe these claims. This country is a plutocracy after all. Corporations reign supreme; the machines used for voting belong to organizations that actively donate to politicians. The main stream media is owned by corporations who greatly benefit from the current taxing system. Progressive candidates like Bernie Sanders are a very real threat to the current hegemony. Personally, this is why I am not very optimistic that any progressive candidate has any real change of getting in the white house.

Trump is despised by the majority of the US population, including corporations, but he does not challenge the military industrial complex, or money in politics, and more importantly; taxes. I hope that I am wrong, but Trump faces no real challenge in this corrupt system, he has a clear path to be reelected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Maybe...

I understand there is an ongoing effort by progressives (namely, the Justice Democrats camp) to usurp the party and vote out every corporate democrat. Last year, they took 7 seats but won't stop until they have half. After that, I guess they'll register as republicans and repeat the process there.
These are not "usurpers" the majority of these people were inspired by Bernie Sander's life-long mission to dethrone corporate power. The idea is to undo 2010's Citizen United supreme court ruling that royally screwed this country; it allows money in politics to be the deciding factor to whom a politician should listen to. It is "easier" to start taking money out of politics on the Democrats camp than it is to begin with the GOP, because at least the Dems claim to care about social issues, such as equality, well at least they pretend to care. The GOP, on the other hand has no qualms with how they feel about social issues.
Old 2019-03-26, 15:36   Link #39
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
...Progressive candidates like Bernie Sanders are a very real threat to the current hegemony. Personally, this is why I am not very optimistic that any progressive candidate has any real change of getting in the white house.

Trump is despised by the majority of the US population, including corporations, but he does not challenge the military industrial complex, or money in politics, and more importantly; taxes. I hope that I am wrong, but Trump faces no real challenge in this corrupt system, he has a clear path to be reelected.
If you're right in that moneyed interests are the ultimate political power, and democracy is just window dressing, then I agree that the 2016 elections were meaningless and Trump is still viable.

Quote:
These are not "usurpers" the majority of these people were inspired by Bernie Sander's life-long mission to dethrone corporate power.
Well, Bernie wasn't a democrat, neither were the brains behind Justice Democrats. For some reason third parties can't seem to take off in the US, so they decided to take over the Democratic party. Okay, there's nothing illegal about that, so maybe "usurper" is saying too much. But it is a rather audacious strategy.
Old 2019-03-26, 16:09   Link #40
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Progressive Republicans went away a long time ago. California still has a "Progressive Era" state constitution.

We need a Theodore Roosevelt type again.