AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-04-14, 16:38   Link #2001
MCAL

Boy when Togashi returns, he doesn't mess around.

So it seems like the Dark Continent arc (Or should we call it saga?) will have mini arcs. Let the Prince Succession arc begin in earnest.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-14, 19:45   Link #2002
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The chapter was neat
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-15, 01:11   Link #2003
Hamster

But, I thought only some of the princes are joining the battle royale. Even the children and lactating women have to join too or else they get murdered?

Talk about harsh...
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-15, 03:34   Link #2004
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

This is why i like Togashi. He went hiatus, and a long one at that, long enough to make ppl mad and forget about HxH existence, but when he came back, he made it so good, that ppl can easily forget about the long pain they had to endure, and happily reading it.

And boy as usual, this chapter is all words and less actions. But knowing Togashi, he never fails at delivering epic arc. Can't wait to see whats on the bag for the next chapter hoho.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-15, 05:49   Link #2005
Insaint

Sometimes I just feel that togashi should write continue with novel instead.
Insaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-15, 07:36   Link #2006
tsunade666

Oh good. I just read the chapter and its good. As always, HxH is still one of the best. Story telling wise.
Old 2016-04-15, 10:18   Link #2007
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ordinarily, I would love chapters like these, but coming from a series that releases so rarely, it kind of hurts. However, it's definitely a good thing that Togashi is not comprising on his narrative, and it's the best proof he hasn't given up on his manga. If only he could make a miraculous recovery...
Old 2016-04-15, 10:33   Link #2008
B214

I hope that there'll be a chapter next week.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-15, 11:50   Link #2009
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

This chapter remind me again Togashi one type cruel author
to think we will see among those children princes get brutally slayed, gotta prepare the mental for this
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-16, 02:13   Link #2010
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
I hope that there'll be a chapter next week.
lol if they're going on hiatus again they announce it beforehand. It's fine to say "I wonder how many chapters we'll get this time.", but it's a bit unfair to assume there would be a hiatus without telling us.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-16, 03:59   Link #2011
jmcu17

Personally, I'm happy that HxH is releasing chapters again, but can someone tell me how the author is getting away with these constant hiatus? YuYu Hakusho was popular as sin back then, but that was over twenty years ago... Surely any good will from that era should've dried up by now. I'm just curious why don't the publishers pressure the author to stick to a more consistent release schedule or hadn't cancelled this already. I mean, I'm happy that it's not cancelled, but it's just weird.
jmcu17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-16, 04:09   Link #2012
Ladiusman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcu17 View Post
Personally, I'm happy that HxH is releasing chapters again, but can someone tell me how the author is getting away with these constant hiatus? YuYu Hakusho was popular as sin back then, but that was over twenty years ago... Surely any good will from that era should've dried up by now. I'm just curious why don't the publishers pressure the author to stick to a more consistent release schedule or hadn't cancelled this already. I mean, I'm happy that it's not cancelled, but it's just weird.
Well, from what I've heard, WSJ practically overworked Togashi back when he was working on YYH and he really wasn't happy about that. So when WSJ wanted him to come back to draw another manga, he only accepted...if they agreed to his terms.

So there you go, Togashi can basically do whatever he wants to, HxH is immune to any popularity polls, and WSJ has to agree to that. Anyone correct me if I wrong though, I just read about this on some other forum.
Ladiusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-16, 07:07   Link #2013
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, from a practical standpoint, WSJ can't control Togashi anyway. They know that if they post any HxH chapter at all, sales for that issue will increase.

It's only profitable to post his work.
Old 2016-04-16, 07:26   Link #2014
Sixth
Hu Tao

Only Togashi can wrote power struggling plot that is so epic to read.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-16, 22:31   Link #2015
n0m@n
C-Z

The Chimera Ant Arc was just too long and so was the pacing. So I'm liking how the HxH current pace.

Togashi did sum up Dark Tournament Arc in YYH really fast (especially at the end) despite the massive content it was supposed to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Well, from a practical standpoint, WSJ can't control Togashi anyway. They know that if they post any HxH chapter at all, sales for that issue will increase.

It's only profitable to post his work.
Yeah. And it's also because the number of series which would be rated above good in WSJ decreases as time goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Only Togashi can wrote power struggling plot that is so epic to read.
Looking one page back you wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Sigh, when even bother to continue HxH? Just hiatus to the end please.
That's a sudden change.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-16, 22:53   Link #2016
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Yeah. And it's also because the number of series which would be rated above good in WSJ decreases as time goes.
I think the same could be said for Oda, yes?

I wonder how many current Mangaka out there has/have the same kind of influence and authority as those 2 blokes possess.
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-16, 22:55   Link #2017
watisit

I wonder what happened to the Nostrade family? And why some of the previous employees are happily following Kurapika.
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-16, 23:25   Link #2018
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysprosium View Post
I think the same could be said for Oda, yes?

I wonder how many current Mangaka out there has/have the same kind of influence and authority as those 2 blokes possess.
Yeah. If Oda says a certain series (or author) is good, that series will skyrocket in terms of sales and the popularity will increase much more even if it was already popular before lol. I'm reffering about Shigatsu wa kimi no uso btw since Oda said he was jealous of the author's talent of making expression of music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by watisit View Post
I wonder what happened to the Nostrade family? And why some of the previous employees are happily following Kurapika.
Neon lost her power. Her dad, Light, is in a slumb because he cant do anything without his Neon's power. Kurapika used his position as the leader of the bodyguard to retrieve many of his clans eyes. Lin was working under Kurapika. Not actually sure about Basho and Melody current situation.

Though they are following Kurapika's order because he hired them for the task so you could see Kurapika talking about the reward and such to Biscuit in the latest chapter.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 00:06   Link #2019
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
The Chimera Ant Arc was just too long and so was the pacing. So I'm liking how the HxH current pace.

Togashi did sum up Dark Tournament Arc in YYH really fast (especially at the end) despite the massive content it was supposed to have.

Looking one page back you wrote:

That's a sudden change.
Sudden change of what? Just because i gave a thumb up to his writing doesn't change the fact that I don't like/approve HxH author's work ethic.

Last edited by Sixth; 2016-04-17 at 00:26. Reason: Reworded my statement.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 03:50   Link #2020
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

So you believe that a person should just kill himself for your 'work ethic'?

Tags
overpowered villain