AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-06-14, 04:48   Link #941
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I'm debating whether I should post some of the photos I've been taking this weekend. They're pretty good, but I think classifying them as the "best" is making too much of my photography skills.

Any thoughts?
I wanna see them too
Old 2009-06-14, 06:09   Link #942
xKyonkox
Nyoron~

i also wana see them.
xKyonkox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 15:30   Link #943
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Here some I made yesterday at the 'Japanday' in Düsseldorf. Again not at it's best .. just pure amateur fun, shot fast and unedited.

The ryu stayed in character the whole time. Just looked awesome the way she craweled away with that face XD
If you see the goku in the background .. you might understand why I didn't photograph many cossers~

I wasn't cruel enough to shush the Naruto away XD I only wanted the Sakura.

I missed a great Haruka (FLCL) because I was stuck at a stand ._. She even had the guitar v_v
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 17:36   Link #944
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Here some I made yesterday at the 'Japanday' in Düsseldorf. Again not at it's best .. just pure amateur fun, shot fast and unedited.

The ryu stayed in character the whole time. Just looked awesome the way she craweled away with that face XD
If you see the goku in the background .. you might understand why I didn't photograph many cossers~

I missed a great Haruka (FLCL) because I was stuck at a stand ._. She even had the guitar v_v
why shush the naruto away? he's outfit is just as "good" as the Sakura's and sakura wouldnt be anything without naruto
Old 2009-06-15, 00:15   Link #945
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

This weekend, the Vancouver Convention Center hosted Anime Evolution 2009. Of course, yours truly spent so much time walking around taking photos that he actually had to tape his heels on the last day because he was starting to get blisters. The following is a selection of my favourite photos, resized for web posting but otherwise untouched. Due to the sheer number of photos that I intend to post (probably around 50), I won't be posting them all at once.

Let's start with the Soul Eater cosplays.

I personally think the last shot is overexposed - I had the camera set to spot mode to prevent the camera from using the background rather than Chrona to set the shutter speed, and I think the black closing caused it to go for broke with the exposure. But I like the dramatic lighting even when overdone.

CC with downtown Vancouver in the background. Probably the single picture I'm most proud of from the convention since the subject and background are both properly lit. Again, metering was set to "spot".

When I saw this one, I HAD to get a picture. Nothing to make an anime convention quite like seeing Jesus and a bunny girl eating lunch together at the food court.

And to finish off with, some Mio. I was told by one of the Mios that there were three Mios at the con... I only remember finding these two.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 00:29   Link #946
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

When I saw this one, I HAD to get a picture. Nothing to make an anime convention quite like seeing Jesus and a bunny girl eating lunch together at the food court.
Brilliant ... only downside is her ears blocked her face. His cosplay is very good, all he lacked was a black velvet backdrop
Old 2009-06-15, 08:01   Link #948
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:

These are Nice Images I like these the best ..C.C looked Good
Old 2009-06-15, 08:25   Link #949
KimmyChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post

What brilliant cosplaying! Those all look really fab zebra! Looks like a really fun day out was had by you!
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 11:04   Link #950
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
Nice cosplays! The ladies look gorgeous..

And about Gundam Nadleeh, what is that? A model kit in full color or a cosplay outfit?
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 08:10   Link #951
KimmyChan

Sorry for the bad picture quality, but here's a superb Azumanga Daioh cosplay group -

Old 2009-06-16, 12:16   Link #952
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyChan View Post
Sorry for the bad picture quality, but here's a superb Azumanga Daioh cosplay group -

omg.... that's.... damn near perfect. It probably took them forever just to tag people they knew who fit the part.
Old 2009-06-16, 14:30   Link #953
sa547
*Author

^
^
That Chiyo was... darned real adorable.

Quote:

Brilliant catch. I'm reminded of that Joan Osborne song.
Old 2009-06-16, 16:51   Link #954
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Seriously the "Jesus eats fastfood with a bunny girl" shot could win an art contest <.<
Brilliant XD
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 05:57   Link #955
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
Nice cosplays! The ladies look gorgeous..

And about Gundam Nadleeh, what is that? A model kit in full color or a cosplay outfit?
thatas a model kit in very close up ahhahaha
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 11:06   Link #956
Shadow Kira01

24x Cosplay

Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 13:11   Link #957
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
Great Yuki-Chan cosplay
Old 2009-06-19, 03:27   Link #958
KimmyChan

Those last 2 pics in Shadow Minato's last post are my faves
Old 2009-06-19, 23:24   Link #959
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

@Shadow Kira: That's a great Major Motoko picture in that set. I found a decent one at AE09, but nowhere near that impressive.

On that note, more from Anime Evolution 2009:

So happy with the lighting on the first picture, seeing as the Death Note anime had some dramatic lighting itself. The second not so much... I wanted to get the same sort of "characters in shadow" effect, but everything I took without flash was too dark.

Speaking of shows with dramatic lighting, when I saw this EF cosplayer, I knew I had to get a "special lighting" pic of her too. And this one actually turned out pretty well:

She originally planned to do a Chihiro cosplay but lost her eyepatch... but a meganekko in kneesocks is right up my alley too. The more conventional picture on the right is one of a few that I asked her to remove her glasses for, thinking that if she didn't have the eyepatch for Chihiro, she could do Kei... completely forgetting that she didn't have the headband for Kei either. I have to turn in my fanboy card after that sort of mess up, right?

(Actually, I think the ultimate EF cosplayer photo would use HDR lighting, but I don't have the necessary gear: http://techreport.com/discussions.x/15042)

Speaking of glasses:

The glasses in the first picture are mine. I really wanted a Yuki with glasses picture.

BTW, that's an actual cruise ship behind the second Yuki cosplayer. The Vancouver Convention Center is part of Canada Place, which is a working cruise ship terminal. Needless to say various cosplayers ended up on tourists home videos. Vancouver being Vancouver, I suspect there had to be a few Japanese tourists out there two... would have loved to have seen the looks on their faces.

(Random aside: I ran into the second Yuki cosplayer while we were watching some guy play a really good imitation of the Air OP vocals on an electric flute or something of the sort, with a karaoke track to fill in for everything else. It was awesome.)

The Taiga cosplayer actually came in a group with really good Ryuuji and Ami cosplayers, but they were buying dinner when I snapped this pic. I wanted to get some photos of Taiga attacking Ryuuji with the wood sword, but I decided to wait until we were back at the convention center since I figured having her swing that thing around in a crowded food court might be a bad idea. Unforunately, the only other time I saw her at the con afterwards, I was in a lineup.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 01:22   Link #960
KimmyChan

The first two pics of those Death Note cosplayers are great in your post there 0utf0xZer0

Tags
cosplay, photo