AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-12-06, 19:04   Link #20501
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijiru View Post
@Tempest: Very nice shorts, enjoy the dynamic of the couple. On a side note, do you have that actual recipe, or was it just something you made up on the spot?
Knowing Tempy, i think he actually has it.

@AtomicoX: DELICIOUS WALLA-TAN NOM NOM NOM. Walla wants a meal and the attention and company of a man at the same time? Good jo-*ripped and drained of my blood*

@Tempy, Shiny's shorts: D'AWWWWWWWWWWWW

[EDIT]
Page claim in the name of booze, trance, dope, and a NEEDY WALLA-TAN
Old 2009-12-06, 19:13   Link #20502
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Well...

Rather short this time...

Day in the Life

Chapter 33

Seals
Spoiler for Seals:

Hope you enjoyed.

Spoiler for Notes:
Part of me is terrified that the doctor's relatively confident guess that Miyuki will survive the last seal being broken will be thrown out for some hard-core angst . I'm getting fun images of Shamal Unisoning with Rein again to perform some magic ! I like Hayate's portrayal more and more, especially with how so many of her friends are noticing that she's not entirely okay and are worried for her. The poor girl takes care of everyone, it's time she got some love in return!

Yagami family moment was sweet! I'm curious though, is there a reason why Shamal can't/won't stay at the hospital with Miyuki? Maybe there's a difference for adults versus kids, but I know at children's hospitals parents or siblings can sleep over if they want. Seeing how badly off Miyuki is, I wouldn't be surprised if Shamal insists on staying close by just in case something bad happened, or if Miyuki needed some saving.

I like this chapter, the smaller focus (as much as I like all the other characters!) makes it easier to really connect with what's going on, emotionally and cognitively .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
How about if I get to work on the story, get all the way to the part where Fate snaps, and THEN ask for help?
Don't want to beat a dead horse, but I started to look at some of your ideas, and while I like the Precia and Fate one, the chunk of text displaying just ideas and no story or outline turned me off. Plus, part of the fun of reading a story is not knowing how it ends, so I personally don't like reading other people's outlines that much. Just write something, and if people don't like it, then too bad for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I second that, please and thank you.

Anyway, I need some opinions. I have two very different ideas for my ViCia Christmas fic, and I'd like to do them both if I get the chance, but I don't know which one to actually label as my "written for Christmas" fic. So, here we go:

1. A fanfic focused on a thirteen-year-old Lutecia and a nine-year-old Vivio, detailing Lutecia's first Christmas on Mid-Childa and... Vivio teaching her to make a snowman? (Credit for idea goes to Dezo, BTW.)

2. A fanfic focused pre-"Shadow" before Lutecia's breakdown, where Vivo seeks out her girlfriend during the holidays sensing something is wrong, forcing Lutecia to confront just how she views the younger girl.

I'm more partial to idea 2, myself, but what does the majority say?
Eh, personally, I'm partial to the first option . Christmas stories put me in the mood for cute fluff, not so much serious emotional drama . Ice-skating lesson could also be fun too, lots of falling and skating around hand-in-hand?
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 19:37   Link #20503
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Eh, personally, I'm partial to the first option . Christmas stories put me in the mood for cute fluff, not so much serious emotional drama . Ice-skating lesson could also be fun too, lots of falling and skating around hand-in-hand?
Actually, the emotional drama wouldn't be all that high....
Old 2009-12-06, 19:54   Link #20504
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Actually, the emotional drama wouldn't be all that high....
I suppose...but still, cute fluff!

Sounds like you already have option 2 planned though, eh?
Old 2009-12-06, 20:03   Link #20505
Thunderbird
IS: Liar's Mask
*Author

Quote:
Anyway, I need some opinions. I have two very different ideas for my ViCia Christmas fic, and I'd like to do them both if I get the chance, but I don't know which one to actually label as my "written for Christmas" fic. So, here we go:

1. A fanfic focused on a thirteen-year-old Lutecia and a nine-year-old Vivio, detailing Lutecia's first Christmas on Mid-Childa and... Vivio teaching her to make a snowman? (Credit for idea goes to Dezo, BTW.)

2. A fanfic focused pre-"Shadow" before Lutecia's breakdown, where Vivo seeks out her girlfriend during the holidays sensing something is wrong, forcing Lutecia to confront just how she views the younger girl.

I'm more partial to idea 2, myself, but what does the majority say?
If you are completely confused why not write them both? one for those who follow the story and the other for those who dont? *shot*

Or are you planning on linking them like was previously suggested? (ok I can die now) *collapses*

Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 20:08   Link #20506
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Sounds like you already have option 2 planned though, eh?
Well, it was the idea that came to me first. Wonder what that says about me. The whole idea of Lutecia's first Christmas and learning how to build a snowman was Dezo's suggestion when I was chatting with him via e-mail today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
Or are you planning on linking them like was previously suggested? (ok I can die now) *collapses*
Depends on how long I want it to be. Personally, I think it would be very fun to play around with having this sweet, innocent, fluffy flashback to Lutecia being taught by Vivio to build a snowman and then fastfoward to eight years later...

EDIT: Whoa, hey. No dying, no dying! *magically revives Thunderbird with awesome Harem Mistress powers*
Old 2009-12-06, 20:27   Link #20507
Lord Pertinax
Word Bearers Kommandant

Quote:
Erm.... I have them all listed in order on my profile page for Fanfiction.net. There's also my drabbledump, "Shadowfire", which occurs throughout the course of the whole series.
Ok. I will take a look at them after the final 2 exams...only 2 left he...hehehe...he.

"For each hero's song thousands die alone, unsung and unremembered." Anonymous.
Lord Pertinax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 20:32   Link #20508
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pertinax View Post
Ok. I will take a look at them after the final 2 exams...only 2 left he...hehehe...he.
Yeah. I had to go and list them on my profile page when I started getting so many questions about what the chronological order of the stories was. I have a bad habit of getting an idea and writing it out without thinking about how it fits in my timeline. Best example I can use is that "Never Been Kissed" was the first story I wrote for the series, but "Learn the Hard Way" actually came first in terms of fanon because that's when Vivio realized she was in love with Lutecia.
Old 2009-12-06, 20:46   Link #20509
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Well, I came back from Philadelphia and I guest it's time for a :
BACKLOG BREAKER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
There doesn't have to be an element of thievery around it at all.
Unfortunately, there is:

Archaeology (Anthropology) Code of Ethics*
*(It took me a while to write all of this down so I hope you'll take the time to read it through)

Spoiler for Code of Ethics:

Quote:
Rich people get bored, and many are into art. It's a status symbol to have a rare piece that no one does. Or they like creating their own personal museum and showing off rare pieces. In this light, it's not unusual for them to look for archeologists with promising research or digs, and hire them.

Sort of a "I'll pay for all expenses, and don't worry about the artifacts, because I'll be displaying them in a museum with your name as the discoverer, even though legally they'll belong to me."

Of course, there will always be those who traffic in less-than-legal means, but Im just throwing this out as one method that is used. There are unscrupulous people out there.

Anyways, it's not entirely clear about the Scrya clan and their reasons, although Chrono said something about Yuuno not having the backing of a Scrya clan member when he was made librarian in the manga, so apparently the Scrya clan name does have some weight.

It's one of the things I'm gonna address in a future fic; got it plotted out for my "Red Jewel Diaries" series.
Yes, you have a point there but I'm sad to say that you fell into a trap. If you know any better, then you would actually TALK to Archaeologists instead in relying in what you hear from people who are not engaged in Anthropological research (which Archaeology is part of). That is a very big "no-no" in our field.

On the other hand, you are right when you said that it does not have to be in thievery fashion but then you added "rich people". You make it sound as though we were living in the 1800's (when Archaeology was at its peak). If an older and much more experience Archaeologist/Anthropologist heard what you said, you would have gotten an earful. The problem that you are having is that you are mixing facts with old tactics. Yes, we can get hire by a company to PROTECT sites/artifacts (as well as to understand them) but never to sell. Many of the artifacts that are found worldwide belong to that country and there are "wars" within the Anthropological/Archaeological communities such as the Rosetta Stone (in England) and the Nefertiti Bust** (in Germany) controversies. Please do not get me started on Reparation Laws.

But at least you are trying to answer a question but this time, TALK to people instead of using the internet. Trust me, it works wonders.

And about your "Red Jewel Diaries"...I'm looking forward to it. :3

**-I usually do not recommend Wikipedia but it was close enough to the truth...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
It's more that archaeologists dig up ancient relics to discover more about the civilization to which those relics belong, not for monetary gain. When a relic is discovered, it is generally studied extensively for a long period of time (the more unique the relic, the longer it is studied) and if memory serves, the majority don't even end up in musea at all, instead spending time in storage only to be brought out for more research.

To sell a relic merely to make money would go against an archaeologists goal of searching for these relics in the first place. They do their work to discover more about civilizations, not to find valuable objects. An archaeologist would find a tablet describing a previously undiscovered way of living for a society to be infinitely more valuable than a golden cup.

Or so I believe to recall. I can have a bit of a romantic vision when it comes to archeology.
You are right there but it's not all that great.

Quote:
Yeah, but you asked how they would make money. If they aren't attached to a university or a major organization, they would be privately funded by rich people. They'd still get to study pieces, and perhaps be allowed to donate some. But rich people would want a return on their investment. It doesn't have to be shady or bad at all.

Think along the lines of an independent contractor.

If you're familiar with Stargate, Daniel Jackson was an archeologist. But people didn't want to believe his theories, so he had problems making ends meet financially.
Quote:
Alright, don't take my word for it:
http://www.rockymountainindependent....ds-of-history/

Pierantoni, French and crew chief Huizinga are part of an archaeological crew recording a historic Anasazi relic site located along a path planned for energy exploration, somewhere in a sun-baked piñon forest near the Colorado-New Mexico border. They represent no university. They are collecting for no museum. They are paid by an independent company and are archaeologists for hire.

Truth is, the vast majority of archaeologists working in the U.S. are in the private sector.
Call them consulting archaeologists, contract archaeologists, cultural resource management (CRM) consultants or, as they often call themselves, just plain “shovel bums.”

I can dig up more links for ya, if ya want.

Edit: Actually, I wanna toss this up there for those who are curious (as I learned a few things, too): http://www.imacdigest.com/shipwrek.html

Some excerpts: Archaeology as a "science" was born out of the older occupation of Antiquarianism, which was spurred on in the late 18th century by the Napoleanic conquests of Egypt and the subsequent expansions of Western civilization during the age of imperialism into areas of ancient and exotic cultures. Many "objects" of these cultures became desirable as art (as in the Elgin marbles) and as curiosities (as in mummies from Egypt). This was considered for many years a legitimate occupation and many early archaeological observations and material come to us from this period.

During this time period colleges and universities began sending out expeditions staffed with students. This was at first met with a great deal of skepticism from the "real" archaeologists who worked in the institutions. So those universities and colleges had to show that they too were "legitimate" and added stricter protocols for the assessments of data collected at archaeological sites.

The truth is, by hiring professional archaeologists the private sector is just as competent as the universities to conduct archaeological investigations, sometimes more so. This is due to the high cost of explorations -- something that the public sector is increasingly unwilling and unable to support. The deep seas are now increasingly open to the private sector because of the new technologies available.

It's interesting to see where Archaeology came from, and that Universities actually had to fight to prove they were legitimate once. But the end result is that the private sector is actually the major source of archaeology today. And here I thought it was just a small part. I guess I learn something new every day.
Nice research (I mean it )...but you do not know the REASON behind it. Why do we work for private companies?

Two reasons:

1. Private Company's (Such as Odyssey Marine Exploration inc.):

We work for them to make sure that they don't do anything stupid with the artifacts/remains. While it is true that some "company's" do seek out remains for the monetary value, we get hire by them to help out while at the same time we "keep an eye on them". Either we help out with their so-called "dream" or watch more artifacts succumb against mankind's lack of appreciation to its past history. In other words, "damn if we do, damn if we don't".

2. Companies that are going to build upon the soil of a Archaeological Site (Mostly near the highway):

If a company is trying to erect a building and finds Archaeological remains, it is against the law not to report it because it might be an important site that could potentially be included in the National Register of Historic Places. So we come in to check it out; I know this because I work for the Archaeological Services located I live which is affiliated with the University.

What I'm trying to say that it's not so easy to understand Archaeology or appreciate it without talking with a person who works in that field. I could go on but I really don't want to derail the thread.

But this is what happens when we are called in:

Spoiler for Phases:

But...yes. We don't get a lot of money for our work so we get hired by companies (not Rich People) but if that's what someone's looking for, as well as Indiana Jones adventure then they better change career. To survive in this field, one must have these five important characteristics:

1. Passion
2. Compassion
3. Attitude
4. Knowledge
5. Patience

If you are missing ANY OF THESE, and I mean ANY OF THESE, you will fail. Do what you love and the money will follow.

If all we wanted were rich people to sponsor us to dig up insects artifacts to sell back to them, then why go through all that trouble of spending a good chunk of our life studying Archaeology? All we have to do is go to a site, dig up dinosaur bones artifacts and sell it through the black market. It would be so much simpler.

One last thing; we usually get grants that pays for our digs as well as to its workers. We also get donations from other people to HELP us protect our cultural heritage (and I mean all of mankind); never to sell.

And that's that. If you have any question's or comments, please do not hesitate to PM me. Thanks.

Now I'm going to turn back to an immature brat. :3

Quote:
Why do I suddenly want to ship Yuuno/Alavon?
First, I get paired of with RadiantBeam (not that I ever complained...) then Yuuno? @___@

Quote:
I can see it now: them getting into the shower together after a long day of digging in the dirt, and I better just stop right there
00-Raiser you perv.

Quote:
Roger that, and have fun.
Oh, I did. :3 And I'll get back to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
*facepalm*
Spoiler for NSFW:
*bursts into laughter for a good three minutes*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Heart View Post
Vivio A nun?

* RH passes out and falls down*
I actually have a fic titled, "MY GUARDIAN ANGEL" which has Nanoha as a Nun...

Quote:
*peeks in on lemon*
Spoiler for peek!:
MEANIE! >3

Quote:
Christmas was always a fun time for me. Nanoha-mama was really into the holiday, so we always had a fun time. Currently she was outside out house on a ladder I was holding for her. A string of Christmas lights were hanging from her side as she merrily stapled the cord to the house. In fact, we were both singing a small Christmas carol that was playing on the radio curtsy of Raising Heart -who now sported one red wing and one green wing in true holiday fashion. One thing about Christmas that I enjoy now that I was a teenager was that my eyes matched the holiday. Back when I was younger people would tease me about it, but now I really enjoy the fact I was 'christmasy' all the time now. Mama started climbing down the ladder and I moved out of her way so we could shift it over a few feet so she could go back up. After a playful curse to aunt Hayate about 'anti-flying laws', Nanoha-mama started climbing back up while I fed her the Christmas lights again.

Another Nanoha Christmas Story
By: Satashi

Coming soon in a Fon Filia near you!
*drools*

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE! Can't wait for the release! XD

Quote:
Nanoha: Alright we're done! Fate-chan if you would please

Fate: *grumble* how did I turn into a power generator? *zaps*
*laughs for more than three minutes and then hiccups*

Quote:
Fine, fine!

@Knight: Wanna join my harem since I can't marry you?
That'sssssss better, o Harem Mistress...

Quote:
Like I said before, PS!Vivio isn't a fic everyone will like, and I put that at the very beginning to warn people on it. I like it because I like Syn, and the story is mainly about Syn and vivio. That's why its an AU. AU means things change, which means its no longer a real Nanoha fic. In that concept, its fine. I never played it off to be a canon fic, and never intended it to be. Its an AU, not a Nanoha fic, and I never claimed it to be otherwise.

Same with Vampire!Fate, most everyone I know loves that fic, I have a crap ton of fanart for it, and get messages almost every day about it. Its still an AU and isn't really a Nanoha fic. I could change the names and make an original novel out of it.

The point is that's what the AU genre is there for. Its purposely NOT the real thing. There are different degrees of this, yeah, but like I said, that's the purpose. In this aspect, I don't consider anything wrong with Vampire!Fate
I LOVE Vampire!Fate! And you're right. Change the names and you got yourself a one hellava book!

EDIT: Damn...this thread moves fast.

@RadiantBeam: Both of them. *wink*
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 20:51   Link #20510
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post
First, I get paired of with RadiantBeam (not that I ever complained...)
You certainly weren't complaining last night.

*SHOT*

Quote:
That'sssssss better, o Harem Mistress...

Oh, boy.

Quote:
@RadiantBeam: Both of them. *wink*
.... Can't I just do a sweet flashback at the beginning and then go into the deep emotional Christmas-y stuff? ^^;;;
Old 2009-12-06, 20:56   Link #20511
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:

*SHOT*

Oh sure, I had to work last night and the harem has so much fun without me?

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 20:59   Link #20512
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Quote:

It was GREAT! Vivio would surely be jealous...
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 21:14   Link #20513
Thunderbird
IS: Liar's Mask
*Author

Quote:
Yeah she didn't call us at all *sobs* she just took Alavon and had a one on one harem

Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 21:16   Link #20514
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah she didn't call us at all *sobs* she just took Alavon and had a one on one harem
I'm willing to have one on one with any member of my harem.
Old 2009-12-06, 21:22   Link #20515
SulliMike23
Soldier of Nod

Send a message via AIM to SulliMike23 Send a message via MSN to SulliMike23 Send a message via Yahoo to SulliMike23
Well I'm not part of this harem, so I'm good.
SulliMike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 21:31   Link #20516
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Ooooooo~ Reallllly~
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 21:33   Link #20517
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
Ooooooo~ Reallllly~
Ooooooo~ realllllllly~
Old 2009-12-06, 21:39   Link #20518
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post
It was GREAT! Vivio would surely be jealous...
Quote:
Doing research for that eventual ViCia lemon?

*sniff sniff*, and she said that we're all equal in her heart!

Quote:
But we get so little time with you, sharing with so many!
Old 2009-12-06, 21:44   Link #20519
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
But we get so little time with you, sharing with so many!
Well, we could always have one big group session that lasts all night long.
Old 2009-12-06, 21:44   Link #20520
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Oh stop screwing around!

(See what I did thar? )

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha