AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-09-07, 19:07   Link #1
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

The Walking Dead (AMC Series)

Quote:
The Walking Dead tells the story of the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse and follows a small group of survivors traveling across the country in search of a new home away from the hordes of zombies. The group is led by Rick Grimes, who was a police officer in the old world. As their situation grows more and more grim, the group's desperation to survive pushes them to do almost anything to stay alive.
Based off a 2003-ongoing comic.

Will watch.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 19:40   Link #2
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Looking forward to it.
Old 2010-09-07, 19:58   Link #3
james0246

Yeah, I heard about this series over a year ago, and I have been eagerly awaiting it release since. A lot of the writers/directors of Breaking Bad (the best AMC drama, so much better than Mad Men) are working on the first season (sadly only 6 episodes), so my anticipation has only risen.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 02:11   Link #4
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Zombehs!

I wanna watch it. I'm putting it on my TO DO list.
Old 2010-09-08, 02:31   Link #5
Irkalla
I asked for this

I'm half sold on this, but I have to see the pilot to really decide if it's worth my time or just another plotless hack-slash zombie thing.
Old 2010-09-08, 03:00   Link #6
justinstrife

All I gotta say is, put me in that world during the outbreak, and I'm joining half of Texas and going on a nationwide Zombie hunt.
Old 2010-09-08, 03:41   Link #7
Qikz

I'm not really convinced by the trailer if I'm honest. I might wait to see the pilot.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 07:58   Link #8
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

If this wasn't on AMC I wouldn't even consider it but seeing as this ain't really their cup of tea, and they already have two award winning shows I'm in for the pilot at least.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 08:02   Link #9
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

any news on when this is coming out? Ive been waiting for a Zombie TV Series. too many movies.

oh.. halloween........ obviously :eyeroll:
Old 2010-11-01, 11:13   Link #10
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Who else have watched the first episode? I did and this felt great. The pacing was rather good, I can't really comment on the acting, but as far as the adaptation job is concerned, I am thoroughly satisfied by this first episode.

This series is a must see for zombie fans and people who were upset by the fanservice in Highschool of the Dead and wanted something with more drama and less anime sillyness.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 11:19   Link #11
Sides

Watched it, and i liked it. Poor pony... I wonder how much the cost is for each episode is, i mean only props alone must have cost a fortune, for a TV series.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 13:12   Link #12
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Finally it arrived. And it sure delivered. Just plain excellence and beautifully destroyed land/cityscapes...

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 14:42   Link #13
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I loved it and I was genuinely disappointed that it was only a hour and a half premiere. I thought it was a two hour debut going into it.
Old 2010-11-01, 15:11   Link #14
james0246

Very nicely done. Very few Zombie films focus on the real emotional power of a zombie in the family (what it does to the family dynamic, and what it can do to yourself as you are forced to deal with a loved one's change), or the simple pity one can feel for these ravaged creatures, but Walking Dead delivers both emotional high points quite powerfully. Damn good first episode, with very good make-up/prosthetics effects, very good acting (with some decent dialogue), and a great set-up for things to come.

Additionally, thank god the show is on at 10/9 PM and not earlier. I can now watch the Fox Sunday line-up, switch to Walking Dead, and then finish off the night with new Adult Swim shows. My Sunday vegetative state is now ensured for the next 5 weeks
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 19:12   Link #15
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

james0246 bascially summed up my feelings about the show. The best, most emotional take on the zombie theme I've seen.

AMC once again delivers a stellar series. I doubt Walking Dead will reach the quality of Breaking Bad, but I still expect great things from this show.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 20:33   Link #16
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Very nicely done. Very few Zombie films focus on the real emotional power of a zombie in the family (what it does to the family dynamic, and what it can do to yourself as you are forced to deal with a loved one's change), or the simple pity one can feel for these ravaged creatures, but Walking Dead delivers both emotional high points quite powerfully. Damn good first episode, with very good make-up/prosthetics effects, very good acting (with some decent dialogue), and a great set-up for things to come.

Additionally, thank god the show is on at 10/9 PM and not earlier. I can now watch the Fox Sunday line-up, switch to Walking Dead, and then finish off the night with new Adult Swim shows. My Sunday vegetative state is now ensured for the next 5 weeks
I agree completely. It was an excellent start, and I look forward to upcoming episodes.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 21:11   Link #17
Lost Cause

Seen it and LOVED it!! Especially the "crawler" in the park! That one just blew me away! And the emotional turmoil of the Father and son who's mother/wife had been turned really tugged at me! It's a GREAT show and finally I have something to watch on Sunday nights!
Oh, and the lead character (the sheriff) uses a revolver, at least for a while! I hope you all took note of that?

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 21:35   Link #18
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

DAMN! I MISSED IT >< FFFUUUU

what channel does it come on?

NVM i got it, channel 55 here, is it gonna come on again today?
Old 2010-11-01, 21:55   Link #19
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

The first episode re-airs Friday at 10:00 pm.
Old 2010-11-01, 22:20   Link #20
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I really wish i had knew ahead of time...

Tags
zombie apocalypse, zombies