AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-01-18, 12:13   Link #5921
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeWLWuT View Post
Oh, really? I don't think DaL's gonna go the level of NouCome craziness in choices. After all, in DaL, it's 3 choices, and the third one usually contains something perverted (Kannazuki always picks this). NouCome's got 2 choices, both with perverted or embarrassing outcomes(but it's got some good ones too). Then again, it's Ars after all, so she's in charge. It would all depend on her personality and how she would handle the poor guy.

Breimoon, who's that you're talking about? A VA?
Well guys lets be frank Date a live has already had some craziness worse then Noucome but whatever
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 19:19   Link #5922
chaotix37
Rolling Rolling Loli ♬♩
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Gamindustri
Noucome has weird shit because of unusual or even inhumane choices, that's what's makes it hilarious. But in DAL when it comes to choices, it is pretty similar whenyou are playing a VN.
__________________
chaotix37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 03:46   Link #5923
LeWLWuT
Great Failure of a Genius
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Anywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Well guys lets be frank Date a live has already had some craziness worse then Noucome but whatever
What? Can you name some?
__________________
WELCOME TO...THE MULTIVERSE!

WOULD YOU JOIN THE RIDE?
LeWLWuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 04:28   Link #5924
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeWLWuT View Post
What? Can you name some?
Most of it came during kurumi's arc. They had him going on a triple date with kurumi origami and tohka. During that same date they made him go into a lingerie shop with kurumi. Once in the shop instead of ordinary panties they made him choose the special ones (thank you for that btw still best date a live picture). Most of Date a live the choices that were available were reasonable but the crew chose the most humiliating one for him.

Noucome has a different kind of craziness then DAL. Noucome was designed so that he had 2 choices that were tough to do but he had to choose 1. You cant really compare them.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 05:31   Link #5925
LeWLWuT
Great Failure of a Genius
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Anywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Most of it came during kurumi's arc. They had him going on a triple date with kurumi origami and tohka. During that same date they made him go into a lingerie shop with kurumi. Once in the shop instead of ordinary panties they made him choose the special ones (thank you for that btw still best date a live picture). Most of Date a live the choices that were available were reasonable but the crew chose the most humiliating one for him.
They went there because of what happened earlier, the time where Shidou ask what panties Kurumi was wearing. So they had to go there. It's probably the reasons why Kurumi is liked by many. She's a temptress or something like that, going on the offensive just because the guy said something perverted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Noucome has a different kind of craziness then DAL. Noucome was designed so that he had 2 choices that were tough to do but he had to choose 1. You cant really compare them.
Actually, you can because there's a lot of similarities on the design, not to mention both are harems and based on galges. Admittedly, Noucome is heavy on the sexual content, but DaL managed to equalize that with action and lore and tech from RPGs and such things video game enthusiasts like.
__________________
WELCOME TO...THE MULTIVERSE!

WOULD YOU JOIN THE RIDE?
LeWLWuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 05:57   Link #5926
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeWLWuT View Post
They went there because of what happened earlier, the time where Shidou ask what panties Kurumi was wearing. So they had to go there. It's probably the reasons why Kurumi is liked by many. She's a temptress or something like that, going on the offensive just because the guy said something perverted..
Your right the organzation made him go there because they thought that they'd get an interesting reaction because of the scene. There were other options but they chose the extreme one they didn't have to go there necessarily. The point is why would lingerie shop be an option that seems a bit nuts. Kurumi is liked by many because unlike tohka who was pretty much a child who would do what you say easily and yoshino who was basically a scared puppy kurumi was bold and pretty much turned the tables on shidou without him realizing it. In truth it seemed instead of shidou leading her she was leading shidou. I suspect her popularity was high in the LN because of her personality the yandere aspect may have hurt it a slight bit. But after the anime Kurumi fans skyrocketed because it confirmed a fact about most yandere's. They are batshit crazy but they also have phenominal bodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeWLWuT View Post
Actually, you can because there's a lot of similarities on the design, not to mention both are harems and based on galges. Admittedly, Noucome is heavy on the sexual content, but DaL managed to equalize that with action and lore and tech from RPGs and such things video game enthusiasts like.
Ironically enough for some reason a lot of harems recently seem to follow that gal game formatting even those that aren't based on Gal games. Campione is very much a gal game format even as an LN more so as an anime. There can be argument made that Madan no Ou is set up like a gal game. As for date a live the yamai twins arc has enough sexuality to replace what you missed in the first few volumes the anime will be very enjoyable sad to say there will be censors galore for the first few episodes
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 06:30   Link #5927
LeWLWuT
Great Failure of a Genius
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Anywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Your right the organzation made him go there because they thought that they'd get an interesting reaction because of the scene. There were other options but they chose the extreme one they didn't have to go there necessarily. The point is why would lingerie shop be an option that seems a bit nuts. Kurumi is liked by many because unlike tohka who was pretty much a child who would do what you say easily and yoshino who was basically a scared puppy kurumi was bold and pretty much turned the tables on shidou without him realizing it. In truth it seemed instead of shidou leading her she was leading shidou. I suspect her popularity was high in the LN because of her personality the yandere aspect may have hurt it a slight bit. But after the anime Kurumi fans skyrocketed because it confirmed a fact about most yandere's. They are batshit crazy but they also have phenominal bodies.
She isn't yandere, you know. A yandere kills her rivals. Does she? I think like Miku, she's okay with Shidou having a harem. You probably put Kurumi in that category because she acts that way. A psychotic maiden who kills people for sustenance, something really bloody, I would suppose. And yes, she did break a lot of patterns in the LN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Ironically enough for some reason a lot of harems recently seem to follow that gal game formatting even those that aren't based on Gal games. Campione is very much a gal game format even as an LN more so as an anime. There can be argument made that Madan no Ou is set up like a gal game. As for date a live the yamai twins arc has enough sexuality to replace what you missed in the first few volumes the anime will be very enjoyable sad to say there will be censors galore for the first few episodes
Galges are popular in the country of their origin. They are games of the people, by the people, and for the people. Either with a broken heart, or a virgin one. Also, love is probably the most abundant theme in any form of fiction. It's the greatest emotion of all, though I wonder if it's really one.

And don't you worry about the censors. The BDs will compensate for that.
__________________
WELCOME TO...THE MULTIVERSE!

WOULD YOU JOIN THE RIDE?
LeWLWuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 07:09   Link #5928
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeWLWuT View Post
She isn't yandere, you know. A yandere kills her rivals. Does she? I think like Miku, she's okay with Shidou having a harem. You probably put Kurumi in that category because she acts that way. A psychotic maiden who kills people for sustenance, something really bloody, I would suppose. And yes, she did break a lot of patterns in the LN..
Yandere definition on urban dictionary. Contrary to the popular belief that it is the opposite of tsundere, it describes an anime character who is either psychotic or violent or both. Kurumi is violent she's definitely a little psycho so i'll say yandere ftw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeWLWuT View Post
Galges are popular in the country of their origin. They are games of the people, by the people, and for the people. Either with a broken heart, or a virgin one. Also, love is probably the most abundant theme in any form of fiction. It's the greatest emotion of all, though I wonder if it's really one.

And don't you worry about the censors. The BDs will compensate for that.
Believe me I know they'll have to but it'll be a feast until then

Last edited by ImperialFlameGod8190; 2014-01-19 at 08:55.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 08:38   Link #5929
LeWLWuT
Great Failure of a Genius
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Anywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Yandere definition on urban dictionary. Contrary to the popular belief that it is the opposite of tsundere, it describes an anime character who is either psychotic or violent or both. Kurumi is violent she's definitely a little psycho so i'll say yandere ftw.
Ahem. You went to urban dictionary. Bad move. So Eren Jaeger or any other edgemaster is a yandere now? The yandere definition I know of and it's probably the most accurate is that besides being infamous for being crazy killers, they kill anyone who stands in the way of their lover. Heck, they may even kill their lover for loving another. Stick to it. That one just describes the Joker. It didn't even fully describe the character, innocent-looking with a twisted nature if you get the timing right.
__________________
WELCOME TO...THE MULTIVERSE!

WOULD YOU JOIN THE RIDE?
LeWLWuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 08:56   Link #5930
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeWLWuT View Post
Ahem. You went to urban dictionary. Bad move. So Eren Jaeger or any other edgemaster is a yandere now? The yandere definition I know of and it's probably the most accurate is that besides being infamous for being crazy killers, they kill anyone who stands in the way of their lover. Heck, they may even kill their lover for loving another. Stick to it. That one just describes the Joker. It didn't even fully describe the character, innocent-looking with a twisted nature if you get the timing right.
well using your definition she still applies. Tried to kill origami and tohka for getting in her way tried to kill kotori so i'd say yandere using YOUR definition
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 09:36   Link #5931
LeWLWuT
Great Failure of a Genius
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Anywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
well using your definition she still applies. Tried to kill origami and tohka for getting in her way tried to kill kotori so i'd say yandere using YOUR definition
What? She tried killing them because they got in the way of her plan! And it was later on in the series. But she didn't do that in Volume 7. If she was yandere in the first place, she would have killed Shidou right off the bat for just being near another girl.
__________________
WELCOME TO...THE MULTIVERSE!

WOULD YOU JOIN THE RIDE?
LeWLWuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 11:20   Link #5932
Ragna92
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeWLWuT View Post
What? She tried killing them because they got in the way of her plan! And it was later on in the series. But she didn't do that in Volume 7. If she was yandere in the first place, she would have killed Shidou right off the bat for just being near another girl.
When I see her the first thing I think of is Yandere. Even if she isn't 100% one.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 12:00   Link #5933
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeWLWuT View Post
What? She tried killing them because they got in the way of her plan! And it was later on in the series. But she didn't do that in Volume 7. If she was yandere in the first place, she would have killed Shidou right off the bat for just being near another girl.
problem is its fairly clear that her plan is to eat Shidou. She's not 100% Yandere but she's probably 60% IMO
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 13:15   Link #5934
Ophis
Dragon God
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House Nį∞
I think Kurumi is closer in being Yangire than Yandere But you could say that she's a bit of both
__________________
"Now, letís open the curtains on our play.
A hell fire banquet of fear and madness, where even the ashes will be burnt to nothing!
" - One of 72 Demon Gods of Solomon, The Demon God Belial
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 13:30   Link #5935
LeWLWuT
Great Failure of a Genius
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Anywhere
Okay folks, to conclude: Kurumi is a yangire, not a yandere. Read the TV Tropes entry about it. Case closed.

Meanwhile in the 4ch, somebody updated the tree with loli Natsumi in it.

Spoiler for Now that I see it, 8 and 7 have double:


And speaking of doubles, 4 and 3 are opposing in temperature. The left and right pillars are supposed to be opposing, so that means if Kurumi manipulates time, then No. 2 could manipulate space, as I posted last time.
__________________
WELCOME TO...THE MULTIVERSE!

WOULD YOU JOIN THE RIDE?

Last edited by LeWLWuT; 2014-02-17 at 20:38.
LeWLWuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 14:07   Link #5936
Ragna92
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Here is what I found.

"Term of Yandere: Yandere is a Japanese term for a personality that is initially extremely loving and gentle, then at one point becomes deranged or psychotic, often brutally so. Yandere is a combination of the two words yanderu, meaning to be sick, and deredere, which is defined as exhausted or lovestruck.

Term of Yangire: This term, known as yangire, refers to characters who snap suddenly out of jealousy, irritation or something similar. Yangire is a combination of the two words yanderu, meaning to be sick, and kire or gire, meaning to cut, slice, or "to snap". This behavior is different from that of a yandere character in regard to the motivation that sparked the change in the character. The yandere is motivated through her love for the male protagonist,a deep insane love, while a yangire character is motivated through other characters and will not be connected with emotions of love or attraction,it would be connected with her own emotions,or other reasons thay makes her to kill that person.

Kurumi is none of them. Not a Yandere,not a Yangire. Kurumi Tokisaki is just a sadistic girl."
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 14:09   Link #5937
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Kurumi is not yandere, yangire, or sadist. She has a perfectly logical reason for what she does.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 14:44   Link #5938
LeWLWuT
Great Failure of a Genius
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Anywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna92 View Post
Here is what I found.

"Term of Yandere: Yandere is a Japanese term for a personality that is initially extremely loving and gentle, then at one point becomes deranged or psychotic, often brutally so. Yandere is a combination of the two words yanderu, meaning to be sick, and deredere, which is defined as exhausted or lovestruck.

Term of Yangire: This term, known as yangire, refers to characters who snap suddenly out of jealousy, irritation or something similar. Yangire is a combination of the two words yanderu, meaning to be sick, and kire or gire, meaning to cut, slice, or "to snap". This behavior is different from that of a yandere character in regard to the motivation that sparked the change in the character. The yandere is motivated through her love for the male protagonist,a deep insane love, while a yangire character is motivated through other characters and will not be connected with emotions of love or attraction,it would be connected with her own emotions,or other reasons thay makes her to kill that person.

Kurumi is none of them. Not a Yandere,not a Yangire. Kurumi Tokisaki is just a sadistic girl."
You know what, all this yandere-yangire business gives me a headache. And yes, she's not a yangire because she doesn't snap. Putting it simply, she's just like Joker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Kurumi is not yandere, yangire, or sadist. She has a perfectly logical reason for what she does.
Perfectly logical reason my right foot. You been following Natsumi's logic lately?
__________________
WELCOME TO...THE MULTIVERSE!

WOULD YOU JOIN THE RIDE?
LeWLWuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 14:51   Link #5939
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeWLWuT View Post
Perfectly logical reason my right foot. You been following Natsumi's logic lately?
Whose logic?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 17:53   Link #5940
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeWLWuT View Post
Okay folks, to conclude: Kurumi is a yangire, not a yandere. Read the TV Tropes entry about it. Case closed.

Meanwhile in the 4ch, somebody updated the tree with loli Natsumi in it.

Spoiler for Now that I see it, 8 and 7 have double:


And speaking of doubles, 4 and 3 are opposing in temperature. The left and right pillars are supposed to be opposing, so that means if Kurumi manipulates time, then No. 2 could manipulate space, as I posted last time.
It is far more likely 2 is Phantom so I'm betting her powers fit more in the area of mental. The twins and Natsume's powers are not related and they should be opposite by your logic. And space and time aren't opposing things.
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
click to play
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, romance, science fiction, shounen, time travel, tragedy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.