AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-03-11, 19:10   Link #8721
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Makes ya really envious of the Japanese don't ya?

Speaking of Clyde, I've always wanted to use this line for my Nanoha reboot (not the lame metafictional lolz of Movie 1st):

Wait. Let me get this straight. You want to steal lines from the Star Trek reboot... for your Nanoha reboot.

Seriously man?
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 20:13   Link #8722
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

It's Kha. What else did you expect, Shiny?
Old 2010-03-11, 21:31   Link #8723
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Better the nerdservice than the loli-fanservice they say?
Old 2010-03-12, 17:56   Link #8724
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quite different from what I usually do. This OC's purpose is still unknown. I'll probably use her for experimental light-hearted shorts with other people's OCs and some CCs, but I still think she has the potential for something serious.

Spoiler for Shadow Lynx:

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 23:08   Link #8725
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

This might interest those trying to build an original, TSAB ship.

And I shall comment that the Asura has 2 primary turbolasers and a complement of 10 laser batteries. Why weren't they shot?
Old 2010-03-17, 00:16   Link #8726
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Mostly because the Asura is an unarmed patrol vessel, not a warship.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 12:58   Link #8727
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Better the nerdservice than the loli-fanservice they say?
He has a point. :/
Old 2010-03-18, 13:38   Link #8728
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Has anyone else noticed that the visor Einheart was wearing before her fight with Nove looks an awful lot like the visors the Mariage wear?

Also, do we have strength estimates for Vivio and Einheart? I'm thinking neither of them are quite at S-rank material yet, since Nove managed to get a Double K.O. out of Einheart...

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 13:43   Link #8729
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Some Belkan thing, I dunno.

Anyways, I have a question, although spacebrotha is probably right. How might I give an OC Epilepsy and make the story work?

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 15:26   Link #8730
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

That depends entirely on what you want to use the epilepsy for.
Old 2010-03-18, 16:17   Link #8731
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Well, I'm not sure how true that is. I mean it can be both a serious thing and humor, but essentially just a weakness /handicap of sorts for a certain brash red head OC I am building. Check my story archive for Fury Tempest, anyways as Spacebrotha pointed out, militaries would not employ an epileptic soldier, but alas the TSAB ain't your usual military, so beats me.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2010-03-18, 18:09   Link #8732
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Picture this: The TSAB is willing to employ 9 year old children, a girl with paralyzed legs, several kids with psychological trauma's that would make psychiatrists sweat, a girl with potential unstable powers and let's not forget my favorite: Enemies they were fighting for the survival of the world not even a few months earlier.

Epilepsy is a minor issue by comparison.
Old 2010-03-18, 19:10   Link #8733
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

But epilepsy interferes with combat proficiency, and Hayate had the excuse that her health was returnable.

Last thing a commander wants is a person having a fit and needing a medivac in the middle of a hot zone. The rest can fight through that hot zone first.
Old 2010-03-18, 21:03   Link #8734
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Ah the point of contentions arise, how to i wield this hmm. let's theorize that the idea can work. how would i go about it?

Old 2010-03-19, 02:31   Link #8735
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
But epilepsy interferes with combat proficiency
So do all the things I listed in various ways, didn't stop the TSAB from employing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
Ah the point of contentions arise, how to i wield this hmm. let's theorize that the idea can work. how would i go about it?
Like I said, that depends entirely on what you want to use it for. If it's merely as a weakness, then have it show up at dramatic moments.
Old 2010-03-19, 03:10   Link #8736
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Picture this: The TSAB is willing to employ 9 year old children, a girl with paralyzed legs, several kids with psychological trauma's that would make psychiatrists sweat, a girl with potential unstable powers and let's not forget my favorite: Enemies they were fighting for the survival of the world not even a few months earlier.

Epilepsy is a minor issue by comparison.
Last I heard, Epilepsy was not a condition that you had the option of predicting when it will break out, let alone be controlled. Unlike your listed examples, epilepsy is not something you can negate by choice alone, so if it hits in the middle of combat...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 05:55   Link #8737
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Last I heard, Epilepsy was not a condition that you had the option of predicting when it will break out, let alone be controlled. Unlike your listed examples, epilepsy is not something you can negate by choice alone, so if it hits in the middle of combat...
...you won't be too pretty a sight, but rest assured you'll be a pretty target, so you get to die...

...half pretty. Sounds like a good deal.

And on a more serious note, I actually know people with epilepsy. It's a fair strain on normal life when it occurs chronically, but it isn't a monolithic disease - most CAN be controlled with medication, though not all very well, and some people just freaking grow out of it.

Some syndrome types have a *trigger*, though, and I guess this you can use at your discretion if you will...although one very common trigger is flashing light, which is seriously a bad idea for a TSAB operative.
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 07:23   Link #8738
arkhangelsk

Quote:
First, your OC's design. I understand you want her to be a combat type. If you want to give her such a handicap as epilepsy (I'll assume it actually shows up from time to time) and yet the TSAB uses her in combat, I recommend that you give her something nice like S-rank combat capability.

The TSAB bites a lot of bullets, but only if the mage has something to offer. If your redhair is average or a bit above average...

Another standard tactic is to make the epilepsy pretty latent - it occurs very rarely, so it is more a ticking time bomb. Your redhair fudges her way past screening, training and missions without bumping into the triggers, but she knows it is there. You can then write some nice, fuzzy stuff about why she feels to obliged to join the force anyway...
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 12:36   Link #8739
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Yeah the beam spam flashing lights thing was my line of thought when I mentioned serious/humor. Her own attacks and fast movements won't trigger it, but energy attacks with a lot of color variation might. Vivio's attacks for sure. Hmm. Thanks for the input ^^.

Old 2010-03-19, 14:10   Link #8740
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Yeah the beam spam flashing lights thing was my line of thought when I mentioned serious/humor. Her own attacks and fast movements won't trigger it, but energy attacks with a lot of color variation might. Vivio's attacks for sure. Hmm. Thanks for the input ^^.
Prismatic Spray would own her.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content