AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-07-04, 10:52   Link #241
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
and also is the game like a 18 over thing? If so direct to some pics of it in PM if you want and yeah.....so busy with farming but doing catch up on the GIFs!
Amagami was a Ps2 game, no h-scenes.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 11:09   Link #242
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post
From the looks of it after episode 1, definitely looking forward to Tsukasa Ayatsuji's story for some reason I haven't figured out yet. She just seems like a nice girl from her outward appearance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Heh... the manga wants to have a word with you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Shhhhhhhhhh
Why do I get Yandere vibes by looking at these comments?
Old 2010-07-04, 11:15   Link #243
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
For once, I too am hoping this series doesn't go overboard with the fanservice/ecchi stuff. I... would like some kids in the future to be able to look back to this series, you know
I am not really sure what about the first episode would cause people to express worry such as this. There was next to no fanservice present (aside from his bathroom fantasy, but i believe that was more to show Junichi isn't averse to fantasies of his own, rather than delivering any service ...there was very little of it anyway in that scene), so i would hazard a guess we are fairly safe on that front

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian
Wouldn't it be nice to know "what if" Tomoya ended up with each of the different girls of Clannad instead of just Nagisa? We got Tomoyo and Kyou, but it'd be nice to see the others.

Or how about Rin of shuffle?
The VNs those titles are based on are quite sufficient in answering those questions
Old 2010-07-04, 11:22   Link #244
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I am not really sure what about the first episode would cause people to express worry such as this. There was next to no fanservice present (aside from his bathroom fantasy, but i believe that was more to show Junichi isn't averse to fantasies of his own, rather than delivering any service ...there was very little of it anyway in that scene), so i would hazard a guess we are fairly safe on that front
Actually I said the same thing about ep 01 having nothing of it to another viewer here earlier in the thread, who was "hoping for more ecchiness" or something like that

Of course, It made me second guess myself, considering those... "doujins" I mentioned earlier, notably about ahem Kaoru-chan *hrg cough wheeze*
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 11:26   Link #245
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'd just like to state how I actually find it kind of sad that there are people who automatically think that when a series is based off of a VN and/or a Dating Sim, it must automatically have Ecchi in it.

In that sense, I am perfectly happy that there is very little of that here.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 11:26   Link #246
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Actually I said the same thing about ep 01 having nothing of it to another viewer here earlier in the thread, who was "hoping for more ecchiness" or something like that

Of course, It made me second guess myself, considering those... "doujins" I mentioned earlier, notably about ahem Kaoru-chan *hrg cough wheeze*

While i am not familiar with any doujins here, it shouldn't be hard to guess their content *cough* ... anyways, unless the doujin staff is put in front of writing the anime, there is likely little need for concern

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I'd just like to state how I actually find it kind of sad that there are people who automatically think that when a series is based off of a VN and/or a Dating Sim, it must automatically have Ecchi in it.
I Understand your feelings on the matter completely, but then i have to remind myself of the type of eroge these people are most likely to have had any exposition to (unless it stems from ignorance and prejudice, but that's another question), which would be the ones licensed by official companies like Peach Princess/G-collections ... and given the tendencies of the titles those companies choose for licensing, i couldn't blame most people for having a less than stellar impression of the medium. Ah well.
Old 2010-07-04, 11:36   Link #247
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Why do I get Yandere vibes by looking at these comments?
I... I didn't say anything, I swear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post

In that sense, I am perfectly happy that there is very little of that here.
It probably is a number of factors involved, such as the amount of girls, or that they're all rather pretty, or perhaps it's the potential, or the manga, or the *cough* doujins or what not. Then there was that picture posted earlier which of course raised a few blood levels here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
While i am not familiar with any doujins here, it shouldn't be hard to guess their content *cough* ... anyways, unless the doujin staff is put in front of writing the anime, there is likely little need for concern
Well the joke is that I'm rather amused by Kaoru-chan's doujin, yet I expect nothing of it in the anime. I.... will not explain the rationale behind that
Old 2010-07-04, 11:56   Link #248
Flo
The Necessary Evil

So from what I understand that it's a 26 episode anime divide into 6 Arcs, each arc consists of 4 episodes focusing on a girl and all will have the game endings of said girls.

4 x 6 = 24 episode, which leads 2 episodes free

Hmmmmmmm.....

Spoiler for How I see the episode structure...:

Spoiler for From 4chan:
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 12:14   Link #249
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

It's 24 episodes along with 6 OVA episodes (which are shorts episodes about the main girls, Haruka, Kaoru and Sae the first volume; Ai, Rihoko and Tsukasa the second).
Old 2010-07-04, 12:16   Link #250
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
It's 24 episodes along with 6 OVA episodes.
There's also a 13th Volume to be released April 20th 2011, more than likely based on the games secret character.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 12:43   Link #251
Qikz

Count me in on this train, yet another one I had no idea about. First episode was a decent watch and it should only get better, I was a bit confused about the characters but I guess as this is a VN adaptation they'll all get explained eventually, kind of like how Clannad just threw the characters there and explained them after.

Should be a good series. I'll keep up with it. ^
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 12:51   Link #252
bigdeath

Personally I'm more interested in the class president then anything else. Hoping for good things from her arc.

Wouldn't mind seeing more of that yummy freshman and more of his little sister is always a delight.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 13:09   Link #253
HandofFate

I like how each heroine's story is going to be reset and told in a new story arc for each one.

this is how VN adapations should be done.
now once the series gets furthur in, crazed supporters of certain girls will bare their fangs >_<
Old 2010-07-04, 13:19   Link #254
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

The first girl is kinda annoying me, even though she's not romantically interested, she's suppose to be a friend at the very least and she's way too nonchalant with rejecting him. On top of which she has no qualms with abusing his kindness... she's either an airhead or a bitch?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 13:39   Link #255
HandofFate

only thing that might ruin this series for me is how mopey the guy is.

if everytime he gets depressed, he crawls into his closet and cry himself to sleep, I probably won't follow it to the end, despite the pretty girls.
Old 2010-07-04, 13:43   Link #256
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post

if everytime he gets depressed, he crawls into his closet and cry himself to sleep, I probably won't follow it to the end, despite the pretty girls.
Well to be fair, he got a fairly harsh rejection at a really young age. A first date on christmas eve at the age of 13/14 where the girl becomes a no show can be somewhat traumatizing. If he was older than yeah I'll bitch slap him, but he was crushed pretty badly at such a young age.
Old 2010-07-04, 14:11   Link #257
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post

Well, I highly doubt he did this every christmas, and it's his planetarium, which I don't think was built specifically for blue days or a retreat from reality think of it as something like, his Fortress of Solitude or something, a place where even the imouto cannot enter

By the way, dates on christmas eve is pretty big over there, so being destroyed emotionally on that day isn't something light.
Old 2010-07-04, 14:26   Link #258
kujoe
from head to heel

Just asking for some clarification here.

Are the 4-episode story arcs really self-contained (as in, parallel heroine storylines), or are they just story arcs that will just somehow tie in with each other in the mysterious 13th volume? In the case of the latter, this series would end up being a cleverly disguised harem. The former is more of an anthology.

Considering that not much is really known about the last volume, I'm really wondering if the story will get reset upon completion of a heroine arc.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 14:31   Link #259
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Are the 4-episode story arcs really self-contained (as in, parallel heroine storylines)
This is how we know the story will play out so far, though it's impossible to say what the 13th volume would be, seeing as though we have no information to go by yet.
Old 2010-07-04, 14:45   Link #260
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Will one of the arcs be an incest one? Since it's fairly obvious that the little sister is a major bro-con

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen