AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 12 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 32 22.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 10.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 15.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 28 19.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 10.42%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 9 6.25%
4 out of 10 : Poor 8 5.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.39%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 12 8.33%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-02, 20:14   Link #121
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
any clarification on what kind of injury Ichika got?

I mean I get it was life threatening, but that was it.

also, yea Ichika's IS needs a bigger battery.
Everyone else seems to be 600+. Houki's max was 900. and yet Ichika tops off max at 400. And its suppose to be a unit that directly uses its energy into its atks and shields -_-
I think i heard Tabane made Byakushiki. If that is the case I'm willing to bet she made it low on purpose so that ichika would be reliant on Aka-Tsubaki's energy recharge in battle.
Old 2011-04-02, 20:19   Link #122
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Her one-off ability is to recharge energy. It's not the same as what Charlotte did when she gave her energy to Ichika at the end of the Laura fight.
Wouldn't "one-off" just mean she gets one full charge when she ostensibly goes empty? I don't think anyone mentioned unlimited energy.
Old 2011-04-02, 20:33   Link #123
Texas84
よろしく

Overall I'll give it an 8. Yes, another silly harem but good artwork and cute girls. Entertaining for the eye at least. And I confess: big Houki fan so I liked the ending. And there have been a LOT worse than Ichika. At least he manned up and fought. I would be happy to see a second season but it needs a PURPOSE. They pilot the IS just in case the occasional IS goes berserk? What is the point? Did I miss it?
Old 2011-04-02, 20:57   Link #124
triskelion
*Fansubber

Didn't Ichika go buy something at the jewelery shop?
Old 2011-04-02, 21:11   Link #125
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Wouldn't "one-off" just mean she gets one full charge when she ostensibly goes empty? I don't think anyone mentioned unlimited energy.
The show didn't explain it but a one-off ability means something that is unique to the IS / Pilot combo and pretty much amazing. Houki's is energy recharge and Ichika's is the instant kill sword.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-04-02, 21:40   Link #126
Joe88

Quote:
Originally Posted by triskelion View Post
Didn't Ichika go buy something at the jewelery shop?
they could sell other stuff besides jewelery
anyway that present was the ribbion for houki

he didnt pick the greatest time to give it to her though
Old 2011-04-02, 22:08   Link #127
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Those yandere eyes from Rin and Cecilia at the end.... I've got goosebumps now
Old 2011-04-02, 22:14   Link #128
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
The show didn't explain it but a one-off ability means something that is unique to the IS / Pilot combo and pretty much amazing. Houki's is energy recharge and Ichika's is the instant kill sword.
Houki's one off ability is not energy recharge... It's energy multiplier. Basically she can generate energy many times more than her original energy supply when she's using the one off ability. Her IS is designed with this one off ability as the basis, that's why its energy usage is so big and it has the ability to link with other IS to give the other IS energy.
Old 2011-04-02, 22:26   Link #129
Joe88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Those yandere eyes from Rin and Cecilia at the end.... I've got goosebumps now
just like in ep 9
Old 2011-04-02, 22:27   Link #130
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Houki's one off ability is not energy recharge... It's energy multiplier. Basically she can generate energy many times more than her original energy supply when she's using the one off ability. Her IS is designed with this one off ability as the basis, that's why its energy usage is so big and it has the ability to link with other IS to give the other IS energy.
In practice isn't it pretty much the same thing? Her IS generates energy which she can use to recharge other IS by giving them that energy.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-04-03, 06:12   Link #131
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

no no, she's not only refill her energy, but multiplying it, which make the IS able to fully use all her thruster available for long enough time. Basically, aka-tsubaki is very inefficient in terms of power usage, so much that it can't hold out using all of it's thruster without using her one-off ability. Basically, without utilizing the one-off ability, even with full energy, it can't maintain max speed for long enough period to be useful.

In other words, without the one off ability, aka-tsubaki is also a defect unit just like Byaku-shiki in Reiryaku Byakuya mode, high spec and overpowered without enough energy to fully used it.
Old 2011-04-03, 07:25   Link #132
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
no no, she's not only refill her energy, but multiplying it, which make the IS able to fully use all her thruster available for long enough time. Basically, aka-tsubaki is very inefficient in terms of power usage, so much that it can't hold out using all of it's thruster without using her one-off ability. Basically, without utilizing the one-off ability, even with full energy, it can't maintain max speed for long enough period to be useful.

In other words, without the one off ability, aka-tsubaki is also a defect unit just like Byaku-shiki in Reiryaku Byakuya mode, high spec and overpowered without enough energy to fully used it.
How do you multiply energy? Isn't that a complete violation of the First law of Thermodynamics?

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it was Spiral energy.
Old 2011-04-03, 09:17   Link #133
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Lol. you're expecting a magic machine that can fly and make their weapon vanish and appear as they please to follow law of Thermodynamics?
Old 2011-04-03, 09:39   Link #134
hoarfrost

Well shit, If Tabane has discovered how to break the laws of thermodynamics, then she really just might be a genius. Except that rather than using this technological breakthrough to say, generate an infinitely renewable clean energy source, she uses it to make giant robots for kids to play sports in. trollface.jpg

Did someone say multiplying energy? ( ◕ ‿‿ ◕ )
Old 2011-04-03, 11:12   Link #135
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

But... but... making robot has always been a mad scientist's dream. Just ask those super robot professors that decide to make a giant gattai robot instead of make use of all those energy and technology :P.

Well, back to the topic though, try not to think too much about about the physics behind the technology in this series. Just think of it as a mad genius scientist can make anything he/she wants no matter what the law of universe states.
Old 2011-04-03, 15:11   Link #136
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

so who was that girl with the hat in Ichika's dream?
Old 2011-04-03, 15:45   Link #137
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Byakushiki. They're all Byakushiki.

Not to say Bleach was ripped off (especially as I'm not sure it would have been the first to do that anyway...):
Spoiler for Bleach:
Old 2011-04-03, 21:32   Link #138
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Of course, Houki's final scene is in a bikini. Surprise!

The girl of Ichika's fantasy is probably Byakushiki... she was holding the Byakuya sword, clad in white armor. Shinonono Tabane (the one who put her sister's life at risk) did say Byakushiki has a will of its own, so in retrospect, her statement would support this interpretation.

Overall, all I really wanted to see was giant laser beams, swarming bullet barrages, and close sword combat. I got what I wanted. The weakest part was all the mushy stuff. Random girl (Byakushiki) appears and asks Ichika if he wants powah. Ichika responds "fight the powah!"

Then he comes to Houki. This is how it should have happened.

Ichika: Hey, I know today is your birthday, so...
Houki: What the hell are you doing here!
Ichika: Um... I came to help...
Houki: Well, you're doing an awful job. While you're busy yapping away with me, our comrades are getting shot out of the sky!
Ichika: Err... but I have your ribbon here...
Houki: Do I look like I care about some ribbon right now? You know, maybe I would... if I weren't lying on a rock with my IS toasted!
Ichika: Y-You're so mean!!! WAAHHHH!!
Houki: Get out of my damn sight.
Old 2011-04-03, 21:43   Link #139
Joe88

as I said ichika didnt select an appropriate time to give the gift
it could have been worse though knowing ichika

houki holding gospel telling him to finish it off ichika then tries to give houki the ribbon
Old 2011-04-03, 21:57   Link #140
Dahak86
Classics never age

@Deconstructor: very nice script, again.
ya know, sometimes I wish you were the actual scriptwriter...

Tags
final episode thread