AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2011-04-13, 19:35   Link #41
scraggy

Send a message via AIM to scraggy Send a message via MSN to scraggy
I have Grados SR60i. Only like 75$ and a lot better than some of that 300$ crap out there. A little uncomfortable, but i just use speakers most of the time so I don't wear them for prolonged periods of time

getunderme.tumblr.com
scraggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 11:52   Link #42
ZhangKhaiEn
張凱恩

currently playing with

C&C XO+
Spoiler:

La Figaro 339
Spoiler:

TW 03D
Spoiler:

Beyerdynamic DT990 600ohm
Spoiler:

Grado SR325is
Spoiler:

Sennheiser HD650
Spoiler:

currently saving up for:
Sony MDR XB1000
Spoiler:

AKG K702
Spoiler:

Stax SRS3170 (will probably replace the SR307 withan SR507 though)
Spoiler:

in order of planned purchase..

had other stuff but sold them or cannibalized or simply unrepairable due to lack of skill
i am not a camera otaku (no camera), nor a cellphone otaku.. (black and white nokia) so i decided not to take pictures using my laptop webcam! haha!
ZhangKhaiEn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 13:25   Link #43
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
I don't have anything too expensive for my headphones. They're easy to carry since they're ear buds and not a huge clunker. I got them for about 10 USD, the sound quality is good enough for me, and they cancel outside noise quite nicely.
Old 2011-04-16, 14:12   Link #44
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I said i wouldn't buy anything Sennheiser again, though i was recommended the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II on Sunday. I was sold the second i was allowed to preview them on my own Ipod (funny funny by the pillows ).

This shall be my next purchase in a few weeks.
You're the only person I've ever 'met' who had problems with Sennheiser XD
That pair looks pretty neat :O

Got a new Sennheiser Headset at work. I think it's this one: Clicky
I loooove it. Everyone hears me clear as crystal. Almost smooched our tech guy for getting it XD Fresh out of the box even <3
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 15:02   Link #45
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
You're the only person I've ever 'met' who had problems with Sennheiser XD
I'm using a pair of HD 238 at the moment, and upto now i've had no problems. I'll probably stick with them for a little bit longer before i buy the pair i mentioned.
Old 2011-04-16, 15:36   Link #46
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Senn HD25 are shitty portable because they're fucking huge and not at all comfy. Sound quality is not the only metric here.

The small Dre Beats (the "Solo" ones) are actually very good and rather reasonably priced. They're a lot more durable than the big Beats.

Don't hate on something just cuz it has Dr. Dre's name slapped on it. The Beats Solo are extremely comfortable and are great portable/laptop/gaming headphones.

Jays c-Jays are also quite good but tend to be bass-light and need EQing on sources with bright sound (Cowon D2, most iDevices, most Android phones). They sound great on darker sources, though (Cowon S9/J3, Sony and Sandisk players).

My AT full-size cans are basically dead. They started buzzing really bad in both drivers and I opened the cups to see if there was hair caught inside. There isn't; it's worse--there's a tiny tear in each driver. Sigh. This had to have happened after they were stolen and before I recovered them.
Old 2011-04-16, 15:39   Link #47
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Don't hate on something just cuz it has Dr. Dre's name slapped on it.
I've never done that. I'm just going by what people who work in Headphone shops are telling me, that say they have a lot of reports about them damaging easily, especially with the high price you're paying for them.

Also i'd just like to point out that probably no one here is hating on them just because of the name.
Old 2011-05-04, 06:43   Link #48
521JI

Beats pro by dr Dre

http://beatsbydre.com/products/Produ...id=B5616&cat=1
Old 2011-05-04, 07:10   Link #49
konart

Sennheiser HD 380 Pro here
Old 2011-05-07, 05:28   Link #50
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

AKG K701 and Audio Technica ATH-W1000X.

As for the Beats' reputation of breaking easy just watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZE3J...feature=fvwrel

Gave me a good laugh. *lol*
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 15:29   Link #51
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

The headphones I currently use is Bose On-Ear Headphones... While the company puts out expensive headphones for the price, they produce a good sound quality with Apple Lossless and does a good job blocking outside noises. Also, its lightweight...

For my next headphones, I will probably be getting a Sennheiser or a Grado...
Old 2011-05-16, 16:33   Link #52
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

Damn you people know alot about your headphones. I have a pair that I like because they've worked for nearly a year now without any problems (the last pair I had of these got thrown away on accident). All the others I've tried don't do that.
Old 2011-05-19, 06:45   Link #53
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

The one thing that I admit bothers me with my AKG-K701s is that the headband presses down on my head and causes discomfort after a while.

Aside from that, it seems like these sound better and better each day.
Old 2011-05-26, 01:26   Link #54
lightningfire
gamer

what i use is just usually some cheap sony headphones because i break them all most of the time anyways
It’s a matter of keeping close the pain that causes you harm
lightningfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 01:44   Link #55
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningfire View Post
what i use is just usually some cheap sony headphones because i break them all most of the time anyways
They're cheap yes, but how many pairs have you gone through? Look at it this way:

A
$20 each pair of earbuds or $30 each pair of cheap headphones
x
10-20 pairs of each that are broken
=
$200-600

B
$100-$400 each pair of good earbuds/headphones
x
1-3 that are broken
$100-1200 (If you can manage to break 3 pairs of $400 headphones within 10 years, I congratulate you.)

Let me tell you, buying high end headphones also improves build quality. Sure, you need to do some research first, like how the BOSE QuietComfort models mostly had a weak headband prone to breakage, but getting a good pair actually goes a long way. I had a pair of Shure SRH240s, and having paid over $100 for them, they lasted for 2 glorious years before my crazy drunken friend spastically stepped on them while completely wasted off of his ass. My point is, you pay for what you get.

Just a little friendly advice from me, don't take it too seriously.
Old 2011-05-29, 16:11   Link #56
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
@papermario13689: Which amp do you use with the K701s?

I've been going without a pair of full-size headphones for a while now since my AD700s died. I've been lusting over AD2000s (and put off by their $600 price tag), but I was also thinking about K601s--the sound is less bright and has better character for the kind of music I listen to. But I absolutely need an amp for the K601--however, they're not expensive, and with the same six Benjamins I could get K601s and a decent USB DAC/amp combo...

Edit: Absolutely, I can buy K601s online for around $170. With ~$400 to spend on an amp and USB DAC... easy decision!

Right now, all I have is just my Ultimate Ears super.fi 5vi headset, and they're doing triple duty right now as a phone headset, headphones for music and headphones for gaming.

A friend of mine wants to sell me his Jays c-Jays and I'm seriously considering buying them as soon as I can get a few bucks... they'd make good headphones to go with my laptop.
Old 2011-07-02, 03:39   Link #57
Animeruko
BECAUSE its moe moe!

I wouldn't worry too much about not spending a lot on headphones a decent pair of over-ears will sound great with the right amp because its much easier to get the full frequency range with headphone configurations. My first Panasonic headphones lasted me 5 years until i accidentally spilled soda on them and ruined the foam inserts and they only cost $30.

I don't use anything fancy... when I'm not doing Surround I use a pair of Panasonic RP-HTX7's and my Pioneer VSX-D812 optical from PC to Receiver.
Old 2011-08-12, 03:08   Link #58
Lenne

Quote:
Senn HD25 are shitty portable because they're fucking huge and not at all comfy. Sound quality is not the only metric here.

The small Dre Beats (the "Solo" ones) are actually very good and rather reasonably priced. They're a lot more durable than the big Beats.

Don't hate on something just cuz it has Dr. Dre's name slapped on it. The Beats Solo are extremely comfortable and are great portable/laptop/gaming headphones.

Jays c-Jays are also quite good but tend to be bass-light and need EQing on sources with bright sound (Cowon D2, most iDevices, most Android phones). They sound great on darker sources, though (Cowon S9/J3, Sony and Sandisk players).

My AT full-size cans are basically dead. They started buzzing really bad in both drivers and I opened the cups to see if there was hair caught inside. There isn't; it's worse--there's a tiny tear in each driver. Sigh. This had to have happened after they were stolen and before I recovered them.
I've heard all models of the beats line... they're nothing special and should only cost half the price they are charging.. if even that...
Headphones: AKG K701, Beyerdynamic DT990 (600 ohm), Audio Technica ATH-M-50, Shure SRH440, Sony MDR-V6, Sennheiser HD 598, Ultrasone PRO900, Beats Studio (purple) Audio Technica ONTO (pink)
Lenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 04:14   Link #59
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
@papermario13689: Which amp do you use with the K701s?
Oh my, I didn't even answer this for so long, I apologize.
I once bought a PreSonus Inspire 1394 for recording, but it's a wonderful little preamplifier that I'm using and it works quite well. Best thing is that I can plug in a guitar and play along or just plug in anything else.
Old 2011-08-12, 21:50   Link #60
Sourdough

Using AKG K240DFs. Sound so good.
Sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote