AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 94 58.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 25.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 6.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 3.73%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-06, 11:00   Link #381
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

Brera? Seriously D8?
Lolisugar girl and Slut man who wears SUNGLASSES in the classroom??

Slutman who is two times as tall;;?
Slutman who dresses way more sexily than Ranka???!?!?

I'd rather Alto if that's the case.
*shudder*

I don't think any man in the show fits with Ranka...she just looks too disturbingly young, and Luca looks...plain disturbing.
I'd actually support her more with Nanase if Nanase wasn't so...artistically and mentally stunted D8;;;
I mean seriously, compared to the awesomely cute outfits, insightful and utterly pretty Tomoyo from Card Captor Sakura makes, she doesn't DESERVE to be part of the archetype.

I find evilly sugary characters like Ranka more suited with ruffly tsundere boys more >A>
I mean, the kind that says awful mean things and openly claims you're a total and utter moron yet would...in the shadows do absolutely anything for you.
Not tall bishounen who are possibly closetted gays (...I'm sorry. Alto is more lesbian isn't he;;; ).
Old 2008-09-06, 11:04   Link #382
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalnight View Post
This has been posted before, but this series is definitely becoming like GSD.
GSD doesn't deserve to be compared to Frontier in any department IMO.

And also, Grace O'Connor > Lacus Clyne. :P
Old 2008-09-06, 11:07   Link #383
zalem

Brera is her brother. There is no chance for BreraxRanka. Kawamori isn't the type to go for incest. I can't wait for the next episode because it will once and for all kill this whole BreraxRanka nonsense.

I don't think Sheryl and Alto did anything after that scene. Maybe a kiss. That's it. There is no real evidence that they did anything more. The whole jacket thing is not evidence to me. He could have just felt like taking the damn thing off. Until I am presented with hard evidence (such as dialogue mentioning/alluding to it) then I won't believe it.
Old 2008-09-06, 11:12   Link #384
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

@zalem: I swear, if the animation crew of MF read what you've written they will be very VERY sad x_X
Not all things in the world have to be outspoken and blatant you know >_< Sometimes it's all about implied effect.

I'm not saying it HAS to be sex, but it's SHOULD raise suspicion seeing as the moment was only about 2 seconds long. There was no need for them to draw him wearing the jacket differently there- yet they did.
Old 2008-09-06, 11:23   Link #385
zalem

I've seen implied scenes done much better then that. Call me skeptical. The kiss I can believe because of the actions of Sheryl and Alto has the scene panned up, anything more I just don't. If there was more follow up evidence like Alto getting up from the floor beside her or him looking a bit more disheveled then I'd be more likely to believe it.
Old 2008-09-06, 11:53   Link #386
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
I've seen implied scenes done much better then that. Call me skeptical. The kiss I can believe because of the actions of Sheryl and Alto has the scene panned up, anything more I just don't. If there was more follow up evidence like Alto getting up from the floor beside her or him looking a bit more disheveled then I'd be more likely to believe it.
D-Boy and Aki near the end of Tekkaman Blade showed nothing more than kissing over a pot of coffee at his parents' old house and the curtain blowing in the wind, yet you knew they had sex. Hikaru and Misa kiss over the dinner table on Earth in DYRL, then Misa came up behind Hikaru in the morning and zipped up the front of her flight suit, yet you knew they had sex.

I personally don't think Alto and Sheryl had sex, but they definitely kissed. And its' not out of the realm of possibilities that they could have done the dirty deed.

Skeptical is just one of the words I would describe you, the way your posts have read on AS.
Old 2008-09-06, 12:02   Link #387
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ippus View Post
...I'm not saying it HAS to be sex, but it's SHOULD raise suspicion seeing as the moment was only about 2 seconds long.

OK, I know its not what you meant, but I lol'd when I read this and then thought about the idea of SxA having sex....

S:"...but I've waited for you for so long."
A:"I'm sorry... I don't know what happened. I must have been too excited. This has never happened to me before..."

Old 2008-09-06, 12:07   Link #388
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
gahhhh!!! where the heck are the subs???? i must've developed OCD after refreshing xyz times at tokyotosho for the past 5 hours....

Old 2008-09-06, 12:10   Link #389
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Skeptical is just one of the words I would describe you, the way your posts have read on AS.
Sorry, I believe in facts and evidence. If it's based on an implication it better be a damn strong implication that's all.
Old 2008-09-06, 12:12   Link #390
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
GSD doesn't deserve to be compared to Frontier in any department IMO.

And also, Grace O'Connor > Lacus Clyne. :P
You know whats funny, the voice actor for Shinn Asuka in GSD is also the same voice actor for Shin Kudo in Macross Zero.

Talk about irony.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-06, 12:14   Link #391
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Sorry, I believe in facts and evidence. If it's based on an implication it better be a damn strong implication that's all.
Does it even matter whether or not they kissed/had sex?

I mean they could have Alto go back to Ranka the moment she re-appears and everything that occurred before with Sherly just goes out the window.

Or Alto and Sherly would just continue right after.

Unless they release something on the likes of Kira/Fllay...
Old 2008-09-06, 12:18   Link #392
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post

I mean they could have Alto go back to Ranka the moment she re-appears and everything that occurred before with Sherly just goes out the window.
We're not arguing about which ship will win out or whether this scene will actually impact the ship, just over whether the sex occurred or didn't . As for the pairings, you're right....god knows what Kawamori will throw at us. Hopefully a cure for Sheryl and a SherylxAlto end. But it could be anything...
Old 2008-09-06, 12:20   Link #393
CeruleaFeng
2qt2bstr8 ♥♥

Send a message via MSN to CeruleaFeng
^ If I see any inkling of Ranka x Alto after this episode, I'm blowing up my computer.
Old 2008-09-06, 12:27   Link #394
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elehayym View Post
About the scene between Sheryl and Alto: errr dunno, if they kissed that's nice but I'm not really expecting them to have done anything more because Sheryl knows how her disease gets trasmitted o_o After she did so much for Alto's sake would she be so irresponsible to risk infecting him? If she did something like that it would feel a bit out of character for me honestly (and before anyone says they could use protection, even then in her place would you still take the chance of infecting him, no matter how small it could be? I wouldn't D: )
I guess the virus is not transmited by just kissing, because Sheryl already had kissed alto before.
Old 2008-09-06, 12:32   Link #395
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Quote:

I think that whether they have had sex or not, is significant. At least through western eyes it would be. I don't know how the Japanese mores play out in this situation, but I believe the attitude about sex is different from the US or Europe... Can I get a ruling on that?

After having read all the arguments about the draped jacket and putting that into the Macross context of the scene in DYRL where Misa zips up her flightsuit, I'm conceding that for SxA, the opportunity and motive were there... probably guilty as charged.

Alto has up to now shown that he's going to try to do "what's right by the girl" so to speak. So I'd find it strange for him to one night stand Sheryl and go running to Ranka when she shows up again, no matter how much she's matured. Now if there were a second season in the offing and he turns back to Ranka in 6 months time.... that's a whole different scenario. For now, I'm thinking the SxA shippers may have it "in the sack."
Old 2008-09-06, 12:33   Link #396
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I guess the virus is not transmited by just kissing, because Sheryl already had kissed alto before.
Hmm I'm not a doctor but even AIDs isn't transmissible through kissing (or at the very least the risk is low). Salivia in itself is not sufficient to transmit viruses.

Quote:
I think that whether they have had sex or not, is significant. At least through western eyes it would be. I don't know how the Japanese mores play out in this situation, but I believe the attitude about sex is different from the US or Europe... Can I get a ruling on that?
Yeah well Macross Frontier (or anime in general) is made for an asian audience, not a western audience so keep that in mind.
Old 2008-09-06, 12:34   Link #397
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyang86 View Post
He's wearing his jacket properly and then after the scene his jacket is hanging on his shoulder.
I say that pretty much clarifies the situation
they did the deed! I didn't catch the thing about the jackets just being over his shoulders.
Well, that confirms! I don't know how i missed that!
Old 2008-09-06, 12:36   Link #398
zalem

If he did have sex with her (besides having already pledged to stay by her side) and he goes chasing Ranka then he truly is an ass. There better be a damn good explanation for it....like Sheryl pushing him to go find her or something.

I still don't know if I buy this draped jacket thing as evidence of sex though. *goes back to look at screencap*
Old 2008-09-06, 12:39   Link #399
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
If he did have sex with her (besides having already pledged to stay by her side) and he goes chasing Ranka then he truly is an ass. There better be a damn good explanation for it....like Sheryl pushing him to go find her or something.

I still don't know if I buy this draped jacket thing as evidence of sex though. *goes back to look at screencap*
Well one could argue this way.

If he stays with Sherly, then you could argue that they had sex. (afterall Kira was naked but then was shown with his shirt on and such)

If he runs off with Ranka, well then you could argue that they never had sex. Though that doesn't negate the things he said and promised her.
Old 2008-09-06, 12:40   Link #400
CeruleaFeng
2qt2bstr8 ♥♥

Send a message via MSN to CeruleaFeng
Quote:
Hmm I'm not a doctor but even AIDs isn't transmissible through kissing (or at the very least the risk is low). Salivia in itself is not sufficient to transmit viruses.
You'd need to drink a gallon of saliva to get HIV. I'd assume it's the same for the V-Virus.
Closed Thread