Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-26, 18:56   Link #2401
ZingFreelancer
A horrible person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
YES!

This is awesome! You don't know how happy this makes me. I am going to have a smile for the rest of the day.

Another interesting thing I noticed is that Lelouch's siblings are not listed

Did Lelouch evacuate the palace?
If this is the case, then world will have even bigger problems on the hands. Twice as easy to blow up a conflict xD

Spoiler for For the people in "Lelouch is dead camp":
ZingFreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 19:10   Link #2402
NyxOne

Truthful words from the essential mastermind of Lelouch's fate don't equate to 'trolling'.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 19:54   Link #2403
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

I doubt the writer is trolling us. I don't doubt that it was his true intention to kill Lelouch, but then, it's SUNRISE that 'owns' Lelouch, so if they decide he's alive, he will be, of that there can be no doubt. Whether they'll convince the original staff to be on board is something different entirely.
Old 2008-10-26, 23:43   Link #2404
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
It was confirmed a while ago, but no one really listened. The whole hear no evil thing...

Someone hasn't read Taniguchi's interview from a few months back. R2 was very much so "not as planned" at the onset. Though I don't think the "just as planned" method would have helped darth's ideas because from what I've read there would have been even less Ashford and therefore even less Milly.
Prolly would have helped the show though...
Also, there was a possiblility that the Ashford students might have lived onboard an air fortress, like the Avalon. I would assume that Ashford Academy might have been destroyed, provided that Nina's bomb had worked because they were evacuating the students onto the airships. Therefore, Milly might still be around. She was Lloyd fiance, which makes the outcome quite possible. And assuming if Milly knows that Lelouch was Zero from the start, she would have been his ally, as was Shirley.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 23:46   Link #2405
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
Also, there was a possiblility that the Ashford students might have lived onboard an air fortress, like the Avalon. I would assume that Ashford Academy might have been destroyed, provided that Nina's bomb had worked because they were evacuating the students onto the airships. Therefore, Milly might still be around. She was Lloyd fiance, which makes the outcome quite possible. And assuming that Milly knows that Lelouch was Zero, she would have been his ally, as was Shirley.
Uh, no. Milly was all of twenty or so feet away. Not only would she be dead, but so would every Ashford student since Lloyd had the Avalon hovering over the school.
Old 2008-10-26, 23:50   Link #2406
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
I doubt the writer is trolling us. I don't doubt that it was his true intention to kill Lelouch, but then, it's SUNRISE that 'owns' Lelouch, so if they decide he's alive, he will be, of that there can be no doubt. Whether they'll convince the original staff to be on board is something different entirely.
Sometimes, the staff has a history of contradicting information prior to the episodes being released. Given how well Code Geass has done for Sunrise, they might give the go ahead to do another Code Geass project, which might give the staff the freedom to redo R2 to the format that it was meant to be. As long as the series is bringing in the $$$$ for Sunrise, they will let the original staff have their way. They deserved that much.
Old 2008-10-26, 23:51   Link #2407
NyxOne

When Lelouch, through official material, through the words of the writer (so much for ambiguity), words of the staff and events of the show is dead.

Yeah, totally.

And get this delusion out of your head. That interview with Taniguchi concerned the FIRST episode. And unless you're, well, dumb enough to take Taniguchi's apologies to fans as "Oh, I should have done this right" when the concept of "NOT AS PLANNED" never existed, then...well. Product of your stupidity.
Old 2008-10-26, 23:53   Link #2408
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Uh, no. Milly was all of twenty or so feet away. Not only would she be dead, but so would every Ashford student since Lloyd had the Avalon hovering over the school.
Your right about that. Glad that the her bomb didn't go off. After seeing the devastation that her successful version had caused on the Tokyo settlement, Nina changed her misguided ways very quickly.
Old 2008-10-26, 23:55   Link #2409
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
When Lelouch, through official material, through the words of the writer (so much for ambiguity), words of the staff and events of the show is dead.

Yeah, totally.

And get this delusion out of your head. That interview with Taniguchi concerned the FIRST episode. And unless you're, well, dumb enough to take Taniguchi's apologies to fans as "Oh, I should have done this right" when the concept of "NOT AS PLANNED" never existed, then...well. Product of your stupidity.
You are certainly are the Dream Traveller. And you are taking this matter way too seriously.
Old 2008-10-26, 23:58   Link #2410
NyxOne

No, I'm simply rebuking your points from what posts I've read of yours. You seem heavily inclined towards non-existant 'truths' of a 'true' R2 when the true R2 is what you watched recently.

And, well, accusing me as being another person is a pretty low blow, don't you think?
Old 2008-10-27, 00:22   Link #2411
equinox822

We've been trolled from official sources before. For now, he is dead until stated otherwise, but knowing Sunrise...

Taniguchi prepared the "ambiguity" in order to explain away his survival should another season receive the green light. Its all up to Sunrise.
equinox822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 00:33   Link #2412
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox822 View Post
We've been trolled from official sources before. For now, he is dead until stated otherwise, but knowing Sunrise...

Taniguchi prepared the "ambiguity" in order to explain away his survival should another season receive the green light. Its all up to Sunrise
Bingo.. the animators may have added it too..

he is dead....

for now

While I am sure there will be a sequel/spin off.. the only question is will Lulu be in it? I doubt it.. but we will wait and see..
Old 2008-10-27, 03:50   Link #2413
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
While I am sure there will be a sequel/spin off.. the only question is will Lulu be in it? I doubt it.. but we will wait and see..
If the staff gets to do another Code Geass project, I hope that they would follow the example of Mai Hime and do another R2 version that would restore the original ideas that was planned towards the late night audience . But that's up to the staff. To do a Code Geass series without Lelouch, going foward, will be very tough. Especially since there is so much to Britannia and the other characters that has not been addressed and would be impossible to ignore. Lelouch is the primary reason why Code Geass was successful. To replace him with someone else will be a very challenging act to follow.
Old 2008-10-27, 04:07   Link #2414
ZingFreelancer
A horrible person

It is a test of our faith.
Whether we will fight for our believes or be "dead fish in the sea" and stick to what they say.

I choose to fight for my believes xD
Old 2008-10-27, 07:06   Link #2415
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingFreelancer View Post
It is a test of our faith.
Whether we will fight for our believes or be "dead fish in the sea" and stick to what they say.

I choose to fight for my believes xD
Okouchi gave an interview, his not God
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 07:45   Link #2416
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post

Maybe, maybe not.

I would like to see Lelouch again. There are many ways to bring him back. They can even create a new hero who, through the story, will end with lelouch memories and power, for example.

But I have faith in Okouchi, and I think he could create a new badass hero.

I guess we will see c.c. again if it happens. I even think that they kept her name a secret, in case that they will do a sequel.

And I think they will do a sequel. It's sunrise and code geass is ultra popular. I just hope that Taniguchi and Okouchi will accept to be in charge of the sequel if Sunrise asks them to do it.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 08:37   Link #2417
NyxOne

Well, good luck, when Lelouch was practically the one character that made Geass popular. It'd be Raiden Syndrome all over again.
Old 2008-10-27, 10:16   Link #2418
ZingFreelancer
A horrible person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Maybe, maybe not.

I would like to see Lelouch again. There are many ways to bring him back. They can even create a new hero who, through the story, will end with lelouch memories and power, for example.

But I have faith in Okouchi, and I think he could create a new badass hero.

I guess we will see c.c. again if it happens. I even think that they kept her name a secret, in case that they will do a sequel.

And I think they will do a sequel. It's sunrise and code geass is ultra popular. I just hope that Taniguchi and Okouchi will accept to be in charge of the sequel if Sunrise asks them to do it.

New hero?
I think you need to see your shrink.

At any rate, it is not impossible to create a new hero, it is alos quite likely. But then it will be like rewriting everything Lelouch did.
They will probably need to go trough a lot of the same shit we seen in R1 and R2. Repeating things = MEGA BORING.

We need evolution for this show, not radical changes of everything, just enough to keep it fresh.

For example.
How many anime feature immortal lovers?
How would immortal lovers relationship be?
Will they have quarrels?
How will C.C. who forgotten how to be human react to jealousy?
Old 2008-10-27, 10:18   Link #2419
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

maybe i'm in the minority but if there is sequal big if (I don't think it will happen)
I believe almost 100 percent that Tanaguchi doesn't want to do it.
I think Tanaguchi didn't want to do this season but saw it through despite the change in direction.
I think he's done. he did what he wanted to do.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 10:26   Link #2420
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingFreelancer View Post
We need evolution for this show, not radical changes of everything, just enough to keep it fresh.

For example.
How many anime feature immortal lovers?
How would immortal lovers relationship be?
Will they have quarrels?
How will C.C. who forgotten how to be human react to jealousy?
...Lelouch is dead you know ?
(And I will spare you my wall about "where do you see lovers ?")

They should do a Code geass fumoffu; I read this idea quite a lot and it will be funnier than a new serie :P

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote