AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-19, 11:35   Link #21
ctrl-z
Un Nuovo Mondo

Fans of the manga seem to ignore the first OVA (I"s - From I''s)... I didn't really like it, having read the manga first.

This new OVA seems to suit the manga better, for sure. First installment impressed me in terms of cleanliness of art and the character voices.
Old 2005-12-20, 03:43   Link #22
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

I definitely liked I''s Pure, agreeing with many who have mentioned the awesome animation quality. The voices are good, and the recap of the manga was done well. It is too bad they've decided to make it last only 6 episodes, because the manga storyline was soooooo intense and breathtaking at several points. Hopefully, the transferring of those moments into animation will be extremely good. Episode 1 was awesome!
Old 2005-12-20, 09:05   Link #23
beansprouts
五月天

I just watched episode one, and I must say the animation is great!! I love the facial expressions, they are so well done. The ecchi bits were classy enough to not put me off, usually I don't watch animes ecchi related, but I think I am hooked after the first episode. Now I even want to read the manga, heh.
Old 2005-12-20, 15:48   Link #24
Gears

anyone know what is the opening song name?
or any webside can download the song?
Old 2005-12-20, 17:20   Link #25
ZODDGUTS

Finally watched the OVA and it was better than expected I was worried that it would be too condesence that it would turn out bad but thankfully it didn't. My only complaint and anyone who may have read the manga may agree with me is in the scene there suppose to plan out something for the freshmen welcoming party. In the OVA it comes out odd as to why his acting a bit of a jerk to Iori when he likes her alot but in the manga it makes sense because you can hear his thoughts he doens't know how to act around with her and is very nervous that's why he acted that way towards her in that scene.

But other than that the OVA was really great I already have a feeling as to where there going to end it and I think it's a good spot to end it at. Too bad we won't see the diffculties the relationship will go threw after they hook up. Hey maybe if it sells well enough maybe tell make more episodes yeah I know wishful thinking but you may never you it may just happen.

Would have really loved for I''s to be turn into a TV series instead but it has been over five years since the manga ended and by Japanesse standards it's considered "old" so I guess the animation company that's doing I''s is playing safe by doing a OVA series instead.

Hope Katsura's current work that his working on Zetman also gets animated but it's a bit too soon for that since there's only six volumes currently.

Also one more comment loved the opening song and the style they used very umm artistic.
Old 2005-12-20, 17:58   Link #26
Kainy
One fuzzy bunny

I really wish that just one love drama anime main character could not be a complete f@$#ing pervert/meatstick.

This series has some kind of hope of going along those lines... but even in the first episode the main character has failed me. Oh well.. he does seem to be a pretty cool guy, and Iori seems like an interesting character as well. I'm definitely watching this.
Old 2005-12-20, 18:24   Link #27
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainy
I really wish that just one love drama anime main character could not be a complete f@$#ing pervert/meatstick.

This series has some kind of hope of going along those lines... but even in the first episode the main character has failed me. Oh well.. he does seem to be a pretty cool guy, and Iori seems like an interesting character as well. I'm definitely watching this.
Well Ichitaka does fantasize about Iori becuause he wants her really bad basicly Ichitaka is like any typical boy at his age as you said he is a good guy but defineatly not a pervert meatstick like other idiot main characters in shonen love/romance anime, now teratani his a pervert/meatstick lol.
Old 2005-12-20, 18:41   Link #28
misakichii

well i just watch it the other day and it was very good. does anyone knows how many episode there are?
Old 2005-12-20, 19:07   Link #29
ZODDGUTS

It's supposed to be six episodes long, one episode per month in release so the next episode will come out in January.
Old 2005-12-20, 20:47   Link #30
misakichii

aahhhhhhhhhh! are you serious?! that's just too long. one episode per month. january? man, that's just tooo long.

Last edited by misakichii; 2005-12-20 at 20:52. Reason: no particular reason
Old 2005-12-20, 21:42   Link #31
h2o2shadow
[AR]

personally, i am an I'S fanboy

:P

the manga was great ( which i read about 7-8 years ago) still can't forget that touching plot

this OVA was a pretty good one anyway, the first one was horrible BTW -_-;;

overall, i will rate this OVA as 9/10

hopefully you all like it too

and also, yes, according to the official website and many other sources, this OVA will be released as DVD, one episode per month

one more point to mention, this time the I'S pure DVD sale price is way higher than the other DVD releases( such as prayers, Mutto), why? nobody knows, maybe this manga is so successful, and ppl still would pay for that much for it

:O
Old 2005-12-20, 22:27   Link #32
Doyrena
..:Kozue-chan:..

Send a message via MSN to Doyrena
well, i loved I''s from the manga. i watched the previous OVA, which is garbage.
but this pure ones is better...

hope is not to be like the previous OVA...

cheers!
Old 2005-12-21, 01:39   Link #33
aikming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gears
anyone know what is the opening song name?
or any webside can download the song?
Track listing here.
http://www.ulf.co.jp/DOMESTIC/is-pure/
you can buy from Yesasia or play-asia.
Old 2005-12-21, 07:15   Link #34
pongie

Send a message via ICQ to pongie
Is the ova from a few years ago still available or has it been licensed?
Old 2005-12-21, 14:56   Link #35
Doyrena
..:Kozue-chan:..

Send a message via MSN to Doyrena
Quote:
Originally Posted by pongie
Is the ova from a few years ago still available or has it been licensed?

i think its still available here in animesuki... but dont bother downloading though...
Old 2005-12-25, 03:25   Link #36
PsychItsMike

Send a message via AIM to PsychItsMike
This OVA is suprisingly good. I thought it would be a typical boy goes unoticed by girl hes likes and some how gets closer yada yada but I just fell in love with the story. I wish it was longer though X_X
Old 2005-12-25, 06:14   Link #37
providence
!!!

As a huge fan of the manga, this ova gets a thumbs up
Old 2005-12-25, 07:00   Link #38
Mephisto2k
anime4life

the ova1 as very enjoyable for me.
Sometimes i cant look an episode streight through because i have to reconsider my thoughts and emotions or something like that and then i just have to push the pause-button.
It was like this when when she picked up her own faked nudepic that fell out of his notebook, just after she accepted his apology.
You know that feeling when you go like "OMG now its over" and you feel embaressed about something too the characters feeling embaressed about?
Old 2005-12-25, 13:11   Link #39
PsychItsMike

Send a message via AIM to PsychItsMike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephisto2k
You know that feeling when you go like "OMG now its over" and you feel embaressed about something too the characters feeling embaressed about?
Yeah! I had that feeling at least twice. I was like Oh God! Stupid! when she found the picture and when he missed hitting the guys with the broom. Its like how do you miss a group of like 12?
Old 2005-12-25, 20:47   Link #40
yuwing
mr. panty thief

HUGE HUGE HUGE manga fan myself as well!

I can't wait to see this ep (downloading!)

I've read the manga 4-5 years ago and i just started to read it again.

hope the anime is just as awesome as the manga

I LOVE ITSUKI-CHAN!
(2nd: IORI-CHAN!)

manga cover:
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, romance