AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-27, 13:03   Link #301
psycrop

this series is gonna get its own forum soon just for one episode.
psycrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 13:42   Link #302
N-Bomb
King of Braves
*Fansubber

I think people need to understand that this is just a teaser episode, almost.

The real Ep 1 in april will be a few minutes shorter, and some of the footage from this may not show up in it.

Let's also remember how shows can change in more than one episode. I want Alto to become a good character, and the potential is there, but they could also screw it up.

My feeling is that Ranka will end up being important in this show somehow, more than just a cute sidekick, maybe another Idol. She obviously has a good voice, and the character is 'cute' and all that garbage that some fans adore.

Finally, don't be surprised if some cameos happen. I wouldn't expect anything major, because that would steal some of this original story's thunder, but knowing anime these days, I would count on SOMETHING.

@4tran:
It's probably not a replica but a franchise or chain... that's my take, anyway.
N-Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 13:50   Link #303
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Macross 7 first ep or the first ep Macross 7 Encore I think.

Four years after it's launch in 2012.

Since the expedition disappeared with Hayase, Hikaru and Minmay it's a plot hole in Macross 7.

I remember the gossip ep of Macross 7 where it was rumored that Nikki Basara was in fact the illegitimate son of Hikaru and Minmay. Funny

Spoiler for image SDF-2 Megaroad-01:

Shown in Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Flash Back 2012
OVA of Macross songs with epilouge footage.
Basically Minmay's last concert as they leave Earth.

Now what is so significant about where Macross Frontier is that it is where Megaroad-01 was lost.

Megaroad-01 lost all communication with Earth after four years since it's maiden flight.
I never saw it as a plot hole for Macross 7 as it just background info but not important to the show itself.

Personally i rather they leave the mystery alone and never reveal what happen to Megaroad-01.

Hopefully Shoji Kawamori doesn't get too preachy in the New Macross. His ruin preachness ruin Arjuna for me
Old 2007-12-27, 13:54   Link #304
silicondrifter82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
I never saw it as a plot hole for Macross 7 as it just background info but not important to the show itself.

Personally i rather they leave the mystery alone and never reveal what happen to Megaroad-01.

Hopefully Shoji Kawamori doesn't get too preachy in the New Macross. His ruin preachness ruin Arjuna for me
it's hard to leave it alone considering the fact that the Macross Frontier is heading to the exact same point as to where the Megaroad was heading and was lost. I believe we will experience a full circle here with the similar storylines coming to a common point.

Very exciting imo.
silicondrifter82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 14:07   Link #305
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

After watching this again a few times I can say I orgasmed several times, I just hope it wasn't premature

It is great trying to spot all the stuff from the other series, its like looking out for spoofs in HnG but them not being spoofs...

If I remember correctly combat in the Macross universe is very missile intensive so that means that they are in a big pile of dog doo doo....
Old 2007-12-27, 14:12   Link #306
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Pretty good episode and lot of homage to other Macross series. So far this had two out of three elements of Macross. Song, and Valkryie. All it is missing is a love triangle, which we will probably see that soon in near future. Though the enemy remined me of Aerogator, Megillot. I think it's pretty good start and hope to see character from other Macross like Basara or Max (wonder if he aged at all).
Old 2007-12-27, 14:21   Link #307
silicondrifter82

I think you really have to look beyond everything else to see how the story begins to intertwine itself with the original. It's like experiencing a familiar story in a different lifetime. It's quite beautiful if you really look at it.

btw, the blonde hair guy with he glasses = possible Max Jenius wingman? and

the short chibi with the green colors on his jump suit =Hayao Kakizaki?
silicondrifter82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 16:15   Link #308
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Juruyoku hanpirei kazan mitai ni hikaru FEEL (A feel that shines like a volcano in inverse proportion to the galaxy.)
kimi ha shitten'no? wastashi no BEATING HEART (Do you know my beating heart?)

mousou no GALAXY suberi ochitara POISON SLEEP (A galaxy of fantasies; slip and you're in a poison sleep,)
nanokusenkou daitan na kiss de (Cross over a trillion light years.)

tobikoero narapeko na no (with a bold kiss; I'm hungry,)
tsugi no STAGE ni ikimashou (Let's go to the next stage.)

mottekkei! ryuusei chirashite DAYS (Take it! those days when you scatter the meteors,)
koko de jibun no FIGHT (This is your fight, right here.)

XTC korogashite yo (Burn through The XTC,)
tondeike kimi no mune ni SWEET (Fly, sweet, into your arms.)

omakase shita SIGN (The sign I left you,)
motto yoku shite ageru ageru (I'll make it even better, better for you.)

IT'S A COME ON DON'T BE LATE!

(thanks again to the folks at ShinsenSubs)
pinoy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 16:49   Link #309
Noran
Musouka

Location: In a peaceful, serene place at night, watching the beautiful stars twinkle in sight
Send a message via AIM to Noran Send a message via MSN to Noran
Wow, besides the beginning, I thought it was a very good episode! I'm a huge Robotech/Macross fan. When I first started listening to the ending song, it made me feel so... something, that I started to sweat as I was singing along. I'm hoping the opening is good as well. I can't wait for the next one!

Noran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 17:57   Link #310
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noran View Post
Wow, besides the beginning, I thought it was a very good episode! I'm a huge Robotech/Macross fan. When I first started listening to the ending song, it made me feel so... something, that I started to sweat as I was singing along. I'm hoping the opening is good as well. I can't wait for the next one!
The Ending was writing by the Original Minmay (Mari Iijima).

Try looking for the Full ver Perform by Mari Iijima on youtube. it will knock you socks off.
Old 2007-12-27, 18:44   Link #311
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
HOLY HARUHIIIII!! %$&$^$&^&$&%*$%^"^"!!!!£$"

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSS!

XD

Absobloodylutely fantastic first episode!!

*orgasm over the vf-25*

I.m iiiiiinnnn LLOOOOOOVE!!

Can't wait for ep2!!

Love you macross! I've been missing you for such a long time. *sniff*

p.s: that lunka bloke was right to shout at the singer, minmay or basara would of kept the show going!

Go minmay/Basara!

p.s.s: Down with the Heathen Robotech infidels! long live the pure macross universe!!

Old 2007-12-27, 18:54   Link #312
Onibur
(ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-Bomb View Post
I think people need to understand that this is just a teaser episode, almost.

The real Ep 1 in april will be a few minutes shorter, and some of the footage from this may not show up in it.
Is this right? Say it ain't so.
Onibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 20:15   Link #313
Noran
Musouka

Location: In a peaceful, serene place at night, watching the beautiful stars twinkle in sight
Send a message via AIM to Noran Send a message via MSN to Noran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
The Ending was writing by the Original Minmay (Mari Iijima).

Try looking for the Full ver Perform by Mari Iijima on youtube. it will knock you socks off.
Oh I know where the song was from and I love the original . I just for some reason, started sweating after watching the ending.

Noran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 22:31   Link #314
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
That was a great first episode. I don't really have complaints about it. It's great to see Macross make a comeback like this considering the last TV series they made was Macross 7 (which I loved :P)

Although I would like to see some cameo appearance of characters from other series...like Basara or Max
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 22:46   Link #315
Skane
Anime Snark

Question

I'm a little confused here. People are talking about how Macross Frontier is going to land up where Megaroad-01 is, but according to the starmap, their routes do not intersect at all, and the distance between their end-points is humongous. If anything... they're going off in totally opposite directions.

Explain?
Old 2007-12-27, 23:04   Link #316
W.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
After decades you'd think they would implement pin point barrier system for mecha mass production.

Heh must be expensive.
It is, but the mass production models of the YF-19 and YF-21 still had pin point barriers, the only downside was to save power they only activated when under attack, only while in Battroid mode, and only on the shield. So they're fine as long as they actually make an effort to block. The VF-17 was developed too early to get them and I guess they didn't even bother putting them on the VF-171. What I'm wondering is whether the VF-25 has them.

I'm betting the VF-171 is going to be phased out completely after this debacle and replaced with the VF-19 for the regular troops, and more VF-25s and 22s built for the elite squadrons.
W.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 23:05   Link #317
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Alright, gonna post on this side too.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1869399
Hatsune Miku singing the Nyan-Nyan TV CM song.
Whoever made this, good job.
Old 2007-12-27, 23:23   Link #318
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
I'm a little confused here. People are talking about how Macross Frontier is going to land up where Megaroad-01 is, but according to the starmap, their routes do not intersect at all, and the distance between their end-points is humongous. If anything... they're going off in totally opposite directions.

Explain?
Megaroad-01 lost all communications near the center of the galaxy, their destination point on 2016, 4 years after their departure.

Macross Frontier is going there as well, via a different route.

Different routes, same destination. However, personally I wouldn't put my money on seeing Megaroad or the old cast again, considering that I recalled Kawamori once said that with the death of Hikaru's seiyuu, Arihiro Hase who commited suicide, their story is done.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 23:39   Link #319
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by onibur23 View Post
Is this right? Say it ain't so.
Yes, it will start airing only in April. And note that this broadcast is almost 27 mins with only an ED. A normal TV broadcast is 24 mins with both OP and ED includued.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 23:56   Link #320
RamzaOwns
GUN道奥義 「賢者の舞」

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg View Post
Yes, it will start airing only in April. And note that this broadcast is almost 27 mins with only an ED. A normal TV broadcast is 24 mins with both OP and ED includued.
SDF is around 25:30 mins for each ep, could be old broadcast time standard...

btw, didnt basara leave the group at the end of macross 7, which is the start of the ovas, save the whales etc.

would there be a chance for him to travel into macross frontier
RamzaOwns is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, romance