AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-15, 09:52   Link #15461
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Define 'real enemy' ? There were a number of Russian magicians revealed.

And if we were to get technical, she's no longer with them anymore.
Old 2011-12-15, 11:15   Link #15462
ovum
...Is a lightning bolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Funny... I remember my priest telling it's ok to use one...
"Just to be on the safe side..." he says.
Well the odds are that the pope is quite a bit more fanatic than a local, using 2 local priests of my own as a example where one is a gun fanatic and the other likes likes heavy metal.

Hm, I am hoping that Kamachi includes Emanuel Swedenborg soon because that guy is perfect for the Raildexverse seeing as he claims he found a way to communicate with Demons from hell and Angels from heaven.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emanuel_Swedenborg
(Just me hoping for a local figure to show up)
sól valtiva.
-Surtr, fiery giant of Múspell
Old 2011-12-15, 11:48   Link #15463
classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Define 'real enemy' ? There were a number of Russian magicians revealed.

And if we were to get technical, she's no longer with them anymore.
Who was revealed? Sasha? She never was an enemy. We all know that it was Gabriel.
Vasilisa? We can say that in WW3 she was an ally to Academy City. She fighted only against Nikolay and other unnamed freaks.
Who else?
Under "real enemy" i meaned that she is not a crowd of extras who were defeated by Accel. She has an artwork, a design and may be her character will be more revealed later.
Old 2011-12-15, 11:59   Link #15464
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Got NT3.....

Now soaking in Levinia's awesomeness....

Why do I get the feeling....that those cams are connected to UNDERLINE....?
Old 2011-12-15, 13:43   Link #15465
Miraluka
Banned

Because Aleister has made us fall into suggestion.
Old 2011-12-15, 14:41   Link #15466
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
More like accidental spoiler release, if you ask me. It felt more like C2F was speculating (I know he reads Chinese, not Japanese) while Shmaster inadvertently let the cat out of the bag...

Anyway, you guys, please don't confirm/deny the speculations until the full translations are out(which is why I'm not adding to this)...

Again, as a reminder, NT4's coming out in March.
Sweet We get in 3 months then a bloody 6 month gap period
Old 2011-12-15, 15:26   Link #15467
amatakamata
4koma and web manga fan

Quote:
Huh? Isn't that one with the grown up Last Order.... As in an older version of Last Order with long hair and they were at this park when they started discussing marriage.
That would be 幸せ家族化計画! by Ohagi. Sumeragi is probably referring to the online novel 「いい子にしてたかァ?」 ― 結婚しようか? by ジョウコ that already spawned at least 2 doujin.
Old 2011-12-15, 15:50   Link #15468
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatakamata View Post
Sumeragi is probably referring to the online novel 「いい子にしてたかァ?」 ― 結婚しようか? by ジョウコ that already spawned at least 2 doujin.
That's included, although I'm more focusing on ココアホリック's doujinshi 壊れモノにつき、 and others like it.

BTW, who keeps track of all the fan couplings? Accel x Mikoto is 電磁通行.
Old 2011-12-15, 16:33   Link #15469
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic View Post
Who was revealed? Sasha? She never was an enemy. We all know that it was Gabriel.
Vasilisa? We can say that in WW3 she was an ally to Academy City. She fighted only against Nikolay and other unnamed freaks.
Who else?
Under "real enemy" i meaned that she is not a crowd of extras who were defeated by Accel. She has an artwork, a design and may be her character will be more revealed later.
Like I've said I'm pointing out she's not longer working with them so you still haven't seen a 'real enemy' from them.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-12-15 at 17:44.
Old 2011-12-15, 18:04   Link #15470
Miraluka
Banned

If Birdway wants to drink some Cinderella, whats wrong with that?
Old 2011-12-15, 20:09   Link #15471
djmaca
My Girl ↓

LOLZ at the latest translated parts: So GREMLIN's main line of magic has something to do with morbid fairytales eh? Cinderella was morbid because in the original version the sisters had to cut their toes and some par of their feet to have it fit the glass slippers....

and about the Leshy....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leshy

When my mom told me this version of Cinderella, I was thinking like "SHIT, mom! That's disgusting!"....

Now all we need are Brownies, Trolls(fairytale kind of trolls), Elves, doppelgangers and such like the witch in "East of the Sun and West of the Moon"...
Old 2011-12-15, 21:20   Link #15472
Twi

Quote:
LOLZ at the latest translated parts: So GREMLIN's main line of magic has something to do with morbid fairytales eh? Cinderella was morbid because in the original version the sisters had to cut their toes and some par of their feet to have it fit the glass slippers....

and about the Leshy....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leshy

When my mom told me this version of Cinderella, I was thinking like "SHIT, mom! That's disgusting!"....

Now all we need are Brownies, Trolls(fairytale kind of trolls), Elves, doppelgangers and such like the witch in "East of the Sun and West of the Moon"...
Well, all fairy tales were meant to tell a lesson. They didn't have to be nice.

The original little mermaid turned to bubbles after losing everything and is floating around as an Air spirit for all eternity, except when someone added in that whole good child, bad child thing.

Leshys remind me of a similar norse creature...but I can't remember which one?
Old 2011-12-15, 21:30   Link #15473
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Well, all fairy tales were meant to tell a lesson. They didn't have to be nice.

The original little mermaid turned to bubbles after losing everything and is floating around as an Air spirit for all eternity, except when someone added in that whole good child, bad child thing.
To be fair that's actually better than her former existence....
Old 2011-12-15, 21:41   Link #15474
Miraluka
Banned

It seems nobody got the joke from Vol.02 Chapter 2.... ;_;

Btw, Leshy looks like a druid (?).

Is there any other creepy/cool fairy tale?
Old 2011-12-15, 21:46   Link #15475
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
To be fair that's actually better than her former existence....
Being a mermaid was that bad? (Not really that familiar with the whole tale, just the bad ending)

Hunchback of Notre Dame was also child-friendly altered, and Pinocchio too I think.

Anyway, if she 's playing with people by gambling control, is it passive enough that they don't realize it, or that they're trapped in their own bodies?
Old 2011-12-15, 22:12   Link #15476
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post

Is there any other creepy/cool fairy tale?
What did you think actually happened to Hansel and Gretel's witch? Basically the origin stories of all these fairy tales usually have a dark twist but they've been sugar-coated over the years so that we don't recognize them.

For more details it wouldn't hurt to watch some Silent Hill walkthrough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Anyway, if she 's playing with people by gambling control, is it passive enough that they don't realize it, or that they're trapped in their own bodies?
Cendrillon didn't seem to register that she had just stabbed herself in the coconut until the spell released her.

Quote:
One magician using a fairy tale doesn't make it a 'main line', they're still more incline to Scandinavian-European in nature.
Old 2011-12-15, 22:24   Link #15477
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
One magician using a fairy tale doesn't make it a 'main line', they're still more incline to Scandinavian-European in nature.
That's why my second sentence includes creatures that are common in Norwegian-North European myths. Scandinavian and Norwegian folktales happen to be a small interest of mine.... And I find most of them morbid: Giants with no hearts, bursting trolls, etc.

@Twi
Meh, a magician using the Little Mermaid as a base of her magic would be Water/Wind type....

That would be cool...
Old 2011-12-15, 22:43   Link #15478
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
That's why my second sentence includes creatures that are common in Norwegian-North European myths. Scandinavian and Norwegian folktales happen to be a small interest of mine.... And I find most of them morbid: Giants with no hearts, bursting trolls, etc.
Fair enough; personally I was hoping Gremlin would be a little more multicultural iykwim - stuff like Norse or Greek (for eg.) have been rather overused in many stories... But that's just a minor concern.
Old 2011-12-15, 22:47   Link #15479
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Got NT3.....

Now soaking in Levinia's awesomeness....

Why do I get the feeling....that those cams are connected to UNDERLINE....?
You are quite close my flower, but not exactly.
Old 2011-12-15, 23:01   Link #15480
Twi

Quote:

@Twi
Meh, a magician using the Little Mermaid as a base of her magic would be Water/Wind type....

That would be cool...
I actually took an interest in Norse Mythology after seeing Stiyl for the first time in the anime, in fact it's the basis for me going into writing and has dyed all of my stories.

And actually that would be cool....hello next fanfiction enemy!!!

Quote:
Fair enough; personally I was hoping Gremlin would be a little more multicultural iykwim - stuff like Norse or Greek (for eg.) have been rather overused in many stories... But that's just a minor concern.
Well, it's not like the author can suddenly split from his bread and butter can he? He at least partially studies the myths he throws up I think, so he had to expand from there.

Although, a Kalku might be interesting.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen