AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 54 33.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 54 33.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 15.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 9.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 3.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.61%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 3.07%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-12-10, 04:29   Link #181
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
Youre the guy who called him a pyschotic killer, now youre telling me that i called him that? im not agreeing being a pyschotic murderor or being gay is prioritically normal. Youre telling me its good for Tiera to be gay and a pyschotic killer. Im telling you that youre priorities are all mixed up with star trek and apartheid nonsense that has no relativity to the topic at hand. I dont think you have any liking for Tiera anyway, why do u care so much.
Dude, friendly suggestion, just quit while you're ahead. Seriously, it will be best for all.

I don't mean to seem like I'm ganging up on you here, but your posts seem to be the ones whose priorities are are out of whack and full of nonsense. Take a look back and see what it is you are saying. Does this really seem all that important given what is going on in the show? If so fine, but keep in mind you are way off base with me and just about everyone else on this board. That does not match up with the norm you are claiming to have in this argument compared to Vallen.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 04:29   Link #182
Honey_and_Cleaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Okay now your not making sense.

Forgive me if I don't agree that making a character gay in an anime automatically wastes all their potential. Have you by any chance seen or read a series called Gravitation? Is this series automatically awful because of the sexual orientation of the main characters in the series?

So you're saying a character can have all the development and great writing and dialogue in the world, but if he's gay then that neutralizes all of that? Reinhard Von Lohengramm comes to mind as a metrosexual leaning on the side of homosexual (with Kierchies) character that I've found has some of the greatest writing and depth in the history of anime, but by what your saying that shouldn't matter at all?

Also I still think discrimination against a fictional character belies "real life" discrimination against homosexuals, but I don't really want to get into that kind of discussion here as this isn't a political forum.
Well i have simply one reason, simply because this characters are good and i think that theyre better than some useless male harem lead, and i think they deserves girls better than the harem ones do. Metrosexuals arent leaning to gay side, i know people who are metro and have girlfriends. I dislike this discriminative idea like they do. Some guys are born with feminish touch but doesnt make them gay. Even hairy men macho men are gays than guys looking like girls.

Well i watched Gravitation and i quit watching it.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 04:32   Link #183
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
Youre the guy who called him a pyschotic killer, now youre telling me that i called him that? im not agreeing being a pyschotic murderor or being gay is prioritically normal. Youre telling me its good for Tiera to be gay and a pyschotic killer. Im telling you that youre priorities are all mixed up with star trek and apartheid nonsense that has no relativity to the topic at hand. I dont think you have any liking for Tiera anyway, why do u care so much.
I have little liking for Tieria, true. But making him gay would have changed nothing for me because his orientation has no relation to him being a horrible human being.

What I am asking, is why you don't find Tieria's psychotic activities repulsive at all? Isn't his violent behavior immoral by all standards? He is a horrible person, yet you are okay with that. But you are not okay with him not dating a girl?
Old 2007-12-10, 04:41   Link #184
Honey_and_Cleaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I have little liking for Tieria, true. But making him gay would have changed nothing for me because his orientation has no relation to him being a horrible human being.

What I am asking, is why you don't find Tieria's psychotic activities repulsive at all? Isn't his violent behavior immoral by all standards? He is a horrible person, yet you are okay with that. But you are not okay with him not dating a girl?
I dont think u like him at all. What does he do thats so repulsive. He points a gun at Setsuna? He looks down on the other Meisters? He doesnt tolerate japordizing the mission with stupid selfish acts? Because he the only guy killing people in this series? He doesnt get angry at people dying?

As of now, we dont know why he is like that, and why he believes in the doctrines in the CB so much and willing to do what ever it takes to uphold its fundamentals. Isnt he no different than Setsuna with his sense of being a soldier.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 04:58   Link #185
EXEs
Hallelujah...

OK, this is turning into a retarded post. Honey_and_Cleaver, stop being a homophobe, it's disturbing.
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 06:08   Link #186
FireChick

Quote:
oh please. stop that.
When I get home from school today I am SO going STRAIGHT to watching episode 10!!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 06:17   Link #187
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Is this turning into a homophobic thread? Tieria underwent a lot of seeming stress in this episode, and it's normal for a person to break down given the rush of emotions he had to deal with in just a few seconds. So yeah, we have funny reactions to that when we get faced with the same problem, but that does not equate that, um, a "gay-esque" reaction that would permanently destroy all that character's self-worth in one go. All of the Meisters have their own quirks, it's just that Tieria happens to be the "unlikeable" one of the group because of what he does, but that does not mean his character has no hope left for redeeming itself because of his actions which are supposed to be "gay" in some respect. If he does turn out to be gay, I wouldn't hold it against him. In fact, I would like him better because now I understand him better, provided that his character would not be subject of anything "biased" or whatever as well; the biased part in this case would mean writing that equates to stereotypical things people sometimes associate with their pet peeves, which includes "gayness". I am hoping that Tieria would still develop as a character more, so I don't hate him or dislike him. It would be interesting to note how the series would develop his character and the delicate balance that has to be made in writing his character and how it is presented to the viewers...and congratulations Gundam for handling such a very delicate subject. There would be people who would get turned off by this idea, but if they can't handle it, then just let the series be and don't rant about it because they showed something very offensive to them. Or go watch something else. Basing a character characterization on a biased premise or something would just totally be .

I would still have to see the ep first, so yeah, my comments about the ep would be later.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 06:27   Link #188
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Can we get back on-topic please. The thread is for discussion on Mobile Suit Gundam 00, please remember that.

Some people are going to get banned for trolling if the recent trend of posts are anything to go by.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 08:10   Link #189
SonicX_Zero
Kill Kira

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
what, never played xenogears?

the original personality comes out.
Did ID and Fei ever had such distinguishing characteristics as to side hair flipping? Its been a while since I played so I can't remember anymore.
SonicX_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 09:05   Link #190
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
question, why both tieria , sumeragi & allehujah cries at the end because they failed their mission? it doesn't make sense to me. what is this all about by the way?
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 09:09   Link #191
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Just watched the sub of 10.

What happened near the end of this episode was rather unusual. The HRL pilot Ming willingly did the classic "I will hold him back! Just run!" self-sacrifice act.

Two things made this extraordinary:
1. A named grunt willingly gave his life, knowing that survival of Soma and his commander was paramount to the future wars against the Gundams. Ming represents those regular soldiers who enlisted willingly because they genuinely believe in what they do, even though they don't stood out like standard heroes. Even though a compelling argument could be made, that questionable elements remain in HRL due to the artificial soldier program, Ming gave a compelling case that the average rank and file believe CB was harmful to their nation.
For the HRL soldiers, CB was their enemy. And secret government conspiracies has nothing to do with it.

2. The scenario was traditionally reserved for when a villain attacked. Yet in this case, a Gundam was the source of the fear. The horror-movie monster that could not be stopped, a role taken up by Xenomorphs, Jason, and Dracula, was now given to Hallelujah and his Kyrios Gundam. By now, there is no doubt that Sunrise is demonising the Gundams more than they ever had in the entire franchise's history. The fact that Ming was killed slowly for amusement because Hallelujah wanted to hear him scream, nails it absolutely.
Old 2007-12-10, 09:19   Link #192
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafri View Post
question, why both tieria , sumeragi & allehujah cries at the end because they failed their mission? it doesn't make sense to me. what is this all about by the way?

Tieria is crying because he revealed the existence of a secret suit way before C.B planned it, as he is the one stricly adhering to the plan and often critizing the other Meister for not following the plan to the letter he is crying for his own faillure.

allehujah because his other personality is a saditics killer, he cant stand the idea that this is his real self.

Sumeragi because she made the wrong decision (spliting the gundam) and that's what enabled to HRL to go that far.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 09:20   Link #193
Sol Falling

mm, coming in on Honey & Cleaver's side, I thought his original protest was against firechick's comment that Tieria was 'kawaii' in this episode, under the assumption that firechick therefore liked yaoi and was imagining Tieria to be homosexual. So then his comments about 'ruining potential' would be, in the context of fanfiction, discarding characterization to make a character gay for yaoi purposes.

Or, conversely, in the context of the show itself (canon as one would call it), the producers making a character appear homosexual at the expense of characterization in order to appeal to yaoi fanbases.

And I agree with Honey & Cleaver in that I'm not a fan of those kinds of things, but that's obviously because those kinds of things are not designed to appeal to the generally male fanbase. Unfortunately for Honey & Cleaver, Sunrise is free to attempt to appeal to whatever audience it likes: Gundam Wing was, for example, designed to draw in female watchers through the bishounen character designs of the gundam pilots, with hints of a possible Quattre-Trowa relationship being displayed quite explicitly. For Gundam 00, I don't think Sunrise would alienate a large part of its audience by flatout making Tieria gay, but there's been ample evidence from the series in general and particularly this episode to indicate that they're going to explore the issue and leave it 'open' for the yaoi fans to indulge themselves.

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread (haha, well that's a matter of interpretation) I was quite a fan of Tieria before the developments of this episode. I don't particularly believe that Tieria's ruthless and antagonistic personality necessarily needs much justification. From this perspective, I'm a little disappointed with and apprehensive about the indications of 'true' androgyny in this episode; if Tieria's antisocial behaviour or etc. is a result of gender insecurity or something like that, it would make him less relatable to me as a character.

On a similar train of thought, did you guys notice how Tieria seems to be either speaking directly to Veda, or a mental personification (i.e. god or an imaginary friend) in this episode? The show is trying to indicate that Tieria has a more immediate connection with Veda than the other pilots; perhaps Tieria has been messed around with mentally or biologically in such a manner as to make his raison d'etre being a 'tool' for Veda, once again explaining his antisocial behaviour? This development is dissatisfying to me for reasons similar to what I mentioned about the androgyny above.

So I guess I'll clarify. I don't like the developments in Tieria's character in this episode because it seems to me they're turning what I percieve to be his strengths (ruthlessness and antagonism) into weaknesses (the result of mental and biological tinkering at his expense). I'll keep watching to see for sure, of course.

edit: in the context of Vallen Chaos Valient's post above (demonization of the gundams), I would rather Tieria be hated for his qualities than be pitied.

Last edited by Sol Falling; 2007-12-11 at 00:55.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 09:51   Link #194
SonicX_Zero
Kill Kira

I have a question, was Soma even scratched from Hal's shooting? or did Hal modify his beam rifle to be like a pea shooter to just annoy Soma? I never thought her Taozi's armor was really that strong to withstand that amount of direct from Hal's rifle. =o

Seeing Sumeragi cry had me going lulz. xD
SonicX_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 09:54   Link #195
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicX_Zero View Post
I have a question, was Soma even scratched from Hal's shooting? or did Hal modify his beam rifle to be like a pea shooter to just annoy Soma? I never thought her Taozi's armor was really that strong to withstand that amount of direct from Hal's rifle. =o

Seeing Sumeragi cry had me going lulz. xD
While the episode didn't directly relate it, the best theory is that the higher than usual rate of fire of the beam machinegun equated to a much lower power per shot, basically yes, a pea shooter, done by Hallelujah to pretty much mess with Soma, as the latter's own testimony attests to.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 10:32   Link #196
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
While the episode didn't directly relate it, the best theory is that the higher than usual rate of fire of the beam machinegun equated to a much lower power per shot, basically yes, a pea shooter, done by Hallelujah to pretty much mess with Soma, as the latter's own testimony attests to.
Considering Allelujah's past performance (such as against PMC Trust), I think we can rule that out. Instead, it's more likely that Kyrios was shooting the beam equivalent of blanks so that Hallalujah toy with Soma. Last episode, after all, Kyrios blew apart the transport ship in a burst.

However, the linear rifles use by the AEU and Union do have the quality you mentioned; that is cannon. They can shoot slow and powerful (Patrick and Graham), or fast and weak (Ali).
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 10:45   Link #197
Laxe

Ahahaha! This epicsode was great! Kyrios's claw weapon is so baddass! That plus Hallelujah is simply great! I never knew one of the Gundam Meisters would be a schizophrenic - and a bloody-thirsty, murderous one to boot! I think he should've chased Soma straight back to HQ. Really give the HLR something to think about before messing with him again lol!

Overall pretty cool episode I think. Can't wait to find out what Nadleeh can do without it's armour!
Laxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 11:10   Link #198
Child_of_Sierra

Revealing Nadleeh so early wouldn't have been a problem had tierra actually pursued and killed those who saw it, regardless of the grunt's sacrifice I dont find any real reason on how the remaining HRL could survive running away from the Kyrios, or any of the other gundams. Pilot problems aside, i think allelujah and co. would have given chase had sumeragi ordered it instead of mopping on her own failure.
Old 2007-12-10, 11:13   Link #199
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child_of_Sierra View Post
Revealing Nadleeh so early wouldn't have been a problem had tierra actually pursued and killed those who saw it, regardless of the grunt's sacrifice I dont find any real reason on how the remaining HRL could survive running away from the Kyrios, or any of the other gundams. Pilot problems aside, i think allelujah and co. would have given chase had sumeragi ordered it instead of mopping on her own failure.
Unfortunately, Sumeragi can't really order them to do anything if they don't want to, not being a Captain and all. And it doesn't look like any of the pilots are in the mood for more fighting anyway.
Old 2007-12-10, 11:31   Link #200
mikyu

I start to like soma ... she gave tieria quite a shock ... while I don't know .. but alleluja, his voice always reminds me of a yaoi pr0n anime @.@
mikyu is offline   Reply With Quote