AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-24, 05:56   Link #681
Marine-RX179

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramune
Seems like it's almost time for me to give in and watch Wannabe Fansub's version
I'm was on the same boat as you....but I official gave up waiting for Dash's version and downloaded and watched Wannabe Fansub's ep 5 and 6 today. Wannabe Fansub ain't doing too bad a job translation wise for the actual meaning of the conversations, but it did leave a slightly bad impression with them missed some explanations for a few parodies on ep4.
As long as they are not going to miss anymore parodies in the future, they should be fine to watch as well.
Old 2004-11-24, 11:01   Link #682
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

I give WF this, big leap in improvement from their first SR train wreck. Still want dash though

Just realised what the first part of SR ep6 was: anime version of Survivor [down to the Oh! God please let it rain ].
Old 2004-11-24, 16:40   Link #683
Yuruke

I'm still confused!!! How the f**k did Karisama get into the closet with Tenma???Even more so, how could he have been there the whole time and not get noticed by Tenma!?!?!? Someone explain to me wtf happened cuz i'm confused
Old 2004-11-24, 17:03   Link #684
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuruke
I'm still confused!!! How the f**k did Karisama get into the closet with Tenma???Even more so, how could he have been there the whole time and not get noticed by Tenma!?!?!? Someone explain to me wtf happened cuz i'm confused

It's an anime, its not real. It happened because it is funny. That is all.
Old 2004-11-24, 17:06   Link #685
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuruke
Heh... if for no reason other than him being Karasuma Oji...

The description 'weird' would be severely be an understatement for Oji.

As for Tenma, she's known for becoming completely oblivious to anything other than her 'goal'.

How else would Tenma be completely clueless about Harima having a crush on her?
Old 2004-11-24, 17:09   Link #686
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Just assume this.

1) Karasuma is an Alien.
2) He likes Curry........a bit too much.
3) He's also a small demon..from the Kappa episode
4) He can teleport, from the Bathroom episode.
5) He's not interested in girls. He's an observer.

Old 2004-11-25, 07:58   Link #687
sozuken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin
Just assume this.

1) Karasuma is an Alien.
2) He likes Curry........a bit too much.
3) He's also a small demon..from the Kappa episode
4) He can teleport, from the Bathroom episode.
5) He's not interested in girls. He's an observer.

LOL, indeed. And apparently, super spicy curry bread has no effect on him. I think he absorbs damage actually. Not only that. He dwells in the Gym storage room, but somehow teleports home right in the morning after that, so that he can bicycle "normally" to school everyday at speeds greater than InitialD, up stairs, and off cliffs.....all on a normal "typical" day to school. Where the hell does he even live.

He has ultra reverse psychic abilities as in, whatever you DON'T want him to do, he does, and there's a "1% chance that Tenma-chan would ever like a weirdo retard like him, that Torimaru guy". *laughs*
Old 2004-11-25, 11:24   Link #688
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Well, here's the fun thing about ep8- they are including the side stories where the occur concurrent with the main manga portion.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-25, 11:32   Link #689
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

lol, that shows how horrible psychic powers can be
Old 2004-11-25, 14:24   Link #690
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
have i mentioned, not only is Itoko-san HOT, but her voice is EXTREMELY sexy??!!!!!

I almost creamed my pants at the end of Episode 6 when Itoko did the Tenma impression *cue sexy voice*!!! ITOKO-SAAAANN DAAAAISUKI!!!!!

Her seiyuu is a sex Goddess!!!!!
Old 2004-11-25, 14:29   Link #691
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
have i mentioned, not only is Itoko-san HOT, but her voice is EXTREMELY sexy??!!!!!

I almost creamed my pants at the end of Episode 6 when Itoko did the Tenma impression *cue sexy voice*!!! ITOKO-SAAAANN DAAAAISUKI!!!!!

for Asakawa Yuu, the seiyuu for Sakaki & Jura & Motoko!
Old 2004-11-25, 14:31   Link #692
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:

For people outside of Japan, Asakawa Yuu is more likely to be known as the person who also did Sakaki-san for "Azumanga Daioh" and Aoyama Motoko in "Love Hina."
Old 2004-11-25, 15:24   Link #693
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
Ah, I agree that Tenma is extremely thickheaded.. *sighs*
She doesn't realize anything that's going on, excluding Karasuma.

I'm waiting for the scene when Harima-kun blushes red...
and then Tenma touches his face, asking if he has a fever.
It's the classic "naive girl" cliche. I <3 Harima, btw.. !!
Old 2004-11-25, 20:04   Link #694
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500
Quote:

for Asakawa Yuu, the seiyuu for Sakaki & Jura & Motoko!
Eh? That was Asakawa Yuu? I didn't seem to notice. (I listen to one of her songs a lot - Tsuki no Itoku, OST from Love Hina, which is also Motoko's profile song)
Old 2004-11-25, 20:22   Link #695
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

The new School Rumble ED PV is out. Not as good as the OP PV, but not bad either. You have to watch it a couple of times to get some of the hidden jokes in there, like the clowns.

Spoiler for Screenshots from PV:

And no, I won't tell you where to get it. You'll just have to figure that out yourself as I'm not allow to post links to torrents of stuff like this. At least last I knew. If the AS team wants it public, I'll let them post it. Better safe than sorry.

One interesting side note though. This PV does prove one thing. That the outfits that Tenma-chan and the others wear WOULD look good in real life.
Old 2004-11-25, 20:28   Link #696
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
The new School Rumble ED PV is out. Not as good as the OP PV, but not bad either. You have to watch it a couple of times to get some of the hidden jokes in there, like the clowns.

Spoiler for Screenshots from PV:

And no, I won't tell you where to get it. You'll just have to figure that out yourself as I'm not allow to post links to torrents of stuff like this. At least last I knew. If the AS team wants it public, I'll let them post it. Better safe than sorry.

One interesting side note though. This PV does prove one thing. That the outfits that Tenma-chan and the others wear WOULD look good in real life.
I can sense the cuteness coming from this PV. I cant wait to have it! wheee!
Old 2004-11-25, 20:30   Link #697
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Those two little kids she takes with her in the end look like american kids and I'm probubly betting they're listening to her sing going "WTH is she saying?? o_0" hehe. Of course I could be wrong too.
Old 2004-11-25, 20:38   Link #698
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Those two little kids she takes with her in the end look like american kids and I'm probubly betting they're listening to her sing going "WTH is she saying?? o_0" hehe. Of course I could be wrong too.
Well, at least they probably got paid to sing the 'la la la la...' part.

Interesting PV though, how people in the background came in to do poses and stuff.

WTH was with the two 'managers' with the singer though?

Anyone care to translate what they said plz?

Back to ep.8

I may be mistaken, but there's a hidden meaning behind the curry or meat question right?

Is it something along the lines of 'fresh tender meat'? (as the translations seemed to suggest)?
Old 2004-11-25, 23:51   Link #699
Marine-RX179

Quote:

OMG I never expected that the performer for the ED song would resemble Tenma so much cosplaying as her (cosplay may not be the right term, but couldn't thinking of another word more suitable...).

Thanks for showing the screenshots....now I'm downloading the OP and ED PV at the mighty fast speed of 0-1kb/seconds on Torrent lol (since there's only one place I found it). This could take a couple of days to download :P
Old 2004-11-26, 01:59   Link #700
michiru

Poor Harima.....
But I heard that he declare his love for *** by mistake in ep10.
I can't wait for this episode.
Closed Thread