AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-17, 07:44   Link #1
james0246

One Piece - Chapter 685 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

---

Sorry for the delay, I thought Marvel was back in action...

Full spoilers have been released.
Old 2012-10-17, 07:53   Link #2
raziel16

So..

Since momonosuke is a Japan boy, he's turned into Asian dragon and not the western version like the previous 2?

Smoker has skin hardening technique similar to Vergo and Luffy. This technique becomes more and more common. It's not fun anymore..

Monet isn't just has snow type ability, she's a logia on top of that... and also a swordwoman 2 sword style. Nice combination. Wonder if Law has something to do with those wings and talons
Old 2012-10-17, 08:28   Link #3
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel16 View Post
So..

Since momonosuke is a Japan boy, he's turned into Asian dragon and not the western version like the previous 2?

Smoker has skin hardening technique similar to Vergo and Luffy. This technique becomes more and more common. It's not fun anymore..

Monet isn't just has snow type ability, she's a logia on top of that... and also a swordwoman 2 sword style. Nice combination. Wonder if Law has something to do with those wings and talons
"she's a logia type...leaver her to me"

I wonder how Zoro will be able to fight with Monet. She can fly. Wonder if he will jump continuously to strike her.
Old 2012-10-17, 08:41   Link #4
ronin myael
lost ronin

this is unexpected. zoro versus monet! this should be interesting...
Old 2012-10-17, 09:05   Link #5
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Sorry for the delay, I thought Marvel was back in action...

I really wish this were true myself, but my comp's still in the middle of being repaired. Don't worry though, I'll let you know when I'm back on full-time duties again.

Anyways, fun chapter. I like how half of it focused on Momo's flashback (interesting that his human form was shadowed during that whole time, as well). And now we have actual confirmation that Vegapunk is creating artificial devil fruits. Now this makes me wonder: Does Monet's snow powers come from one of those manufactured fruits, as well? Because I think that could actually settle the whole confusion about her power and Aokiji's being the same (in fact, Aokiji's fruit could have been the base model for Monet's)......

Also, I'm glad to see Luffy being legitimately pissed at a bad guy again after such a long time (and who wouldn't get ticked at a scumbag like CC?). But I wonder what was up with Momo's hallucination? Did he actually meet Doflamingo before? Something tells me things are going to get a lot more complicated once Dofla's goons arrive at PH.....

Oh, and I just want to finally add that the Halloween spread is the greatest thing ever (WHISKEY OR BEER!).
Old 2012-10-17, 09:30   Link #6
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I

Now this makes me wonder: Does Monet's snow powers come from one of those manufactured fruits, as well? Because I think that could actually settle the whole confusion about her power and Aokiji's being the same (in fact, Aokiji's fruit could have been the base model for Monet's)......
And also how he was able to converge two abilities in one. Her ability to fly and that Aokiji's ability.

Wonder if Blackbeard was tipped off by CC about the mixing/ absorbing the power form Whitebeard
Old 2012-10-17, 10:01   Link #7
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
And also how he was able to converge two abilities in one. Her ability to fly and that Aokiji's ability.

I'm pretty sure that her harpy body is a result of Law's ability, actually. Notice that the ONLY time we've seen her in a fully human form was during that brief flashback where we saw Law's first meeting with Caesar. Since then, she's never changed back.....

Oh, and speaking of Monet, it's kinda nice to see that my "Yuki-Onna" theory was kinda proven to be true, heh.

Anyway, since we've got confirmation of Momo being a zoan now, I wonder how long it'll be before we see him in his beast-man form.....?

Oh, and I guess it's time to get the "Momo for nakama" party started on that note.
Old 2012-10-17, 10:04   Link #8
SMASHERJACKSON

Momonuske for nakama.
Old 2012-10-17, 10:08   Link #9
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
"she's a logia type...leaver her to me"

I wonder how Zoro will be able to fight with Monet. She can fly. Wonder if he will jump continuously to strike her.
Zoro has long range attacks, and since Haki can be expressed at a distance, if Monet is a Logia she can be hurt by Zoro even if she stays overhead.

Quote:
(interesting that his human form was shadowed during that whole time, as well).
That's because, and you're hearing it here first, Momo was born a girl. Kinemon is just a really shitty father who raised his daughter as a boy...

Quote:
Oh, and I just want to finally add that the Halloween spread is the greatest thing ever (WHISKEY OR BEER!).
Agreed. It's already my new desktop image.

edit: Who is Jock, and why are they dead?

Last edited by james0246; 2012-10-17 at 10:26.
Old 2012-10-17, 10:30   Link #10
Kona
Banned

So Momonosuke has a Zoan now and somehow ended up the boats with the other kids. Once he knows how to use the DF it's gonna get really interesting how he combines it with his swordamanship. Didn't even show him "smuggled" so how did he get there. When he was about to fly Doflamingo face popped up so maybe he's involved why Momonosuke is on the PH.
Old 2012-10-17, 10:33   Link #11
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Monet is confirmed to be a logia. I thought she'd be a paramecia myself. Her powers do seem to overlap a bit with Aokiji, maybe Marvel's theory is right and the devil fruit she ate was an artificial one modeled on the ice-ice fruit.

I find it interesting that Momonosuke saw a vision of Doflamingo. Has he met him before?
Old 2012-10-17, 11:23   Link #12
Meloria

First we see CC using castanets, then Vergo with his bamboo stick and now here we see Monet using ice pickers. What next, Oda?
Old 2012-10-17, 11:26   Link #13
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I think now it is pretty clear that Smoker is using armament Haki. He did a similar attack during the previous chapter, but it was hard to tell whether his fist was drawn black because of his Haki or because of the glove. Since I'm pretty sure he doesn't were elbow pads though, we can savely assume that he is using Haki to fight Vergo, now.

As for Zoro and Monet, I hope that this skirmish is going to last a bit longer than all the previous ones so far, but I doubt it. However, we haven't really seen Zoro fight against this type of opponent in the series, so it would be highly interesting to see in my opinion.
Old 2012-10-17, 12:02   Link #14
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
edit: Who is Jock, and why are they dead?
The scans you're seeing is probably poor quality. It says Jack.
As in, the beloved Jack we all know that influenced Brook and the entire Thriller Bark arc.
Old 2012-10-17, 12:37   Link #15
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
this is unexpected. zoro versus monet! this should be interesting...
Zoro unveils a new technique he learned over the two years.
Old 2012-10-17, 12:42   Link #16
noktown

I hope Zoro gets to fight this time though,not just an off-panel KO...
Old 2012-10-17, 13:10   Link #17
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Wonder how long these fights can really last though. Isn't the gas still coming?
Old 2012-10-17, 13:24   Link #18
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel16 View Post
It actually seems to be more the 'armament' haki, which makes sense for a lot of people to have. In fact, Sanji and Zoro probably have it too since you need it to be able to fight logia, and Luffy confirmed that those two were also able to fight logia when talking with Law.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2012-10-17, 13:36   Link #19
Mateus

Wow so Monet is pretty evil then, I wonder how serious the fight will get -- she probably won't die but I wonder just how big a bump she will be taking from Zoro, that is if her cheap snow tricks don't make her impervious.
Old 2012-10-17, 13:40   Link #20
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Monet is confirmed to be a logia. I thought she'd be a paramecia myself. Her powers do seem to overlap a bit with Aokiji, maybe Marvel's theory is right and the devil fruit she ate was an artificial one modeled on the ice-ice fruit.
Devilfruit doesn't have to be artificial or modeled, since is quite clear that devilfruits don't follow ice, fire, water and wind patterns, but rather cultural ones.

That means that devilfruit can be anything under any human invented abstract theme like 'Snow' or 'Ice' or any other variation of different kind of ice that has a name.

Seems like Smoker actually doing quite fine.. somehow I have a feeling though that Vergo is able to take anything Smoker throws at him.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion