AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-09-13, 05:25   Link #1461
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiharaRonin View Post
I will say, it is well worth picking back up. That Anon was just complaining about their favorite characters being irrelevant to recent volumes, despite the story going in a direction in which they'd not be so important (as many Index fans do). The story has progressed well and a lot of crazy fun stuff has happened and cool concepts have been used. I'll still explain it to you, but everything will seem random, rushed, and messy unless you read for yourself. In which case, you can judge for yourself (but IMO its,awesome).

Spoiler for Since NT10 and girl's identity :
Thanks a lot. After reading the summary, im ok with not getting back into it. Maybe once the series ends or something happens that catches my interest.
The part with Accelerator seems interesting but given how i have stuck with this series for a long time, im certain it will cause me frustration again if i get into it.
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-13, 11:43   Link #1462
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by itine View Post
Kamikoto story.
I think I just heard the Misaki shippers faint.
Old 2018-09-13, 18:43   Link #1463
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsurin View Post
And then you read it .
Old 2018-09-13, 22:53   Link #1464
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsurin View Post
But why not both? Both are best girl. Also, am amused at how Accelerator looks like a sad little boy in the cover. Am glad that the focus is on Accelerator and Touma, but I wish Hamazura were in the spotlight too though maybe that's too much to ask, sigh. Well, I'm pretty hyped for this. ~

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-14, 17:34   Link #1465
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
But why not both? Both are best girl. Also, am amused at how Accelerator looks like a sad little boy in the cover. Am glad that the focus is on Accelerator and Touma, but I wish Hamazura were in the spotlight too though maybe that's too much to ask, sigh. Well, I'm pretty hyped for this. ~
Hamazura gave up on being a hero since Agitate Halation, he is quite literally the designated babysitter.
Old 2018-09-18, 01:08   Link #1466
itine
No Book No Live

KyoMAF Index III Stage Report

Images
Kyoto Manga Anime 2018 stage report:
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Some summary (translate) by Anonymous

Images
Endymion's TV CM

Last edited by itine; 2018-09-18 at 03:36.
itine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-19, 06:47   Link #1467
itine
No Book No Live

brand New official PV?

Images
Kamijou Touma intro

Japan "Creative" STAFF indeed.
Old 2018-09-25, 02:57   Link #1468
itine
No Book No Live

Digital ERA! here we come:
Tankōbon (Physical Book) and Kindle (Electronic Book) of NT21 will be released on the same day:
October 10, 2018
Old 2018-09-28, 07:40   Link #1469
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Tangentially related:

A new Kamachi Series: Magisters Bad Trip (マギステルス・バッドトリップ) (or Magisterus??). Its described as a criminal action story.

Illustrator is Mahaya from Intellivillage, Beatrice, etc.

I think its a web novel but its hosted on Kakuyomu:

https://kakuyomu.jp/works/1177354054886980322

The first few parts are out.

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!

Last edited by OH&S; 2018-09-28 at 07:54.
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-28, 08:11   Link #1470
LG-MAX 2.o

He continues to create other series, while he should better develop the ones he already has.

sigh, Kamachi never learns ...
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-28, 09:53   Link #1471
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Tangentially related:

A new Kamachi Series: Magisters Bad Trip (マギステルス・バッドトリップ) (or Magisterus??). Its described as a criminal action story.

Illustrator is Mahaya from Intellivillage, Beatrice, etc.

I think its a web novel but its hosted on Kakuyomu:

https://kakuyomu.jp/works/1177354054886980322

The first few parts are out.

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Interesting. Glad to see he's coming up with even more. He's as terrifying as always.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-28, 16:29   Link #1472
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

Ah, yes. Unrealistically massive plot as the main cover. Truly speaks of amazing content and appeal...

Not sure I want to imagine all the back problems this woman's getting on a daily basis.
Old 2018-09-29, 02:01   Link #1473
Doe, John

Kamachi and Mahaya seem to work together a lot. There's Zashiki Warashi, Beatrice, My Vampire Older Sister... and now this series.

From machine translating the summary, the story is apparently set in a virtual reality game used for committing crime. The main character is a guy who's a skilled player(?) and able to earn 1.7 billion of the virtual currency in an hour. The person on the illustration is the third Kamachi character to be named Tselika and she's a succubus-type AI partner. I can't understand the rest, though.

EDIT: This is now being translated by Js06. I've created a thread for it here.

Last edited by Doe, John; 2018-09-30 at 06:22.
Doe, John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-30, 07:43   Link #1474
RDNexus

As far as I know, I've never been on this thread.
With Index III coming up, I've started rewatching the whole series as a way to remind myself of everything that's happened so far.
As I've finished watching Arc1, the question came up to me (and probably did when I first saw it, years ago)...
Why did Touma have to lose his memories? Has there been any indication of why did it have to happen, other than his possible lack of fortune?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-30, 08:40   Link #1475
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
With Index III coming up, I've started rewatching the whole series as a way to remind myself of everything that's happened so far.
As I've finished watching Arc1, the question came up to me (and probably did when I first saw it, years ago)...
Why did Touma have to lose his memories? Has there been any indication of why did it have to happen, other than his possible lack of fortune?
Why from a narrative standpoint? His amnesia is a driving force of his character. Post-amnesia Touma remembers nothing. So when he decides to save someone you could say the decision is easy for him. He remembers nothing, has nothing, and therefore stands to lose nothing. As such he admires the original Touma for his acts of heroism, risking his life to save people when he had people he loved waiting for him. His actions are his attempt to live up to the heroic Touma he once was.
Old 2018-09-30, 08:57   Link #1476
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index TV Promo for the light novels which aired during the movie broadcast.

https://twitter.com/etoile_014/statu...63419966730240

Atsushi Abe speaks lines from NT9-10!!
Old 2018-09-30, 09:47   Link #1477
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Why from a narrative standpoint? His amnesia is a driving force of his character. Post-amnesia Touma remembers nothing. So when he decides to save someone you could say the decision is easy for him. He remembers nothing, has nothing, and therefore stands to lose nothing. As such he admires the original Touma for his acts of heroism, risking his life to save people when he had people he loved waiting for him. His actions are his attempt to live up to the heroic Touma he once was.
Still, as far as I remember, he never agonized over having no memories and acted as normal, which to me seems like a fail narrative-wise.
Old 2018-09-30, 10:31   Link #1478
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Still, as far as I remember, he never agonized over having no memories and acted as normal, which to me seems like a fail narrative-wise.
Read the second volume again.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-30, 11:03   Link #1479
RDNexus

Erm...I'm only watching the Anime, not reading the LNs...
But, upon watching said arc, he seems to be mulling over it...
Old 2018-09-30, 11:20   Link #1480
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

It's a mistake to pick up the novels where anime left because otherwise you're more likely to jump to biased opinions regarding some characters development.

Now regarding this post:
Quote:
It was mean to be literary irony.
Touma fought so hard to protect Index's memories only to end having his own destroyed.

Last edited by Kuroageha; 2018-09-30 at 11:24. Reason: Typos
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote