AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-10-16, 17:36   Link #1221
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author

Send a message via MSN to WBoon
Whoa, I've been missing lots. Looks like Pure Pure Heart gets a Mio solo treatment, and Mio has two more songs? o_O" Ugh, don't really like Tokimeki Sugar, though. The poem was probably the only Mio written work I felt to have rather shallow lyrics. Was Pure Pure Heart also written by Mio, though? I couldn't remember. But I like PPH. Fits her character quite nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micromonster View Post
It feels kinda personal,
That's why it's best that Mio sing more of her own songs rather than have Yui do it. A songwriter's lyrics are written out of her own heart, her own personal feelings and experiences. Though it's true that she wrote them for the band, you'd get weird instances like Fuyu no Hi being thrust to an entirely wrong singer.
WBoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 17:42   Link #1222
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBoon View Post
Whoa, I've been missing lots. Looks like Pure Pure Heart gets a Mio solo treatment, and Mio has two more songs? o_O" Ugh, don't really like Tokimeki Sugar, though. The poem was probably the only Mio written work I felt to have rather shallow lyrics. Was Pure Pure Heart also written by Mio, though? I couldn't remember. But I like PPH. Fits her character quite nicely.
I believe that Mio is the lyrics writer for the band. Ritsu always tell her to make one, doesn't she?

Quote:
That's why it's best that Mio sing more of her own songs rather than have Yui do it. A songwriter's lyrics are written out of her own heart, her own personal feelings and experiences. Though it's true that she wrote them for the band, you'd get weird instances like Fuyu no Hi being thrust to an entirely wrong singer.
True, some songs are better sung by Mio IMO. Her voice is more fitting for singing. Yui's voice is great too, but I think she's more suitable for talks.

I always like Mio's Fude Pen Ballpen better than Yui's
Ryonea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 18:38   Link #1223
Goggen

Quote:
It feels kinda personal, which is why I thought Mio would be more understandable, being the best friend(or something else -yuri goggles-) of Ritsu. Again, assuming the lyrics are indeed about Ritsu, and not someone else.
I see no reason to assume the lyrics were about Ritsu, in fact I think it's extremely unlikely. She just wanted Ritsu's opinion on her lyrics, that's all.

Quote:
Whoa, I've been missing lots. Looks like Pure Pure Heart gets a Mio solo treatment, and Mio has two more songs?
Wasn't Pure Pure Heart always a Mio solo?
Goggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 19:52   Link #1224
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
I see no reason to assume the lyrics were about Ritsu, in fact I think it's extremely unlikely.
Haha... In the non-Yuri anime world, that might actually be true.

"When I see your breath draw white as you run,
I think of how your parted hair fits you so well.
But I want to see how you look with your bangs down."

The only lyrics implying that it's about Ritsu is the bolded one. Other than that, it's just a Mitsu fan's fantasy.

Quote:
Wasn't Pure Pure Heart always a Mio solo?
No. Yui acted as background voice in Episode 7/S2 (Don't stop the music; Can't stop my heartbeat).
Old 2010-10-16, 20:16   Link #1225
Goggen

Quote:
Yui acted as background voice in Episode 7/S2 (Don't stop the music; Can't stop my heartbeat).
I remember that, but why are we assuming this won't still be the case?
Old 2010-10-16, 20:26   Link #1226
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author

Quote:
I remember that, but why are we assuming this won't still be the case?
Well, since this is labeled with simply 'Mio', and since they did some remix of the songs before in other albums... I don't know, I just hope that they'd do a solo PPH with Mio alone, 'coz people keep referring to Yui's 'Don't stop the music' after hearing the song when 80% of it is Mio's voice. xD
Old 2010-10-16, 22:20   Link #1227
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

I thought I'd grown sick and tired of Fuwa Fuwa Time.

But it had come up during my playlist shuffling and... It's already nostalgic, haha.

I've only grown sick of the first and last few guitar chords. Smart play, KyoAni. Play it enough to have it represent K-ON and have it forever remain in our hearts, but don't play it at all so that we won't hate it. In turn, when we watch the anime, we never want to hear it again in an episode... But outside of the anime, when it's done and over... -sniff-.
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 03:25   Link #1228
Micromonster
Tiny Menace

You're missing my main point. Whether the lyrics are indeed about Ritsu or not is completely irrelevant.

But we have no idea who they are about. It is definitely a person important to Mio. Not Yui. This is like Mio singing U and I, which would be strange because it's a song meant for Yui's sister, and best conveyed by Yui herself.

Of course Yui is the main vocalist, but I thought this is one of the songs that can't be switched to Yui due to it's personal nature. Just like how Mio couldn't sing U and I.

I don't know if this qualified as on-topic or not, if it's the latter category then I apologize and steer back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
I've only grown sick of the first and last few guitar chords. Smart play, KyoAni. Play it enough to have it represent K-ON and have it forever remain in our hearts, but don't play it at all so that we won't hate it. In turn, when we watch the anime, we never want to hear it again in an episode... But outside of the anime, when it's done and over... -sniff-.
Same here KyoAni is really tricky.
Micromonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 07:57   Link #1229
Goggen

Quote:
But we have no idea who they are about. It is definitely a person important to Mio.
Not necessarily. It could just as easily just be fiction. The "person" singing could be a character Mio made up (in fact, IIRC, didn't someone say this song was written in male form?) or it could simply be about a fictional love interest. Song writers do that all the time...
Old 2010-10-17, 08:19   Link #1230
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Well, just look at Watashi no Koi wa Hotch Kiss. It's a love song written by Mio, but it seems that both girls have sung it at one point.

Micromonster is right saying that it'd be equivalent to Mio singing U&I. But the thing is that, we already know what U&I sounds like. Fuyu No Hi could be just another upbeat song which Mio can't sing, but it's written by her.
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 13:24   Link #1231
Noodlehead
Noodlehead is not edible.

Quote:
(in fact, IIRC, didn't someone say this song was written in male form?)
When it comes to Japanese songs, regardless of whether the singer is male or female, it is convention for the lyrics to use "boku" (traditionally male form of "I"). Thus it's not uncommon for female singers to use "boku" in songs.
Noodlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 16:04   Link #1232
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodlehead View Post
When it comes to Japanese songs, regardless of whether the singer is male or female, it is convention for the lyrics to use "boku" (traditionally male form of "I"). Thus it's not uncommon for female singers to use "boku" in songs.
Ah, that's good to know. In your face, whoever suggested Mio's using male form in those lyrics was evidence of yuri.
Old 2010-10-20, 01:02   Link #1233
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
If you don't know yet.

Just press play. And listen for a bit.

I really need to hear the original CD just to see if it's true, but DAAAAMN...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 06:59   Link #1234
Sparvid
*hic*

More song titles: http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/k-on/disc/cd_4.html

Ritsu:
1. Drumming Shining My Life
2. 夕空ア・ラ・カルト
3. Come with Me!!(律Ver)

Mugi:
1. Diaryはフォルテシモ
2. 野生の情熱
3. Come with Me!!(紬Ver.)

Azusa:
1. Over the Starlight
2. Joyful Todays
3. Come with Me!!(梓Ver.)
Old 2010-10-22, 14:47   Link #1235
alucard13mm

K-On! just got bigger =3.. some california politician posted a wrong link on her twitter which led people to a k-on cover done by an awesome bassist ive been following. hes a pretty good bass player @_@. im so voting for Meg Whitman for whatever position she is seeking for.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...ss-player.html
Old 2010-10-22, 15:02   Link #1236
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

That's certainly interesting^.^

Apparently the good politician posted via bit.ly, which grabbed the wrong URL that coincidentally led to this video.

No doubt about it folks, this guy is really strange, but he's a damn good bass player.
Old 2010-10-22, 15:06   Link #1237
alucard13mm

lol i had to change the post so i didnt have similar post in multiple threads XD. she deserves my vote! shes probably better than the terminator anyways
Old 2010-10-22, 16:58   Link #1238
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
shes probably better than the terminator anyways
Are you kidding? He's a cop, you idiot! He's Detective John Kimble! Who's your daddy, and what does he do?!

Oh, and Terminator kicks ass. Nothing kicks its ass. Nothing.
Old 2010-10-22, 20:58   Link #1239
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

I really need to hear the original CD just to see if it's true, but DAAAAMN...
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
K-On! just got bigger =3.. some california politician posted a wrong link on her twitter which led people to a k-on cover done by an awesome bassist ive been following. hes a pretty good bass player @_@. im so voting for Meg Whitman for whatever position she is seeking for.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...ss-player.html

@ lowegear epic win! i need to check it out

@ aucard thats SO FREAKEN FUNNY lolololol
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 21:02   Link #1240
alucard13mm

lol im ur average ignorant american voter ^_^.. she has my vote.