AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-02-09, 01:37   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Chapter 482 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---
Chapter Status: Confirmed Spoilers.

Quote:
-Madara swoops in to collect Danzou's body (for Shisui's eye presumably), only to find that Danzou destroyed the eye...

-Karin is still alive. Danzou tells Sasuke to kill her, but Sasuke refuses, intially, becayse he doesn't like being ordered around. Karin has a flashback of just why she is so into Sasuke (as a kid, Karin was atacked by a Bear while out in the woods, Sasuke came along and saved her and left with a content smile, and ever since she has wanted to se Sasuke smile out of happiness). Sasuke charges up a Chidori to kill her...

-Cut to Sakura. As Sai tries to convince them to stay, he uses Ink Snakes to block their path. Kiba, getting pissed, decides to fight Sai, thinking him a traitor. Sakura then convinces Lee to join the fray, and once all the boys are busy, she knocks them out with a sleeping gas. She then runs toward Sasuke...

-Cut to Naruto. He has escaped from Yamato, and proceeds after Sakura and her team whilst in Sennin Mode (I don't know why we are seeing this know, considering that if the events were occurring in real time, then Naruto would be quite a distance from Sakura).

-Cut back to Sakura. She encounters Sasuke, about to kill Karin, and, apparently, asks to join him only after thinking about how changed he is .

-Cut to Madara. He is in a strange storage room. Within the room are many tanks all filled with eyes. Madara is collecting doujutsus for some reason.

Last edited by james0246; 2010-02-10 at 09:37.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 01:39   Link #2
Rahan

So evil Sasuke was a giant troll. Karin was fine all along. If Madara thinks she could thwart their plans by ratting on them, then her life was in no danger.

Sasuke gets a harem.
Sakura is a bitch.
Sai, Lee and Kiba suck completely.
databooks are garbage. Karin's backstory contradicts them openly
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 01:40   Link #3
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Shouldn't it be Chapter 482? Just checking.
Old 2010-02-09, 01:41   Link #4
Rahan

Yes it should.
Old 2010-02-09, 01:41   Link #5
james0246

That's what I get for copying and pasting .

edit: Fixed title.
Old 2010-02-09, 01:45   Link #6
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
So evil Sasuke was a giant troll. Karin was fine all along. If Madara thinks she could thwart their plans by ratting on them, then her life was in no danger.

Sasuke gets a harem.
Sakura is a bitch.
Sai, Lee and Kiba suck completely.
databooks are garbage. Karin's backstory contradicts them openly
Well, I wouldn't say having a giant whole in your chest is a good thing, but I understand what you mean.
And I honestly don't think that Sakura is a bitch, but is trying to trick Sasuke by trying to reconstruct their bond/trust so she can, in the end kill him. But, he'll probably guess that's her motive in the long run and kill her himself, but that's just what I think.
Old 2010-02-09, 01:52   Link #7
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassoonicmayhem View Post
Well, I wouldn't say having a giant whole in your chest is a good thing, but I understand what you mean.
And I honestly don't think that Sakura is a bitch, but is trying to trick Sasuke by trying to reconstruct their bond/trust so she can, in the end kill him. But, he'll probably guess that's her motive in the long run and kill her himself, but that's just what I think.
Well, she intended to free Naruto from his promise but made things way worse... Now he is forced to think only of Sasuke because Sakura's life is at stake too ...

And we know she'll fail. It's written in stone Naruto will be the one to defeat Sasuke, and the one to find the words to redeem him.
Sakura is either genuine and choosing Akatsuki / Sasuke (she doesn't know Sasuke's reasons yet) over Konoha / Naruto (unlikely) or a damsel in distress in disguise. I don't see anything good coming from her actions. (probable)

Konoha is Sasuke's next destination. Sakura wouldn't really be running away from Konoha with him, so something is going to happen on the bridge.
Kakashi is probably going to confront them and maybe a fight will start and force Sakura to open her eyes.
Old 2010-02-09, 02:02   Link #8
james0246

^Naruto is coming up behind them, so, presumably, Naruto will arrive while Sakura is pushing her feminine wiles onto Sasuke, only for Sasuke to immediately shove a Chidori through her heart in front of Naruto before being beamed away by Madara. Thus ends the story of Sakura, Kishimoto's special style of "Heroine"...
Old 2010-02-09, 02:04   Link #9
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Naruto is coming after them both, so, presumably, Naruto will arrive while Sakura is pushing her feminine wiles onto Sasuke, only for Sasuke to immediately shove a Chidori through her heart in front of Naruto before being beamed away by Madara. Thus ends the story of Sakura, Kishimoto's special style of heroine...
Kishimoto said the "main character" of this year would be Kakashi in the last Jump Festa interview.
It's obvious to me the reason Naruto fainted was so he wouldn't be involved in this mess ... Kakashi will be the one to confront Sasuke.

Beside, Madara just left according to spoiler.
Old 2010-02-09, 02:06   Link #10
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Well, she intended to free Naruto from his promise but made things way worse... Now he is forced to think only of Sasuke because Sakura's life is at stake too ...

And we know she'll fail. It's written in stone Naruto will be the one to defeat Sasuke, and the one to find the words to redeem him.
Sakura is either genuine and choosing Akatsuki (she doesn't know Sasuke's reasons yet) over Konoha / Naruto (unlikely) or a damsel in distress in disguise. I don't see anything good coming from her actions. (probable)

Konoha is Sasuke's next destination. Sakura wouldn't really be running away from Konoha with him, so something is going to happen on the bridge.
Kakashi is probably going to confront them and maybe a fight will start and force Sakura to open her eyes.
Yeah, Sakura really hasn't been thinking things through. No matter what, Sakura is acting really stupid. Maybe she hopes to gain his trust, like I mentioned before, but as you said, I can't see anything good coming from her actions.

I really hope that this doesn't result in Kakashi pulling in Obi Wan Kenobi, but I can see him chasing after Sakura to end up in a fight with Sasuke/Madara. I don't think it will happen that way though, since he has Sai with him. I think Sai will end up stalling Sasuke while Kakashi tries to stall with Madara. Then they'll just start talking, Sasuke will see that Sakura never really planned on going with him but to kill him, scoffs, calls her a burden and he and Madara disappear. This leaves Sakura to get yelled at by Kakashi and Sai and then Naruto pops out of nowhere too late yet again. But that's my idea of how things are going to happen.
Old 2010-02-09, 02:13   Link #11
james0246

Quote:
Kishimoto said the "main character" of this year would be Kakashi in the last Jump Festa interview.
It's obvious to me the reason Naruto fainted was so he wouldn't be involved in this mess ... Kakashi will be the one to confront Sasuke.
Kakashi or Naruto, all that matters is that Sasuke will kill Sakura...or Sasuke will force Sakura to beat on Kakashi...that actually sounds like a "fun" turn of events, even if it is stupid and completely OOC.
Old 2010-02-09, 02:15   Link #12
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Kakashi or Naruto, all that matters is that Sasuke will kill Sakura...or Sasuke will force Sakura to beat on Kakashi...that actually sounds like a "fun" turn of events, even if it is stupid and completely OOC.
He didn't kill Karin and you think he'll kill Sakura ?

No chances ...

Sakura is just on a filler trip where she'll do nothing to Sasuke and where Sasuke will do nothing to her.
Old 2010-02-09, 02:23   Link #13
james0246

Quote:
He didn't kill Karin and you think he'll kill Sakura ?

No chances ...
"A man can dream, right?"...or is it a fool's dream .

Last edited by james0246; 2010-02-09 at 02:39.
Old 2010-02-09, 03:23   Link #14
Rahan

By the way, I complained about Danzou last week, but Madara is walking the same path of fail.

Not only did he fail to recover Shisui's eye, but he was also brushed off by Sasuke when he asked him to finish Karin off. Right after losing an arm to henchmen of someone Sasuke defeated.
I have rarely seen a major villains (probably final villain) so not threatening or intimidating.
Old 2010-02-09, 04:35   Link #15
shankss
CP10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke
Hi sakura we just lost useless female healer of our team and we desperately need another battery to heal us, only to backstab you in next few chapters.

Oh yes! Fill the empty spot!
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 05:56   Link #16
Alchemist007
*Author

Kishi better have something good planned. And yeah...spoiler sounds a bit too far fetched.
Old 2010-02-09, 06:06   Link #17
Kaiba

Quote:
-Cut back to Sakura. She encounters Sasuke, and, apparently, asks to join him .
Spoiler for Size:
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 06:21   Link #18
neshru

Quote:
Karin has a flashback of just why she is so into Sasuke (something to do with saving her from some wield beast, or something, back during the Chuunin Exam ).
LOL, I knew episode 116 of the anime would turn into a plothole.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 08:00   Link #19
Sinn
Pwnage

What bout 116? o.o I kinda forgot.

The chuunin exam was like out of nowhere, really :/ why not a different flashback.
Old 2010-02-09, 08:21   Link #20
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
What bout 116? o.o I kinda forgot.

The chuunin exam was like out of nowhere, really :/ why not a different flashback.
But then, we couldn't scream RETCON !
(from an unconfirmed-because-anonymous-but-still-matching-exactly-NJA's spoiler, Karin was in a team from the Sound.

And we know Sound only had one team in the Exam (Kabuto even commented it was because it was the noob villages)

And it is ridiculous for Sasuke to play all friendly with Sound ninjas after the encounter with Oro and the Sound 3 ...

Tags
weekly chapter discussion