AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-06-06, 03:07   Link #81
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request

So the english will be up to episode 29, but they plan on releasing up to 45? Will there be more after 45, or is that it?

I also love this series, the changes she undergoes throught are very touching

OFF TOPIC- I also see you're a Tutu fan What other series do you like, I'll take your advice since we seem to enjoy similar things!
ZeppelinJ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 05:26   Link #82
nikita

Wink Plz tell me

I am interested in this anime and prepare to watch . My friends tell me that is an excellent anime and totally 've 45 eps but I found it 've 68 eps showed by animenfo.com .
So anyone could tell me is 45 eps an ending ? If not, I think I 'll wait until there was whole series. coz I don't want stop halfway or don't know ending after watched all eps .
nikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 06:46   Link #83
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikita
I am interested in this anime and prepare to watch . My friends tell me that is an excellent anime and totally 've 45 eps but I found it 've 68 eps showed by animenfo.com .
So anyone could tell me is 45 eps an ending ? If not, I think I 'll wait until there was whole series. coz I don't want stop halfway or don't know ending after watched all eps .
I suggest you have a read of this thread from the beginning. This question has been frequently asked and it has been answered before
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 12:04   Link #84
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Oh we know its licensed xris
thats why we were discussing it on this forum ..or I am in the wrong one ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
I suggest you have a read of this thread from the beginning. This question has been frequently asked and it has been answered before
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 10:08   Link #85
Aquillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpenpen84
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Aquillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 19:19   Link #86
Codex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquillion
Spoiler:
That information was an interpretation based on the translation of the prologue of 'Tasogare no Kishi, Akatsuki no Sora'.

Visit this site if you want to read it for yourself:
http://www.otyaku.com/animeObserver/index.html

In any case, this novel, which continues the Taiki arc, does feature Youko. The only non-Youko novel left to animate is the story of how the Empress of Kyou came to the throne around 100 years earlier.
Codex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 10:45   Link #87
firstian

Quality of the dub?

I'm thinking of getting the DVD and get my wife to watch it. Unfortunately, she doesn't like subs, so I'm wondering if the dub is good enough to watch. FWIW, I hate most dubs, including all the Disney releases of Ghibli stuff. Although I did read in some newsgroup that 12K's dub is pretty good. Any opinions?
firstian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 13:13   Link #88
donna8157

The dub is pretty good surprisingly. ^_^
donna8157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 15:19   Link #89
Yamano667
Banned

well thats good to hear ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna8157
The dub is pretty good surprisingly. ^_^
Old 2004-09-11, 04:34   Link #90
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Twelve Kingdoms- unfinished forever?

This again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit
NOTE TO MODS: I would have posted this in a Junni Kokki thread, but seeing as the series has been around for a while- I was quite worried about spoilers. So far, I've had Full Moon wo Sagashite, Nadesico, and the Violinist of Hamelin spoiled on this forum.

Gosh- that move was FAST! you mods really should take it easy- I had a legitimate reason for creating a new thread- see above.
You edited that onto your post just as I was moving it so I didn't have a chance to read it first. You've got a point. I'm moving it back to its own thread and copying my answer below so that you won't have to follow the above link.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-11, 04:35   Link #91
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Oh- just read your additions to that last post- thanks
Old 2004-09-11, 04:37   Link #92
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Starting with episode 46 the story was going to move away from Youko's story. Her part after that is as a supporting character so the producers stopped the production because they felt that viewers wouldn't really be interested in it unless they could work Youko into the story. Originally they were going to rewrite it so that Youko could play a major part, but they ran into trouble with the rewrites since there wasn't enough information on some of the characters (Tai's General of the Left Division) to be sure of how they would react in the rewritten scenario. Their hope is that future books will reveal more information on the characters so that they can rewrite the story the way they want it to be.

That's why it is on indefinite hiatus.

As for the question about how it ends: Episode 45 concludes a storyline so at least you won't be cut off in the middle of an arc.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-09-11, 04:39   Link #93
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

That's something of a relief. I hear that translations of the books can be found; perhaps I'll check into them once I get through 45

Thanks for the help!
Old 2004-09-11, 04:42   Link #94
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Translation of the beginning of the first volume

Translation of some of the later volumes

Old 2004-09-11, 06:13   Link #95
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit
That's something of a relief. I hear that translations of the books can be found; perhaps I'll check into them once I get through 45

Thanks for the help!
Now that you have your answer, I'll plan to merge this into the main Juuni Kokki thread in a little while.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-11, 12:06   Link #96
Yamano667
Banned

The novel has to tell the story on the whole 12 kingdoms, is not just Youko's story for that they would have to change the title of the novel
It would be nice if the story continued ....to the very END

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Starting with episode 46 the story was going to move away from Youko's story. Her part after that is as a supporting character so the producers stopped the production because they felt that viewers wouldn't really be interested in it unless they could work Youko into the story. Originally they were going to rewrite it so that Youko could play a major part, but they ran into trouble with the rewrites since there wasn't enough information on some of the characters (Tai's General of the Left Division) to be sure of how they would react in the rewritten scenario. Their hope is that future books will reveal more information on the characters so that they can rewrite the story the way they want it to be.

That's why it is on indefinite hiatus.

As for the question about how it ends: Episode 45 concludes a storyline so at least you won't be cut off in the middle of an arc.
Old 2004-09-12, 02:45   Link #97
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Now that you have your answer, I'll plan to merge this into the main Juuni Kokki thread in a little while.
Please don't. This specific question comes up frequently enough and people asking it often have reasons not to watch spoilers.

I think that there is sufficient reason to leave these threads separate for the sake of future question askers.

Old 2004-10-25, 04:16   Link #98
Draikan7

12 kingdoms

anyone know any good websites on 12 kingdoms? the show is really confusing in some parts so i was wondering if there was a website that summarized each episode or a detailed explanation of the overall story? thanks

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-10-25 at 04:19. Reason: Threads merged. Please SEARCH for a pre-existing thread before you create one!
Draikan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 08:38   Link #99
Ialdaboth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draikan7
anyone know any good websites on 12 kingdoms? the show is really confusing in some parts so i was wondering if there was a website that summarized each episode or a detailed explanation of the overall story? thanks
http://12ktp.inspirelight.net/

No summaries but the "anime notes" section will greatly help anyone watching this serie. ^^
Ialdaboth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 04:22   Link #100
wao
OK.

I never knew this, but interestingly, it seems that the composer of the excellent music in Juuni Kokki, Kunihiko Ryo, is actually ethnically Korean - his Korean name is Yang Bang-Ean, corresponding to Ryou Kunihiko...

He was born into a family of doctors and he was forced to go to medical school and was a plastic surgeon for one year before he finally decided to quit that and start his career in the line of music, which caused his father to disown him.