AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-06, 11:46   Link #61
_gallo_

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Additional staff listed for Star Driver:
Cybuddy Design: Shigeto Koyama
Concept Design: Shinji Aramaki
Art Design: Kazuo Nagai
VFX Director: Yasushi Muraki
Art Director: Takeshi Waki
Them plus Igarashi, Enokido and Ito. I wonder if BONES is getting really serious about this project. Judging from the staff so it seems. I have watched just a tiny fraction of their total output during the last 12 months, so maybe I'm totally wrong, but the most talented staff didn't appear constantly in any shows of the last year. Perhaps they will show up in this.

[... the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic. ...] Arundhati Roy
_gallo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 12:37   Link #62
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Which staff are you referring to?
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 14:02   Link #63
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

It's referring to Newtype.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 14:54   Link #64
_gallo_

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Which staff are you referring to?
Well, for example I haven’t seen Nakamura around lately. Same holds for Suichi Kaneko, Yoshiyuki Ito, Kenji Mizuhata, Shin Matsou (whom I like quite a bit), Ayumi Kurashima etc. I don’t know if all of them are employed at Bones, but in the past they were in the credits of several episodes. Lots of them worked on Prototype, but that was a very short oav, and with that exception of that they went missing in more recent period. Or perhaps they’re doing Heroman, but since I don’t follow it….

[... the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic. ...] Arundhati Roy
_gallo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 15:57   Link #65
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _gallo_ View Post
Well, for example I haven’t seen Nakamura around lately. Same holds for Suichi Kaneko, Yoshiyuki Ito, Kenji Mizuhata, Shin Matsou (whom I like quite a bit), Ayumi Kurashima etc. I don’t know if all of them are employed at Bones, but in the past they were in the credits of several episodes. Lots of them worked on Prototype, but that was a very short oav, and with that exception of that they went missing in more recent period. Or perhaps they’re doing Heroman, but since I don’t follow it….
Nakamura is working on the DtB2 OVAs, he did a scene in the first one, and I believe he has a scene in the final one coming out this month as well. He also animated several scenes in the second FMA:B OP. He did a scene in Halo Legends too.

Kaneko worked on the E7 movie and the ToV movie (Production IG) recently.

Ito has worked on DtB2 OVA1, FMA:B OP2 and Halo Legends. He's obviously also very involved in Star Driver.

Mizuhata has done a number of FMA:B episodes, Halo Legends, E7 movie.

Matsou has worked on non-BONES stuff post-SoulEater, so he isn't exactly off the map. He might be working on Soul Driver though, that would be nice.

Kurashima married the main animation director of Xam'd (Masashi Okumura) after the series concluded. Since she has not worked on anything since, she's either taking a break, or maybe they're making babies.

duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 16:22   Link #66
konart

Heroman, again?

Uber-ugly mecha design, lol. Bones just need to leave mecha to big papa - Sunrise, and do something that suits them
Old 2010-07-06, 17:37   Link #67
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Heroman, again?

Uber-ugly mecha design, lol. Bones just need to leave mecha to big papa - Sunrise, and do something that suits them
You mean Sunrise is famous for good looking mecha and not reused scenes?
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 17:49   Link #68
konart

I mean Bones just can't do anything good here.

"reused scenes?"
Same goes for Bones with their character designs.
Old 2010-07-06, 18:15   Link #69
aardvark

Quote:
Heroman, again?

Uhh, Mecha has been the bread and butter of Bones since they were founded. Post Bones Sunrise pales in comparison, I dont think there is a single Sunrise TV mecha show from the 00s that Id rank above even the worst Bones Mecha series :P

(yes, I truly despise modern Sunrise shows)
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 18:56   Link #70
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
I mean Bones just can't do anything good here.

"reused scenes?"
Same goes for Bones with their character designs.
Sounds like you don't know what you're talking about. Pointless subjective argument aside, why are you comparing reused scenes to character designs?

Sunrise has been reusing animations in the shows to save budget, which reduces quality of their productions, they've been doing this for 30 years. This has nothing to do with character design.

What about Bones and their character designs? You mean they reuse character designs alot? You're comparing this to Sunrise who has basically reused both mecha and character designs for the past 30 years.

Why does Daitarn 3 look so similar to Zambot 3? Why does RX-78 Gundam look so similar to Zambot 3? How about Ideon? Yuusha series? Wait, why do they even keep making Gundam series?

Leave it to Sunrise for mecha? Because they only have one type of mecha design? Oh wait there's King Gainer and Zegapain, but most people haven't even heard of them. And Code Geass? KMFs are basically inspired by LFOs of Bone's Eureka 7.

Bones has always came up with mecha that are completely unique in design, of all studios that do mecha, they are the most creative with designs.

Toei super robots always have round, cylindrical bodies and limbs, Gainax is quite creative, but that's because they reference and parody other mecha.

And its not that I have anything against any mecha, I'm just stating facts.

Old 2010-07-07, 00:28   Link #71
Nosauz

I'm once more excited by the Bones machine, although I doubt we'll see anything like Raxephon, I'd be happy to get something on the lines of DtB season 1. Anyway I dunno why people are ragging on the mecha design, other than the obscenely long neck I don't see anything too ridiculous about the mecha design. Anyway heres hoping we get more than saturday morning post the amazing spiderman cartoon writing. God damn stan lee.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 00:31   Link #72
jonli
JONLIの憂'

@C.A

I believe it's a little unfair to judge Sunrise like that again. What you say is true but it seems like they're trying to take a different approach lately, especially with the Gundam franchise. I know 00 has recycled images, but RARELY, it was mostly new animation every fight scene.

I do somewhat agree that the mecha designs for Star Driver is quite disgusting, but it might grow on me since it's so peculiar. Heroman on the other hand just rips my mind.

The whole Gakuen mecha thing is a bit of a turn-off too, but being a Bones fan I'll check it out for sure.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 02:23   Link #73
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
RahXephon show and design are way better than anything mecha related Sunrise have put out since Bones formed.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 03:46   Link #74
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
RahXephon show and design are way better than anything mecha related Sunrise have put out since Bones formed.
Turn A Gundam and Overman King Gainer aside i'd totally agree with you, though then again i class RahXephon as one of the best in the genre by a long shot.
Old 2010-07-07, 11:51   Link #75
Jarmel

Hmm. The focus on the legs in regards to the "cybuddy"(I love that name) implies to me a high focus on mobility and speed. Coupled that with the European swordsman hat, I'm going to take a guess and say fencing or some form of swordmanship is going to be the primary method of attack for the robot. Also that particular robot seems female going by the hips and high heels. The design for the mech also seems that there isn't a direct form of control(by that I mean piloting it).

As for the character designs, they look somewhat generic and I'm not a particular fan of the blond friend.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 12:04   Link #76
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Actually the description says the robot is designed to be 'slim macho', it is not feminine.

Old 2010-07-07, 12:08   Link #77
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Actually the description says the robot is designed to be 'slim macho', it is not feminine.
............... Really? With the high-heel design, broad thighs(leading up to wide hips) and hourglass shape? Christ, it even looks like the robot has a 'chest'.
Old 2010-07-07, 12:27   Link #78
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
............... Really? With the high-heel design, broad thighs(leading up to wide hips) and hourglass shape? Christ, it even looks like the robot has a 'chest'.
Yea, the director's orders to the designer was 'Slim macho. With a unique silhouette design."

Old 2010-07-07, 12:32   Link #79
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Yea, the director's orders to the designer was 'Slim macho. With a unique silhouette design."
Well somebody either screwed up or something got lost in the translation somewhere. This screams female. Now watch it get played by somebody with a deep male voice...
Old 2010-07-08, 15:11   Link #80
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Nah...

But I won't deny the quality of RahXephon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Well somebody either screwed up or something got lost in the translation somewhere. This screams female. Now watch it get played by somebody with a deep male voice...
at first glance looks famine but on a second I say it has more of a "gentleman" feeling to it.

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen