AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-01-25, 22:24   Link #61
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Nanoha x Yuuno (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha) - They set it up. They had it ready. They even brought in Chrono to be Yuuno's tsundere rival. Then they dumped it for the yuri innuendos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
They had the buildup quite nicely... So I was also sad about the sudden turns they made with it
With Nanoh/Yunno at least you could still pretend it's happening (The creators made sure of it)

The real heartbreaker was the destruction of Chrono/Fate- It was there, it could totally happen... And it didn't. Sealed in the coffin and buried twelve feet under granite.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 03:36   Link #62
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
With Nanoh/Yunno at least you could still pretend it's happening (The creators made sure of it)
Maybe if you pretend StrikerS didn't happen and ignore it's timeline .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 18:56   Link #63
tatoearashiga

Magistel and Kurosawa from Onani Master Kurosawa. The reader expected that they would be together by how these two people are alike and shared the same interest, then that brocolli guy out of nowhere just become her boyfriend. I felt Takigawa lead on Kurosawa..
tatoearashiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 06:42   Link #64
Olivia_688

Soy and Nakago's love story never had a chance to bloom into marriage
Old 2012-09-19, 09:23   Link #65
stelok
I My Me Strawberry Eggs

Send a message via ICQ to stelok Send a message via AIM to stelok Send a message via MSN to stelok Send a message via Yahoo to stelok
Amawa Hibiki-sensei and Kuzuha Fuuko-chan's relationship never came true in I My Me Strawberry Eggs.

stelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 15:50   Link #66
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Airi Sena and Shingo Uryu from Mashiroiro Symphony. Airi is built up to be the winner during the first half of the series and suddenly the relationship between her and Uryu disappears without any kind of denial from either party.

[mod edit: removed unnecessary barb; could be discussed in the anime thread if you want to pursue that argument]
GANBARIMASU

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-20 at 14:52.
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 16:53   Link #67
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Noe X Shinichiro from True Tears. I found their brief time as boyfriend/girlfriend to make for extremely compelling romance. My favorite non-canon het anime romance of all-time.

Yorito X Mana from Sola. I liked most of the options Yorito had in this anime, but I found Mana very endearing. She was like the perfect bro to Yorito, only as a cute girl. I think it was clear she had a crush on him, and the two could have had a really beautiful relationship.

Narumi X Haruka from Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. Haruka is a lovely character that deserved much better than what happened, and it was clear how deeply Narumi loved her. If not for truly nightmarish circumstances, I'm sure this pairing would have worked out, and probably had been comparable to Tomoya and Nagisa from Clannad!

Yui X Azusa from K-On! The K-On movie sold me on this pairing.

Natsumi X Saki from Natsuiro Kiseki One scene between them hinted at a serious romantic confession. That, and a very tight bond between them, was all my yuri goggles needed.

Madoka X Sayaka from Madoka Magica. This is where I go the most into controversial territory, I'm sure. But being a guy who tends to wear yuri goggles at almost all times, their very first shared scene together had a lasting impact on me... and it's in that scene that Sayaka loudly declared she would make Madoka her wife, lol. I also saw a lot of nice, subtle hints throughout the anime of Sayaka being very protective of Madoka, while Madoka's strong reaction to what happened to Sayaka in the second half of the anime struck me as going a bit beyond friendship alone.

Don't worry, Madoka/Homura shippers, I get the appeal of that "canon pairing" as well, but Madoka/Sayaka simply clicked for me in a big way.

Special Mention:

Yuiichi X Shiori from Kanon I felt that Shiori, more than any other Kanon heroine, had the best romantic chemistry with Yuiichi. I also felt that Shiori was the most mature of the Kanon heroines - The one most able to rise to Yuiichi's conversational level.

Why is this a special mention? Because I honestly view the Kanon anime's ending as being ambiguous enough to leave this as a canon possibility.
Old 2012-09-19, 20:31   Link #68
Kirarakim

In general I tend to have a canon radar so I usually root for and know who the main couple are.

However I was disappointed in Honey & Clover that Hagu did not end up with
Spoiler:
. I really wanted them to be the end couple, even worse I don't like who Hagu ended up with. Honey & Clover is still one of my favorite series as there is much more to it than the romantic aspect but I still wish this part ended differently.

At the same time though the series has one of my most favorite unrequited love stories between Hagu &
Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-19, 21:10   Link #69
stelok
I My Me Strawberry Eggs

Send a message via ICQ to stelok Send a message via AIM to stelok Send a message via MSN to stelok Send a message via Yahoo to stelok
This is a one-sided relationship worth discussing in the anime Tactical Roar. They still have a long way towards a relationship but unfortunately for Tsubasa, her unrequited crush of an idiot has his feelings for another girl.

stelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 21:37   Link #70
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelok View Post
This is a one-sided relationship worth discussing in the anime Tactical Roar. They still have a long way towards a relationship but unfortunately for Tsubasa, her unrequited crush of an idiot has his feelings for another girl.

i tried watching that but i just gave up after 6 eps the main guy character was just plain...........PLAIN! He was just a normal guy

well anyway im going YurixEstelle from the tales of vesperia game, no romance at all except in one scene at the end where they gave a sudden hint but that was it
Old 2012-09-19, 22:40   Link #71
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Special Mention:

Yuiichi X Shiori from Kanon I felt that Shiori, more than any other Kanon heroine, had the best romantic chemistry with Yuiichi. I also felt that Shiori was the most mature of the Kanon heroines - The one most able to rise to Yuiichi's conversational level.

Why is this a special mention? Because I honestly view the Kanon anime's ending as being ambiguous enough to leave this as a canon possibility.
Hah, that reminds me; technically any relationship from a VN adaptation can and will happen! So I guess we can play the VN.

But no the ending wasn't ambiguous. It obviously leads with Yuuichi being arrested for being a pedo and Mai has to come bail him out since Ayu's not really underage and then...

Whoops.

That is how it ended, for me. In all seriousness, Shiori is amazing, and Clannad was a clear nod to that.

Edit: Wow, pretty much every favorite female character of mine gets shafted in the romance department.
/bitter

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 04:17   Link #72
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Nishino x Junpei (Ichigo 100%) - Nvm, it did happen

Yoshinori x Minamo (Yubisaki Milk Tea) - they're also a good pair, compared to the other ending.

Yuzuki x Enma Ai (Hell Girl Season 3) - yuri ftw

Last edited by vansonbee; 2012-09-21 at 02:42.
vansonbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 05:10   Link #73
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Hah, that reminds me; technically any relationship from a VN adaptation can and will happen! So I guess we can play the VN.

But no the ending wasn't ambiguous. It obviously leads with Yuuichi being arrested for being a pedo and Mai has to come bail him out since Ayu's not really underage and then...

Whoops.
Ha ha ha!

Yeah, that's part of the reason I never really got into Yuuichi/Ayu - Even as a teenager, Ayu looks underaged for Yuuichi, lol.
Old 2012-09-20, 05:42   Link #74
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Infinite Stratos: Ichika x Rin
Kono kana ni hitori imouto ga iru: Shougo x Miyabi

My heart bleeds. Both twintail tsunderes lost.

OreImo: Kyousuke x Ruri
BokuTomo: Kodaka x Sena

Both in slice-of-life series involving school clubs.

Bleach: Ichigo x Rukia
Naruto: Naruto x Sakura
One Piece: Luffy x Nami

All 3 involve the lead hero and lead heroine. Though the big 3 haven't ended yet, nothing's settled in the relationships.

Yumekui Merry: Yumeji x Merry
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 09:37   Link #75
Arya

Luckily my memory seems to have not enough room for everything, so usually when a show doesn't go with my favorite couple it won't last long in my memory either.
But Triple_R reminded me of Kanon, where I 'd preferred Nayuki, the MC's cousin, instead of that girl who came out of nowhere. It pissed me off, but ten years ago I was a noob so I was taken off-guard.

Another anime that I had forgotten is Zegapain, I totally was all for Shizuno, where sadly from the very start I had the feeling that she would have ended alone. And the whole concept of being forgotten really was sad enough even without having to have her rival being an osananajimi, like adding insult to injury for me

But the couple I really liked was Sen x Ritsuko from Sakamichi, ok, I dropped the series after six or seven episodes (basically when I felt the show had taken a slippery slope. For that reason I then spoiled the ending, so dropping the show was inevitable, and reading here and there that was the best choice I could have made). They were so good together. If only that MC hasn't been the MC of the show. Once in a life I rooted for a childhood friend character I got punished
Anyways, if SnA had been a romance anime instead of a coming of age one it could have get near True Tears in terms of awesomeness. Sadly it didn't.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 09:54   Link #76
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Yoshinori x Minamo (Yubisaki Milk Tea) - they're also a good pair, compared to the other ending.
At one point I wondered if the author was at least going to go for a surprising Yoshinori x Yuki ending...!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 11:28   Link #77
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
At one point I wondered if the author was at least going to go for a surprising Yoshinori x Yuki ending...!
That ending reminds me of "School Days" for some reason. It's freaky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Narumi X Haruka from Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. Haruka is a lovely character that deserved much better than what happened, and it was clear how deeply Narumi loved her. If not for truly nightmarish circumstances, I'm sure this pairing would have worked out, and probably had been comparable to Tomoya and Nagisa from Clannad!
Well, I think Narumi would of love anyone deeply the same, if they were in Haruka position.

I'm more of a Mitsuki sympathizer , even though she won in the end. She had to go through a lot of crap, but I'm glad Narumi finally gotten gotten his sense's in check.

Before all of the relationship back in high school, I think Narumi liked Mitsuki, but she pushed Haruka on him and that's where the focus was slowly shifted. I like Haruka too, because both girls are both deserving of having a good relationship.
Old 2012-09-20, 13:55   Link #78
Bern-san

Fushigi Yugi: Tasuki x Miaka, I liked Tamahome but then developed a crush on Tasuki

Gintama: Hijikata x Mitsuba I cried

Fate/Zero: I kinda liked Saber x Lancer...

Samurai Champlo: Jin x Fuu x Mugen

Darker than Black: Hei x Amber, she was awesome!

Inu x Boku SS: Karuta x Kagerou, when they interact with each other they're so hggggg.

Fairy Tail: Gray x Lucy, honestly at the start of the series I seriously shipped those two

Shiki: Ozaki x Ritsuko, I also like Tohru x Ritsuko but during the hospital scenes I couldn't help but ship the nurse and the doctor

Code name wa Sailor V: Minako x Kaito Ace
Old 2012-09-20, 19:43   Link #79
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Athena x Godou: Foe Yay
Old 2012-09-20, 22:02   Link #80
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Code Geass: Lelouch x CC

Gundam Seed Destiny: Athrun x Cagalli (WTF???), Shin x Stella
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote