AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2006-04-15, 17:14   Link #121
Asphyxiate
Blob

Muaaaaa...maybe you should try to find a basics manual.

Spoiler:
Asphyxiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 17:25   Link #122
Cyz
"Show it to me"

thank you! oh! and my photoshop doesn't have a manual so that's why im clueless
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 17:37   Link #123
Newtyped
Gangsta Member

Send a message via ICQ to Newtyped Send a message via AIM to Newtyped Send a message via Yahoo to Newtyped
the way i learned ps (yesterday was the first day i made something with it i swear to god),
is that i just saw that what it says is what it does
the basics that you need to understand are:
selecting (using laso, or boz tool):
when u select an item, any things u do (such as gradient) is within the selected area. therefore if u selected a part, than copied it thats what you get.
Layers
Everytime you paste something, or add a new object, it makes a new layer. therefore if you copied something from one image and pasted it on another, its two layers. layers are important caus u need them in animation
Eraser
a very important thing that took me a couple of minutes to learn (which was pretty long for me ) was that eraser doesnt just make the part you erase over white. It actually deleates from the image. Therefore say you copied an image with a white backround. You decide to paste it over another image. Youd notice that the whole image (even the white) will appear over the backround image. If however you erased over the white part (you wouldnt see the difference yet) you will find that if you paste over the backround again, that it DOESNT show the white. Now this may be a pain in the ass, believe me its the longest part for me. However there are 2 other eraser tools that will make your job easier:
1. backround eraser
lord i dont know how it works, but i love it. Simple erase over some words that are in front of a picture (actual words that are part of it, not text using the text input tool) and you will notice that the bakround behind the words disapear, and not the words o_O. I dont know how this works exactly, or its limitations. I just say play around with it
2. Magic eraser
this is like a paintbucket, except it actually clears the area you click in. However if part of a line is broken, it may clear more than you want it to. Use it with crisp lines, and not small broken ones.
Another lesson on layers
ok this is important, and it took me a while to get used to. On your layers toolbar is where you will be working with layers naturally. However there are a few things you need to consider
1. View layer
the little eye next to a layer, shows wether u see the layer. This is important for animation (very important) and also it will make your life easier. However note 2 things. You cant work with a layer thats hidden, just because you cant see the layer doesnt mean your not working with it. You need to select the layer you are working with.
2. Work on layer
if you click the whole layer, the layer you are working on is the one with the brush on it. This is important since if you have several layers, you have to have the brush on to work on the one you wanna work on. just because you see a bunch of layers, doesnt mean you are working on them all.

A little basics with animation:
yup learned it yesterday along with ps in general
Ok to use animation you need layers. If you understood what i said before, you will understand new objects make new layers. However there is another way to make layers. If you selected an area, and than chose to do "layer via copy" that will mean you make a new layer of the exact object you copied. This is important for doing things such as editing animation with a brush, since brushes dont make new layers. after you have the layers you want, go to "edit in image ready" on the bottom you will see the animation toolbar. First you need to simply click on the page icon for how many pages of animation you want. I usually do mine to how many layers i have, since layers make the animation. You can set the timing easily with the animation by clicking on it, thats not ahrd at all. However you have to realize that each animation deals with layers seperatly. say for insatance your first page of animation had a circle on it. If you went to the 2nd animation and removed the circle layer, than it will apply only to that animation. therefore you do your animation by selecting in each animation slide, wether or not you view a layer. You'll get used to it .

some basic tips with animation(stuff i use)
Sparkles, bullets, rain wutever
if you want to have an effect that covers the whole picture, but you want it to look like its hitting all over it (hard to explain, just look at my examples lol) than its real easy to do. Simply just add the effect once with a new layer (like for sparkles, do select all, layer via copy, than just use the sparkle brush and dab all over the new layer). Just add another layer, and use the same brush, but try to tab in slighty different places. this will make area effects
Movement
Say you wanted to make something expand. there is an easy way. First lasso the item you want to expand or move i guess, and copy it. Paste it, but make it smaller or bigger, or in a different spot (free transform). Keep doing this until it completes an animation. some good techniques to use:
rotate
skew (to make a fluid motion)
distort (to make advanced expansion)
perspective (you can do nice grow effects)

o well i hope that helped ^^;;
just some basic tips from a begginer ^^;;
Newtyped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 15:59   Link #124
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

hey guys its me again! ... yeh anywho i was just wondering, im getting really bored of the old fonts, so i was wondering, how do i get better fonts on my ps thing?
kira_lacusXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 16:03   Link #125
SweetHoney
~Nanchatte Renai
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira_lacusXX
hey guys its me again! ... yeh anywho i was just wondering, im getting really bored of the old fonts, so i was wondering, how do i get better fonts on my ps thing?
Like more fancy fonts I'm guessing? Welll download some fonts then cut or copy them open up my computer, click local disk, go into WINDOWS and find the file that has fonts and paste the font there hopefully that's what you wanted
Old 2006-04-18, 16:08   Link #126
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

i mean like actually have it with the list i can choose from, if thats possible
Old 2006-04-18, 16:18   Link #127
SweetHoney
~Nanchatte Renai
*Scanlator

Yeah that's what you do what I posted before download the font cut ot paste it then follow on what I did to make it come down on the list when you put text on
Old 2006-04-18, 16:33   Link #128
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

o...didnt know that...thanks SH
Old 2006-04-18, 22:28   Link #129
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I dont understand a thing you gals are saying ;_;

Typical girl talk -_-|||
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 18:26   Link #130
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

k SH...i was following what you said...i cant copy and paste...it wont highlight for me and i dont know any other way to do it

edit: below...o...heh heh...i knew that,

idiot me XP

edit2:I GOT IT!!! w00t!! thanks SH and xiate

Last edited by kira_lacusXX; 2006-04-19 at 18:47.
Old 2006-04-19, 18:37   Link #131
Asphyxiate
Blob

Once you download the font file, you have to copy and paste the file, don't open it and try to copy paste the words.
Asphyxiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 12:46   Link #132
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Post Getting & Using New Fonts.

Spoiler for Reply:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Geting Started

Here's are some nice little websites to get free fonts:
downloadfreefonts.com
dafont.com

Installing
The easy normal way...
  1. First download the fonts from the site above
  2. You'll have to extract them.
    You'll need programs like WinRar or WinZip the FREE alternative to these is 7-Zip.
  3. Go to your Control Panel then Fonts.
    Chouse Install New Font (from your File menu)
  4. Go to the directory where you have them saved
  5. Chouse Select All (or manually select them) and hit OK.

Now if you go into PhotoShop or ImageReady or any other application you can see the fonts, and use them, even if the application was running when you installed them.

Even Simpler
Another way...

A simpler way to install fonts is to create a shorcut of the Fonts thingy in your Control Panel. Just go left click on it and select Send to... » Desktop. Now all you have to do is extract the fonts then drag and drop on the icon to install them.

Last edited by felix; 2007-02-03 at 07:35. Reason: Reved QC.
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 19:34   Link #133
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

o okay...that i actually understood after only reading it once it also sounds wayyy easier too! thanks BCXIII
Old 2006-05-15, 17:04   Link #134
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

I think I'll go through this thread and add an Index to the first post to make it easier to find all the great tutorials here.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 22:42   Link #135
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Thanks CG .. would you mind adding a link to this thread from the stickied how to create av thread as well.. since this thread keep getting lost down the grave

I've seen quite a few sig beginner asking questions on that thread and i love to point them to this thread but a bit troublesome since we need to search for it as well :'(

linking this thread at the first post of that thread could help ^_^ .. So I could bash them for not reading the first post

j/k
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-05-17, 09:23   Link #136
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

oh .. douple post O_O

Banzai for getting stickied ^_^
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-05-17, 09:33   Link #137
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto
Banzai for getting stickied ^_^
Heh Yeah, I thought that might help. I'll keep it stuck here for a little bit at least. It'll help me dig through while making the Index.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-19, 14:31   Link #138
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

You mean like this...

Signature size problem... (common beginners mistake)... watch out for this or you'll get in trouble ^^

Rounded Edge Tutorial © Yuiichi
Pen Tool Tutorial © Dragonwingz
Advanced Rounded Edges Tutorial © Yuiichi
Shuffle Text Tutorial © Yuiichi
Brushes Sites © Yuiichi
Cutting Render using Quick Mask Tutorial © Kira_Naruto
Layer Blending Tips © Drake
Filters Tutorial © Kira_Naruto
Brush Background Tutorial © Yuiichi
Color Up Your Signature Tutorial © Kira_Naruto
Border To Animated GIFs Tutorial © Catgirls
Changing Colors Tutorial © Kira_Naruto
How to do a (non continuos) Loop Tutorial © Pellissier with expansion by Kira_Naruto
Rounded Border Tutorial © BlackCatXIII
Resize Picture Tutorial © Catgirls
Short-cut Tutorial © evil-samurai
How To Make Complex Selections Tutorial © BlackCatXIII
Optimizing Gifs Tutorial © BlackCatXIII with expansion by Kira_Naruto
Advanced Optimization Tutorial © Riker
Step-by-Step Placing Text Tutorial © Asphyxiate
Getting/Using New Fonts Tutorial © SweetHoney
Getting/Using New Fonts Tutorial © BlackCatXIII

I was thinking of creating this when I found time to create a complete forum index (all the links to the guides... and the stupid threads that get recreated again and again... not to mention the stupid answers) but I guess it's better if the index is here and not in another thread...

P.S. Please check if the people listed have any objections before using it ^^... I tried to include everybody...

And please check if Newtyped's post above (second on this page) is a tutorial... it didn't seem like that to me so it wasn't listed...
Old 2006-05-19, 18:41   Link #139
suwayya
King of the ...'s

Send a message via MSN to suwayya
Ok... I made some eyes for my signature and i animated them. The problem is the poor quality of the overall picture. Any good advice?

Maby im just picky when it comes to quality? Does it look okey?
Old 2006-05-19, 19:17   Link #140
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

^Animated GIF files usually have lower quality since they're only limited to only 256 colors. It gets worse if you have to shrink it down to 50kb with that size.

Anyways, it looks fine. You just won't be able to use it in this forum.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avatar, graphic, photoshop, signature