AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like Ichimaru Gin?
Yes! 331 68.11%
No! 65 13.37%
Don't hate him, nor do I like him. I've issues. What now? 90 18.52%
Voters: 486. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-18, 01:02   Link #241
twkiwilee

Meisterdieb, and thus, you dislike Gin is the answer you should pick because you would love to dance on Gin's grave. Oh my poor Gin!! Sniff~

I believe the question for this forum could be rephrased as "Would you be very happy once Gin dies?"

yes= dislike/hate
no= like/love/neutral

Obviously... but

I get what you're coming from. For example, I love Aizen for being the bad guy, because I dislike/hate (not so sure to what extent yet; it all depends if he messes with any one of my favorite characters) him and wish him dead when Bleach ends :P And so if there ever was a poll asking "Do you like Aizen?" I would definitely pick a BIG FAT "NO!!!"
Old 2009-03-21, 21:12   Link #242
ria1414

I can't stand Ichimaru. The fact that he causes trouble, and still has a smile on his faces really pisses me off. It's his fault that Ichigo got into the Soul Society. He should have killed him when he had the chance.

Last edited by NightWish; 2009-03-23 at 10:05.
Old 2009-03-22, 00:16   Link #243
Langus
Optimus Prime

So you would have rather Rukia died and the entire SS arc not happen? (confused...)
Old 2009-03-22, 05:31   Link #244
Kuroda

I wish there was a Hell yes option, but i voted for yes awhile ago ichimaru = winzors. I seriously doubt Ichimaru could have been killed in the SS arc, if aizen is scared of him, i think most of soul society should have been as well.
Old 2009-03-23, 10:21   Link #245
Anju Yokutsu
Ramen Obssessed Vampire

Send a message via MSN to Anju Yokutsu
Ok Gin sorta freaks me out.... At times I hate him at other times he's ok-- But what I still didn't get is I think it was in the SS arc I dunno but:
Spoiler for ep 35 I think:
I GOT SO---Sorry...... She was one of my favs amonst the females besides when she
Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-23, 14:08   Link #246
TeNMaN
Lost & Found

GIN = PURE WIN! Gin needs more time in the spotlight so badly. There are so many lame characters in Bleach that are popular. Gin is always interesting and entertaining! One of my favorite points in Bleach will always be when Gin is praising Hitsugaya for being the child prodigy that only comes along once a few centuries. Clearly Gin is mocking Hitsugaya since he was also considered a child prodigy that came along only once in awhile!
Old 2009-03-23, 18:04   Link #247
Langus
Optimus Prime

I'm convinced Gin is the ONLY true child prodigy in Bleach. And for that matter, I wish he HAD killed Momo. But he didn't. He seems to have a distinct aversion to actually killing anyone (apart from that one lowly third seat of course, but I've already posted my thoughts on that at length).
Old 2009-03-23, 19:33   Link #248
Arachne

I don't like Gin at all. I find him to be boring and bland then again I don't like Medusa from Soul Eater either. They are both characters I could live without tbh.
Old 2009-03-23, 19:34   Link #249
Langus
Optimus Prime

Bland and Generic are NOT in any category of words I would use to describe Gin's character.
Old 2009-03-23, 19:42   Link #250
Arachne

No, but they are the words the I use to describe him.
Old 2009-03-24, 00:31   Link #251
Kuroda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
No, but they are the words the I use to describe him.
Really Gin is pretty damn unique compared to the characters, he rarely opens his eyes, but is not blind like Tousen is hes also got an exceptional killing power over some of the zanpaktou we have seen in just a plain sword, Hes a little overpowered in the anime, but i hardly see him as boring.
Old 2009-03-24, 11:53   Link #252
TeNMaN
Lost & Found

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
I'm convinced Gin is the ONLY true child prodigy in Bleach. And for that matter, I wish he HAD killed Momo. But he didn't. He seems to have a distinct aversion to actually killing anyone (apart from that one lowly third seat of course, but I've already posted my thoughts on that at length).
Yeah, that is kind of what I meant by Gin mocking Hitsugaya. Hitsugaya does have potential but Gin seems to be more of the true badass prodigy!
Old 2009-03-24, 14:10   Link #253
saffy
English Butter

Gin may sometimes feel bland because there is hardly any true insight into his personality, almost everything about him is gleaned from a third person; making him a difficult character to pin down. We've also no real knowledge on his take on any matter and no understanding of his true goals, if any. He's just Aizen's loyal little lackey

But actually, this is what I love about him.

His foxy, tricky eyes and his translucent take on morals, make him a character to anticipate, he seems to have genuine bouts of sympathy or care for other characters but is just as much likely to overcome those bouts with terrifying evil.

He's seductive to the reader, I for one always anticipate his entrance in a chapter, as I'm never quite sure of what he's going to do or say next.
Old 2009-03-24, 16:26   Link #254
Langus
Optimus Prime

I think his loyalty to Aizen is questionable at best. It makes his motives far more intriguing, at least from where I'm sitting. And Matsumoto? What the HECK is going on there...?
Old 2009-03-24, 16:51   Link #255
Kafriel
Senior Guest

About Aizen, the two seem to be very close to each other, like when Tousen burned GJ's arm, he said "you knew he'd get mad, but you still did it". Aizen has also known Ichimaru ever since he was a kid, so I think his true loyalty lies with Aizen. About his relationship with Matsumoto, they've also known each other since they were kids,but iunno...it's like they walked different paths (despite both being in gotei 13) and kinda lost touch....if there is any romantic relationship in bleach that could be interesting, it's definitely this one.
Old 2009-03-24, 16:54   Link #256
saffy
English Butter

I see what your saying, and in that respect I feel unnerved about him and his true motives for joining Aizen.

Matsumoto's the reason I started doubting his purely evil behaviour.

And Rukia the reason, I feel conflicted about him because god he was evil with her.

He's a trickster of some sort and KT's made him pretty darn good at it; I just wonder who he'll outwit in the end Aizen or the readers.

Dont you see people?! He's far from bland, he's more dimensional that a million others, Ichigo included.
Old 2009-03-24, 16:57   Link #257
Kafriel
Senior Guest

He just loves pestering people, like that time with Byakuya when he and Kenpachi went over for a visit in the beginning of the SS arc. I really can't think of any reason why he would kill someone (the 3rd seat) and what Aizen could possibly have to offer him...unless it has something to do with the "fear of death" that Ichimaru and Tousen share in common (from Kenpachi's quote,same chapter).
Old 2009-03-24, 17:02   Link #258
saffy
English Butter

Quote:
About Aizen, the two seem to be very close to each other, like when Tousen burned GJ's arm, he said "you knew he'd get mad, but you still did it"
Yes, a point. But just because he's hung around him a long while, doesn't really mean he's bonded with him and/or is in turn loyal to him.

However, with little information its difficult to judge. The only reason I instinctively feel for Gin joining Aizen is his own malicious and carefree nature. He was a child prodigy, bored with normal Gotei 13 life, the thought of joining Aizen where he can obviously get up to more mischief and caught up in more excitement and a higher status would seem to him a godsend, at least thats how I think of him -

The problem with that is, his little bouts of seeming humanity, as someone said above, his sparing or reluctancy to take lives - Matsumoto! For example
Old 2009-03-24, 18:03   Link #259
Langus
Optimus Prime

Well I'm just going to throw a few ideas out there just so you can maybe see where I'm coming from on some of this. Feel free to take it as you will, but it's there for you to consider anyway.

In regards to Gin's loyalty to Aizen: I say it's questionable at best because he's never exactly been shown to be loyal to him. We assume he's loyal to him because he follows along at his side/goes along with his plans but we don't know what his motives are.

What I've seen throughout the series are occasions where Gin challenges Aizen's authority, both directly and passive aggressively. One example that sticks out in my mind is the scene at the end of the SS arc on Sogyoukou (sp?) Hill. Gin SAW Ichigo coming, admitted that he saw him coming and did nothing to stop him from attacking Aizen. In most cases, a loyal subordinate's first duty is to protect their superior officer, not sit back and see what happens.

Also, when Gin was caught by Matsumoto he made absolutely not attempt to avoid it or fight it. He just grinned and said "Oops" and then looked INCREDIBLY sad/angsty when he apologized to her and left. This suggests to me that he's not with Aizen by choice but rather, has been somehow coerced into siding with him (though for what reason that might be it's impossible to know as of yet).

More recently, in the manga,
Spoiler for Manga spoiler:

As for Gin killing as a child, I've got a pretty particular stance on this one that's based entirely on how that scene is portrayed in both the anime and the manga.

Gin is a child in that scene - albeit a very advanced/powerful one, but he's still a child. Children simply don't understand the full moral and literal repercussions of their actions.

Consider Aizen's words too. They're a challenge, a very "oh really? You're the strongest one here? Let me see just how strong you are" type of scenario. It was apparent that Aizen didn't just stumble across that scene and go "OMG WTF you just killed the third seat?!" He's calm, calculating and intrigued. Aizen acts in that scene the exact way he does in every other scene when people do exactly what he wants them to do.

Considering Gin has been under Aizen's influence from such an early age, it isn't unreasonable to think that Aizen took an extremely advance, loner, but otherwise normal boy (as evidenced by his interactions with Matsumoto) and conditioned him to become the sadist he's become in the series.

Matsumoto is his one saving grace. Without her (and Kira, arguably) he'd be a lost cause, but he seems to have a genuine connection with those two and an affection for them. He genuinely seems to care about their well being. True villains don't have hearts which is why Gin will always be a sympathetic bad guy in my eyes.

That's all Hope you enjoyed the ramble!
Old 2009-03-26, 09:28   Link #260
KimmyChan

Nope, I can't stand him at all I'm afraid
Closed Thread