AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-05-07, 01:01   Link #561
EnigmaticAxiom

A very very very rough translation.

Spoiler for Ladies and gentlemen, we may have a new Gar:

This was translated by a crappy translator who is still learning the language with absolutely no context behind anything of what is happening. Pretty much, I just took the last 6 pages (1 image) and translated them to the best of my knowledge. I hope it matches whatever spoilers were posted, since it would be a bit embarrassing for me if it didn't. Now to actually read what has been posted >.>:

Edit: Just so people know, there were a few parts where I was definitely confused. One of which was the line regarding Canaria. I wasn't sure if Dahak defeated them (as in, this was the one that destroyed their community) or if Canaria sealed him away and she was surprised it was even possible (for some reason, I thought this was the case beforehand).
I was also confused a bit about the Yellow River. The Yellow River is a river in china which is notorious for having corpses in it. I can't remember if there was something drastic with it or if it were purely deaths from natural disasters, though. I took "Souvenir of the Yellow River" (If that's even the actual translation) to mean a corpse (as in, Izayoi was essentially dead before he challenged Dahak to the game), or if Dahak was giving him a souvenir before he became a corpse. Again, take it for what it's worth.
Yet another thing is that I wasn't sure if Dahak shook him off and Izayoi stopped the blood with the tensing of his muscles, or if he stopped Dahak from shaking him off by using his muscles to hold onto him.
I'm also not sure who spoke in the first line. It might be Amalthea, it could be Shiro Yasha (Byakura or something in her unsealed form, I guess?), or some random person. No idea.
As a side note, I do like the Strength/Wisdom/Courage lines Dahak states at the end of the novel :x

Last edited by EnigmaticAxiom; 2013-05-07 at 08:34.
EnigmaticAxiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 05:49   Link #562
PinkBunnyChan

Thank you for the rough translation

Poor Kuro Usagi Izayoi has to win this
PinkBunnyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 06:21   Link #563
MochiJunFan

Thanks so much for this! ^^v

Hope Izayoi manages... >.<

-------

P.S. Not sure if someone knows this already, but... Seems like the manga of this (the MANGA, not the SPIN-OFF) LN is in progress. Yup, a team picked it up!
MochiJunFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 06:43   Link #564
versionf

Thanks for the translation Enigmatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
I thought Jin could only make a pact because he inherited a gift from his ancestor who won it in a Game with King Solomon?
Well yes his gift grants him full control over the spirit despite himself being weak so it's different from a normal summoner, but making a pact with a spirit isn't exclusive for him.

Apparently if you clear all the conditions of the demon lord's game he'll be enslaved and revived if he died in the game. I have no source though (if you consider JP wiki trustworthy) and don't remember it being explained in the LN, but that's the explanation for Pest and Leticia still alive, apparently it's from author's twitter (read from somewhere on the internet).

But yeah, I can't see how Izayoi will beat this guy. Even if he has a chance, he's too heavily injured and in no condition for a fight like this.

Last edited by versionf; 2013-05-07 at 07:20. Reason: drunk
versionf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 07:26   Link #565
Miraluka
Banned

Aksara:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aksara
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 10:43   Link #566
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticAxiom View Post
A very very very rough translation.

Spoiler for Ladies and gentlemen, we may have a new Gar:

This was translated by a crappy translator who is still learning the language with absolutely no context behind anything of what is happening. Pretty much, I just took the last 6 pages (1 image) and translated them to the best of my knowledge. I hope it matches whatever spoilers were posted, since it would be a bit embarrassing for me if it didn't. Now to actually read what has been posted >.>:

Edit: Just so people know, there were a few parts where I was definitely confused. One of which was the line regarding Canaria. I wasn't sure if Dahak defeated them (as in, this was the one that destroyed their community) or if Canaria sealed him away and she was surprised it was even possible (for some reason, I thought this was the case beforehand).
I was also confused a bit about the Yellow River. The Yellow River is a river in china which is notorious for having corpses in it. I can't remember if there was something drastic with it or if it were purely deaths from natural disasters, though. I took "Souvenir of the Yellow River" (If that's even the actual translation) to mean a corpse (as in, Izayoi was essentially dead before he challenged Dahak to the game), or if Dahak was giving him a souvenir before he became a corpse. Again, take it for what it's worth.
Yet another thing is that I wasn't sure if Dahak shook him off and Izayoi stopped the blood with the tensing of his muscles, or if he stopped Dahak from shaking him off by using his muscles to hold onto him.
I'm also not sure who spoke in the first line. It might be Amalthea, it could be Shiro Yasha (Byakura or something in her unsealed form, I guess?), or some random person. No idea.
As a side note, I do like the Strength/Wisdom/Courage lines Dahak states at the end of the novel :x
...........Holy shit that was badass.
Old 2013-05-07, 12:32   Link #567
Miraluka
Banned

I wonder how Highness and KuroUsagi if that maou ever joins the no-names!! XD
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 14:12   Link #568
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
The Yellow River is a river in china which is notorious for having corpses in it.
that would be the Gangee in India where people would throw half burnt corpse into it. Which is feeding the giant cat fishes in the river.

Quote:
I was also confused a bit about the Yellow River.
is there a Chinese ver you can post?
Old 2013-05-07, 14:17   Link #569
Soji

XFire@ You can say that again.

Also,
Spoiler for spoiler:

Anyway , thanks for the traslation EnigmaticAxiom.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 15:09   Link #570
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
XFire@ You can say that again.

Also,
Spoiler for spoiler:

Anyway , thanks for the traslation EnigmaticAxiom.
When he survives, I'm picturing two different scenarios

Maou says he puts up best fight he has ever seen any human as.
Thinks it will be interesting if he makes a pact with him and lets him live.
Become something like Jin and Pest.

OR

Izayoi is pushed even more so far into a corner that makes him tap his untapped potiential ( told by carnia)
Which leads him to injure maou/get away from him.
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 15:35   Link #571
runset

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticAxiom View Post

for the yellow river, maybe it mean the river that we cross if we are dead. Azi Dahaka never spoke in polite form to anybody inferior being but if his opponent is dead person (he refer to izayoi because his claw already pierced izayoi and there is now way he gonna survive) that will be a different story. his word/ the conversation with that person whose at dead door will be the gift to take into the next world.
And if izayoi truly is dead, can he be summoned just like pest. As we know izayoi is not a normal human being maybe he is a much more higher being than we originally thought. If he can be simonned then i want kurousagi to be the one who summoned him. As a servant izayoi can never disobey kurousagi.
runset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 01:07   Link #572
MochiJunFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
When he survives, I'm picturing two different scenarios

Maou says he puts up best fight he has ever seen any human as.
Thinks it will be interesting if he makes a pact with him and lets him live.
Become something like Jin and Pest.

OR

Izayoi is pushed even more so far into a corner that makes him tap his untapped potiential ( told by carnia)
Which leads him to injure maou/get away from him.
Exactly what I'm thinking. I could also imagine Soji's scenario though.
But in between these two, I'm rooting for the second option. Though being a summon wouldn't hurt too, if he could be summoned at all. (Ignore this rant, I've just started reading summaries this week o.o still confused)

Quote:
Originally Posted by runset View Post
for the yellow river, maybe it mean the river that we cross if we are dead. Azi Dahaka never spoke in polite form to anybody inferior being but if his opponent is dead person (he refer to izayoi because his claw already pierced izayoi and there is now way he gonna survive) that will be a different story. his word/ the conversation with that person whose at dead door will be the gift to take into the next world.
And if izayoi truly is dead, can he be summoned just like pest. As we know izayoi is not a normal human being maybe he is a much more higher being than we originally thought. If he can be simonned then i want kurousagi to be the one who summoned him. As a servant izayoi can never disobey kurousagi.
He could still bully her though LOLs
Jokes aside, I don't think he's dead yet... He tried/is trying to stop the blood flow from wounds.

He'd better live through this one.

--------->8--------

Checked : MnK / FtaK / FMA / Shiki / OHSHC / RK
Checking : HnA
Following : PH / 07-G / FA / K~mor~ / Karneval / MgIkKSdy?
Will check : BnK / Conductor / K - SD / NnM / 7D
Dropped : BnHR / DC
Old 2013-05-08, 10:20   Link #573
alviam099

Of course he would! He's the goddamn protagonist!

alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 10:40   Link #574
MochiJunFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alviam099 View Post
Of course he would! He's the goddamn protagonist!
Probably. Just hope he doesn't become a summon though; it won't be the same.

--------->8--------

Old 2013-05-09, 13:26   Link #575
Bladedknight
Azi GARhaka enthusiast

Oh man, that was badass, what will you do now Izayoi, you basicly invoked the last stand, you shall not pass, event!
Bladedknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 15:47   Link #576
Zerohero

Izayoi will return next volume ..? What is your opinion? ...
Zerohero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 15:47   Link #577
PinkBunnyChan

I don't understand this summoning th
Old 2013-05-09, 15:49   Link #578
PinkBunnyChan

Thing*. Can you summon a dead person?
Old 2013-05-10, 00:05   Link #579
MochiJunFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunnyChan View Post
Thing*. Can you summon a dead person?
That depends, I guess. Maybe similar to how Jin can summon Pest, or something like that.

--------->8--------

Old 2013-05-10, 01:28   Link #580
PinkBunnyChan

Oh I was wondering why they didn't get to summon canaria and the rest.

So i assume Kuro Usagi's hairdlack black-ish from what I read in that translation? XD

Tags
alternate world, sneaker bunko