AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-10-13, 12:31   Link #541
Xical
Phantom User

I feel Iguchi Yuka is really a mismatch for cowgirl, liked her in other charas (her Tsukihi in -gatari is a kill) but here is just a no.
Old 2018-10-13, 12:37   Link #542
zeando
maybenotimome

As feared, the performance of the vocalist in the opening was still below average (the group Mili has otherwise decent instrumentals). The visuals of the opening were ok, too many face shots maybe.
The ending felt overall better than the opening to me, the song and visuals were more average but the vocals at least were better.

I've just finished watching the raw, without having a clear idea of what they were talking about the episode felt slow, maybe it'll feel different with the subs.
Shame they skipped half of the importance of wearing helmets.

Oh right, I think too the VA for adult cowgirl still felt like hearing a small kid talking... her voice and the voice of goblin slayer clash so much, from high to very low.
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 12:41   Link #543
xeviouses

Ep2

Heh, Cow Girl sounds completely the same as when she was a kid, while GS pretty much transitioned from kid to a broken man.

GS demonstrates, through the priestess, a DnD classic---Rule Lawyering.

Okay now for the parts they skipped:
Spoiler for Spoiler maybe?:
Old 2018-10-13, 12:55   Link #544
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Technicaly they doesn't have any mages in party. It's Shaman, two priests and Archer (Ranger) and Goblin slayer (which is probably doesn't fit any standard class?)

Some shamans have ability chanel animals and priests can use maces as weapon, so they both or at least one of them might be proficient in melee.
I think GS is a mix of fighter and rogue.

I'm sure priests can use maces too at least.

Still, I think they lack someone who can properly aggro and tank heavy blows/hold zerg rush attacks.
Old 2018-10-13, 13:07   Link #545
Dark Wing

Man screw these elitist adventures disrespecting goblin slayer because he only kills goblins. Someone has to do it since none of you care enough to.

We know why goblin slayer is well a goblin slayer. Having your entire village ransacked and destroyed would do it.

Also priestess dosen't like to kill living things but I hope she understands it needs to be done.
Old 2018-10-13, 13:09   Link #546
Jord
Banned

Episode 2.

So they didn't even bother with changing cowgirl's voice at all? is not like is an important detail but still, put some effort at least, is enough with the below average animation. Is nice to see bits of GS past, when he was a kid and what happened to him. The dinamic between GS and cowgirl is quite nice, you can see how close they are to each other even when GS is basically a machine at this point.

Is appreciated the fanservice, cowgirl is a 10/10.
Jord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 13:12   Link #547
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Man screw these elitist adventures disrespecting goblin slayer because he only kills goblins. Someone has to do it since none of you care enough to.
I'm sure the guy with the stupid big sword showed some or at least had some manners towards GS.
Old 2018-10-13, 13:20   Link #548
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
I'm sure the guy with the stupid big sword showed some or at least had some manners towards GS.
I'd say it's more indifference, which is still better than the rest of the guild.
Old 2018-10-13, 13:26   Link #549
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I think GS is a mix of fighter and rogue.
Goblin Slayer is a mixture of Warrior, Ranger and Scout. The LN primarily describes him as a warrior though.
Old 2018-10-13, 13:28   Link #550
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
Okay now for the parts they skipped:
Spoiler for Spoiler maybe?:
i skimmed chapter 4 again after reading this, and i don't remember the monk part, unless it's written into the novel. either way, their fates were sealed.

glad to see they're still doing a faithful adaptation to the manga. of course they've made the necessary cuts to transition it to a watchable format. i think it's great they showed he got to where he is not because he's a prodigy or talented, but he tried and tried and tried and found what worked for his purposes.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 13:30   Link #551
DemonneoPT

I was expecting a more detailed backstory regarding GS. I understood what happened but it would be nice to have a proper flashback. It felt rushed.
Anyway, i like the atmosphere so far. I'm curious regarding how GS got his silver tag. The other guild members were right. Can he actually kill monsters that corresponds to his ranking?
Also, we got some answers regarding as to why goblins can be deceiving and as to why few people are willing to deal with them.
Too bad this only got 12 episodes. It looks promising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
Ep2

Heh, Cow Girl sounds completely the same as when she was a kid...
Including her face but the boobs got bigger which makes her even weirder...yikes, i really dislike the female designs for this show. And the VA was annoying as hell.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 13:34   Link #552
Sixth
Hu Tao

GS is such a boring person to talk with.

Majority of his responses are "Yeah" "Ok" "No" "GOBLIN".

So I guess the Priestess had been under his tutelage for a month., and now she can kill with a slight hesitation. That is quite a big improvement.

The village's massacre flashback is kinda disturbing. The Cow Girl was lucky for not being there.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 13:42   Link #553
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i also noticed they shrunk sorceress.

https://i.imgur.com/6wuuFUU.jpg

what a shame. i can't wait to hear her speak.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 13:48   Link #554
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i also noticed they shrunk sorceress.
what a shame. i can't wait to hear her speak.
Indeed she's no longer the walking shout out to Sorceress from Dragon's Crown.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2018-10-13 at 14:13. Reason: spoiler in the quote. removed
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 13:55   Link #555
Twi

I got my review done. They changed some content and meshed it up. I feel that doing so about GS's backstory took some weight out, and not explaining the fact that rate of success for rookies due to Goblin Quests are 1-in-3, but what happened to that team of female adventurers was probably for the best.
Old 2018-10-13, 14:05   Link #556
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I got my review done. They changed some content and meshed it up. I feel that doing so about GS's backstory took some weight out, and not explaining the fact that rate of success for rookies due to Goblin Quests are 1-in-3, but what happened to that team of female adventurers was probably for the best.
They also cut out the er...black comedy part involving goblins and their 'dibs' system, but yeah definitely for the best.
Old 2018-10-13, 15:11   Link #557
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
PRetty much lampshading the behavior of tabletop and mmo players who moves on "juicier" targets when leveled up high enough, with a darker take on "reality ensues" when those adventurers decides that goblins are someone else's problem.
Sort of related: one guide to Doom 2 explicitly states that there is no 'heroic death'; that an imp can clean your clock just as easily as a cyberdemon if you get careless...

Quote:
Tucker's Kobolds was, depending on who you ask, either something that really happened or an urban legend and run on the premise of what happen when low-level trash mobs suddenly start acting like guerilla fighters, like Viet-congs and talibans, said Tucker supposedly had experience fighting guerillas. The result is ugly even against a group of level 10-12 adventurers. GS Gobs are close to those Tucker's Kobolds, high on crystal meth.
A quick bit of Google-fu turned up this wiki entry; while the links in the footnotes are invalid, I did some more looking around and uneaerthed a PDF of the actual magazine referenced (yes, it was published way back in 1987). And as noted before this makes complete sense - we are talking about intelligent, cunning creatures who are fully aware that direct engagement is more likely than not to their disadvantage, so...

There is another story I recall making the rounds about another similarly-run band of kobolds - with the cherry that the GM thought it'd be amusing to grant them XP and levels from wiping out that overconfident party... and kept them around for the successor characters to run into...

Minor quibble: there is a point in episode one where GS makes specific reference to gasoline...

Oh, and I'll just leave these here as well (#1; #2)
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 15:36   Link #558
Dark Wing

Quote:
Speaking of which anyone else noticed he had the Guts look going on with the black spiked hair and all?

Hell the Lancer even had a ponytail like the one form the FATE series.
Old 2018-10-13, 15:46   Link #559
Skaddix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Goblin Slayer is a mixture of Warrior, Ranger and Scout. The LN primarily describes him as a warrior though.
Ah so he is a dirty min maxer abusing the multiclass system granted if your a non caster there is no reason not to...
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 15:49   Link #560
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
GS is such a boring person to talk with.

Majority of his responses are "Yeah" "Ok" "No" "GOBLIN".
I guess the advantage to that is that you don't have to worry about him beating around the bush in a discussion nor him hiding his true intentions.

Tags
disturbing content, fantasy, tragedy