AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2014-11-22, 10:58   Link #41
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That was a nice chapter. Might be one of my favorites so far.

A chance to see Ul again. Considering how far all over the place Gildarts goes for his jobs, having him meet Ul once before doesn't surprise me. And certainly if she met someone like Gildarts it would hit home to her that some monsters exist out there.

A chance for Gray to grieve and to show that Ul was just the type to go all out to protect kids like that.
Old 2014-11-22, 14:18   Link #42
Wandering Soul

That was a good chapter. Showed that Gildarts and Gray's Interactions weren't exactly peaceful. Also reminded us of the type of person Ur was.
Old 2014-11-22, 21:51   Link #43
immblueversion

For a minute I was afraid Gildarts would turn out to be Ultear's dad, which would just make Ur one of his old flings. I am glad that was not the case.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-23, 18:11   Link #44
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
For a minute I was afraid Gildarts would turn out to be Ultear's dad, which would just make Ur one of his old flings. I am glad that was not the case.
The same thought had crossed my mind.

I did like seeing interactions between characters that we had already known though.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-28, 23:20   Link #45
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Yea, glad that UR wasn't one of Gildart's "one-night stands"... so many "victums" LOL.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 12:23   Link #46
Krono

Chapter 6 is out.

Spoiler for Chapter 6:
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-18, 18:53   Link #47
ImperialFlameGod8190

Anybody else find it comical that this manga seems to depict Gildarts as the reason Gray has joined FT and yet in the manga Natsu and Gildarts are shown to have a father-son relationship

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-19, 06:21   Link #48
B214

Well i see nothing wrong with Gildarts being a father figure to the current members of FT.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-19, 07:58   Link #49
ImperialFlameGod8190

^father figure to the members except his own daugther

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-19, 09:42   Link #50
B214

Well that's the one trait FT master have been passing down since Makarov.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 14:22   Link #51
Slayerx

Chapters 7 and 8 came out, along with couple of omakes
Spoiler:
Old 2015-02-18, 15:00   Link #52
immblueversion

Okay, I'll say it: I don't like the characters' "happy" faces. I like the unique designs except when they "smile", they look like open-mouthed fish.

And looking back at the old Fairy Tail chapters, Juvia wasn't supposed to know what a clear sky looked like until Gray beat her. I mean, I'd be fine if Juvia only periodically made it rain like in this series, but...

Old 2015-02-18, 15:02   Link #53
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Okay, I'll say it: I don't like the characters' "happy" faces. I like the unique designs except when they "smile", they look like open-mouthed fish.

And looking back at the old Fairy Tail chapters, Juvia wasn't supposed to know what a clear sky looked like until Gray beat her. I mean, I'd be fine if Juvia only periodically made it rain like in this series, but...
Could have been hyperbole about when they first met. Maybe it wasn't quite so literal.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 19:23   Link #54
Saravis4

Wow four stories, all focused on Gray, in one day. It makes me wonder if he's going to have a very big role, even go as far as turning him into the protagonist or perhaps build up towards a major death, unlikely, but still possible.

The omakes were filler, but the main chapters were alright. He's certainly given fuel for the JuviaXGray shippers.
Old 2015-02-18, 19:34   Link #55
Slayerx

Quote:
Ya i haven't been much of a fan of the artwork either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saravis4 View Post
Wow four stories, all focused on Gray, in one day. It makes me wonder if he's going to have a very big role, even go as far as turning him into the protagonist or perhaps build up towards a major death, unlikely, but still possible.

The omakes were filler, but the main chapters were alright. He's certainly given fuel for the JuviaXGray shippers.
Actually considering how its been like 2 months since the last chapter came out, i might think the scanlators have just been kinda slow on releasing these; like they put these comics at a lower prioirty than the main series they work on. They just released them all at once rather than when they really came out/
Old 2015-02-18, 21:34   Link #56
Krono

Chapter 7 came out last month, just not by MS. The omake chapter also came out a few weeks ago. MS just finally got around to releasing 7 when they had 8 ready to work on.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-20, 20:20   Link #57
immblueversion

Just realized Chapter 9 is out. And I think I've found my favorite character in this series.

Old 2015-04-25, 02:51   Link #58
chaos_animagic

ch 8, LOL

Gray's adventures is currently the best laughs out of all other side-stories.
Old 2015-06-22, 12:48   Link #59
ellifeedn
Thinker

Fairy Tail does what Fairy Tail does best.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-24, 23:22   Link #60
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Fairy Tail does what Fairy Tail does best.
which is ripping places to shits.