AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

View Poll Results: Eden of the East - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 32 39.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 30.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 14.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 10.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-23, 09:09   Link #61
pumpkins

laughed so much at the "A beautiful lady invites tender young virgins like us to a hotel, ... "

XD
Old 2009-05-23, 09:10   Link #62
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
The real Ohsugi is probably sleeping naked somewhere, his clothes stolen by that rapist, but otherwise, he's safe.
All his clothes except his tie?
Old 2009-05-23, 09:10   Link #63
mrclastro

So whatever happened to the fact that only the owner of the phone could access the funds?
Old 2009-05-23, 09:11   Link #64
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

What do you mean? Diana didn't use Akira's phone. It was showing up in the history because all selecaos can see each others history.
Old 2009-05-23, 09:25   Link #65
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Ascaloth, you're reading too much into that Juiz stuff. I think she's simply a morally ambiguous AI programmed to diligently serve all Selecaos. She seems aloof to the morally questionable commands not because she is cold blooded or anything, but simply she has no concept of human morality.
Old 2009-05-23, 09:38   Link #66
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
...Another revelation Akira not only ferried 20,000 NEETs, but also instigated Careless Monday himself? Surely all this time Akira could have simply checked his spending history before getting amnesia to find out right away? Rather than have another Selecao tell him.
There was an item on Akira's phone that he erased past records on the phone. So after he lost his memory, those records were not there for him to find.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-05-23, 09:56   Link #67
OwnPersonalDemon

I was confused about the Ohsugi issue but it can all be sorted out by the ties...back in episode 5 Ohsugi was wearing a red tie, at the end of the episode as he's herfing outside the restaurant, a man in a suit similar to his stops to watch him...he has a green tie on...end of episode

Then in episode 6 on, the man we suppose to be Ohsugi has a green tie...put that with what others said, the phone being preset to the love advice forum, the guy couldnt really see what he was sending or writing with his hands behind his back...plus its altogether possible Ohsugi passed out, threw his bag and phone away in angsty huff or the rapist simply stole them before he was snatched up by Diana...

i would conclude the three illusions were the lifting of the rapist, the wings, and her blowing out the windows then being lifted out by helicopter...

great freakin series to put in that much detail...i would have never thought to match up ties before this episode...
Old 2009-05-23, 10:34   Link #68
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Spoiler for just in case:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Ascaloth, you're reading too much into that Juiz stuff. I think she's simply a morally ambiguous AI programmed to diligently serve all Selecaos. She seems aloof to the morally questionable commands not because she is cold blooded or anything, but simply she has no concept of human morality.

I don't think I was ever questioning if Juiz has a sense of morality....I was just bringing up the possibility that Juiz and Mr. Outside might well be two parts of the same sentient AI system. It's pretty far out, I know, but at this point, it's not like any other possibilities would fare any better.

EDIT: Also, I only just realised this....but the Noblesse phones sure are tough, if IX's can survive skittering across tarmac with no apparent ill effects. Then again, I suppose they have to be.

EDIT 2: Also, Mr. Outside mentioned that the funds in the Noblesse phones cannot be converted into cash....but I wonder if, should IX wish, can he "launder" some of his Selecao funds into his personal account by selling off the deed to the Roppongi hotel through normal means? Or perhaps, can he even ask Juiz to sell off the deed for him, and credit it all back into his Selecao fund?
Old 2009-05-23, 12:17   Link #69
Sent

Possible Ohsugi was actually the rapist she flew off with but just used an illusion to make it look like it wasn't him to Saki?? Why would a rapist post to the same board he uses etc, just seems weird. They said the suit was the same too.

And she bought back the hotel too right?
Old 2009-05-23, 12:39   Link #70
taco

Was laughing pretty hard most of the episode.

I'm not completely sure on the illusions but here goes.
Illusion 1: Making the rapist hover somehow
Illusion 2: Wings
Illusion 3: Flying somehow
Am I right?

edit: But didn't the rapist take a pic of a notebook/suitcase/binder/bag that was on the ground and had one of those chibi things of Saki hooked on? It has to be Ohsugi...
Old 2009-05-23, 12:42   Link #71
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It's been speculated that the rapist stole oosugi's bag and phone. Either that or Oosugi threw both away in a fit of druken rage and the rapist picked it up.
Old 2009-05-23, 13:33   Link #72
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
I was really enjoying the episode, up to the point they begun to discuss Diana's hate for "johnnies", I mean come on ... how can someone take such punchlines seriously. I couldn't stop laughing and utterly ruined the mood. It was a very Freudian way to put it, like some desperate psychology intern advising a gang-rape victim.

Anyway, though I ascribe to the whole illusion theory (given the account log and the helicopter), I still find it utterly pointless, Diana except some obsessive behavior towards "johnnies", was portrayed as rational and calculating and certainly not some joker who will set up useless theatrics for a chick she first saw.

Also I'm somewhat put of by this semi-feminist twist, it feels quite artificial or should I say ill-advised, which is a general trend with noitamina, the only series it really fitted in was Hataraki Man, IMHO.
Old 2009-05-23, 13:43   Link #73
~BC~

I'm not really sure how I should rate this. A part of me is kinda disappointed about the whole 'not Oosugi' thing. Especially considering the lack of concern by all the characters involved. Though looking back at episode 5 again I realized that Oosugi's socks were a greenish color as opposed to black, also that he'd abandoned the briefcase when he started to walk away from it before the cell rang. And he looked about ready to smash/throw away said phone anyway. That being said I think all the suspense being built up around his fate was a complete waste of time. Surely they could have come up with a better way of introducing us to Eden's capabilities.

I also wished Saki had come a little earlier. She's so Takizawa centered I can't help but think she's being set up for some serious disappointment.
Old 2009-05-23, 14:17   Link #74
Miraluka
Banned

Please!! somebody stop that Jhonny taker DX!!!
Old 2009-05-23, 14:27   Link #75
Frionel

Spoiler for Illusion:
Old 2009-05-23, 14:35   Link #76
Ihadurca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post

EDIT 2: Also, Mr. Outside mentioned that the funds in the Noblesse phones cannot be converted into cash....but I wonder if, should IX wish, can he "launder" some of his Selecao funds into his personal account by selling off the deed to the Roppongi hotel through normal means? Or perhaps, can he even ask Juiz to sell off the deed for him, and credit it all back into his Selecao fund?
Didn't Diana buy the hotel herself? It was listed under the "Super Illusion" record. Plus it left her with 6 Billion just like Akira. It also kept her from being kicked out of her room.
Old 2009-05-23, 14:44   Link #77
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
About Saki, even her friends knew she felt guily which is why one them punched the fat guy when he was saying too much. I'm glad didn't make her all angsty. She did seem very worried to me but then again she always looks worried so it's hard to say. But I am annoyed that she asked about Akira first rather than both Akira and Oosugi.
Saki looks sweet and nice, but if you guys have not gotten the hint yet, she is a selfish girl who only think after herself first. She is hurting because she has an impossible love. I am not saying she is a a bad person. she is not your typical heroine which selfsacrify and is honest. she lies, she deceives but she is also caring about the people she loves. It is obvious that Akira is much higher in her priorities than Oosugi. I hope Oosugi can move on, because there is not future for him with her, he has two rivals that are impossible to defeat. I think Saki is a very realistic character with all her faults, a nice change from the pseudo-angels we always see in anime.

I am thinking now that Oosugi is just sleeping his hangover somewhere. I bet he will be found the next day and when Saki see him she might have some outburst of feelings and head toward him, I really want to see him push Saki away as she head toward him and ignore her. It will be so satisfying for her to be in the receiving end.
Old 2009-05-23, 15:07   Link #78
Scarlet Letter
Littera Coccinus

Send a message via MSN to Scarlet Letter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
All the Eden system does is matching images with tagged images in a data base. This technology already exist, but it's just that the Eden program can do it faster and a lot more accurate.
Oh. :C

Quote:
"A beautiful lady invites tender young virgins like us to a hotel, ... "
Somehow, I think Akira doesn't fall into that category. : P
Just somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
All his clothes except his tie?

Unfortunately, I want to see this.
Old 2009-05-23, 15:13   Link #79
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

By the way, for what reason Diana pretended to be like a powerful witch? I mean, once Akira checks his phone it's going to be evident, it was all just a "trick". Why did she wanted to confuse Saki with that whole "act"?
I honestly cannot find any logical reason for that.
Old 2009-05-23, 15:16   Link #80
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
By the way, for what reason Diana pretended to be like a powerful witch? I mean, once Akira checks his phone it's going to be evident, it was all just a "trick". Why did she wanted to confuse Saki with that whole "act"?
I honestly cannot find any logical reason for that.
... for the style of it? XD

It was definitely quite the exit. Maybe she just figured, why not?