AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 74 39.36%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 49 26.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 13.30%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 10.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 4.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 2.66%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.06%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 2.66%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-29, 20:13   Link #321
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeBurossamu View Post
Why didn't Kyon ask Yuki to tell them about the loop the next two weeks?
Evidenced in Lone Island II, Yuki respects Kyon's words and listens to him.
I wondered that too. Maybe Koizumi had already done it. Because it seems like the most obvious thing to do you know?
Old 2009-06-29, 21:11   Link #322
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
I wondered that too. Maybe Koizumi had already done it. Because it seems like the most obvious thing to do you know?
There's no telling whether the next loop would have the necessary pieces of the puzzle fall into place to stop the time loop. As Yuki herself said, there were many instances where something from Haruhi's list was missing, which may alter what she says, and thus make it impossible to tell what the secret thing she wants is.

Unlike Yuki, a normal person wouldn't be able to stand a two week repetition for potentially years, hoping that the right conditions were met. Though you'd think they'd have her tell them at some point, once it was confirmed that they could match everything.
Old 2009-06-29, 22:10   Link #323
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Finally saw the episode, and once the drama kicked in, it sure started to feel a little stifling...

Anyway, the fanservicy bits were good, morose Nagato wasn't, and Kyon denying to himself that Haruhi can be as cute as Mikuru, hilarious!

Old 2009-06-30, 00:00   Link #324
Ardee

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Buying something different probably breaks up the monotony. She has to go to the fair and do as Haruhi asks in order to have any hope of escaping the cycle, if things don't go as she wishes there's no hope.
My guess is this: she doesn't want to "interfere", which would be to make any decision the subsequent times that she didn't make the first time. Since even the first time, she had her choce of masks, then it isn't cheating to make an equivalent, different choice and see where that leads. Hmm, I wonder if she ever bowled a perfect 300? It's also funny that as recently as the previous new episode, BLR, she mentioned breaking protocol for "emergency mode"... which makes me wonder: how many tens of thousands of loops more would it take for her to start to think there might be an emergency? And she's probably kicking herself for not putting "go to the library" on the list the first time.

I have to say, in the previous episide I was disappointed they didn't clearly show all 3 of them on the bike, since I wondered how they'd manage that. (I didn't see the metal carrier). Imagine my surprise to get to see that scene from another angle the next week!
Old 2009-06-30, 01:52   Link #325
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Even when nothing happens in one episode it all ends up falling into place and turning into something amazing in the next.

Just when I was ready to be mad at this show it manages to surprise me again.

God damn it.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2009-06-30, 01:55   Link #326
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

Kudos to KyoAni for not raping the story to make it more "interesting" for viewers. I guess it can be said that boredom is part of the story!
Old 2009-06-30, 02:08   Link #327
Ikonomi
∞て何だ。。。

I've never read the novels, so I have no expectations going into this season. That said, I really enjoyed this episode. The funny thing is I suspected what was coming at the beginning of Endless Eight part 1, but that's because I'm a total sucker for these sorts of things. That's why Urusei Yatsura II: Beautiful Dreamer is my favorite anime movie. I just love it.

I know some people didn't like that this is going to be stretched for another episode, but I like how KyoAni really stuck to their guns and repeated everything. Out of all the times I've seen this device used, no one has devoted this much time and effort to really beat it into our heads. Usually it's just "oh, i has deja vu", "plot device revealed!", "kay guyz, we stops it". Leave it to Haruhi to do it right.

The scene in the park gave me goosebumps. I also loved when Nagato gave her recount of events. I felt really bad for Haruhi when everyone was all downcast in the cafe. She just wants to have fun and it's really sweet. Who among us hasn't dreamed of an eternal summer?
Old 2009-06-30, 11:32   Link #328
othera

Quote:
Who among us hasn't dreamed of an eternal summer?
atleast most people that know just how long eternal is.

Anyways, Usually if an anime were to just repeat pretty much the last episode again, Change the camera angle and go "new material" I wouldn't be happy, But I loved watching this and didn't mind it 1 bit.
Old 2009-06-30, 11:43   Link #329
Sir Jeeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikonomi View Post
I've never read the novels, so I have no expectations going into this season. That said, I really enjoyed this episode. The funny thing is I suspected what was coming at the beginning of Endless Eight part 1, but that's because I'm a total sucker for these sorts of things.
I know what you mean. I was just thinking the other day that time loops are quite possibly my favorite type of plot device.
Old 2009-06-30, 12:57   Link #330
CharlesDiBritannia
IRABUYUU

ITSUKI <3

I can't decide what I love more about the guy, FABULOUS Engrish? Making 'boku' sound incredibly seductive? Being the yaoi fanservice?

On a more.......relevant note, poor Nagato ._.
Old 2009-06-30, 20:53   Link #331
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Episode 3 was more interesting than Episode 2, but I felt that the fanservice was a bit unnecessary... Otherwise, it's a enjoyable and better than Episode 2...

and yes, 15,000 summer loop is very unusual and defys every law of physics.

Full Episode 3 Reaction
Old 2009-06-30, 21:07   Link #332
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
Fanservice

Unnecessary
That makes about as much sense as two lobsters having a duel

Ok, maybe it's a bit much multiple episodes in a row, but come on. If they're gonna drag this thing out three times longer than then they had to, we might as well get something out of it.

Other wise there would be rioting.
Old 2009-06-30, 21:22   Link #333
wittyusername
GRADE 8 NIGHTMARE VORTEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post

But two lobsters having a duel does make sense. It also makes for ultimately more badass lobsters. I mean, would you rather walk by the lobster tank in the supermarket and see normal lobsters just chilling and being lobsters, or would you rather see battle-scarred lobsters carrying lobster-guns and driving lobster-tanks into the Great Crustacean Battle of '09?

It's bound to happen at some point or another, if it hasn't already.
Old 2009-06-30, 21:24   Link #334
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

If anime is a dish, fanservice is the extra spice or decoration that gives the consumer more pleasure. Of course there are people who prefer their food simple.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-06-30, 21:29   Link #335
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Last week's episode's fanservice focused mostly on Haruhi. This time it focused more on Mikuru. Next week Yuki?
Old 2009-06-30, 21:30   Link #336
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

For some reason even though I normally don't pay too much attention to the guys, I still think this episode's main fanservice is Itsuki lol

He had more service than Mikuru.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-06-30, 21:41   Link #337
Tempura

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
If anime is a dish, fanservice is the extra spice or decoration that gives the consumer more pleasure. Of course there are people who prefer their food simple.
Then again I wouldnt want the same simple food twice.
Seriously these two episodes are almost identical in much of the content except the break through part.
I thought the different dress ups add well to the varying flavors of two supposely "similar dish".
Old 2009-06-30, 21:42   Link #338
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
For some reason even though I normally don't pay too much attention to the guys, I still think this episode's main fanservice is Itsuki lol

He had more service than Mikuru.
Didn't Kyon get as much or more fanservice than Itsuki? (his double-take at Haruhi notwithstanding)

Old 2009-06-30, 21:44   Link #339
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post

Am I the only one imagining this music when I see those lobsters facing off?

I for one am fine with all of the fanservice. I enjoy the Mikuru, Haruhi, and Yuki fanservice of course. I'm an energetic guy after all, plus my body has its needs... ^_^ I also find the Kyon and Itsuki fanservice humorous, as I can more readily see the over-the-topness of the fanservice when I'm not distracted by it.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2009-06-30 at 21:57.
Old 2009-06-30, 22:00   Link #340
Pradelus

I'm sure this has been said many times but..
Kyon with his shirt off? In front of his sister? Not saying that it's wrong but I didn't know Kyon was that casual even though it's blatantly obvious that he's very laid back.
Closed Thread