mwuahaha.

edit>> ok, on topic now, this one would really fit Jiraya
Kabuto Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 11:37   Link #22
Dark_Twlyght

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrae
Miyamoto Musashi

Ok you are wrong. Here is a historical stand point (look it up if you doubt me)

Samuri did carry a Wakizashi and Katana. But the wakizashi was simply a status symbol to identfy them. Kind of like bars on the shoulder of a US soldier. Few if any samuri ever used these in battle. Actualy the Samuri fighting style was only taught for use of a single blade with both hands. This is not to say they were never used for fighting, but it was quite rare. The only Samuri I can remember using both katana and wakizashi is Miyamoto Musashi, a true sword master and author of the book "A book of five rings". Yet, as mentioned if forced into extreamly tight spaces I would only imagine a samuri would prefer the wakizashi to katana.
Your bother specilizes in what exactly? missinformation or making you look a fool?

The classic "ninja" sword is simply a straight single edged sword. But even that is not to belived. Ninja were common citizens that had to pretend to lead an ordanary life under most circumstances. As commoners were not allowed to own weapons during the samuri age (ages techincaly, but oh well) they tend to specilize in easly concealed and common looking weapons. neither of which fits the description of a sword. although I could name several weapons that do.

Study history not fantasy, it is more interesting once you get into it.

was Miyamoto mu-whatever taught Niten'ichi or i thought he taught himself!
Wakizashi's were for samurai's to preform Seppuku!

My brother doesn't always speak to me infact i don't c him alot
Dark_Twlyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 12:00   Link #23
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Twlyght

My brother doesn't always speak to me infact i don't c him alot
jezus christ! you just keep jappin' on and on about your brother... don't you know anything yourself? come on! show some confidence man! do some research on it by yourself! and, you know, u might just be a little carefull with what you say. because if you turn out to be wrong after all, it wil become hard for other members to believe you anymore... just keep it in mind
Old 2004-04-05, 12:02   Link #24
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Orochimaru with an A-bomb.

Leaf = owned.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 13:33   Link #25
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
Orochimaru with an A-bomb.

Leaf = owned.
The same effect could be unleashed if he attacked with his Happy Rainbow No Jutsu, as taught to him by this guy:

I mean shit, konohamaru is already freaking out and shit about the rainbows, I'm sure oro could do some serious damage
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 13:45   Link #26
Dark_Twlyght

Not worth reading!

Last edited by Dark_Twlyght; 2004-04-05 at 17:37. Reason: boring
Old 2004-04-05, 13:57   Link #27
psycoking
kyōki-ō

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lamer
The same effect could be unleashed if he attacked with his Happy Rainbow No Jutsu, as taught to him by this guy:

I mean shit, konohamaru is already freaking out and shit about the rainbows, I'm sure oro could do some serious damage
*twitch*shiver*twitch*
happy rainbow no jutsu. . . a devistating technique

Quote:
Miyamoto Musashi was basically a "street fighter" type samurai who lived just before the warring states period (c1460-1600). So he did most of his fighting in duels against other samurai simply to test each others strength (ie a pointless fight). I don't think he taught himself, but he did create his own two sword style which he describes in his book "The Book of Five Rings" (an interesting read since he's so full of himself and his style). He was one of the few samurai that did use his wakizashi to fight. But your slightly right, the wakizashi was mainly used for seppuku, but only because it would be way to akward to try to gut yourself with a much longer katana.
psycoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 14:00   Link #28
Dark_Twlyght

Niten'ichi(two Heavens as one) is the two sword style he made
Old 2004-04-05, 15:18   Link #29
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoking
But your slightly right, the wakizashi was mainly used for seppuku, but only because it would be way to akward to try to gut yourself with a much longer katana.
Well, from what I've learned of seppuku, typically male seppuku involves nearly cutting off your own head, while female seppuku involves gutting yourself. But yeah, its still sort of awkward with a katana, the extra weight and difference in balance could leave the job unfinished, or you could cut too far (again from what I learned, you werent supposed to completely sever the head)
Old 2004-04-05, 15:29   Link #30
psycoking
kyōki-ō

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lamer
Well, from what I've learned of seppuku, typically male seppuku involves nearly cutting off your own head, while female seppuku involves gutting yourself. But yeah, its still sort of awkward with a katana, the extra weight and difference in balance could leave the job unfinished, or you could cut too far (again from what I learned, you werent supposed to completely sever the head)

It'd be kind of hard to cut off your own head. For seppuku men were supposed to slash their bellies twice and then stab themselves in the throat and their 2nd (a close friend or somebody you wished to honor) was supposed to cut off their head afterwards so that they would not have to suffer long from these self inflicted wounds. I reality though samurai rearly ever did all three slashes and their 2nd usually cut off their head after the first slash or even before (like right after they raised their sword). Women only had to slit/stab themselves in the throat.
Old 2004-04-05, 16:00   Link #31
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Edited out ... don't remember why... but I was asked to
? ta fu%^

Maybe the the internet is not for you young lady ... *sigh* we lost another one folks.

Last edited by Lexander; 2004-04-06 at 18:04.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 16:13   Link #32
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

Angry

Quote:
here stood quite a stupid post, but I (K. Maniac) was requested to delete it
man o man, this is just so stupid, I don't even believe it anymore! the biggest bullcrap I have ever heard. if you little doom and misery scenario would have been true, then I am pretty sure you wouldn't even have talked about it, let alone just speaking of it like it wasn't you. that little poem? how sweet...

you wanna know what I call this? pathetic. just screaming for attention, mad cos' nobody gives it to you. start acting like an adult (even if you ain't one, I don't care) and maybe you'll be listened to, and hell, even respected!

Last edited by Kabuto Maniac; 2004-04-06 at 12:58.
Old 2004-04-05, 16:30   Link #33
psycoking
kyōki-ō

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuto Maniac
man o man, this is just so stupid, I don't even believe it anymore! the biggest bullcrap I have ever heard. if you little doom and misery scenario would have been true, then I am pretty sure you wouldn't even have talked about it, let alone just speaking of it like it wasn't you. that little poem? how sweet...

you wanna know what I call this? pathetic. just screaming for attention, mad cos' nobody gives it to you. start acting like an adult (even if you ain't one, I don't care) and maybe you'll be listened to, and hell, even respected!
whoa dudes, lets keep it clean. No need to flame. Dark_Twlyght, your not the only one with personal problem, so please don't post them cause you'll only get flamed (as our dearest kabuto-san has already shown). Remember this forum is supposed to be a deversion from reality, happy thoughts people -- otherwise Dranz will come and rip us all new ones
Old 2004-04-05, 16:34   Link #34
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoking
whoa dudes, lets keep it clean. No need to flame. Dark_Twlyght, your not the only one with personal problem, so please don't post them cause you'll only get flamed (as our dearest kabuto-san has already shown). Remember this forum is supposed to be a deversion from reality, happy thoughts people -- otherwise Dranz will come and rip us all new ones
sorry man. I let myself go to far sometimes, maybe I should learn to get a grip on myself too... :P
Old 2004-04-05, 17:50   Link #35
Bloodstainsfade
Despised

Send a message via AIM to Bloodstainsfade
No problem Kabuto, or even twylight... Don't worry about such things, just live on... Don't let such things stress you, or you'll just as was already said have Dranz shut us down... Just go back to the weapons talk, no talk of flaming, or others being wrong. If you have something to contribute go for it... Nothing derogatroy, or burdening though... Remember,Sasuke in pink...

Leo
Bloodstainsfade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 20:19   Link #36
ThePhunk
Elite Ninja Sex Machine

Send a message via AIM to ThePhunk
Seppuku, more commonly known as Hara-Kiri is self disembowelment. For the lesser-vocabularied, they jam the sword in their stomach real nice like on one side and take it out the other. You know that scene from Braveheart? That's a disembowelment.

Harakiri is ritual self disembowelment, practiced by dishonored, disgraced, or defeated samurai, or samurai who's Daimyos have perished before them (seen as a sign of affection and a celebration of their master's life, done by the most loyal servants.)

It was also a method of execution, rather than be killed by another's hands, they had the choice of taking their own lives.

During a true Seppuku ceremony, (not counting in a battle, where soldiers take their own life rather than see their side defeated, etc.), the Seppuku-ee's kaishaku, or assistant (most often a close friend), cuts the seppuku-ee's head off AFTER he has died from the self-inflicted disembowelment.

Now you know, and knowing's half the battle!

G I JOEEEEE!!!
ThePhunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 20:27   Link #37
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhunk
G I JOEEEEE!!!
Help computer!

Sorry, couldnt resist.
Old 2004-04-05, 20:33   Link #38
ThePhunk
Elite Ninja Sex Machine

Send a message via AIM to ThePhunk
Ahh, someone who appreciates Fenslerfilms.

http://www.fenslerfilm.com/?sec=video
ThePhunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 20:34   Link #39
psycoking
kyōki-ō

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhunk
Seppuku, more commonly known as Hara-Kiri is self disembowelment. For the lesser-vocabularied, they jam the sword in their stomach real nice like on one side and take it out the other. You know that scene from Braveheart? That's a disembowelment.

Harakiri is ritual self disembowelment, practiced by dishonored, disgraced, or defeated samurai, or samurai who's Daimyos have perished before them (seen as a sign of affection and a celebration of their master's life, done by the most loyal servants.)

It was also a method of execution, rather than be killed by another's hands, they had the choice of taking their own lives.

During a true Seppuku ceremony, (not counting in a battle, where soldiers take their own life rather than see their side defeated, etc.), the Seppuku-ee's kaishaku, or assistant (most often a close friend), cuts the seppuku-ee's head off AFTER he has died from the self-inflicted disembowelment.

Now you know, and knowing's half the battle!

G I JOEEEEE!!!
oooooooooooooooooooh! This guys even got the terminology down. "Harakiri." THANK YOU! I've been trying to remember that term for ages. The closest I got was "Hitokiri" which means man slayer, i think.
Old 2004-04-05, 20:43   Link #40
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Wow! Everyone is so depressed!

Hey! I have an idea! Mass suicide at my house! Bring your own stabbing knife!

I'll watch you guys do this "seppuku" you guys keep mentioning because I don't know the proper way of doing it!

I swear I'll follow in your footsteps! That is, if I don't get distracted and start watching a new episode of FMA or something.

Hum.

Jiriya with silly strings would actually be quite deadly. Those things are very flammable o_O;;

Sakura needs a a tape recorder with herself saying "Sasukeeeee- KUNNNN!!!" just in case she loses her voice.

Naruto needs a bowl of never ending ramen. Hey, if you ever got boiling hot ramen on your lap for 1 second, you know how deadly this is.

Sasuke needs...to get a new dildo, he bit off more than he can handle(just look at how he's acting now in the manga) get a smaller size that he could take.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote