AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 85 63.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 26.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 5.97%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 0.75%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.24%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.75%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-10, 23:45   Link #101
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

It's Christmas time! The time we've been waiting for since the Yoshida x Ike scene in the first OP! The prophecies will be fulfilled, very soon! You must have faith.
Old 2008-03-10, 23:55   Link #102
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
It's Christmas time! The time we've been waiting for since the Yoshida x Ike scene in the first OP! The prophecies will be fulfilled, very soon! You must have faith.
Even if the confession does occur, it most likely will be unrequited love... I think it would take a while before we have any chance of seeing any Yoshida x Ike intimation yet...

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-03-11, 00:06   Link #103
feRfe

i lawled @ alastor encouraging shana to date yuuji now.
ya this guy beats teh h4x tomogara sabrac now go hook up w/ him

Chea! AiGHt SoOt G!
Old 2008-03-11, 00:21   Link #104
Mai Kawasumi
Party! Drink! Sex!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
Ugh... in before further negative sentiments toward Kazumi (let's not let history of whatever episode discussion repeats itself in here, well, a precaution anyway)... But in any case, I still don't see how Kazumi has to disappear for the problem to be solved. Yuji could simply reject her (unless of course, she persisted even after that). I much rather prefer her to be rejected, but still alive and be with Ike instead, but given the zero development between them so far, that would be pretty awkward I suppose.
Cookie for this comment, I think the same, I don't want her dead

Old 2008-03-11, 00:24   Link #105
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai Kawasumi View Post
Cookie for this comment, I think the same, I don't want her dead
well, we still haven't had that scene between Yoshida and Ike from the first opening. It's december in the show, there's 3 episodes left, now would be the perfect time for Ike to have some character development alone with Yoshida.
Old 2008-03-11, 00:31   Link #106
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Maybe it is because he hasn't received a 'no' for an answer yet you know. If anyone is to blame it is Yuuji for being so vague with his feelings. So far he has only given Yoshida evasives and delays, so you can't really blame her for clinging to hope.
By any reasonable standard IMO, Yuji's already said no. Yes, telling Kazumi he was leaving the city *was* evading the issue on the deepest of emotional levels, but at the very least, it it should have told her that she just isn't that high a priority for him. And even when Kazumi hits on the truth of the matter--Yuji's desire to protect the city--she's still only a friend.

Yuji has also earlier tried to deal with the problem; remember him trying to refuse the bentos earlier this season, only to see Ike refusing. And then Shana jumped all over him for not being pitch-perfect in the earlier attempt at letting Kazumi down. Dumping someone is always a pain-in-the-ass; it's never pretty, but it's almost as if everyone around Yuji expects him to do it in a perfect manner. And that only helps drag the problem along.

BTW, I actually don't mind Kazumi's character; I actually think she has some great moments--the S1 confrontation and declaration of war with Shana where she actually gets the better of the Flame Haze was awesome--but I don't think Yuji really should be blamed for the weirdness between them.

At the end of the day, it's Shana who will settle the issue, when she finally makes the necessary confession. The issue was always who would Yuji choose; that's how both of the girls have defined the contest. The problem is that no one's bothered to clue Yuji on on the terms of the game.
Old 2008-03-11, 02:31   Link #107
arcticphoenix16

I watched the first few episodes of season2 and just couldn't take it anymore. Discontinued it, came back and watched 20 and 21 because there was nothing to do. I have to say I'm glad I watched it. 10/10 from me.

Which got me thinking, if this arc is supposedly the best one, what kind of crap did you guy endure from the rest of the episodes?
Old 2008-03-11, 05:21   Link #108
kamikazex

man caramel somehow she never stood out before but damn. her mask and long hair made her look exceptionally badass this episode. i'll never see her in the same way again. shes simply awesome
and yeah 10/10 frikking epic episode
Old 2008-03-11, 07:19   Link #109
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazex View Post
man caramel somehow she never stood out before but damn. her mask and long hair made her look exceptionally badass this episode. i'll never see her in the same way again. shes simply awesome
and yeah 10/10 frikking epic episode
she hasnt been Known as one of the strongest Flame hazes for no reason. Since her introduction in season 1, it was stated that she is one of the stronger flame hazes out there. Same with Flame haired red eyed and Annnnne san. So basically She is one of the ellites among the flame hazes.

Still it took all of them to take care of Sabrac. It wasnt a fair fight *_*. 3v1 ? thats cheating.

Any ways i wonder who he was talking about when he said, " there is no point in reserving POE when it is not certain when i am going to meet that person". I bet it was Pheles.

P.S. Pheles ftw. Maybe i should make a Phele sig *_*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticphoenix16 View Post
I watched the first few episodes of season2 and just couldn't take it anymore. Discontinued it, came back and watched 20 and 21 because there was nothing to do. I have to say I'm glad I watched it. 10/10 from me.

Which got me thinking, if this arc is supposedly the best one, what kind of crap did you guy endure from the rest of the episodes?
You should have asked us before doing that. I mean if you skipped episodes around 15 to 20 then you basically missed alot of cool action + a huge portion of this and Pheles arc.

And about what we endured? well Of course it was painfull for us, since we had to wait like for a month and half before some good shana action episods. But I would have probably watched them in order if i were in your position. I mean If i had just started watching shana season 2, after 21 episode, then i would have definitly watched the whole thing ( in order).

P.S. Glad you enjoyed it though .
Old 2008-03-11, 07:26   Link #110
Tendou88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Still it took all of them to take care of Sabrac. It wasnt a fair fight *_*. 3v1 ? thats cheating.
Sabrac aint fair either. He already prepared that underground thing (those strings) and he always sneak attack to get advantage of a fight.
Old 2008-03-11, 07:30   Link #111
dave1992
Hinagiku Fans

Send a message via Yahoo to dave1992
3 Againt 1? Why don't you count Yuji as their 'main tactician'?
Old 2008-03-11, 08:21   Link #112
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

is it me or were there just a lot of unnecesary panties of shana flying around
Old 2008-03-11, 08:34   Link #113
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I take my hat of to you Yuuji truly a great job. Not only did managed to stay alive without whining, but to notice his surroundings so much as to come up with this plan, execute it and win against such an overwhelming opponent is worth a pat on the bat. I must also say damn to Carmel as well to hold her own for that long and leave her trump card to the end was fucking smooth.

Another scene i enjoyed although it was minor was when Sabrac knew who Shana was from her flame and said "This must be The flame haired red hot eyed hunter" and Shana said "add Shana to the end" i thought that was pretty cute and Alastor not objecting to Shana telling her feelings to Yuji was a change. But to be able to impress Alastor Yuji has come a long way. I think at this point Yuji has finally found what he is fighting for and thats what i have been waiting for.

I see the Kazumi hate continues sigh oh well. I didnt have a problem with her this time around she was actually helping she found something she could do and she helped treat Shana's wounds. I really dont think she deserves the EXTREME hate thats been sprouting out. She can be annoying but wishing for her death is a little over the top.
Old 2008-03-11, 09:06   Link #114
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Episode 19:

-He was more or less resembling a normal person drunk with power, but for all the fighting we've seen, apparently it wasn't him that was too weak; It was just Wilhelmina being strong enough to hold him off, and Yuji's explanation seemed to make up for the big question mark as to why Sabrac had so much power, but was unable to finish Wilhelmina off (other than the fact that she was sufficiently strong and skilled).

-They haven't really explained how he got his power of existence hooked into the city, which was a minus for me. I'd accept, though, that it would be a little too contrived for Yuji to figure out EVERYTHING in that short span of time.

-Looks like Yuji's not the only resourceful one here. Although Wilhelmina probably had no idea he could devise a plan like that, she has pretty good hindsight on her own part, revealing her 'secret weapon' only when she realised her help had been received, thus giving the action of letting Yuji go serve a double purpose.

-Sabrac certainly has poor skills in detection, and that proved to be his downfall. I wouldn't rate him now as a classy villain, but neither was he anywhere as pathetic (IMO) as the Thrones of Gundam 00.

To those who considered him a little too talkative, you have to wonder whether he was opening his mouth most of the time in the first place, since we can't really see any lips from him and since not all of the 'dialogue' coming from him was acknowledged.

-Is it just me, or did Alastor just sounded as though he accepted a son-in-law?

Seriously, though, I think he pretty much sums it up with Yuji. Cursed be the one who continues labelling him a wimp.

-Now hopefully people will shut their traps about Kazumi being useless. Even being 'just' an informant has its uses. In this episode alone, Keisaku was probably as useful as her in relaying information to Margery while Kazumi to Wilhelmina.

-This felt a little like a good last episode to me, since the entanglement involving Yuji's heart was resolved, it felt as though there was a 'alls well ends well' mood, a return to status quo (even though we all know that the issue of the relationships isn't resolved yet).

-I have to admit, the last two episodes wouldn't look out of place in Bleach or-God forbid-Dragonball. Pretty explosive and full of bling as compared to some of the fights in season 1. If the fight actually went in accordance to how it did in the novels, then there isn't much I can say about it. Still, it was pretty exciting and entertaining.

I don't know what's up with the letters, but I feel a little bemused by the fact that Shana has demoted to using those, after she mustered enough courage to actually want to confess to Yuji in front of the whole school previously.
Old 2008-03-11, 10:13   Link #115
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Guess Shana is trying yet another method to get things out there. Since one time Yuji conveniently didn't hear her, other got interrupted by Pheles, and latest episode she just couldn't say it before going after Sabrac. So if verbal isn't getting the job done, let's bring on the letters .

Kazumi did function fine as a fill in for Tanaka. Needed another person to fill the role of relaying information to Carmel and she did fine. Isn't a level of wanting her dead, but wanting to get that side of things resolved. Other than repeating her feelings what else can the girl do? Well aside from looking at things from a distance and talking about how she wishes she could be with Yuji.
Old 2008-03-11, 11:20   Link #116
Dragon-Emperor
Hand of Ragnaros

I loved this episode! I did notice a few really bad animation section though; mainly around Shana when she’s flying to Sabrac at the end, and when the two clash. The level of detail just dropped. Wilhelmina however had some gorgeous moments. 9/10 from me!

I don't know what will happen in the future novel wise between the famous triangle, but I do not want to see Kazumi die, however it's looking like a definite possibility due to the 2 times she almost through away Pheles's hogou, but didn't. Seems like it will be used to me! But whether it does the sacrifice it is said to... who knows!
As FlareKnight pointed out, Shana has tried to communicate her love for Yuuji many times, all of which in rather dramatic and meaningful moments. All of which would've been epic times for him to hear her feelings, which fans would definitely love! But as for the letters... It's a cute way to get some Ike/Kazumi drama (he can't take part in an epic confession in a battle after all!) and maybe some resolve between those two. But the letters definitely won't solve things between Yuuji and Shana. Not something as dry as that! But if it's going to happen, hopefully it's interrupted and leads to the epic confession from Shanas heart that is to actually be HEARD by Yuuji. Something that has been building up throughout the whole series!
Old 2008-03-11, 12:39   Link #117
rozenfreak123
Kanna-chan/Rin-chan Lover

This was one of the best episodes so far simply because that hard-core fight scenes againist Sabrac and the Flame Hazes. It's too bad Sabrac didn't succeed though but if that happened the story plot would either go in a downward spiral or it would completely die. However, I was expecting after Sabrac's defeat that Hecate and Fecor would reappear and capture Yuji.
Old 2008-03-11, 12:56   Link #118
Sabrac

great episode and I agree with some of the others that it was prolly the best ep of both seasons. Too bad sabrac is killed off early he is by far the coolest and best villain SnS had.

Also this season isnt as bad as some say imo. Yes the 1st 11 eps were flat but the last half of this season has been great, and i would even say i have enjoyed the last half more than season 1 final half.
Old 2008-03-11, 13:01   Link #119
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozenfreak123 View Post
This was one of the best episodes so far simply because that hard-core fight scenes againist Sabrac and the Flame Hazes. It's too bad Sabrac didn't succeed though but if that happened the story plot would either go in a downward spiral or it would completely die. However, I was expecting after Sabrac's defeat that Hecate and Fecor would reappear and capture Yuji.
An abduction attempt executed by those two after the battle probably wouldn't be a good idea since Yuji and Margery are still fresh, ready to fight, and can go berserk if need be. But again, if the Balle Masque threw everything they have at them right after the battle with Sabrac, then the Misaki City defenders would be in deep trouble.
Old 2008-03-11, 13:18   Link #120
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Yay Ux3 is back!

Feels like the show is back to the end of S1. I've very happy with that