AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 22 11.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 7.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 13.68%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 14.21%
6 out of 10 : Average 39 20.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 15 7.89%
4 out of 10 : Poor 14 7.37%
3 out of 10 : Bad 9 4.74%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 2.63%
1 out of 10 : Painful 19 10.00%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-22, 19:15   Link #61
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i don't get why it wasn't 24 anyways.. but yeah, the ending was... okay, i guess. i accept how it ended with Shu in his condition, and its especially touching that he's in touch with Inori through her music. so i guess the Shu is jesus thought that ran through my mind was correct..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2012-03-22, 19:17   Link #62
pampz21
ShipCore

wow they really just BS this anime!!!! even the ending has no originality!

Spoiler for Blind shu!:

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2012-03-22, 19:31   Link #63
Sixth
Hu Tao

Why is Inori blinds at the first place?
Old 2012-03-22, 19:39   Link #64
Shizuwi

just joined and this anime was great (at few episodes) but a total disappointment X_X they tried to build a good impression, then blow it away in a way you won't even remember or suggest this anime to the next generation lol
Old 2012-03-22, 19:46   Link #65
Golos

Enjoyable ending.
Glad that Shu survived the Apocalypse. Another self-sacrifice would have been too cliched.
Successful trolling of Arisa-haters and Rowan being Daryl's savior (in more than one way) were favorite parts.
Why was Central Korea so dark?
Old 2012-03-22, 19:48   Link #66
Beggar

Ending was good, suprised that Shu survived

At the end why were they letting a blind Shu find the restaurant on his own?
Old 2012-03-22, 19:52   Link #67
Golos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beggar View Post
At the end why were they letting a blind Shu find the restaurant on his own?
Maybe, he already knows the way to the restaurant.
Old 2012-03-22, 20:07   Link #68
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'm going to have to sleep on this one before I know exactly how I feel about it.

There's things I liked about it, and there's things I disliked about it.

On the level of pure spectacle, it couldn't have been much better. And I'm glad that it wasn't a "bad" ending (in the sense of "sad"/"antagonists win"). But, for whatever reason, this ending felt a bit empty and hollow to me. It definitely felt rushed.

Ultimately, I think they tried to showcase too many characters in this big finale, and give every remaining character of note some sort of sendoff showcase/fight (Shu vs. Gai, Inori vs. Mana, Ayase vs. Daryl, Haruka vs. Keido, Tsugumi vs. ...I honestly forget his name , etc...).

This might have worked, and even worked beautifully, in a double-sized finale, but it just felt to me like they tried to do too much in too little time given a normal episode length to work with. So there just wasn't enough time left to properly handle the aftermath of the climax. When you combine that with how the climax itself was a bit confusing, well...

Maybe I'll feel better about this ending after I sleep on it though.
Old 2012-03-22, 20:18   Link #69
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i think the last scene, of Inori in Shu's arms was profoundly beautiful. They of course matched it with that line of lyrics, but it was still beautifully done. Tragic endings are becoming more commonplace, but when there's even just scene done right, it alleviates the problems.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2012-03-22, 20:34   Link #70
Kakkou
Tch.

I can't be bothered writing my thoughts again so I'll just copy+paste+edit my twitter log. lol

The hell... It wasn't quite the ending I expected, which is a good thing, yet I don't feel all great about it either... >_>

Terribly short epilogue is terribly short. I was right to think "You still have time to play the OP!?" at the start. GC should never have been on noitaminA. The slot could have had Chihayafuru and GC would have gotten an extra 2 mins per ep.
I know Kenji wasn't important at all but did they have to give him that end? At least I got my hacking battle against Tsugumi.

What's with Rowan suddenly going Misato on Daryl anyway? "You're actually a nice kid" and then he gets himself gunned down. So in the end it was Rowan x Daryl? Poor Tsugumi. Anyway after all that jazz with Daryl we don't even get shown what the fuck he's up to in the epilogue? Can I just assume he got in the elevator but was crushed when the place collapsed?

Overall the ending itself, while not to my taste, was okay but the execution was te~~~rrible.

Guilty Crown, you could have been so much more.
Old 2012-03-22, 20:34   Link #71
Team Rocket Elite

Overall, I enjoyed the ending a lot. I was hoping for a bit more of a fight between Gai and Shu using Inori's Void but I guess there wasn't time for that. It's sad to see Inori die but I guess I didn't expect them to actually go through with a clone incest ending.

I think Shu's blindness was meant to show freedom from the Void Genome since eye contact is required to pull out a Void. However, he hasn't needed eye contact to pull out a Void since episode 14. >_>

I think a lot of people wanted Souta dead but I don't really mind him living since he came to the right side in the end. However, they had two chances to off Arisa and they used neither of them.

In the end, I think we know even less about Kido Kenji than we did about Yu. I guess he really was just a terrorist who liked killing people.

Poor Rowan. I don't really mind Daryl but I didn't really want to see Rowan die. In the end they didn't really go anywhere with Daryl x Tsugumi. Not that we know what happened to Daryl in the end.
Old 2012-03-22, 20:39   Link #72
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Weak finale. Perhaps I was expecting too much.

Too many unexplained things here. Far too many. What happened would be acceptable - if we knew why. The biggest of all: the blindness. Why was Inori blind in the first place? Why did it have to get passed on to Shu? Wasn't losing Inori enough? Not to mention that eyesight has never been a factor.

They do get points for not forgetting Hare though. She was the best!

We needed four cours. So much lost potential due to time restrictions. I think they had an excellent story but ran out of time.

At least it looked and sounded good.

7/10 for the episode.

8/10 for the series.
Old 2012-03-22, 20:56   Link #73
rei_lied

I really didn't like the ending. It felt too rushed! Shu x Gai fight scene should have been longer. They still didn't explain why Inori's void is a sword...or did I missed that part?

And of course there's the matter of who died. We already knew someone will die but I didn't really expect it to be Inori. They killed off my favorite character...I guess clones really don't have to the right live in the first place. Inori died. Gai died (not that I really like him to live). Rei (from Evangelion) died...ok that's the only clones I know. Well at least Inori left somewhat a mark in the aftermath (her music). Still I would rather have Shu and Inori died in the end.

For the points I like. The use of endings songs! Oh man! Release my Soul followed by Anata ni Okuru Ai no Uta was so epic! Nice also to see the guys older although they actually look kinda the same.
Old 2012-03-22, 21:06   Link #74
Dr. Casey

I actually really enjoyed the ending, even if Ayase sadly seemed to decide for a breast reduction sometime between the main story and the epilogue. Some great music, nice Shu/Inori romance, beautiful visuals (Not that this is much a surprise considering that this is one of the few aspects most everyone agrees Guilty Crown does well with), and the epilogue was pleasant and enjoyable; I liked Shu's new damaged form with the prosthetic replacement parts. Good series overall, I'm sure I'll watch it again one of these days.
Old 2012-03-22, 21:14   Link #75
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

You know, now that this show is over, I suddenly don't feel much energy towards discussing it. Goddamn popcorn entertainment. Always makes you excited during the flick, but you quickly lose energy afterwards.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-03-22, 21:21   Link #76
prototype_sky

Truly a mixed bag of a series
Old 2012-03-22, 21:25   Link #77
Trudinh

rushed ending, agreed.

ok it was an sad ending, but to tell you the truth, i wasnt surprise at all.

it was a little confusing. help me out; shu save inori, but she was crystalize, so then he decide to use his void to save the world and die with her. but inori save shu life some how with the cost of her. and now time speed up and shu is blind(he got a walking stick) and he older and no longer got his void hands. anything else im missing that is important?

hope there season 2 to this with new character, and feature shu as an old blind wise dude who will be telling story of his past.
Old 2012-03-22, 21:37   Link #78
clef

Arbitrary story, arbitrary powers, arbitrary ending. But Kanon survived and that's all that matters.

Spoiler for Needed more screen time:
Old 2012-03-22, 21:47   Link #79
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

Oh my goodness. That was the lamest, gayest (geassed) ending I've seen in a while now. Everything was so rushed and random I didn't even understand half of what was happening.

We have Gai who was secretly trying to save Mana from the clutches of Daath. And we have Inori, who suddenly gained control of Mana through the power of love. And Mana dying just like that?

MAN, what a colossal waste of time and money. The only thing worth mentioning about this anime is the art. It's damn good esp. with that Ayase/Kallen bouncing boobs moment.

I was so sure they'd do Shuu dead/Inori alive ending but oh well...

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-03-23 at 10:44. Reason: borderline spoiler comment
Old 2012-03-22, 21:48   Link #80
com_gwp

You know what? I'm feeling nothing from this ending. This is after all, how I saw saw GC ending up weeks prior; a spectacular mess of rushed plot points and forced drama. With awesome music.

But did they really have to make him blind? There was absolutely no point to making him any worse off than he already was.
Closed Thread