AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 23
10 out of 10 : Near Perfect... 26 23.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 21 19.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 24 22.02%
7 out of 10 : Good... 18 16.51%
6 out of 10 : Average... 11 10.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 1 0.92%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 3 2.75%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 2 1.83%
1 out of 10 : Torturous... 3 2.75%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-12-08, 01:58   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Sword Art Online - Episode 23 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Sword Art Online, Episode 23.

Bonds - ~ Kizuna

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 08:02   Link #2
garbage

WAHHHHHHHHHHHH OOPS SORRY ACCIDENTAL VOTING thought it was still last episode gomen - nasai!!!
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 08:06   Link #3
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Dijobu I'll cancel it out by giving it a bad rating.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 08:12   Link #4
garbage

WTH! you've watched it ? (is it even out already?) and is it really that bad? >.< , now you're making me worried.
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 09:54   Link #5
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
WTH! you've watched it ? (is it even out already?) and is it really that bad? >.< , now you're making me worried.
Perhaps he's referring to the raw version (which was already out one hour ago). Dunno when the subs version in Crunchy will out.

Hopefully in this eps Kirito will somehow manage to clear the issue between himself and suguha, not simply pull another "I'm sorry, but i need your help" kind of cliche.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 10:00   Link #6
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I say, I hope Kirito chooses which to be his priority: find Asuna or fixed his relationship with Suguha...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 10:28   Link #7
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

This week's END CARD:

Images
Left or Right
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 11:06   Link #8
Haru-kun

This episode was kind of a disappointment, it was nothing like I have imagined. Instead of a good fighting scene --or at least a good usage of kirito's dual blade, all we got was a simple thrust with rocket launching effect from Kirito. Meh. Well on the bright side, I pretty much enjoyed Recon's screen time and the entry of the Dragons.

EDIT: Where the hell did the super anxious and desperate Kirito went to!?

Last edited by Haru-kun; 2012-12-08 at 11:16.
Haru-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 11:10   Link #9
Deltaray

Atleast it had Rue, only good thing about this episode.
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 13:20   Link #10
Yusei Fudo
Banned

Awesome episode. Major war field

And my favorite scene: the hug scene <3
Yusei Fudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 13:44   Link #11
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

I was right to give it a low rating. It was just THAT bad. ==
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 13:52   Link #12
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Count me on the plus side. Good human interaction. Good relationship between the siblings. Can't solve the whole problem in a few minutes, but can find a way to go on and be close. I'm far from a connoisseur of fighting, but that aspect was enjoyable enough for me. Even the fairies ex machina.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 14:13   Link #13
nfsac

Arg, come on Lyfa, you could have at least kissed him while you were flying and looping after the sword ''fight''
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 14:19   Link #14
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru-kun View Post
EDIT: Where the hell did the super anxious and desperate Kirito went to!?
"My little sister is imploding emotionally and it's partially my fault" serves as something of a bucket of ice water to the face.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 14:39   Link #15
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

At least, Suguha's issue wasn't magically solved, albeit it was still on the easy side (well, to have Suguha jumping back in ALO that quickly is quite too early but well).

That said, color me underwhelmed by the fight in there: it is quite obvious the guardians weren't exactly that strong but have a sheer domination through numbers, which indeed makes the advent quite difficult.
However, the execution and presentation were quite poor: the fight looks extremely turn based, with a knack of abusing close pan to the point you don't exactly see a single fight, but a sequence of several ones.
To make things a bit worse, the animation director seemed to be a tad conflicted, considering the perspective of the room is quite flawed: more often than not, the sylphes and dragon riders are attacking, with the background being "vertical", so they are still on an horizontal plan... but wasn't the goal tobreak through the mass of guardians in order to get into the inner door?
And surely, repeating the same animation stocks don't help in the aspect of "massive rampart of enemies before you" feeling: sure you see a lot of guardians in the backgrounds, and a literal swarm before the inner door, but the amount of attacking guardians on screen hardly looked impressive.

Really, the setup, the mood really was going very well for a epic raid clash, which compliments the aspect of "world wide event". However, the presentation of said fight was a bit on the lackluster side, and they still had the "good" idea of having a showcase of Leefa and Sakuya's... assets.
Kirito charging this way makes you wonder why indeed he didn't bother with another weapon before...

And I'm quite surprised that aggro wasn't even a known concept in ALO except for this dungeon. Might give even more "too easy" vibes for Kazuto
Old 2012-12-08, 14:41   Link #16
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

I expected the big fight to be a bit ..bigger. I just didn't feel like there was enough monsters attacking. They kept showing there was a lot but all they did was stand there in the background filling up space. It's always just a handful attacking. I also imagined that there would've been more dragon knights and Slyph forces. The final fight scene felt more anticlimatic to me compared to the last couple episodes.

The novel eloquently drew an image of massive whiteness against almost a single black dot (Kirito). Also his attack to break through was alot more spectacular in the novel as it wasn't some cheap move where he puts both blades on top of each other and just plow through everything. He was using dual blades in super speed cutting thru the whole blank of white mobs like a boss. It shows me that there didn't seem to be a whole lot of budget left for this episode.

Spoiler for Breaking through:

Last edited by Tsukiyomi; 2012-12-08 at 14:52.
Tsukiyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 14:54   Link #17
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

The first half was quite decent. The second half, however, was just an orgy of action fighting clichés...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 14:56   Link #18
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
I gave it an 8, as I wasn't expecting much for this particular episode. It was entertaining. But it could have been better.
Old 2012-12-08, 15:01   Link #19
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
And I'm quite surprised that aggro wasn't even a known concept in ALO except for this dungeon. Might give even more "too easy" vibes for Kazuto
Nah, aggro was a known concept. Aggroing all the monsters in their path is exactly what Kirito did when they were dashing out of the dungeon a few episodes ago. It's just that outside the dome, either healing doesn't draw aggro, or it doesn't do so nearly so easily.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 15:03   Link #20
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Next one is final episode right?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote