AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-07, 17:36   Link #18661
Ashaman

Chapter 4:
1 - Oh great, the psycho brigade is here. But hey, at least they are equal opportunity nutters.
2 - Accelerator admits his man crush, if only to himself, and decides to test if life is worth living. After all, if the Hero can die because Accelerator is throwing a tenper tantrum, then life isn't worth living... No, seriously, this is MindBroke Accelerator's reason for attacking Touma.
3 - Hamazura shows off his mad driving skills, and two gigantic helicopters suffer for it. The third pilot is pissed.
4 - Get this through your head - Carissa = GAR. Seriously.
5 - Even MindBroke, Accelerator is a genius. Then he rants, gets verbally bitch slapped, and then gets the fear of God The One Above God One Who Cleanses God and Exorcises the Devil into him. Finally, Touma smashes his face in. Lessar panties also get damp from the display.
6 - Touma pulls another hero stunt and helps Last Order. Accelerator's Hero worship silently grows. Aiwass also wishes he'd met Touma.
7 - Hamazura gets cornered, then he meets Superman. Superman instantly decides Hamazura's a pretty cool guy.

War Report - The Pope stands up, Vasilisa punishes rude subordinates, Fiamma prepares his trump card, Russia is corrupt, Carissa verbally bitchslaps the Maiden of Versailles, a couple of Level 5's hijack a pair of bombers, Aiwass is also terrifying, Hyouka heads to battle, Touma stops being emo and Index goes berserk.

Well, that's it for this volume. There is really only two overwhelming lessons I've taken from it; the first is that anything that comes out of AC is pretty damn scary. Even Level 0's like Hamazura. The second is that Carissa is overwhelmingly GAR.
Old 2012-06-07, 19:30   Link #18662
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Lessar panties also get damp from the display.
Heh. Even if it was, I'd like to think that wasn't piss.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2012-06-07, 23:34   Link #18663
Chanthien

So, I was just catching up to the latest volume, and now I have a question. This, of course, may just be my inner hero worshiper saying, but we know that Touma's power may be divine in nature, and the thing inside his arm is certainly hideously powerful. And it is quite probable that Othinus, among other people, knows that too. So what exactly is all this stuff about "moving" IB to a new "container"? Did I miss a prove somewhere which says that there is nothing "special" about Touma as a container? I mean, he is "chosen" by some higher power to be a seal of something very powerful, no...?
Old 2012-06-07, 23:45   Link #18664
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanthien View Post
So, I was just catching up to the latest volume, and now I have a question. This may, of course, be just my inner hero worshiper saying, but we know that Touma's power may be divine in nature, and the thing inside his arm is certainly hideously powerful. And it is quite probable that Othinus, among other people, knows that too. So what exactly is all this stuff about "moving" IB to a new "container"? Did I miss a prove somewhere which says that there is nothing "special" about Touma as a container? I mean, he is "chosen" by some higher power to be a seal of something very powerful, no...?

No, Touma is special, or rather 'the right hand that is attached to that boy' is the important one.

Fiamma and Ollerus suspected that Gremlin want to transfer it to somebody else, someone easier to deal with. How they're going to do that? Probably by killing the user of this 'generation'.

Though if I'm reading this correctly, they still wouldn't have any control over who the new Imagine Breaker user would be so there's no guarantee that he would be easier to control.
Old 2012-06-08, 00:16   Link #18665
Chanthien

So Touma is too spicy for Gremlim, huh...? Well, I guess that's reasonable, seeing that Touma is quite "special" even without IB. I still think it's a gamble though. And I'm also kind of worry about the direction that To Aru is going, power-wise. The thing with abilities based almost wholly on concept is that it'll take a lot of work to get it right. Three novels/year is getting harder and harder for the author, I would think...
Old 2012-06-08, 03:07   Link #18666
michino

i am not against index, or it is because i am a misaka supporter, but i don understand why she is listed as a main female character, in china website, baidu, it listed misaka as a second in position to index, and they banned me when i asked this question. i mean i understand she is a main character, but why is she above misaka to many websites, is it just because the first book based on her? i agree she appear a lot, but her presence did not make any difference, unlike misaka. just asking.
Old 2012-06-08, 03:19   Link #18667
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by michino View Post
i am not against index, or it is because i am a misaka supporter, but i don understand why she is listed as a main female character, in china website, baidu, it listed misaka as a second in position to index, and they banned me when i asked this question. i mean i understand she is a main character, but why is she above misaka to many websites, is it just because the first book based on her? i agree she appear a lot, but her presence did not make any difference, unlike misaka. just asking.

I'll let that comment about Index not making a difference/presence slide and just assume you've either forgotten or never read/watch about the events of volume 6, 7, 11, 13, 17-18 and 21-22.

That said, banning you for asking a question is too harsh.

Misaka is second to Index simply because her story came second. That's all, it's not a popularity ranking- it's a roster.
Old 2012-06-08, 03:19   Link #18668
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by michino View Post
That's a topic that most ppl have given up on, Mostly because the relavence of a character is 99% opinion. Which character maters more than another differs from person to person and which one goes on top just starts pointlessly long arguements :/

HEH and Chaos went strait down the road i steared around
Old 2012-06-08, 03:23   Link #18669
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
HEH and Chaos went strait down the road i steared around
My apologies, after 3 years of dealing with this question, I figure it's better to just cut to the chase

I'll remove it because yours sounds more diplomatic.
Old 2012-06-08, 03:26   Link #18670
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I smell the scent of cinder-ized post.
Old 2012-06-08, 08:55   Link #18671
Chanthien

Well, I personally like Index and all, but I just can't shake the feeling that Kamachi doesn't really know what to do with her. I mean, sometimes she seems more like a MacGuffin Girl than a "real", dynamic character...
Old 2012-06-08, 09:05   Link #18672
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
No, Touma is special, or rather 'the right hand that is attached to that boy' is the important one.
This also confuses me. Fiamma wet his pants when he see the thing inside Touma and Crowley even comes out of his test tube to punish Fiamma for seeing it. But Othinus doesn't even care about it at all. She is even disappointed that its only at that level. Gremlin's goal is the right hand itself and not the thing which was being sealed by that right hand.
Old 2012-06-08, 10:16   Link #18673
Miraluka
Banned

If Touma shows a change that Aleister can't control anymore is obvious that he'll be angre at Fiamma for causing such change.
Old 2012-06-08, 10:35   Link #18674
tsunade666

I'm not even sure if Gremlin wants the right hand or imagine breaker. Because if they want the right hand then why do they need to transfer it?

Fiamma wants the right hand and not the imagine breaker. He wants the right hand as a perfect container for the holy right.

Gremlin wants something on Touma and the experiment proves that that their is indeed something that it breaks or ... can't understand but they want it but what they want isn't sure for me. Imagine Breaker or the right hand. Because if it's right hand then why transfer? and what's so special about the right hand that contains the imagine breaker which seals up something special inside Touma that Gremlin doesn't want but Crowley wants.
Old 2012-06-08, 12:41   Link #18675
Phibrizzo
Honos628

I am still hoping is Gunha, that part of "Academiy city doesn't value you enough" set many flags on my opinion (yeah I know Gunha probably did the curriculum but I will want to think this way).

Personally I think a full power Index is just to strong that's why she is given this secondary character spot so far.

Last edited by Phibrizzo; 2012-06-08 at 12:55.
Old 2012-06-08, 12:45   Link #18676
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Personally I think a full power Index is just to strong that's why she is given this secondary character spot so far.
Not really, she's on par with Ollerus as imperfect Majins -- at best.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-06-08, 12:45   Link #18677
Miraluka
Banned

She is a rule breaker somehow, so in order to use her character in the story it needs hax characters like ants.

I was hoping to see Gunha as the subject Othinus was but is discarded since he was developed by Kihara.
Old 2012-06-08, 12:49   Link #18678
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
She is a rule breaker somehow, so in order to use her character in the story it needs hax characters like ants.

I was hoping to see Gunha as the subject Othinus was but is discarded since he was developed by Kihara.
But Gunha doesn't reside in the Windowless Building, so nope.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-06-08, 12:56   Link #18679
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Yeah I know Kyon, that's why I say its wishful thinking on my part.

The only thing I can really guess would be Kazakiri or something completely new and as Wilfriback mention, Index is still a rule breaker and would make 90% of the fight's so far a cake walk if she could freely use all the grimmores.
Old 2012-06-08, 12:56   Link #18680
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
But Gunha doesn't reside in the Windowless Building, so nope.
ofcourse he does, the image everyone sees is just a thought projection using GUTS! ... ok that's 99.99999% unlikely
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen