AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2022-11-08, 22:32   Link #481
cyberdemon

Not much change outside a few house seats so far. Pa and Ga are likely going to be the only chance at flip seats in the senate. Both will likely come down to run off elections as well. While they’ll likely flip both houses by the minimum, it’s going to reflect badly on them when many expected a wave but got a drizzle

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2022-11-08 at 23:48.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-09, 02:47   Link #482
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

There are no runoffs in PA and Fetterman won comfortably anyway.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-09, 09:07   Link #483
The Green One

Soon the cries of voter fraud begin........ oh who am I kidding, they've already started.
Old 2022-11-09, 17:15   Link #484
cyberdemon

The ga race is going into a runoff. Who knows how that will turn out.

Honestly Republicans only needed to put out level headed candidates and there likely would’ve been a red tsunami. Instead they put out Trump backed conspiracy theorists who likely scared the moderates away.
Old 2022-11-09, 19:36   Link #485
Key Board
Carbon

Ron De Santis is probably going to be the GOP nominee

Ignore everything trafalgar law and real clear politics has ever said

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-09, 21:29   Link #486
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Ron De Santis is probably going to be the GOP nominee

Ignore everything trafalgar law and real clear politics has ever said

//
After this failure, I expect Trump won’t even run unless he faces jail time otherwise. He expect his brand would get him the majority needed to throw out results if he lost. Plus unless the economy improves I think he wouldn’t run for lack of things to brag the “he” did. He wants the bragging rights. He doesn’t want to put in the actual work. If he failed to improve the issues with the economy then he would be viewed as a failure which is the worst thing imaginable for him. He’s just threatening DeSantis because he needs to keep his fallback option open

His so called big November 15th announcement too would probably change based on the results. Win big, he announces his candidacy. Lose and THEN he endorses DeSantis to make sure the nominee is still all about himself with the minimal risk.
Old 2022-11-10, 03:41   Link #487
Jaden

The political right has never been very good at expectation management. Their media figures make a living keeping people engaged 24/7, and they created the "RED WAVE" alternate reality bubble. When really, it looks to me like the needle has only moved locally in certain states.

Trump plays into that stuff, but he doesn't control the republican purse strings, and he doesn't make the hires. He can easily disown all his failures in this election, take zero responsibility. Personally, I think it's ridiculous that Trump is still the most popular republican and the likely 2024 nominee, but it is what it is. I'm still holding my MAGA stocks. I don't see any resurgence of the old neocon/moderate GOP.
Old 2022-11-10, 04:51   Link #488
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I don't see any resurgence of the old neocon/moderate GOP.
Maybe they won't have much of a choice; the MAGA crowds is still strong within the party ut if thoses scare away the moderates and independants they might be more of a liability than a asset.
Old 2022-11-10, 11:59   Link #489
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Maybe they won't have much of a choice; the MAGA crowds is still strong within the party ut if thoses scare away the moderates and independants they might be more of a liability than a asset.
Let's not forget Donald Trump does not have the balls to make a third party, at the end of the day he is just a bottom feeder.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-12, 22:53   Link #490
cyberdemon

It will be interesting to see where ga’s runoff will go after democrats secured 50 seats to the senate. Will ga rep feel it is needed to turn out for walker?
Old 2022-11-12, 23:36   Link #491
The Green One

Repubs urgently need to catch that seat, an extra seat in the Democrat's hands is one less person they have to convince to pass votes. Especially if Manchin again starts being obstructionist.

Repubs are already going to struggle to get even a tiny majority in the house as it is. Even that isn't guaranteed.
Old 2022-11-13, 00:14   Link #492
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Repubs urgently need to catch that seat, an extra seat in the Democrat's hands is one less person they have to convince to pass votes. Especially if Manchin again starts being obstructionist.

Repubs are already going to struggle to get even a tiny majority in the house as it is. Even that isn't guaranteed.
Imagine if the repubs don't manage to get even a slim majority in the house, then pushing a pos like herschel walker might be detrimental for 2024, since that will be the last thing voters will remember from this midterms, how the repubs after losing kept supporting a trumpist, because this is no longer a georgia runoff, it is going to be a national three ring circus the next couple of weeks, so even those that did not know about this former football player turned politician exploits, they now will surely get an earful.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-13, 00:37   Link #493
The Green One

Then we have Trump who's planning on flipping the collective Republican Party the bird and say "If I can't have my way then I'm burning you all down with me!" with his intention to announce candidacy for President to try to dodge the Legal Guillotine coming his way.
Old 2022-11-13, 05:36   Link #494
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

If he runs for President as Independent then he's probably going to take a not insignificant amount of Republican voters with him, which some people say will effectively guarantee a Democratic victory.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-13, 07:16   Link #495
Key Board
Carbon

That’s why I think they will prevent him from running

By a.n.y means

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-13, 07:40   Link #496
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
It will be interesting to see where ga’s runoff will go after democrats secured 50 seats to the senate. Will ga rep feel it is needed to turn out for walker?
Runoff dynamics have trended Democratic in GA in recent cycles, and Warnock did finish about 1 point ahead in the first round. His voters are better educated and they're more likely to turn out for a runoff election. Also, Warnock is just a much better candidate. Early ratings have the seat as Lean-D and it would be a surprise to see it flip.

Also, 538's polling average had Warnock up 2.1% and he won the runoff by 2.0% (after Republicans had considerably outpolled Democrats in the first round). It was one of the few states the polls got right in 2020, and this time the polls actually underestimated Warnock about 2 points on Tuesday.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-15, 20:57   Link #497
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Trump just filed for candidacy. Independent or with the blessing of the Republican party?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-15, 21:05   Link #498
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If he wanted to wreck everything, he would run as a Democrat.
Old 2022-11-15, 22:10   Link #499
The Green One

Whew good thing running for President makes you safe from the law forever huh?
Old 2022-11-15, 22:27   Link #500
ramlaen

It does make you effectively off limits, look at what happened when Trump wanted Biden's Ukraine dealings investigated.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote